AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-07-03, 19:09   Link #181
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

This may turn out to be a rather expensive year in terms of DVD sets.... yowchers.
Old 2007-07-04, 00:07   Link #182
Alexandrite
Bloody Hell...

Send a message via MSN to Alexandrite Send a message via Yahoo to Alexandrite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
This may turn out to be a rather expensive year in terms of DVD sets.... yowchers.
Agreed. For once in a long time, there are series being released here that I actually would care to spend quite a bit of money on.
Old 2007-07-04, 06:50   Link #183
Cynor
SS Bombardment Mage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Isn't that true. I've lost count of how many series I like have been licensed lately or are still coming out from licenses last year. Whether I buy em all or not I haven't decided, but still with Nanoha and even one or two other series that is expensive!

Edit: Not as expensive as importing the R2s (if I could even play them or understand them) but still expensive none the less!
Old 2007-07-04, 18:28   Link #184
Shadow Angel
Hellraiser

I wonder when the first dvd will be released most likely around the end of the year I bet.
Old 2007-07-04, 21:00   Link #185
narmi
The Asian who's Malaysian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynor View Post
Isn't that true. I've lost count of how many series I like have been licensed lately or are still coming out from licenses last year. Whether I buy em all or not I haven't decided, but still with Nanoha and even one or two other series that is expensive!

Edit: Not as expensive as importing the R2s (if I could even play them or understand them) but still expensive none the less!
Yah most of the time I don't buy the dvd's because they're to darn expensive. I don't have the money to pay for it but I think I might actually try and get the dvds of Nanoha and Nanoha A's. Anyway from where I currently live anime dvds cost about 30 to 45 dollars EACH! Talk about your bloody budget breaker no?

Spoiler for possibly unrelated:
Old 2007-07-05, 02:19   Link #186
Cynor
SS Bombardment Mage

Quote:
Originally Posted by narmi View Post
Yah most of the time I don't buy the dvd's because they're to darn expensive. I don't have the money to pay for it but I think I might actually try and get the dvds of Nanoha and Nanoha A's. Anyway from where I currently live anime dvds cost about 30 to 45 dollars EACH! Talk about your bloody budget breaker no?
Yea, that sucks for sure. Not that much worse (at the lower end) then what I pay though, I end up paying about 25 on average, with the starter box thingies (which I like because I like having good organization for my collection) running 30-35.
Old 2007-07-05, 13:45   Link #187
grgspunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynor View Post
Yea, that sucks for sure. Not that much worse (at the lower end) then what I pay though, I end up paying about 25 on average, with the starter box thingies (which I like because I like having good organization for my collection) running 30-35.
Just be glad you're not buying dvds in Japan. 2-3 ep dvds (with little or no extras) cost 40 to 50 dollars. If they offer 4 or more eps per dvd, prices may range from 50 to 60 dollars (assuming 1000 yen is a rough equivalent of 10 dollars).
Old 2007-07-07, 06:38   Link #188
Cynor
SS Bombardment Mage

Quote:
Originally Posted by grgspunk View Post
Just be glad you're not buying dvds in Japan. 2-3 ep dvds (with little or no extras) cost 40 to 50 dollars. If they offer 4 or more eps per dvd, prices may range from 50 to 60 dollars (assuming 1000 yen is a rough equivalent of 10 dollars).

Yea, I did say that somewhere... not the exact prices, but I did say it was better then importing the R2s (aka Japan DvDs)

Oh, and the current exchange rate is roughly 120 yen to 1 USD. It's actually closer to 130 then 120 last I looked, but it fluctuates a lot. In general I just say 100 yen = 1 USD when buying things. That allows for a lot of overhead to make sure I can afford things.
Old 2007-07-21, 01:39   Link #189
Petco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adr 00 View Post
marketing nanoha to kiddies is a bad idea.
Yeah, in fact, I want Nanoha to be showed on something like "Adult Swim". Though it's not like there is much that can't be viewable by all ages except the Fate torture scenes.

And yes, the first few episodes of Nanoha S1 is pretty dull or 'typical' Monster of the Day stuff that a lot of series have.

I've seen a fandub of Nanoha which is pretty good(except for some of the knights) and can get me to imagine English versions without "bad dubbing" thought.

Though Nanoha isn't Nanoha without the Engrish.

Last edited by Petco; 2007-07-21 at 02:07.
Old 2007-07-25, 19:51   Link #190
grgspunk

Just a quick question. How long does it usually take for Geneon to announce a release date for the first volume of a series after they license it?

Also, has Geneon ever licensed a series, but never released it?
Old 2007-07-26, 00:12   Link #191
Cynor
SS Bombardment Mage

Quote:
Just a quick question. How long does it usually take for Geneon to announce a release date for the first volume of a series after they license it?

Also, has Geneon ever licensed a series, but never released it?
Not sure about either, although normally once something has been officially announced you'll hear a rough time for the first volume, like say summer 07. That is probably a bit too soon for Nanoha, but it gives you the idea. They first got the domain in Jan of this year, so we may be seeing a release soon... but if they've had it for so long why take so long to announce it? Makes me think they were just more in talks so they probably just recently started the actual work on it, which means I wouldn't expect one personally until probably Nov at the earliest.
Old 2007-08-19, 09:03   Link #192
hendo001
Nanoha Fan :)

Send a message via MSN to hendo001
so still nothing going on atm with regards to the dvds coming out?
I've not seen anything on their website but I'm gonna check again
Old 2007-08-20, 12:15   Link #193
grgspunk

Has anyone emailed Geneon to find out any info in regards to the Nanoha license?
Old 2007-08-23, 16:27   Link #194
hendo001

Quote:
Has anyone emailed Geneon to find out any info in regards to the Nanoha license?
yes still not heard anything from them though

to be honest either they are taking their time releasing this or they have dropped it.

the domain NANOHADVD.COM is owned by a web hosting company atm.

So dunno whats gonna happen now.

Last edited by hendo001; 2007-08-23 at 16:31. Reason: added more info
Old 2007-08-23, 16:54   Link #195
Cynor
SS Bombardment Mage

Quote:
Originally Posted by hendo001 View Post
yes still not heard anything from them though

to be honest either they are taking their time releasing this or they have dropped it.

the domain NANOHADVD.COM is owned by a web hosting company atm.

So dunno whats gonna happen now.
Well, they only recently announced the series. They have had the domain for awhile, but they could have registered that when they started talks for it. I'd say give it another couple months and if there still isn't some kind of official site then start worrying I'd say.

We will always exist before our Mistress of the Night Sky, Hayate
Old 2007-08-23, 23:18   Link #196
grgspunk

I don't get it though... When exactly did they acquire Nanoha before they announced it? And were there any other anime titles that Geneon took a long time to announce an ETA after announcing that they licensed it?

They usually don't take long to declare a release date after declaring a license for other titles... What makes Nanoha so different..?

I'll probably give them around November or December to get some sort of information...
Old 2007-08-24, 06:42   Link #197
cyanne

Geneon's generally been pretty good about releasing shows that they have announced. Remember, we're also talking two different seasons and the biggest hang up with shows is usually not the show itself but licensing the music.

From what I understand, music licenses are sometimes negotiated separately from the show itself because the company has to not only go through the animation studio but also the music studio that released the song and the song's artist. Nana Mizuki is a very big deal in Japan right now. Most idol stars don't tend to hang around for seven years and well... she's in her seventh year (Hahaha... Seven years for Nana... This is a play on words joke. Personally, I love her voice).

That said. I'm sure Geneon was able to work out all of those details before announcing those licenses but there could have been a last minute change of plans. So be patient guys. It'll come when it comes.
Old 2007-08-25, 06:43   Link #198
hendo001

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyanne View Post
Geneon's generally been pretty good about releasing shows that they have announced. Remember, we're also talking two different seasons and the biggest hang up with shows is usually not the show itself but licensing the music.

From what I understand, music licenses are sometimes negotiated separately from the show itself because the company has to not only go through the animation studio but also the music studio that released the song and the song's artist. Nana Mizuki is a very big deal in Japan right now. Most idol stars don't tend to hang around for seven years and well... she's in her seventh year (Hahaha... Seven years for Nana... This is a play on words joke. Personally, I love her voice).

That said. I'm sure Geneon was able to work out all of those details before announcing those licenses but there could have been a last minute change of plans. So be patient guys. It'll come when it comes.

I just hope that it does come and not get dumped :S

Lots of good shows have been dumped before by their makers and/or studios etc.
We all know it happens (look at sg-1), so lets hope its not gonna get dumped.....
Old 2007-08-25, 09:22   Link #199
cyanne

Of course... the other reason might have something to do with this mysterious ADV and Geneon deal that Anime On DVD is reporting...
Old 2007-08-25, 14:16   Link #200
hendo001

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyanne View Post
Of course... the other reason might have something to do with this mysterious ADV and Geneon deal that Anime On DVD is reporting...
got a link and some more info on this?

as i have no clue what ur on about
Closed Thread