3 out of 10 : Bad 4 4.44%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 3 3.33%
1 out of 10 : Painful 6 6.67%
Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2007-07-20, 12:34   Link #41
Nintendo
start thinkin bout clones

Send a message via AIM to Nintendo
yeah. i think this ep could have been the worst one so far of the new ones.

it was dragged out so long for no reason other then to do it.
Old 2007-07-20, 12:49   Link #42
Hydex

lol...nice animation
Hydex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-20, 13:36   Link #43
Cheezy
brrr

Send a message via MSN to Cheezy
Ugh, this episode was just like the previous ones.

The animation was good though.
Cheezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-20, 13:37   Link #44
Hydex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheezy View Post
The animation was good though.
I mus have seen a different ep 20 then
Hydex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-20, 13:41   Link #45
tramadrama
Jaice Novak's Disciple

This episode turned painful when we saw filler flashbacks from previous episodes.
tramadrama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-20, 14:54   Link #46
Yukmouth

not bad , i cant say anymore.....
Yukmouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-20, 15:28   Link #47
0TaKu0
Tesseract Enigma
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to 0TaKu0 Send a message via MSN to 0TaKu0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Subaru-san View Post
Naruto himself really gets on my nerves these days though, the constant "I'm taking Gaara back!" "I'm going to save Gaara!" every episode, we get the idea already, geez. Though, thats just my personal quibble.
I'll have to agree with this part, honestly I don’t know why the anime is doing this, they really are degrading the level of maturity that Naruto has actually achieved over the time skip, its almost like they forced him to go back to his old ways, but I will say this, its not like this in the actual manga chapter during Sassori.
Old 2007-07-20, 15:58   Link #48
captzork

I was trying to figure out where the flashbacks came from until i started watching the episode again. i only found that is did that during the first 5 mins of the show just to get ppl back on track with whats going on( 2 weeks is a while between episodes).

The fight between Granny and Akatsuki will probably end up being a puppet vs puppet fight. It is clear as day that she knows how to use puppets then she attacked Akatsuki with the Sou Shuu Jin attack. So we know that she must be one of the founding member of that style of attack, or it be a clan only discipline. She also knows that what pisses Akatsuki off cause they are blood relatives and she must have a hand in bringing him up.

Thats how i see what is going to happen during the fight.

As of the Naruto fight i'm starting to see that it didn't need to be in the episode, cause it was mostly between Granny and Sakura vs Akatsuki.
captzork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-20, 18:01   Link #49
Petbe
Wingless Angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dantat View Post

why do they have to stare at each other so much??

and what kind of opponent stands there for like..., 15 minutes, while his enemies are talking to each other..
Well yes, I did not like how how it was prolonged. But you need to remember, even Granny explained it to. He is to smart to rush into battle. Hence the reason why he was just standing there.
Old 2007-07-20, 18:59   Link #50
cdkobasiuk
Mommy on a Bender

The best yet

This has been the best episode since Shippuden started. I had goose bumps during Sakura and the old lady's fight. The music was great too. I can't wait until the release all the new bgm.

cdk
cdkobasiuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-20, 19:13   Link #51
Ibuki

Hmm, i was at least able to stay awake this one.
Chiyo, Sakura and Sasori was ok.
The pace is still way too slow, needs to speed up some.
Naruto, Kakashi and Deidara = ZZzzzZZzzzz....

5/10
Ibuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-20, 20:13   Link #52
gibits
Endless

Anyone feel like they were watching Sailor Moon when Sakura and that old lady were dodging the needles? man that was a corny moment.

Naruto was very gay over Gaara, DD was great at taunting Naruto tho.

But this episode could've saved itself, it could've made me give it a 8. But then they screwed it all up by not showing us Sasori in all his glory.

They will fuck up the Sasori............ my favorite fight in the series so far.
gibits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-20, 23:37   Link #53
RuNE
bomberman

Send a message via AIM to RuNE
Quote:
Anyway, there were a few really well-animated moments (like Sakura smashing the puppet).
Wait........what?

That style right there? When she smashed Sasori? That's what we like to call 'cheap shit'. Infact, whenever I see it in passing, it's anime geared torwards even younger kids that has that type of animation.

Good animation was what they hooked us with at the begining of Shippuden. Good animation is what you see during the OP song.

Btw, people don't dodge 400 flying needles by doing club dancing. I'm surprised noone has made a joke animation with that one yet. Just needs an 'untz untz untz' subtitle flashing somewhere on it.

The music was ok, the pacing was ok, and even the acting was ok (even with our obsessive, passionate friend, naruto.) But make no mistake. The animation was crap. Eps 18-20 are complete junk in terms of quality animation. Completely below par. Just look at the image posted by Hydex.
edit: Ok I looked closer, and noticed they cleaned up the inks a bit, and added a touch of higher quality shading in some scenes. I guess it's one up from ep 18/19.

Last edited by RuNE; 2007-07-20 at 23:48.
RuNE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-21, 13:28   Link #54
neoeagle

JUST STFU and fight.You are freaking ninjas not politicians.
Shippuden sucks.I will just read manga.
neoeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-21, 14:19   Link #55
DJ*

Very slow series of episodes we have here. You can tell they are trying to waste time when they show flashbacks of recent episodes during the show.

These 'funny' moments after the credits are clearly a way for them to use up more time without putting more content into the episode.
Old 2007-07-21, 19:09   Link #56
Subaru-san

Yeah Naruto has always had a lot of talk before the fights, though with the pauses in the middle, flash backs, repeated dialogue from Naruto.

These factors add to the irony, since Sasori is supposed to be this guy who HATES to wait, is impatient and extremely deadly. I find it ironic he sits there and lets his grandmother inform Sakura on how to defeat him. In reality as soon as there was an opening (based on his supposed character) he would wipe the floor with them.
Subaru-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-21, 20:22   Link #57
Covenant

Pacing seems okay imo. I remember reading the manga and thinking, "god damn how many chapters is this sasori fight going to last?" seems like it will be over within 2 episodes.
Covenant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-21, 23:01   Link #58
indicatoto101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subaru-san View Post
Yeah Naruto has always had a lot of talk before the fights, though with the pauses in the middle, flash backs, repeated dialogue from Naruto.

These factors add to the irony, since Sasori is supposed to be this guy who HATES to wait, is impatient and extremely deadly. I find it ironic he sits there and lets his grandmother inform Sakura on how to defeat him. In reality as soon as there was an opening (based on his supposed character) he would wipe the floor with them.
I remember Chiyo saying that the reason he didn't attack first was because he had less experience than she did. I doesn't really make any sense but at least they tried to explain it.
indicatoto101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-21, 23:30   Link #59
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
I rated this episode an 8.

Naruto is again annoying. However, that's probably the only part of this episode I didn't like.

Of course the other fight has too much needle spitting; however, it gave me that satisfying feeling of triumpth that I haven't really felt since the Chuunin exam. Bringing back old memories of Naruto for me was respected, so that alone contributed to the high score.
KholdStare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-21, 23:34   Link #60
boneyjellyfish
Evangelist of the Kazoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by gibits View Post
Naruto was very gay over Gaara
This is perhaps the most apt description of the new series that I have ever seen.
boneyjellyfish is offline   Reply With Quote