Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-10-08, 14:44   Link #6021
Branduil
Typesetter
*Fansubber

I'm surprised and pleased Rena won.

I'll support the Hidamari characters for today, though I doubt they'll win.
Old 2007-10-08, 14:50   Link #6022
NissanNut
Mochi Addict

Send a message via AIM to NissanNut
Quote:
Originally Posted by neutralizer View Post
The first step is denial... now you realize it and you're couping with images . It's all in good fun. As much as I'm sad that Kagami has lost, I've bounced back. There's more to life than Saimoe, right?

Besides, I'm revitalized to support Hinagiku.
Of course there's more to life than Saimoe... it's called Best Moe... HA HA HA HA HA! Oh crap... team meeting in 30 minutes... laterz!
Old 2007-10-08, 14:55   Link #6023
Konata-chan
Wannabe Konata Izumi

Send a message via AIM to Konata-chan Send a message via MSN to Konata-chan
Quote:
Originally Posted by NissanNut View Post
Of course there's more to life than Saimoe... it's called Best Moe... HA HA HA HA HA! Oh crap... team meeting in 30 minutes... laterz!
Especially when tomorrow's match in Best Moe is none other than :: drum roll :: Fate vs. Suigintou! I wonder if all the Fate fans are going to flock there now that she's gone from Saimoe. And to all the Kagami fans in despair from yesterday's match, Kagami's still in Best Moe, and the only character remaining from Lucky Star.
Old 2007-10-08, 15:05   Link #6024
-MotokoAoyama-
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by neutralizer View Post
Watch more anime series you can find other characters moe.

Haha, me too. I'll think I might vote just to keep dolls from winning. I'd like to see a winner from a new series this time.
Yes, I definitely find that watching more anime will make you like more characters. In the end, even if one loses, you still have the others to support. Life goes on after Kagamin lost. I'll be cheering on Rika-chama!

And I'll probably vote to keep dolls from winning too because dolls are not my moe and because they dominated the tournament for the last 2 years
Old 2007-10-08, 15:09   Link #6025
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Kagami lost? With 600 fake votes?

Good

Now i don't need to waste my time in J Saimoe anymore.

It crossed the line for me, totally lost my trust in this competition already.
Old 2007-10-08, 15:17   Link #6026
neutralizer
Hinagiku-ist

Send a message via AIM to neutralizer
Quote:
Originally Posted by NissanNut View Post
Of course, my #1 (Hinagiku), #2 (Kagami), #3 (Shana) are still all in Best Moe and I will support them the best I can. The only thing I miss is rushing and posting AA's in Best Moe, but I can always post moe comments.
Old 2007-10-08, 15:34   Link #6027
Mad Dog
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
Kagami lost? With 600 fake votes?

Good

Now i don't need to waste my time in J Saimoe anymore.

It crossed the line for me, totally lost my trust in this competition already.
THANK YOU! At least someone agree with me.

Also before going and telling someone they should watch more anime think about this 1st.

1. Does this person have broadband to be able to DL and watch anime? - No i don't i'm with dial-up in my area.

2. Does he/she have the money to go out and buy anime? - no i don't Im in the middle of jobs right now so no i can't buy any.

3. Does this person like alot of animes of many different variates? - Yes, but there is also plenty i don't like. HYnG, Nanoha to name 2

4. Would anyone be nice enough to send him anime if he/she has no other way to acquire it? - Once last year. After 4 years of asking.

Think before you speak.
Old 2007-10-08, 15:35   Link #6028
Psieye
Lore Hunter

Send a message via AIM to Psieye Send a message via MSN to Psieye
You know I've been wandering... whenever a new voting thread comes up they give a summary of previous campaign posts/links. What are these categories supposed to mean?

■ 設定説明
■ キャプ
■ 二次絵
■ 動画

Quote:
Think before you speak.
*raises eyebrow*
*applies Relativity*
*goes back to ploughing through 2ch thread before voting*

Spoiler for Round215:

Moe Culture Essays (my archive of my long posts); J Saimoe 2008 Wiki pages (minimialistic ASuki link library for now)

Last edited by Psieye; 2007-10-08 at 15:52.
Old 2007-10-08, 15:58   Link #6029
snowKFH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Dog View Post
Also before going and telling someone they should watch more anime think about this 1st.

1. Does this person have broadband to be able to DL and watch anime? - No i don't i'm with dial-up in my area.

2. Does he/she have the money to go out and buy anime? - no i don't Im in the middle of jobs right now so no i can't buy any.

3. Does this person like alot of animes of many different variates? - Yes, but there is also plenty i don't like. HYnG, Nanoha to name 2

4. Would anyone be nice enough to send him anime if he/she has no other way to acquire it? - Once last year. After 4 years of asking.
But does that prioritize your opinion over those who HAVE seen these other anime?

As in, while I respect your situation and understand why you haven't seen every show on the list (hell, I have broadband and haven't) does that really give you any more leverage in what is moe and what isn't? What's to say Kagamin is the moe-est character? Moe is subjective just like morals. If anything, the loss of a great character should encourage you to research the slayer of the beast. Hell, it's what caused me to check out nanoha last year.

I dunno, just a thought.

Also, voted for Hidamari x2, even though I think Vita is a better character, Miyako is more moe for me. Today is like christmas - no matter who loses, I win. Here's to yunocchi though~
Old 2007-10-08, 16:14   Link #6030
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowKFH View Post
If anything, the loss of a great character should encourage you to research the slayer of the beast. Hell, it's what caused me to check out nanoha last year.
Same here; After some Nanoha characters took down several of my favorites last year, I really feel like watching the show just to see what all the fuzz was about.

So far, Nanoha is the only show I have watched because of Saimoe.
Old 2007-10-08, 16:19   Link #6031
neutralizer
Hinagiku-ist

Send a message via AIM to neutralizer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Dog View Post
Think before you speak.

The irony. Oh, the irony.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel E. View Post
Same here; After some Nanoha characters took down several of my favorites last year, I really feel like watching the show just to see what all the fuzz was about.

So far, Nanoha is the only show I have watched because of Saimoe.
Same. I've watched Nanoha and Lucky Star after seeing their performance in Saimoe and wanting to know what the big fuss was about.
Old 2007-10-08, 16:21   Link #6032
Furudanuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psieye View Post
You know I've been wandering... whenever a new voting thread comes up they give a summary of previous campaign posts/links. What are these categories supposed to mean?

■ 設定説明
■ キャプ
■ 二次絵
■ 動画
設定説明 - Introductory explaination material (basic info about the show)
キャプ - Screen caps and similar pictures
二次絵 - Secondary picture support (posters, fanart, wallpapers, etc.)
動画 - Video and other animated material

And my anime gets from Saimoe have included ARIA and Ichigo Mashimaro
Old 2007-10-08, 16:35   Link #6033
Aya Reiko
Cutengu

Current vote totals (inc. fake votes):
C3-2
Miyako@Hidamari Sketch = 326
Vita@Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha StrikerS = 278

D3-1
Yuno@Hidamari Sketch = 319
Yagami Hayate@Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha StrikerS = 290

- - - - -

Part of me suspects the Hidamari team's lead is revenge voters getting it out of their system. I wouldn't be surprised of their lead evaporates by the end of the match.
Old 2007-10-08, 16:36   Link #6034
Ryougi Shiki
私, オレ, lines of origin

Haha oh wow.

I really like Rena, and her folder is about three times as large as my entire LS folder, so yeah.

Kagami just seems like a one-dimensional, tsundere stereotype to me. This is just my opinion.

Then again, LS was never about depth. I just like Rena a whole lot better than anyone from LS.
Old 2007-10-08, 16:37   Link #6035
BBM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnAdct1 View Post
Another possibility: some of the fake voters are pro-Rozen Maiden, with them posting the fake votes in hopes of ensuring that the only girl that could possibly beat the Rozen Maiden dolls in the finals (Kagami) is eliminated before she gets a chance to do so.
It would be a very tactical move and the doll faction seems to be very organized.
Old 2007-10-08, 16:41   Link #6036
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Now what did i say about characters attracting the spotlight too much?

"The higher they climb...the harder they fall"

With all this hype around LS and kanon - im not surprised that most of them has failed to meet expectations. Well done for rena winning though (tbh i would have only given her about 30% credit to win so she did quite well to pull through).

As for luna...

"DESPAIR!!"

Well for a newcomer she put up a really good fight - you can just see that the nanoha fans where shitting themselves (literally) for this match to be so close XD

no regrets - better luck next time (though i really wanted to see a luna vs san match - its all up to you now san chan to get to the finals )

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-10-08, 16:52   Link #6037
Ryougi Shiki
私, オレ, lines of origin

Yeah, I really like SnH, and I also love both San and Luna.

Then again, it's the Nanoha Machine for christ's sake. Even though I prefer Luna, they're a juggernaut that is older, and has built up a fanbase which has fans who like both, but are obligated to vote with the other Nanoha fans.
Old 2007-10-08, 16:53   Link #6038
OverFunk
It will never be the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aya Reiko View Post
C3-2

D3-1

- - - - -

Part of me suspects the Hidamari team's lead is revenge voters getting it out of their system. I wouldn't be surprised of their lead evaporates by the end of the match.
I truly hope you're wrong .

Then again Luna was winning during the first few hours. Then beamspam.

Regarding yesterday, the fact that Luna lost makes feel like a double defeat, even though Rena won, I can say that I lost Luna and Kagami...

Never forget
Old 2007-10-08, 16:53   Link #6039
snowKFH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
no regrets - better luck next time (though i really wanted to see a luna vs san match - its all up to you now san chan to get to the finals )
I'm with you there, Lunar vs. San woulda been epic.

however, it was not meant to be, and considering Lunar got killed very worthily, i do not shed tears, but salute.

Regardless, Go Go San! Beat Tsukasa!

though for San's sake, Kagami losing creates massive problems. No longer will the LS Fanbase be complacent thinking it can relax. Kinda dangerous for everyone's favorite mermaid.

Ah well, Go Go Yunocchi!
Old 2007-10-08, 16:56   Link #6040
Rainfall
Storm Of Comfort

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aya Reiko View Post
C3-2

D3-1
Has the Anti-Nanoha faction finally woken up? It could be Runa fans looking for revenge or it could be the majority of the Nanoha fans have not yet voted. (I go for the the second assumption) I'm every bit cynical on Hidamari Sketch's ability to triumph. Looking at the current vote totals, and comparing it with last night's feels extraordinary in a way. Saimoe has been full of despair lately. Actually . . . despair for one half and joy for the other.

I'm not at all interested in today's match but if I had to choose, I'll say I want Vita to win her match. Despite her being a side character, I still find her more moe in StrikerS than Hayate Yagami.

There are alot of good support materials for today's Korean Match by the way. Honestly, I can't tell who has the edge.

And it's Gin-san vs Fate-chan tomorrow! Gin-sama fans should be more prepared for this one as Fate-chan will not hesitate to Plasma Zamber her this time.
Closed Thread