AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-02-25, 21:11   Link #1
SnowBoarder

really odd

Do my eyes decieve me or is one person uploading to over 8000 peopl? Please someone tell me if my comp is just messed up cause thats just crazy!
Old 2004-02-25, 21:17   Link #2
Lst2touchdasky

Send a message via AIM to Lst2touchdasky
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowBoarder
Do my eyes decieve me or is one person uploading to over 8000 peopl? Please someone tell me if my comp is just messed up cause thats just crazy!
wow there really are! and thank you for telling me that its out
Old 2004-02-25, 21:20   Link #3
ZeroKun

most of the time that person isnt connected to all the people out. The highest number of people ive been connected to was around 200.
Old 2004-02-25, 21:20   Link #4
Kiva128
Kairin-chan's #1 Fan
*Artist

That guy's connection must be like be getting hammered. His ISP is gonna have an heart attack when they see his upload total.
Old 2004-02-25, 21:22   Link #5
SnowBoarder

Its probobly just a malfunction with saying the numbers but if its not than i feel really sorry for that one guy who is uploading to 8512 people
Old 2004-02-25, 21:22   Link #6
dot|hack
Flash Tech

Quote:
Originally Posted by [A-Flux]Kiva128
That guy's connection must be like be getting hammered. His ISP is gonna have an heart attack when they see his upload total.
I guess not too many of you are familiar with bitornet... This person is uploading to whatever he set his limit to (say 100 people). These 100 people upload to another 100 people and so on. Infact this is why bt is good, it doesnt totaly kill the connection
Old 2004-02-25, 21:23   Link #7
SnowBoarder

Quote:
Originally Posted by dot|hack
I guess not too many of you are familiar with bitornet... This person is uploading to whatever he set his limit to (say 100 people). These 100 people upload to another 100 people and so on. Infact this is why bt is good, it doesnt totaly kill the connection
OK that makes absolutly no sense in my mind how that is possible, but then again i no absolutly nothing bout comps
Old 2004-02-25, 21:24   Link #8
Alfzilla
Was Here

Send a message via AIM to Alfzilla
Quote:
Yup and this one person must be BakaSan himself since the file has got to start somwhere before it makes it way around.
Old 2004-02-25, 21:25   Link #9
SnowBoarder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfzilla
Yup and this one person must be BakaSan himself since the file has got to start somwhere before it makes it way around.
It might not be him cause the file has been out for almost 2 hrs
Old 2004-02-25, 21:28   Link #10
Kiva128
Kairin-chan's #1 Fan
*Artist

Quote:
Yeah but having 100 simultaneous uploads is still rather bad for the connection. O_O!
Old 2004-02-25, 21:30   Link #11
dot|hack
Flash Tech

Well maybe not 100 people, say 20. Here i made a small chart so you can understad it better, but it doesnt reprosent all the people, just the first few.
Old 2004-02-25, 21:33   Link #12
Dragon Flame
Wet Kimimaro Love

Send a message via ICQ to Dragon Flame
stunning visual representation of how bittorrent works dot|hack LMFAO!
Old 2004-02-25, 21:37   Link #13
dot|hack
Flash Tech

lol thanks
Old 2004-02-25, 21:38   Link #14
SnowBoarder

I think this is the longest one of my threads has been going on without dranz closing it.
Old 2004-02-25, 21:41   Link #15
BakaSan
Totemo Baka

Send a message via AIM to BakaSan
[QUOTE=dot|hack]Well maybe not 100 people, say 20. Here i made a small chart so you can understad it better, but it doesnt reprosent all the people, just the first few.
[QUOTE]

LOL... pretty accurate. I'm doing what's called super-seeding. But, with my own special tweeks. In a way I'm forcing everyone to get it at the same time to combat those who normally download fast and disconnect and not support the torrent. Anyways, around the same time around 5000-6000 people will get the file & most of them will leave right away but hopefully this "delayed" release got them to spread the wealth so to speak.
Old 2004-02-25, 21:42   Link #16
SnowBoarder

[QUOTE=BakaSan][QUOTE=dot|hack]Well maybe not 100 people, say 20. Here i made a small chart so you can understad it better, but it doesnt reprosent all the people, just the first few.
Quote:

LOL... pretty accurate. I'm doing what's called super-seeding. But, with my own special tweeks. In a way I'm forcing everyone to get it at the same time to combat those who normally download fast and disconnect and not support the torrent. Anyways, around the same time around 5000-6000 people will get the file & most of them will leave right away but hopefully this "delayed" release got them to spread the wealth so to speak.
smart idea
Old 2004-02-25, 21:51   Link #17
JOJOS'STAR
*Artist

okay now I get it.

So thats what the little SUPER-SEED option is for.. What about the little special tweeks?
Old 2004-02-25, 21:56   Link #18
SnowBoarder

never mind, not smart idea. I just looked at my speed and it looks like im not gonna watch this episode till after school tomorow. This delayed speed isnt really fair to thoes(me) who normally get fast speeds of about 25 kb/s and upload to other people for normally bout a day or two. Plus the reason why people have really fast connection speeds is because they paid extra for cable, and its not fair for them to pay extra on the internet to get the same speeds as others who don't(what i just said might have made no sense but im not really clear on what baka san is doing but i think hes making is so everyone downloads at the same speed)
Old 2004-02-25, 21:59   Link #19
dot|hack
Flash Tech

Quote:
never mind, not smart idea. I just looked at my speed and it looks like im not gonna watch this episode till after school tomorow. This delayed speed isnt really fair to thoes(me) who normally get fast speeds of about 25 kb/s and upload to other people for normally bout a day or two. Plus the reason why people have really fast connection speeds is because they paid extra for cable, and its not fair for them to pay extra on the internet to get the same speeds as others who don't(what i just said might have made no sense but im not really clear on what baka san is doing but i think hes making is so everyone downloads at the same speed)
Well let met put it this way. The time Baka-San takes to subtitle and host the anime is his own. All we do is download, we should not be the ones complaning about slow speeds. Also what he does is right, since a lot of people download and then POOF, they are gone and he must wait more time for others to recieve this file. Paying extra for cable? Well thats your own problem since you choose it, and besides i dont think people get cable just for downloading anime. One last thing, 25kb a sec? What kind of crap connection are you on?!
Old 2004-02-25, 22:03   Link #20
JOJOS'STAR
*Artist

Quote:
What are you complaning about everyone has the right to watch Naruto Paying extra money for a faster connection is YOUR choice!

I myself pay 70$ per month for my ultra hi-speed connection and I get a lot of episode faster that everyboddy but when it comes to Naruto..man you just dont get it do you You internet connection speed dosent give you the right to get Naruto sooner then anyone.