View Single Post
Old 2008-05-26, 07:11   Link #52
Mr. Stuff
Odorimashou ka?

Apparently lots of people are having problems with DirectVobSub not noticing subtitles after a linked OP or ED file plays. I'm one of them, and just looking around I found FOUR more threads here with the exact same problem.

See: This thread and This thread and This thread (Formula started using split chapters for Shugo Chara), and even earlier in the thread we're in right now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowfairyX View Post
I'm having trouble getting episode 6 of Kurenai to display subs properly when I have both the opening and the ending in the same folder as the episode. When I placed the opening into a different folder but kept the episode and the ending together, the subs show up perfectly fine during the episode until the preview. Then when I separate the episode from the ending as well, the subs in the preview start working. I use MPC and I'm pretty sure I only have the CCCP downloaded, so what can I do to get the subs to work properly without simply separating the OP and the ED from the episode and watching them separately?
That's a significant number of people.

I'm having this problem, and I'm running Vista, the latest version of CCCP, a slightly older CoreAVC, and MPC. I use CoreAVC to play MKV files and not FFDshow.

The solution to this problem is very simple, I've found. After the OP plays (and subtitles fail to appear), double-click on the green DirectVobSub arrow in the taskbar. DirectVobSub settings will appear. Next, change the tab from "Main" to "General". For whatever reason, at this point VobSub "wakes up" and realizes there are subtitles again, and begins displaying correctly.

If anyone knows what is going on here, I'd greatly appreciate it if you could lend some advice. It's not a life-threatening problem, but it is annoying to have to "wake up" VobSub every time after you play an OP file.

Thanks for listening - and hopefully people will realize now that this is a specific problem with the new chapter system and not someone's individual PC. Perhaps it's an issue with CoreAVC (edit: just tried it running FFDshow, no change), or perhaps its something with VobSub, I don't know.

Last edited by Mr. Stuff; 2008-05-26 at 07:22.