AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

View Poll Results: Claymore - Chapter 108 rating
Perfect 10 13 20.97%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 16 25.81%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 9 14.52%
7 out of 10 : Good 13 20.97%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 4.84%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 3.23%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.61%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.61%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 4 6.45%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-09-28, 17:57   Link #1
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Claymore Chapter 108

Welcome to the monthly discussion thread for Claymore, Chapter 108.

The thread was created before the chapter was published. Usually false spoilers start to appear early so (naturally) people always need a place to discuss them.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • The Claymore manga is licensed by Viz so questions about scanlations or answers about scanlation are not allowed. Remember that AnimeSuki does not enable downloading of any licensed anime or manga.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.

Since Claymore is licensed by Viz the following posts are not allowed
  • Asking where you can find Claymore manga downloads, scans or translations.
  • Linking to Claymore manga downloads, scans or translations.
  • Posting Claymore scans or translations.
  • Discussing Claymore scan groups (past or present).
These rules applies to the raws as well.

You still are allowed to discuss the manga, that has not changed but please remember to limit the discussion to the story itself.

Summaries are allowed, it's just that full translations are against the forum rules. The odd image or a translation of a line or paragraph is acceptable, that's considered "fair use" but more than that isn't allowed. If you need to post a single image (or preferably only the relevant part of an image) for a reason related to discussion you can put it on an image host, but never ever post a link where people can see the entire manga.
Old 2010-09-28, 19:36   Link #2
yononaka
nani ni tatoemu

I guess this should actually go here instead...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryus View Post
This popped up last night on Biadu... It's Japanese on a Chinese site and on a thread listed as ch 108. So maybe it's a spoiler...

Spoiler for Possible 108 spoiler... I couldn't make heads or tails of it... sorry. Needs someone to translate it or at least tell us if it is a spoiler or not.:
Yes, it's a (EDIT: fake) spoiler for sure.

Spoiler for Translation, hopefully I got the mixed-in Chinese characters right...:

Hopefully someone can confirm my interpretation of the non-Japanese characters that the Chinese site put in there...

Last edited by yononaka; 2010-10-02 at 16:15. Reason: marked the spoiler as fake, now that we know
Old 2010-09-28, 20:05   Link #3
FormerAbyssalone
Guts=badass

Send a message via Yahoo to FormerAbyssalone
Spoiler for Hmm..:

Thanks for the translation BTW @Yononaka.
Old 2010-09-28, 21:20   Link #4
An4rchy99
♥ Ophy~chan ♥

Great work yononaka! You at least made it sound more sensible

Spoiler for spoiler talk:
Old 2010-09-28, 21:31   Link #5
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Spoiler for spoiler:
Old 2010-09-28, 21:55   Link #6
MalakTawus

It's obvious that whatever happens Yagi had all planned from the beginning,it's not that he can change the whole direction of the story only to please Miria's fans,and surely not in one month.
Btw i don't think that we have to use the spoiler tag,this is ch.108 thread already,who comes here should be prepared to read spoilers......
Old 2010-09-28, 23:19   Link #7
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerAbyssalone View Post
Hmm, seems like a legit spoiler, but I don't see how it can go 2 Clare/Priss... unless we got our sence of time wrong.

Thanks for the translation BTW @Yononaka.
Yes! Thank you Yononaka

Hmm... either Miria took a long time traveling to org hq or Yagi does a time jump back
events beyond the Miria stuff after Galatea and Tabitha sense Miria. I think if the spoiler is true it is the later since after all there was no mention of Galatea or Tabitha sensing the Destroyer, something I've personally been waiting for for almost 15 chapter now.

Plus if The Destroyer had awakened at that point in time it might have been enough to jam anyones ability to sense Miria since it seems to be a tiny amount of yoki she is emitting now.

Next off if this timeline is correct my speculation that the org may keep Miria alive to infect her with a hellcat rod is likely wrong, since how could they intent to do this before she even existed? That said there is no reason why they wouldn't keep her alive for whatever reason and choose to infect her later with a hellcat rod. However this also doesn't mean they don't plan on keeping her alive for other reasons and/or she won't go mad and awaken like many others predicted later (in Miria's point of view moments later, from the readers point of view... whenever Yagi would get back to that part of the story).

Who knows about the dee vs priscilla though Maybe Priscilla won and is beating up Clare's friend in front of her, maybe Dee went to in to pay back the debt for her other squadmate, or maybe the poster meant Clare...
Old 2010-09-29, 00:25   Link #8
An4rchy99
♥ Ophy~chan ♥

I also agree that, if we take into account the timeline difference, it is very unlikely that Miria would be kept alive without knowing the reasons what she is kept alive for.

My speculation is somewhere around the fight when Miria unleashes her yoki, it was sensed by Gala and Taby, and they comprehend on that. I am hoping there is nothing more to this and finally Yagi gives Miria the deserving send off we all was expecting. I would stick to the fact that Yagi pointed the difference in the dates when he started the Miria fight chapters.

As Ryus said, it is impossible for Gala to miss the destroyer yoki rising and instead pickup on Miria's, therefore its a good bet to assume that none of that has happened yet.

I think I would write off the Dee v Prissy as a mere speculation or fake in the spoiler.
Old 2010-09-29, 04:28   Link #9
haegar
mangaviking

well it doesn't have to be Dietrich vs. Prissy as such... Dietirch could very well be near death just from being too close to the skirmish between the heavy hitters

I sure hope not though ... if Yagi goes on to kill of another of my favorites I shall proceed to sue him for the immense distress he has caused me XD
Old 2010-09-29, 05:14   Link #10
Korinov
The Burned Man walks!

Spoiler for spoilah:

This would mean Miria is still alive, wouldn't it? Tsk. At least I hope Yagi can imagine a very good reason for the MiBs to keep her alive.

OT bonus track.
Old 2010-09-29, 07:18   Link #11
MalakTawus

Imo it's not belivable that Prissy attacks Diet,why would she bother?
The only way i can see Prissy hurt Diet on purpose is if Diet herself decides to attack Prissy,but who would be this stupid to attack someone as powerful as her?.........besides Claire,lol.....
Imo if diet was hurt it happened only 'cause she was too close to the battle like heagar said........but to be honest imo it's a fake spoiler.
Old 2010-09-29, 07:21   Link #12
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

It could be that Miria is dead; didn't Galatea say before, that when Isley died, she felt a sudden surge of energy before it died away completely?

Miria seemed to give in to her death...so far, I don't understand how that can lead to her using youki and/or awakening.
Old 2010-09-29, 07:28   Link #13
FormerAbyssalone
Guts=badass

Send a message via Yahoo to FormerAbyssalone
Quote:
Originally Posted by MalakTawus View Post
Imo it's not belivable that Prissy attacks Diet,why would she bother?
The only way i can see Prissy hurt Diet on purpose is if Diet herself decides to attack Prissy,but who would be this stupid to attack someone as powerful as her?.........besides Claire,lol.....
Imo if diet was hurt it happened only 'cause she was too close to the battle like heagar said........but to be honest imo it's a fake spoiler.
I don't know, I'm on the fence for this one. I can't really tell if the spoiler is fake or not. But who knows there could be more spoiler 2 come out as we get closer 2 new chap!

Now I don't see Dee attacking Priss, you would have 2 be out of ur mind 2 do sumthin that crazy!
Old 2010-09-29, 07:55   Link #14
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

You'd have to explain first why that fight would even happen considering, last we checked, she was in the middle of a Claire/Raciella cyclone
Old 2010-09-29, 08:34   Link #15
Ryuken
Claymore #01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korinov View Post
Spoiler for spoilah:

This would mean Miria is still alive, wouldn't it? Tsk. At least I hope Yagi can imagine a very good reason for the MiBs to keep her alive.

OT bonus track.
If both of them felt it, then it would most probably mean that she is not dead. Now I don't know about the being barely alive thing or anything else for that matter. To me, these statements from the best two sensors around is enough. So, I'm happy, a little, for the moment anyway.
Old 2010-09-29, 08:50   Link #16
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
So Miria is still alive but now Dietrich is meeting her doom? Way to spoil my brief moment of happiness.
Old 2010-09-29, 09:00   Link #17
MalakTawus

IF the spoiler is true if even Tab is able to feel Miria's yoki from Rabona there is a good chance that Miria is awakening (or really close).....or maybe they feel her yoki-release (against the twins Miria uses yoki,even if it didn't seem a lot it was still the release of an incredible powerful warrior......) and than it suddenly disappears........

The curious part is that the spoiler says that Gala and Tab feel Miria's yoki,but it says nothing about the twins yoki,so (unless that part was forgotten in the spoiler) it makes sense to think that Miria is releasing a yoki considerably stronger than the twins,and this again leads to an awakening hypothesis.
Old 2010-09-29, 09:11   Link #18
revan5
Dark Lord of Animesuki

Location: The Kingdom of Orange...you can't beat the Cuse, in basketball or snowfall!
You know, if Miria isn't dead, this does bring back some other nightmare scenarios. The worst I can think of is what I call the "Hallucination Fight". Imagine you're the Organization. A very powerful warrior has just fallen under the influence of your No. 10's yoki manipulations. You know there are other rebels out there, so what do you do?

If you're smart you'll put Miria back together (putting her left hand back on for instance) and have her live in a la-la land where Hilda is alive and the Organization doesn't exist. Then when confronted by the Ghosts, you have the hallucinating Miria turned on her old allies and have her attempt to kill them. You could make Raftela portray them as Organization warriors, Ophelia, and so on. This is in a sense could be even more tragic.

Just imagine if Miria winds up killing a comrade while under hallucination. Or imagine trying to fight someone as powerful as Miria while attempting not to kill her. As we've seen, knocking out powerful warriors is really hard. Would Claire, even post-transformation, have the strength to pull it off? If you add in Raki fighting the Ghosts, things get even hairier.

Plus, what if Raftela can produce this yoki manipulation in multiple opponents? The unaffected ghosts would wind up fighting each other if it's successful, or at the very least will see comrades cut down superfluously. I hate to guess this, but the end fights in Claymore could be Raki/Miria vs. Claire. I'm not sure either side, once not under hallucination, could live on knowing they'd been "victorious".

How the warriors of Claymore OUGHT to look: http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...ostcount=12541
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...ostcount=12530
"So Shiek, now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb!"
Old 2010-09-29, 09:13   Link #19
Ryuken
Claymore #01

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalakTawus View Post
The curious part is that the spoiler says that Gala and Tab feel Miria's yoki,but it says nothing about the twins yoki,so (unless that part was forgotten in the spoiler) it makes sense to think that Miria is releasing a yoki considerably stronger than the twins,and this again leads to an awakening hypothesis.
That's a good point @Malak, to dwarf the combine yoki of the twins would require something even huge, if that is Miria, then I'm really going to love this upcoming chapter.
Old 2010-09-29, 09:34   Link #20
An4rchy99
♥ Ophy~chan ♥

Looking at the way Raftela uses her ability, it seems she has to use about 30% to achieve her mind trick. I cannot fathom she could do this for so long, so Revan5 I have to disagree with you on that notion.

But keeping her alive for leverage seems vary plausible and the best course of action the org could take for the time being. Maybe cutting off all limbs?

However if there is actual scenes for Miria (instead of Gala and Taby sensing about it), this raises interesting issues. Is she going to awaken? I sure wish that something dramatic happens to conclude the Miria's ending instead of leaving her death implied and unseen.

I still think the Dee and Prissy bit in the spoiler is fake or the writers own speculation, as we wont know these things at this stage. I would stick to the time-line clash speculation. Even if Dee bit is not a fake I think it could be a simple misinformation, Dee getting injured while on that scene and is near death... thats the closest translation I could figure from it so far.