AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime > Fansub Groups

Notices

Old 2004-03-21, 13:02   Link #1
JAppi
Banned

Send a message via AIM to JAppi Send a message via MSN to JAppi Send a message via Yahoo to JAppi
Who's subbing what this season?

The following shows will air next month:

My Hime Anime-keep (and perhaps their sister)
Bird of Fire
Magic Girl Party
Madlax
Gantz Everyone and thier sister
This Ugly and Beautiful World Everyone and thier sister
Koi Kaze
Go Danner 2nd Season
Love Baby
Kyou kara Mao!
DAN DOH!!
Keroro Gunso
Hanaukyo Maids La Verite Everyone and thier sister
Midori's Day Everyone and thier sister Seichi
Sensei no Ojikan
Zukkoke
Legendz - Tale of the dragon kings
Get Ride! AM-Driver
Ragnarok The Animation Everyone and thier sister
Monster A-Kraze and thier sister
Ultra Q - Dark Fantasy
The Melody of Oblivion Everyone and thier sister Anime-Source
Baku-ten Everyone and thier sister AE-Keep Lunar
Tetsujin 28
Petit Cosette
Panda Z - The Robonimation
Pugyuru
Initial D The Fourth Stage Everyone and thier sister (probably licensed)

Which groups are planning on subbing what?

Shows that are licensed
Tenjou Tenge
Samurai Champloo

Last edited by JAppi; 2004-03-27 at 21:25.
JAppi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-21, 15:23   Link #2
bayoab

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAppi
Tenjou Tenge
Samurai Champloo
The above two are very likely co-funded and licensed respectively.
Quote:
Gantz
This Ugly and Beautiful World
Hanaukyo Maids La Verite
Midori's Day
Ragnarok The Animation
Monster
The Melody of Oblivion TBS
Baku-ten
Initial D The Fourth Stage
And everyone and their mother will be subbing these (although i think RO anime is licensed, but i cant find where i heard that anywhere)
bayoab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-21, 15:55   Link #3
JAppi
Banned

Send a message via AIM to JAppi Send a message via MSN to JAppi Send a message via Yahoo to JAppi
Quote:
Originally Posted by bayoab
And everyone and their mother will be subbing these (although i think RO anime is licensed, but i cant find where i heard that anywhere)
Well, the idea behind this thread is that the groups will be able to tell who's subbing what and they'll be able to decide if they want to drop a show because there are too many people subbing it.
Old 2004-03-21, 17:47   Link #4
teh_suck
AKA Torgen from We Suck
*Fansubber

Quote:

Love Baby
Midori's Day
Initial D The Fourth Stage
Love Baby is an abbreviation of the full name of the show, "Ai shiteru ze, BABY"; also, it should be Midori's Days. And I hope common sense prevails and Initial D 4th stage is considered prelicensed by Tokyopop.
teh_suck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-21, 18:12   Link #5
JAppi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by teh_suck
Love Baby is an abbreviation of the full name of the show, "Ai shiteru ze, BABY"; also, it should be Midori's Days. And I hope common sense prevails and Initial D 4th stage is considered prelicensed by Tokyopop.
Please, don't complain, I just took this all from http://animedaisuki.net:8008/#TV_Series

Don't just assume things are licensed or else you end up with One Piece syndrom.
Old 2004-03-21, 18:44   Link #6
bayoab

Quote:
Well, the idea behind this thread is that the groups will be able to tell who's subbing what and they'll be able to decide if they want to drop a show because there are too many people subbing it.
This doesn't work. We have tried doing this on etg for nearly 1.5 years now. It DOES NOT WORK. People lie, hide shows, etc. It was originally suggested by an Ishin member and sounded like a good idea, but we very very quickly found out that its just a waste of time. Well, actually, here is basically how it works.... everyone announces 2-5 shows, some of the smaller groups decide they are wasting their time when they see 500 larger groups are doing a show and drop off, then the bigger groups end up pulling up 500 new shows that they hadnt mentioned after they aired.

Another note: Hi no tori probably licensed, it is co-produced by a US tv station. (See dvd and licensed thread)
Old 2004-03-21, 19:29   Link #7
SirCanealot
What? I am washed up!

Send a message via MSN to SirCanealot
I'd (Anime-Blitz) be intresting in Ragnarok the animation if 5000 groups aren't. I've read some of the manga, and it's alright... so I'd be interested in seeing some of the anime when raws start comming out...
SirCanealot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-21, 19:59   Link #8
JAppi
Banned

Quote:
This doesn't work. We have tried doing this on etg for nearly 1.5 years now. It DOES NOT WORK. People lie, hide shows, etc.
I think we established it a long time ago that this thread, most likely, will not work at all. Just look at Chrno Crusade. Why did they waste their time subbing it in the first place? Look! It's licensed.

I guess I should rephrase myself. This way we can get an idea of who to expect for each show. That way we can wait for the version from the group we prefer.
Old 2004-03-21, 20:14   Link #9
Lavender

This idea may not work all that well in terms of prevention of over-subbing~but I think it still has some uses. For example, if someone from each group tells us they are planning to sub, then the fans can get a little preview of what's coming their way. Also, if they see that no group is subbing their faverite show or a show that they think should get some spotlight, they still have time so go to channels and froums to suggest/beg the subbers^^...**hint**someone sub Ai shiteruze Baby**hint**^___^
Lavender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-21, 22:52   Link #10
drvtech

Quote:

Bird of Fire
Magic Girl Party
Madlax
Gantz Everyone and thier sister
This Ugly and Beautiful World Everyone and thier sister
Koi Kaze
Go Danner 2nd Season
Love Baby
Kyou kara Mao!
DAN DOH!!
Keroro Gunso
Hanaukyo Maids La Verite Everyone and thier sister
Midori's Day Everyone and thier sister
Sensei no Ojikan
Zukkoke
Legendz - Tale of the dragon kings
Get Ride! AM-Driver
Ragnarok The Animation Everyone and thier sister
Monster Everyone and thier sister
Ultra Q - Dark Fantasy
The Melody of Oblivion TBS Everyone and thier sister
Baku-ten Everyone and thier sister
Tetsujin 28
Petit Cosette
Panda Z - The Robonimation
Pugyuru
Initial D The Fourth Stage Everyone and thier sister (probably licensed)

Which groups are planning on subbing what?
Hmm, well I know for sure Seichi will do Midori no Hibi probably against a few other big names ^^;; I did offer to joint with a few groups doing it though ^^;;.
Our other two translators are now mulling over these series: Koi Kaze, http://www.bones.co.jp/kb/kb.html, http://www.ppvj.co.jp/anime/0404tristia/, and one more, forget atm.

Should be announced which one soon ^^;;
drvtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-21, 23:28   Link #11
wraith985

Send a message via AIM to wraith985
If any groups doing ID 4th Stage need an editor, I'm game

Not likely, but worth a shot.
wraith985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-21, 23:56   Link #12
<xellos>
As a WHM I help people

you forgot to mention My Hime, i think A-Keep is gonna pick that up, they released the promo already...a bunch of ppl think its already licensed though
<xellos> is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-21, 23:58   Link #13
Garylisk
Baka Neko!
*Fansubber

Send a message via ICQ to Garylisk Send a message via AIM to Garylisk Send a message via MSN to Garylisk Send a message via Yahoo to Garylisk
FoT won't be doing any of those.

Our next project will more than likely be an older title. Very possibly one of the recently liscensed shows that are gonna get butchered by 4Kids (At least once we hear that it's definitely gonna get butchered with no uncut DVD release... and no, it's not Tokyo Mew Mew).

In any case, none of those show sound all that interesting to me, and on top of that, I'm sure enough groups will pick up the new shows anyway.

BTW, It'd be nice if all the groups could agree who's doing what show... it'd make things a lot easier, and we wouldn't get billions of groups doing the same show. But then again, a lot of these groups do shows other groups are doing to outdo other groups... to be "cooler"... and then on the other end of the spectrum, some groups will do a show another group is doing just for fun.. just becuase they felt like it... not really caring if anyone watches or not. Whichever way, that'll always happen... so I guess things can't really be narrowed down to one group per show... especially with new shows and how popular fansubbing is these days.

Garylisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-22, 00:03   Link #14
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
What are the websites more some of these animes? I have seen a few so lets put together a list ^-^ unless there is one floating around the place and I'm blind as Piggy without glasses.
Leo_Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-22, 01:50   Link #15
Kasshin
Kasshin X Kasshin

Send a message via ICQ to Kasshin Send a message via AIM to Kasshin Send a message via MSN to Kasshin
Quote:
This doesn't work. We have tried doing this on etg for nearly 1.5 years now. It DOES NOT WORK. People lie, hide shows, etc. It was originally suggested by an Ishin member and sounded like a good idea, but we very very quickly found out that its just a waste of time. Well, actually, here is basically how it works.... everyone announces 2-5 shows, some of the smaller groups decide they are wasting their time when they see 500 larger groups are doing a show and drop off, then the bigger groups end up pulling up 500 new shows that they hadnt mentioned after they aired.

Another note: Hi no tori probably licensed, it is co-produced by a US tv station. (See dvd and licensed thread)
Well, maybe you should try doing this not ONLY in ETG. I remember seeing the list of "who's subbing what" back then, and it did not include the groups on other servers. That's probably the problem right there. Last season there WAS still a list, and I think it worked out pretty well. Notice how the super popular FMA was only subbed by 2 groups (or maybe I should say groups of groups...)? CC was delayed, though, that may be why it's that oversubbed.

I think this is a good idea, but only if all groups participate. Not every group comes on the animesuki forums though, so perhaps the old idea with someone going out and messaging people from groups might still be better. Problem with the whole thing though, is that a lot of groups may not decide on what projects to pick up until they've seen the first ep of a couple of them, especially if the anime don't have manga versions. Yes, some groups do sub for enjoyment... and isn't completely absorbed in getting the first episode of any anime (ones they might not necessarily enjoy subbing) out first.

At the moment... Anime-Kraze is still debating over what project(s) to pick up, and whether to actually pick up new projects or not. So I can't post anything right now, sorry.
Kasshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-22, 02:21   Link #16
Mr_Paper
Hmm...

The reason it was tried on ETG was plain and simple, since most groups
annouce their releases in AnimeCentral on ETG it was a logical place to
try and gather information on which groups were doing what series for
the upcoming season. Altough I don't understand why groups need to
hide what series they plan on doing. All that does is create unneeded
competetion between fansub groups.
Mr_Paper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-22, 02:45   Link #17
Kasshin
Kasshin X Kasshin

Send a message via ICQ to Kasshin Send a message via AIM to Kasshin Send a message via MSN to Kasshin
I don't know about you, but the only people I've ever seen in there are people in ETG groups (mostly). Most people don't even report their releases there anymore, anyway. It usually takes them an hour or more to update it even when I do report releases.
Old 2004-03-22, 03:03   Link #18
bayoab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasshin
Well, maybe you should try doing this not ONLY in ETG. I remember seeing the list of "who's subbing what" back then, and it did not include the groups on other servers.
Actually, the first list included etg groups only because well, it was made at the group meeting on etg (so any groups that were there were on the list).
The second list included all major groups that do not sub anything licensed...
The third list included all groups that decided to participate.... (Which is the current format) (This would be april of 1 year ago)

Quote:
At the moment... Anime-Kraze is still debating over what project(s) to pick up, and whether to actually pick up new projects or not. So I can't post anything right now, sorry.
Yes, this is the most common response to the question that we get... "We are still thinking about it" we get that until the show actually airs and 30 groups hop on it...
Old 2004-03-22, 03:10   Link #19
Kasshin
Kasshin X Kasshin

And that is why the current format should be kept.

And as I've pointed out...

Quote:
Problem with the whole thing though, is that a lot of groups may not decide on what projects to pick up until they've seen the first ep of a couple of them, especially if the anime don't have manga versions. Yes, some groups do sub for enjoyment... and isn't completely absorbed in getting the first episode of any anime (ones they might not necessarily enjoy subbing) out first.
But if groups DO point out what they're gonna sub, those series will most likely be counted out by the groups who are still considering, unless the group REALLY loves the anime.
Old 2004-03-22, 03:34   Link #20
K_R
also known as K!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo_Otaku
What are the websites more some of these animes? I have seen a few so lets put together a list ^-^ unless there is one floating around the place and I'm blind as Piggy without glasses.
If you mean official websites for series, then moonphase is my first pick. Has the air date, broadcast network, a link to the official site and some info (such as cast). http://www.moonphase.cc/Html/anime.html
K_R is offline   Reply With Quote