AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > School Days

Notices

View Poll Results: School Days - Episode 6 Rating
Perfect 10 26 33.33%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 28 35.90%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 9 11.54%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 6.41%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 5.13%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.28%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.28%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 1.28%
1 out of 10 : Painful 3 3.85%
Voters: 78. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-08-09, 19:44   Link #161
adamatari

I think Makoto's ignoring Kotonoha is much worse than when he was groping her. Really, think about what a boyfriend/girlfriend relationship is ABOUT. Ignoring your significant other is much worse than annoying them by being to horny. A relationship with one partner with a higher sex drive is normal, but one with one partner more or less ignoring the other is disintegrating.

Ignoring your significant other while groping someone else,of course, is even worse.
Old 2007-08-09, 20:09   Link #162
Joka

What we need are characters which do not act like they are mentally challenged.
Old 2007-08-09, 20:38   Link #163
Never Knows Best
Monochrome Like A Panda.

Send a message via AIM to Never Knows Best Send a message via MSN to Never Knows Best Send a message via Yahoo to Never Knows Best
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joka View Post
What we need are characters which do not act like they are mentally challenged.
We do. Kotonoha <----my angel. =3

Old 2007-08-09, 21:55   Link #164
Darklightz
Wagering his life...

Wow,Makoto isa raging sex fiend! When I saw him litterally dragging Sekai to the rooftoop for sex I realized he doesn't love her one bit.He hasn't said anything nice to her or done anything for her,it's all "Let's go have sex" with the same emotionless face. That's not the face of a lover,it's the face of a predator. At this point I hope he doesn't get any of the girls in the end.

But I believe it is also Sekai's fault. When she first gave him her special training session that was a loud and clear message to Makoto "Come get some!". I'm guessing Sekai is just as horny as Makoto.

But man I feel bad for Kotonoha. Especially after her proud speech to that mean girl in her class,she will feel so humiliated
Old 2007-08-09, 23:44   Link #165
MetaSigma
Lunarian Knight

Send a message via AIM to MetaSigma
Quote:
Originally Posted by HIT or MISS View Post
We do. Kotonoha <----my angel. =3
Your angel might become a demon very...VERY quickly XD...so hopefully you're ready to see your angel fall from grace XD
Old 2007-08-10, 02:09   Link #166
Silent Xenocide

How come those girls in the class are so mean to kotonoha? It really irks me.
Old 2007-08-10, 04:01   Link #167
Brazken

I have to agree with all the negative comments about Makoto which is somewhat surprising to me as up until episode 5 I could somewhat justify some of his actions. But in this episode I saw how truly evil he is especially when he was walking home with Kotonoha and I saw his heartless expressionless face and also when he forwards the text to Sekai and you see his face just before he starts groping her.

However, if he wasn't so easily hated would this episode (and the series for that matter) be under such heated discussion?

-Personally I loved the song near the end and the feelings I got while listening to it and seeing the events unfold made me thank God that I discovered anime.

Last edited by Brazken; 2007-08-10 at 04:06. Reason: forgetfulness
Old 2007-08-10, 05:02   Link #168
Aceywacey
Shadow Priest

Send a message via ICQ to Aceywacey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
You have struck a good point there and im not surprised. You and I tend to see things the same way since you and I have posted quite a bit.
Yeah was stuck in Melbourne for work and didn't have much else to do

Glad at least 1 person thinks the same way!

Quote:
Lets assume that the special training never happen and Sekai never voiced her feelings to Itou. His and Kotos relationship would have continued to go down hill.
Exactly. Makoto even said to Sekai that Koto was getting tiring. And Koto IS high maintenance. Eventually they would break up - unless Sekai stops it again

Quote:
The reason why I think Otome will play a larger roll in the future is because of hers and Itou past friendship they have been friends since middle school and she has liked him the whole time. Given her personality and the length of time she has spent liking him there is no way she is giving up without at least taking a shot. The look she gave in episode 6 was one of anger but im reading between the lines the look made me feel like it was a direct challenge to Koto. Like lets see how long you can hold on to him for.
I believe Otome will be used as a plot device that makes Koto's life a living hell. I don't think Otome will be a serious fourth player in the main love triangle - she may take a shot at it I guess, but I don't think Makoto will take it seriously. Then Otome will take it out on Koto
Old 2007-08-10, 06:17   Link #169
nikorai

Send a message via ICQ to nikorai
Hello. To save some time I've skipped reading most of the messages above. Sorry for that.
On the whole I'd like to say, there's so much against common sense in this anime. On the other hand I presume this was exactly what the authors were pursuing.
Other than that Makoto is still a very troublesome guy.
Basically Makoto is sitting on the fence. If he likes to much to $@%# Sekai he should of broke up with Koto. One thing is when you try to be on good terms with people, then it's only natural to communicate with you classmates. But no, Makoto doesnt need friends. If it goes like this and Makoto doesnt handle the situation I have a feeling Kotonoha's gonna get the saw and go after Sekai. By the way I didn't play the game but there were some messages here that in the game people occasionally go berserk.

personal page at nikorai1.narod.ru
Old 2007-08-10, 06:21   Link #170
Darklightz
Wagering his life...

nikorai, I think that point of this serie is that it isn't idealistic, it's realistic. By their character flaws and reactions the drama gets all the better.
Old 2007-08-10, 06:32   Link #171
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Xenocide View Post
How come those girls in the class are so mean to kotonoha? It really irks me.
because:

1) kotonoha is the perfect girl idol

2) but unfortunatly she is also a pushover

hence jealous girls like to bitch on perfection...*sigh*

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-08-10, 07:11   Link #172
nikorai

Send a message via ICQ to nikorai
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darklightz View Post
nikorai, I think that point of this serie is that it isn't idealistic, it's realistic. By their character flaws and reactions the drama gets all the better.
perhaps so but the authors are surely overdoing things, hyperbolizing if you like. i think that i'd like it more if the characters werent so dumb.

personal page at nikorai1.narod.ru
Old 2007-08-10, 09:17   Link #173
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Am I the only one that was expecting Kotonaha to pick up a knitting needle and have some bakas on a skewer
ah that would have been a fiitting ending to what would have been a short series
Old 2007-08-10, 09:59   Link #174
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
because:

1) kotonoha is the perfect girl idol

2) but unfortunatly she is also a pushover

hence jealous girls like to bitch on perfection...*sigh*
Hmm I haven't played the game but I don't agree, it appears that there is something about Makoto we haven't found out with those girls.

1) By and Large...they are ** and *****.
2) What kind of girls do Anime Otaku males want? ..................... Female.
3) The odds are good, that the goods are odd.
Old 2007-08-10, 10:50   Link #175
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

^ i dont follow...those bullies have nothing to do with makoto...and im just stating the reason as to why kotonoha is being picked on...

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Old 2007-08-10, 10:56   Link #176
DonSuke

Quote:
^ i dont follow...those bullies have nothing to do with makoto...and im just stating the reason as to why kotonoha is being picked on...
Don't say that, Otome clearly has a crush on Makoto. More reason for Otome to hate Kotonoha.
Old 2007-08-10, 10:58   Link #177
Razz

Hmm. I just watched all 6 episodes today, and at first, I thought this'd be another Harem-fest boy likes girl, girl likes boy and so do other girls, but it turns out there is some meat in this one. I thought it'd be pretty light-hearted. Whats up with the sex at 15? Very shocking, but I do like! The show is really interesting, and makes it stand out IMO.

I really really like Sekai's character. Shes great. I HATE Kotonoha, shes so boring, but the real evil here is Makoto. He should've had second thoughts about Kotonoha ever since Sekai kissed him at the station, but it was only after Kotonoha started making an effort that he started cheating on her with Sekai.

Saying that, Sekai is at fault here too. WTF is up with her "practice" sessions? Thats....unrealistic to say the least :P I guess she was so infatuated with him that she wanted to be close to him no matter what. Even if it was just pretending.

But yeah, Sekai ftw! I'm watching the show for her mainly. Otome is a real bitch btw, why does she talk down to Kotonoha so much? She reminds me of the bitches that I went to school with. DO NOT WANT!
Old 2007-08-10, 11:58   Link #178
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonSuke View Post
Don't say that, Otome clearly has a crush on Makoto. More reason for Otome to hate Kotonoha.
the bullying started way before kotonoha told otome about her relationship with makoto though...

Old 2007-08-10, 12:31   Link #179
MetaSigma
Lunarian Knight

Send a message via AIM to MetaSigma
Quote:
the bullying started way before kotonoha told otome about her relationship with makoto though...
Otome is just a jealous and even more insecure girl than Koto XD. The only way for her to feel good is to put down Koto, and getting pwned by Koto just confirmed that jealousy
Old 2007-08-10, 12:38   Link #180
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

Don't forget the Otome saw Makoto and Katsura together earlier. I will suspect that Otome wants Makoto and will kill Katsura.

Also why is everyone calling her Koto? You are aware that the boy is also a Koto?

1) By and Large...they are ** and *****.
2) What kind of girls do Anime Otaku males want? ..................... Female.
3) The odds are good, that the goods are odd.
Closed Thread