AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-07-19, 11:58   Link #2361
taelrak

Wonder if the final big bad guy of the story will be Priscilla or the Organization...

Quote:
The thruth is more is the only one who is treating her as a human.
Priscilla's just messed up Would you really take comfort in being treated as something if it's quite obvious that the other person is simply ignorant and misled (and deliberately kept so by you)? That's more like lying to yourself and trying to pat yourself on the back isn't it?

Maybe Priscilla doesn't realize it, but it's quite different from how he treats Clare, or how Clare treated Teresa ...i.e. like a human even though he knows what she is.
Old 2007-07-19, 12:07   Link #2362
Sordes Pilosus
Claymore Addict

Raki before timeskip is definatly 1 thing. A smal emo kid with a very smal brain. There is no way he would know before timeskip what they are. Look at how he responds to Isley etc. Knowing Clare is a Claymore. If he would get attached to Pricilla and Isley knowing what they are there is just no way that would happend before timeskip. That he has learned it in the meantime during the timeskip well if not he is clarly stupid but its yet to be revealed. But before timeskip Raki is definatly stupid enough to take her for a normal human and treat her as sutch. Well could say his stupidity keapt him alive and usefull but its stil annoying to read.
Old 2007-07-19, 12:29   Link #2363
Trax
Rock beats scissors

Quote:
Originally Posted by taelrak View Post
Wonder if the final big bad guy of the story will be Priscilla or the Organization...
I have a hunch it will be the Organization. I'm sure there'll be a confrontation with Priscilla but not necessarily a battle to the death. Apart from her initial rampage, Priscilla has been portrayed as less sinister than the Organization.
Old 2007-07-19, 12:31   Link #2364
chibamonster
'S' Class Fairy Tail

After reading that someone wanted a longer post (*wink*) than my silly Raki concepts here is what I've been thinking. I still haven't made up my mind as to whether or not I want Raki to be a Claymore or not. I have been leaning towards Raki getting hybridized recently but by the end of this post I might change my mind again. An important question for me right now is would Raki accept becoming a claymore if he had the chance?

Obviously this is all speculation but I think if the opportunity presented itself for Raki to become a claymore, he would take it. Raki is very protective but weak and that has frustrated him a lot in the past. He has promised himself that he will be strong enough to protect Clare and not make her worry about him. The problem is that he doesn't have the ability fight AB's no matter how hard he tries. He told Isley that he would be willing to give his life to help/protect Clare if he could. He has a lot of spirit and tries to fight even when he is clearly outmatched. If he keeps that up then getting a power boost might be the only option for him to stay alive.

Next major hurdle, does anyone outside of the organization know how to create a claymore? I have no idea. No one else seems to have made a hybrid yet. I think if Riful knew how she would have done it already to build up her social circle. Unless hybridizing humans is more work than just torturing ready made claymores into friendship. She would probably take the easy way out. Or maybe the process requires certain resources that only the organization has. If the author decided to hybridize Raki then would make sense. If he decided not to, it would still make sense. If Isley really wanted to help Raki become a claymore I think he could do it; kidnap a man in black, do tests on other people until he gets it right, or maybe he just knows already. I don't think Isley is personally that interested in Raki except that Priscilla really likes him. If it would make Priscilla happy then he might just do it. I'm not sure if Priscilla wants Raki more powerful or not.

Does Raki deserve to be more powerful? No. I don't think any claymores earned becoming a hybrid. It's almost like they were cursed with it especially when we look at the organizations retirement plan. Clare may be an exception because she asked to become a claymore. I think the Raki that ran away from Ophelia when Clare told him to would have done anything to return and and actually help her. He knew the situation she was in. He saw Ophelia lop off her legs and he probably realized that Clare was no match for Ophelia. If he were someone who had a little less faith in his friends then he might think Clare was dead. But even when he meets Isley he is positive Clare is still alive. Does he still believe that 7 years later? Is he looking for her? I don't know. But I think Raki has had points in his life where he would have knocked on the organizations door if he could have.

Now maybe the most important question; if Raki became a claymore, would it make the story better? Would it raise the stakes or would it add to the world and would it develop his character? I'm still on the fence for this. If he was a claymore then Priscilla and Isley would have no desire to eat him. Minus Raki's extremely dangerous situation. He also could awaken like every other male and become an enemy to Clare. Could be an interesting confrontation when he remembers her. Raki would also be able to do things on his own as opposed to being a tag along character. Like Sarah Conner's change from Terminator 1 to Terminator 2. Opps Terminator spoiler. It might make him a little less annoying (zing!). But once he was able to sense youki he might realize that Priscilla and Isley were chaulked full of deamon powers. So either he accepts them or runs away or tries to fight them. I don't like some of those situations. I guess they could just cloak their youki but that's a little extreme for me. They could do it but I don't see it as a high probability. It could get really complicated if Raki abandoned all his childhood hopes and just took a dive into dark character land leaving Clare all alone. Or he could be the claymore Miata smelled.

If Raki is still human it would add to Priscilla's child like mentality in that she really did just want someone to play with. Raki really was "safe" with her. That would really develop Priscilla's character and make it much more complicated when Clare confronts her. Also if Raki is still human he won't be able to physically stop Clare and Priscilla from fighting. He'd be relegated to observing (and possibly whining). It would also make room for a sweet reunion between Clare and Raki before Clare realizes who his caretakers are. For story intensity I think this is the way to go, but Claymore is put together so well that really I'll take anything the mangaka throws at me. It would be really funny if human Raki protected Priscilla whenever they went out on the town especially if he had no idea what her true form was. I think Priscilla would love that kind of attention. And she could probably awaken an arm when he wasn't looking to help his fight and make sure he wins.

I still can't make up my mind. I do want to see Raki obtain his goals for getting stronger and develop as a character. Clare got power when she wanted it, why not him? If he still acts like the Raki we knew it might get really annoying, especially for an older guy. But I think it would make the story very interesting if he was still a human. Although really I'd take either. Maybe there is another option for him to gain strength that we haven't seen yet but that's hard to guess because we haven't seen it. Even more complicated: Priscilla is carrying Raki's baby.
Old 2007-07-19, 12:41   Link #2365
half_awake
...and faintly smiling!

Here's my two cents regarding Raki's evolution. He was certainly entranced by Isley's skills with a sword and the Isley/Priscilla/Raki group's last appearance suggested that he (Raki) would be with them - in training - for an indefinite period.

It seems to me that the most likely post-timeskip Raki persona would be that of a mature, brawny, accomplished swordsman about the age of 20-23... this type of appearance would allow for any romantic evolution the manga-ka had in mind, such as:

1) Raki still in love with and searching for Clare
2) Raki torn between growing feelings for Priscilla (they would have 'grown up' together over the past 7 years - at least that would be his perspective, as Priscilla's outward appearance was that of a young girl)
3) Raki resigning himself to never finding Clare and giving in to Priscilla's advances.

Given that he's now "grown up", it's more plausible for him to have a romantic relationship with a woman - I always thought the ambiguity of Clare's kiss with Raki (i.e. potentially romantic) was a little odd at the time (I' sure it's been well discussed, but she made out with a dude that was about 13 years old!). In his current form (7 years later) this could work.

As for Priscilla's attachment to Raki (romantic or not), I'm with the camp that believes he's a symbol of her lost humanity. She obviously has some level of inner conflict regarding her awakening (look at her passion for obeying the "murder no humans" rule before killing Teresa... and more recently, the big time tears she shed when watching the Claymore's get killed off in Pieta). He's a young boy who places significant value on human life (he 'saved' her from the falling rubble), and that appeals to her.

Just some thoughts....

BTW, I'm not sure if it's been discussed in the past, but what do you guys think about the most impressive awakened being form? I'm thinking it has to be Isley, but Jean's brief awakened presence was something to behold as well. Regarding Clare's awakening, I'm afraid she'd be distorted because of Ilene's arm - when all of her limbs awakened, the left was different from the right....
Old 2007-07-19, 12:58   Link #2366
Seska

Quote:
Originally Posted by half_awake View Post
BTW, I'm not sure if it's been discussed in the past, but what do you guys think about the most impressive awakened being form?
Rafaella's Sister in AB Form... Hotness Queen
Ishley AB Paladin Hybrid
Pricilla Flying horned beauty
Both makes them the beauty and the Beat (no not Raki...)
The Lion King AB

Last edited by Seska; 2007-07-19 at 13:15.
Old 2007-07-19, 13:39   Link #2367
taelrak

On an unrelated note, I'm not sure I like Eclipse's translation of the Abyssals - not that it's any worse, it's just that "dweller of the depths" is quite a mouthful.
Old 2007-07-19, 13:42   Link #2368
Seska

The Lion King is/was not an Dweller of the Depth, for example. He/She asks only how has the most impressive awakened being form. Thats all...
Old 2007-07-19, 13:46   Link #2369
chucky
Always impatient

Quote:

Priscilla's just messed up Would you really take comfort in being treated as something if it's quite obvious that the other person is simply ignorant and misled (and deliberately kept so by you)? That's more like lying to yourself and trying to pat yourself on the back isn't it?

Maybe Priscilla doesn't realize it, but it's quite different from how he treats Clare, or how Clare treated Teresa ...i.e. like a human even though he knows what she is.
To be fair, we dont really know what happened to Priscilla actually, but it seems she doesnt look as supposedly evil as we are made to believe when she killed Teresa and awakened. Guess there is something happened during the time she fought the Abyssal(I dunno the exact wording for it) and prolly it is what the author intends to reveal later on.
Old 2007-07-19, 15:52   Link #2370
redmeat

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucky View Post
To be fair, we dont really know what happened to Priscilla actually, but it seems she doesnt look as supposedly evil as we are made to believe when she killed Teresa and awakened. Guess there is something happened during the time she fought the Abyssal(I dunno the exact wording for it) and prolly it is what the author intends to reveal later on.
Isley probably stabbed Priscilla in the head with his lance, causing her to loss a few nuts and bolts from her head

Regarding Raki, I think he's gonna get used by Isley in someway. Don't think he's gonna let Raki eat and sleep at his expense for nuttin'. Isley's definitely going to make him useful one way or the other. Maybe let him rule over one of the cities that he conquered, etc.

I believe there's definitely going to be some form of betrayal within the ... umm.. alliance of rogue claymores (assuming that other claymores join the fab 7) since the storyline is pretty dark. Otherwise the story's just too smooth.
Old 2007-07-19, 16:15   Link #2371
taelrak

Quote:
To be fair, we dont really know what happened to Priscilla actually, but it seems she doesnt look as supposedly evil as we are made to believe when she killed Teresa and awakened.
Eh, I wouldn't say any of the Yoma are evil. They're just a bit higher on the food chain - you gotta eat, and nature inherently isn't evil or good. They may delight in killing a bit more than necessary, but you don't call a cat who plays with a mouse before killing it "evil".

Even if the normal yoma won't, the Abyssals like Isley surely understand the necessity of a balance - if you eat all the food, then there's none left for next year. Always should keep a decent harvest of humans just in case - it's common sense. I don't see them going on a huge rampage of extermination. Maybe only a village here or there, but nothing too extreme.

The only "evil" ones I guess would be the Organization - they're the ones conducting the experiments, manipulating the humans, claymores and Awakened Beings alike.

One thing about Clare:
So she's probably on the average stronger after 7 years of grueling training, but compared to say, Miria, she didn't seem to gain as much of a boost. Sure the Windcutter's nice if she wants to keep her Yoki hidden, but as soon as she uses any yoki at all, there'd be no point in keeping herself hidden anymore. Without that advantage, there's no clear advantage of the Windcutter over the Quick Blade...so...eh
Old 2007-07-19, 16:53   Link #2372
Reppa

Send a message via MSN to Reppa
On the whole Raki human or not concepts. Although Raki would obtaine his goal if he dose by some chance become a claymore. It would only change his character for the worst. While it dose present more intersting story possiblities.

When you look at Raki's characte before the seven year leap. Yes, he was week but not in a sense that he had poor chracter or anything relating to his personality. He just kept getting put against things that are a Juggernaut in comparison to him. But even in the worst times he still tries to go down fighting. When his brother turned yoma, he ran head up with no hesitation to try and fight. Even in the case with the case of fighting Ophilia and then getting thrown to the Awakened. He still stepped up to the plate would fight with what he has. (even if it is impending doom)

Becoming a claymore would somewhat kill his character. (the old be carefull what you wish for you might just get it) In a sense that he has too many characteristics that are close to Priscilla pre awakening. He is just too clean and single minged to adjust to to situations. Now your going to give him the power to fight back and possibly come out on top. Add that to his never yealding detemination to get stronger and never say die attitude. It would be a short time before getting he would get to Teresa's level. His falling point would be his own good nature.

However him becoming a claymore could be for the better. And he could go Aniken Skywalker mode and end up taking down Priscilla, Isley and hunting the Organization. If her were to return on his serch for Clare. Then comes the problem if he finds Clare and is no longer human for the sake of protecting her and he would be able to. He would still have to side with Clare or Pricilla. (the old player getting caught in the love triange) Considering Clare is not going back down from Avenging Teresa. Even at the cost of Raki's lfe.

What ever the case may be, Raki getting a power up will make the story more intersting regardless. But thats In my humble little opinon.
Old 2007-07-19, 16:59   Link #2373
Seska

I don't think, that they should change Raki into a male Claymore or AB (i know, i overdo it ). He is a very import person for Clare. he is the Force behind her motivation (She is fighting for the one she loves... Ophelia Fight resolve. Her new Fab 4 Friends. But she is still fighting to survive, to look out for Raki.

He must stay, as he was 7 Years before.... Pricilla now is some kind of Onee-sama, Ishley nii-san. And Clare his will of Living. He will protect Clare or Pricilla in human form, against normal Humans with his new Swordsman skills.. Cause he know the rule, that she cannot Kill Humans... Well, she is outside the Org, but somehow that comes in my mind. If he wanna show some Swordsman skills in the series.
Old 2007-07-19, 17:10   Link #2374
Reppa

Send a message via MSN to Reppa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seska View Post
I don't think, that they should change Raki into a male Claymore or AB (i know, i overdo it ). He is a very import person for Clare. he is the Force behind her motivation (She is fighting for the one she loves... Ophelia Fight resolve. Her new Fab 4 Friends. But she is still fighting to survive, to look out for Raki.

He must stay, as he was 7 Years before.... Pricilla now is some kind of Onee-sama, Ishley nii-san. And Clare his will of Living. He will protect Clare or Pricilla in human form, against normal Humans with his new Swordsman skills.. Cause he know the rule, that she cannot Kill Humans... Well, she is outside the Org, but somehow that comes in my mind. If he wanna show some Swordsman skills in the series.
Over doing it would be speculating something like Raki is by some act of madness is Clarice.
Old 2007-07-19, 17:18   Link #2375
B-day
Yokomo driver

Quote:

One thing about Clare:
So she's probably on the average stronger after 7 years of grueling training, but compared to say, Miria, she didn't seem to gain as much of a boost. Sure the Windcutter's nice if she wants to keep her Yoki hidden, but as soon as she uses any yoki at all, there'd be no point in keeping herself hidden anymore. Without that advantage, there's no clear advantage of the Windcutter over the Quick Blade...so...eh
At the northern campaign, although Clare could wield the flash sword, but her speed and power was nowhere near Irene's level. After seven years, I'm be really surprise if she doesn't both master the windcutter and improve her speed and power. Imagine, now she is as good as Irene(I hope), no matter she uses flash sword or windcutter. After the duel, Flora said the flash sword had faster speed but windcutter had better control and precision, plus a stealth advantage. I think Clare is on par with Miria now.
Old 2007-07-19, 17:35   Link #2376
SinsI

Even if Claymore's obsession did last that long(since they don't age they might change very little over time, and he's the only such thing she has), no normal human's would. Teenagers change very rapidly at that time, so Raki'd have a lot of opportunities to fall in love, marry, have children... No way is he gonna wait for somebody that he's pretty sure is dead(come on, it's been SEVEN YEARS and he left Clare in an extremely dangerous situation at that time).
So it's either he's out of the picture completely or abyssalized, and I really like the idea of him as the Final Boss(if a newby like Priscilla can become the strongest Abyssal One, I see no reason for him not to do the same).
Old 2007-07-19, 17:44   Link #2377
taelrak

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-day View Post
At the northern campaign, although Clare could wield the flash sword, but her speed and power was nowhere near Irene's level. After seven years, I'm be really surprise if she doesn't both master the windcutter and improve her speed and power. Imagine, now she is as good as Irene(I hope), no matter she uses flash sword or windcutter. After the duel, Flora said the flash sword had faster speed but windcutter had better control and precision, plus a stealth advantage. I think Clare is on par with Miria now.
Well, that's just the thing - Clare's flash sword wasn't as good as it was supposed to be (Irene's speed), but she still fought to a near draw with Flora and was actually faster. So now she learned a technique that is actually slower than her flash sword when it wasn't even mastered properly - that's like learning a weaker skill you'd almost never use! Besides, even the flash sword wasn't near enough to take on Priscilla - or even Teresa.
Old 2007-07-19, 18:33   Link #2378
B-day
Yokomo driver

Quote:
Well, that's just the thing - Clare's flash sword wasn't as good as it was supposed to be (Irene's speed), but she still fought to a near draw with Flora and was actually faster. So now she learned a technique that is actually slower than her flash sword when it wasn't even mastered properly - that's like learning a weaker skill you'd almost never use! Besides, even the flash sword wasn't near enough to take on Priscilla - or even Teresa.
It could be Irene was simply a better fighter than Flora, not necessary the flash sword is a better technique than windcutter. Irene had wielded flash sword many years, while Clare was new to the technique(before Pietra). We can assume if Clare keep the flash sword, her speed and power will be greatly improve compares to seven years ago. The same can apply to windcutter,

Teresa was on a completely different level, she beat #2-#5 without even releasing her yoki. Teresa was a Goddess

In the case of Pricilla, unless Clare can fully awaken in some way, like when she chopped Ligardes into pieces. I can't see how she can play with Pricilla(indeed no one can).

Last edited by B-day; 2007-07-19 at 19:09.
Old 2007-07-19, 18:45   Link #2379
taelrak

Quote:
We can assume if Clare keep the flash sword, her speed and power will be greatly improve compares to seven years ago. The same can apply to windcutter,
Hopefully, it's not simply a matter of her learning a new technique, but that the combination of the two will be able to overcome each's weaknesses into something better. Otherwise, it sounds suspiciously like recreating the wheel.
Old 2007-07-19, 18:50   Link #2380
B-day
Yokomo driver

Quote:
Hopefully, it's not simply a matter of her learning a new technique, but that the combination of the two will be able to overcome each's weaknesses into something better. Otherwise, it sounds suspiciously like recreating the wheel.
I hope Clare won't spend seven year to make herself weaker

Last edited by B-day; 2007-07-19 at 19:18.
Closed Thread