Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-08-01, 02:45   Link #141
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

You have to use the codes.
Without the curly brackets they don't count as votes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayos View Post
Hmm... I alway thought the banner contest was suppose to be a fun event for the AS community to show off their individual talents, I didn't think it was going to turn out to be such a depressing event for some people.

True there can only be one winner but still there's really no need to feel depress about it.
LoL
I hope that's not directed at me. ~
I personally joined just to make Sky Girls banners. xP
Could care less about wining.
Old 2007-08-01, 02:48   Link #142
Garlic
Newbie to Anime -_-;;

Send a message via MSN to Garlic
Too many good ones. >_<

{Banner 009}

{Banner 045}

{Banner 062}

Whoops! Edited so my vote counts...because it counts now, right? Sorry, I'm a moron. >_>;;

Last edited by Garlic; 2007-08-02 at 23:21.
Old 2007-08-01, 04:05   Link #143
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Garlic ~ you have to paste the codes, curly brackets and all.
Otherwise your vote doesn't count.
Old 2007-08-01, 11:32   Link #144
kira_lacusXX
LOVELY☆COMPLEX

well here are my votes! (I see this thread has been made for awhile already, I have to visit AS more often in the future!)

{banner-020} by DK (:

{banner-045} by Klashikari (:

{banner-099} by yFANTgirl (:

it's probably too late to point this out but mine wasn't in the selection for some reason ): maybe NightWish missed my post? Ah well, I think I'm gonna join the next banner contest for the extensions!

Good luck to the rest of the participants!

Last edited by kira_lacusXX; 2007-08-01 at 11:54. Reason: fixed the wrong number for the banner vote. Thanks Klash for the heads up!
Old 2007-08-01, 11:41   Link #145
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Kira : there is a problem with your vote :
you are voting for 019, but the banner is actually 020. 019 will be considered as your vote, thus, making the wrong effect until you chosed the wrong picture to display. either way, please confirm your choice either editing the pic or code ^^"
Old 2007-08-01, 14:36   Link #146
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kira_lacusXX View Post
it's probably too late to point this out but mine wasn't in the selection for some reason ): maybe NightWish missed my post? Ah well, I think I'm gonna join the next banner contest for the extensions!
Went and checked the old thread, there I saw that your banner was way above the allowed limit.

Still, the banners with issues list was edited in the entry thread and I didn't see your banner in the size and dimension problems one, so it was probably missed at one point or another.

There could have been a problem with the Sky theme issue, but you'll need to consult with NW on that.

Yours was a cute banner, so it's a real shame nobody noticed until now.
Old 2007-08-01, 14:48   Link #147
ChibiDusk
Back From The Dead?

Oooh, this is exciting.

I am pondering over who to vote for - there really are a LOT of great banner submissions. Too many, in fact! Ehhh... only three. This will be difficult...

I'll come back with my vote. My brain is fried.
Old 2007-08-01, 14:51   Link #148
Crystal_Method
I want dreads...
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel E. View Post
Went and checked the old thread, there I saw that your banner was way above the allowed limit.

Still, the banners with issues list was edited in the entry thread and I didn't see your banner in the size and dimension problems one, so it was probably missed at one point or another.

There could have been a problem with the Sky theme issue, but you'll need to consult with NW on that.

I think it's cause the banner is 81.54kb, on the extension just use it again but save it for web next time so it's not as big.
Old 2007-08-01, 15:28   Link #149
NightWish
…Nothing More
*Administrator

Argh! kira_lacusXX, I'm very, very sorry. I'm not sure why I missed your entry. As Daniel E. said it was probably when I sorted them by size. I eventually allowed the other over-sized banners though, so I should have added yours too! I do apologise. I've added it now, even if it is a bit late and of little comfort. Looks like a pure mistake/oversight on my part, not very well right now and I was posting quite late at night, so please forgive my negligence.

On a more positive note regarding the extension: I will open a thread for it soon. Maybe tonight, maybe tomorrow. Meanwhile, to clear up one point: I was going to allow you to create your own backgrounds for all except "daytime". Keep in mind this isn't as easy as you might think. It has to tile properly with itself and when placed either side of the banner it must appear seamless. Gradients are the easiest example of this (which is why we used them!). Well, the extension is supposed to be a lot harder. Out of those wanting to enter, does it sound like I'm asking too much?

The bottom of my first post in the submission thread actually explained what I was planning. Also, regarding the "different styles" problem that Deathkillz mentioned: It won't apply in this case. A consistent background for all entries is only needed when they are switched on every few page refreshes (like it does now). The winners of the extension will be displayed over a whole day. Hence the need for a consistent theme running through the set of banners. Anyone who checks the forum over the whole day will see the banner progression, from morning to night. A skilled creator might even be able to tell a story with the pictures...
Old 2007-08-01, 15:52   Link #150
Crystal_Method
I want dreads...
*Artist

So when we vote in the extension we vote for the best set of banners (from dawn to night) someone makes rather than selecting a single banner from different people?
Old 2007-08-01, 16:02   Link #151
NightWish
…Nothing More
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal_Method View Post
So when we vote in the extension we vote for the best set of banners (from dawn to night)
That's correct.
Old 2007-08-01, 16:18   Link #152
Chami-sensei
Terminally tired

{banner-045}
{banner-076}
{banner-077}
Old 2007-08-01, 20:16   Link #153
kira_lacusXX
LOVELY☆COMPLEX

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightWish View Post
Argh! kira_lacusXX, I'm very, very sorry. I'm not sure why I missed your entry. As Daniel E. said it was probably when I sorted them by size. I eventually allowed the other over-sized banners though, so I should have added yours too! I do apologise. I've added it now, even if it is a bit late and of little comfort. Looks like a pure mistake/oversight on my part, not very well right now and I was posting quite late at night, so please forgive my negligence.
ohh that's alright! I didn't think mine was going to win anyways

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel E.

ohhhh it was over sized? Knew I should have checked that Thanks Daniel E. for checking back for me!

and regarding the extension contest, I didn't know it was going to go like that! I thought it was just random banners individually and not a set! Meh, I'm still planning to join, but I might not if I have no ideas
Old 2007-08-02, 06:32   Link #154
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

No no it doesn't have to be a set random banners will do just fine.
The only set thing about it will be that you have to have 1 for each time of day.
Old 2007-08-02, 07:07   Link #155
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
the set just means using all 4 gradients (one of which you already have made ~ day ~ for which you can choose to resubmit it into the set as part of your final set) ~ and you still have to use a sky theme (other than that free to go wild ^.^)

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-08-02, 10:36   Link #156
kira_lacusXX
LOVELY☆COMPLEX

ohhhhh okay thanks for the clear up Cats and DK (btw I like your new sig) (:
Old 2007-08-02, 13:41   Link #157
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Aoie_Emesai
I found the perfect image for the extension ^_^. I can't wait now. Majokko A la Mode, go go win ^_^/

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.
Old 2007-08-02, 15:08   Link #158
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aoie_Emesai View Post
I found the perfect image for the extension ^_^. I can't wait now. Majokko A la Mode, go go win ^_^/
I think some of the images I used way back in the Halloween contest were from that series as well. It's gonna be nice to see them again.

Anyway, I suddenly feel that a lot of folks are holding off their opinions simply because they think this banner contest is some sort of exclusive or private event.

This contest is open to all that apply people; Even if you didn't make a banner and even if you dont hang around in the fan creations section, you can still nominate your favorite banners.

So, come on and nominate some banners, I am still hoping/waiting for quite a few members to show up.
Old 2007-08-02, 15:19   Link #159
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
i agree...its not like the karaoke contest ~ come guys vote! ^.^ (so what happens if we have too many banners stuck on the same number of votes? )

thanks kiLa :3

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-08-02, 15:46   Link #160
steelbound
Yuki-ism

It's alittle late now but I was surprised nothing was mentioned on the frontpage of animesuki.com about this contest. I seem to remember that in contest past there has been a mention of nominating or voting.

And yes if people are not voting for some reason, please vote.

Tags
banner contest, contest