AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-08-29, 15:20   Link #401
UPR

the thing they were not the originals other people were doing it at for some reason they dropped it. Rumble picked it up but started from the beginning so it's not like they inted to and they do 2 subs at a time meaning there currently doing 36 and 37 which are 27 and 33% respectively according to there site.
Old 2007-08-30, 08:59   Link #402
thecowsings

Episode 71 is out! ^^

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm950089

Tips on how to watch this: http://community.livejournal.com/love_gintama/2159.html

*You better watch this fast because the link is not going to stay there forever.
thecowsings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-30, 10:10   Link #403
hi no ken Jebus

Spoiler for ep 71:
hi no ken Jebus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-30, 12:26   Link #404
thecowsings

Next episode should be Gintoki and Katsura going to the driving centre because
Spoiler for XD:

Regarding episode 71, I'm not surprised at the ending, seeing as how Gintama anime has followed the manga closely unlike Claymore. So effectively, reading the manga spoils the anime series for me. ^^
Old 2007-08-30, 17:53   Link #405
LucidLucifer
LucidLucifer

Send a message via MSN to LucidLucifer
this anime is so ridiculous!! while i must admit that I've only seen about 3 random ep's of this series i did get a good laugh out of it!! Cant wait to see more.
LucidLucifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-30, 17:59   Link #406
psycho bolt
Cowmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by UPR View Post
the thing they were not the originals other people were doing it at for some reason they dropped it. Rumble picked it up but started from the beginning so it's not like they inted to and they do 2 subs at a time meaning there currently doing 36 and 37 which are 27 and 33% respectively according to there site.
Actually, Shinsen-subs didn't quit. Their website says so. Also Rumbelsubs didn't start from the beginning, they started at 21.

And I heard that Gintama started when Bleach was starting. If so, how come they have are fewer episodes than Bleach?
psycho bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-31, 01:33   Link #407
LucidLucifer
LucidLucifer

Send a message via MSN to LucidLucifer
Quote:
Originally Posted by psycho bolt View Post
Actually, Shinsen-subs didn't quit. Their website says so. Also Rumbelsubs didn't start from the beginning, they started at 21.

And I heard that Gintama started when Bleach was starting. If so, how come they have are fewer episodes than Bleach?
Might be because the network didnt air them in sync with Bleach. It happens.
LucidLucifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-31, 01:57   Link #408
domino
デレデレ

Quote:

The Bleach anime started in 2004. The Gintama anime started in 2006. So the number of episodes varies a lot because they didn't start at the same time at all.

I think you mean they AIRED at the same time, which is sort of true. When Gintama first aired on TV, it was aired back-to-back with Bleach. So viewers could get a weekly dose of watching Bleach and then Gintama on the same channel (which is why they made that short clip of Bleach's Kon and Gintama's Elizabeth bouncing around together and showed it before episodes).
domino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-01, 12:34   Link #409
psycho bolt
Cowmaster

Oh yeah, I got mixed up. I read wiki wrong. I thought it aired after Bleach started.

Well I was surprised to see that 71 episodes are out. I didn't know it was that popular. Maybe its because popular in Japan. Where I live, I asked a lot of my anime fans if they ever heard of Gintama and most of them didn't. I hope more fansubbers will do this series. Rumbelsubs are good though, but if more subbers do it than maybe more people will hear about the series. And what is the latest volume out for the manga?
Old 2007-09-01, 16:52   Link #410
domino
デレデレ

Quote:
Oh yeah, I got mixed up. I read wiki wrong. I thought it aired after Bleach started.

Well I was surprised to see that 71 episodes are out. I didn't know it was that popular. Maybe its because popular in Japan. Where I live, I asked a lot of my anime fans if they ever heard of Gintama and most of them didn't. I hope more fansubbers will do this series. Rumbelsubs are good though, but if more subbers do it than maybe more people will hear about the series. And what is the latest volume out for the manga?
Japan and foreign anime fans have different tastes, I guess. I was hoping Gintama would catch on outside of Japan with animation, but I guess undersubbing has hurt it. (most Gintama fans seem to be watching the raws out of desperation)

But yeah, it's one Japan's current bestsellers and easily recognized there. Even its own author is in shock.
domino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-03, 13:47   Link #411
thecowsings

Quote:
And what is the latest volume out for the manga?
It should be volume 19 and if you're curious about the latest manga chapter, it would be chapter 179. This week, chapter 180 will be out. ^^

Here are some links to check it out if you're interested in the manga:

6) To view Gintama manga online
http://comic.sky-fire.com/HTML/YingHun/ (YES, it has chapter 1 to latest chapter but it's chinese scanlation - good if you're referencing it to the English translations.)
http://www.onemanga.com ->English Scanlation as mentioned above. Incomplete as of Aug 24 2007
Old 2007-09-04, 06:20   Link #412
Myname

How popular is this show in Japan? Or the manga even?

Compared to the Big 3 (Bleach, Naruto, One Piece) and to just plain 13-26 episode series.

Strange that there are barely any subs for this.
Myname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-04, 11:04   Link #413
psycho bolt
Cowmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myname View Post
How popular is this show in Japan? Or the manga even?

Compared to the Big 3 (Bleach, Naruto, One Piece) and to just plain 13-26 episode series.

Strange that there are barely any subs for this.
Its popular enough to reach over 70 episodes. I believe so with the manga I think there are weekly releases within JUMP.

I think the reason because there are so few subs for Gintama is because there aren't any speed subs like Bleach. Of course speed subs are mostly poorly done, but some people watch them anyways. BTW Gintama and Bleach has the same amount of subbers. Its just that Bleach has speed subbers from the start. So they were able to catch up, while Gintama lagged behind.
Old 2007-09-04, 12:36   Link #414
Vagrant0

Quote:
Its popular enough to reach over 70 episodes. I believe so with the manga I think there are weekly releases within JUMP.

I think the reason because there are so few subs for Gintama is because there aren't any speed subs like Bleach. Of course speed subs are mostly poorly done, but some people watch them anyways. BTW Gintama and Bleach has the same amount of subbers. Its just that Bleach has speed subbers from the start. So they were able to catch up, while Gintama lagged behind.
I would imagine all the references might also be affecting the rate that some subbers are willing to release at. While yeah, speed subbers probably wouldn't care about making notations for cultural or anime references, with a show like Gintama, that's where a good portion of the episode is devoted. Subbing without those notations might be fine for some, but there are a good portion of people who wouldn't understand half of what they're seeing without them. Or maybe that's just what some of the subbers are saying so that they can take their time. Either way, it's worth the wait.
Vagrant0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-06, 20:49   Link #415
psycho bolt
Cowmaster

Yay! 36 Sub is out!
Old 2007-09-07, 21:30   Link #416
S_K
Let's begin!

Send a message via MSN to S_K
when someone is about to suicide always save them by kicking them hard in their ribs
S_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-08, 12:12   Link #417
psycho bolt
Cowmaster

lawl with Gin and his perm.
Old 2007-09-09, 03:36   Link #418
kira-sama

Send a message via MSN to kira-sama Send a message via Yahoo to kira-sama
OMG!!! gin-chan silky hair so hilarious!!!!
Old 2007-09-13, 09:56   Link #419
hi no ken Jebus

Spoiler for ep 73:

Last edited by hi no ken Jebus; 2007-09-13 at 10:10.
hi no ken Jebus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-13, 10:47   Link #420
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
God i love this series Otae kicks all types of ass. Shes one favorite females characters in any anime right now. I dont know about a GinxOtae paring at the end of the series if they do any romance at all. But i will say this who else could keep Gin in line hell id let her beat me into submission.

Tags
action, comedy, shounen