AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-10-08, 07:16   Link #261
holyman282
Snape: "I hate Potter!"

well i was talking about DCSS a few posts back as a comparison.... I misread Relentless' comment and though he was talking about the second seaon lol
Old 2007-10-08, 07:27   Link #262
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

I would agree with relentless - watching the end of season 1 would go a long way in understanding some elements of the story. End of DCSS is not really required, though would help to show the state of relationships some characters had between them, but not nearly as required as end of season 1. (Sakura, Nemu and Junichi being the important characters in both seasons, Aisia in SS, but i don't expect her to have any importance related to Da Capo II plot).
Old 2007-10-08, 09:27   Link #263
Juggercaut
Unhappy Animal

Send a message via ICQ to Juggercaut Send a message via MSN to Juggercaut
For me, D.C. was quite enjoyable... Da Crappo S.S. was some sort of offence, with the stupid objective of the whole season: To Love Yunichi...

But this one alrealy has kicked my balls. The plainest characters EVER! to me all of'em looks like those finger people in Digi-charat. Also, the characters design remindsme of those cheap hentai mangas... the music was like... there was music to begin with? never mind, I don't care that much.

Also, I was like... "who was the main char again? oh! you!... no, wait, that is just another character of the background". Now the word "plain" have a new concept.

Spoiler for Heavy KGNE spoilers:
Juggercaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-08, 09:29   Link #264
UPR

Spoiler for Heavy KGNE spoilers:

Can't you just wish for a broken heart.(which we all know pretty much will happen)
Old 2007-10-08, 09:36   Link #265
Juggercaut
Unhappy Animal

Send a message via ICQ to Juggercaut Send a message via MSN to Juggercaut
Quote:
Originally Posted by UPR View Post
Can't you just wish for a broken heart.(which we all know pretty much will happen)
Uhm... lemme see... not really. That character isn't that gool to remain in the show... so let her die of suffer some sort of accident... maybe if she gets a hook instead of hand or who knows... rebuilded has a human weapon may be more interesting...

...ok, never mind the human weapon, I hated saikano.
Juggercaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-08, 18:40   Link #266
holyman282

Just because they are not a good character, doesn't mean they deserve to die. Personally if that's how you react to every "bad" character, that you hope they'd die, well i fear for the japanese anime industry should they take up on your suggestion.
Old 2007-10-08, 19:32   Link #267
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!

Personally I hope for the best for Kokko, I much prefer a relationship that is built up overtime then the wham bam I fell in love at first sight thing. Hence I was a big supporter of Nemu in S1 (I just didn't like the whole setup of their relationship in SS so preferred Kotori more). Of course the relationship has to be two sided, which I think might not be the case here .

I see no reason why people can't go from childhood friends, to realising that they love each other more then that (DC S1 is a good example) and tbh at least they will know what they are getting into.

Personally I think that Koko's relationship will fail, and the reason why it seems her wish is supported by Miss one sided love herself; Sakura, who still hasn't gotten over her thing of Junichi (or I guess she would be normal aged)
Old 2007-10-08, 20:32   Link #268
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for ep2:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-08, 21:25   Link #269
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Spoiler for Episode 2:
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-09, 00:04   Link #270
FLiPMaStAZ

hmm this is kinda off topic but i was wondering if you actually need to watch the earlier prequels in order to understand Da Capo II since i'm considering watching it
FLiPMaStAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-09, 00:06   Link #271
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLiPMaStAZ View Post
hmm this is kinda off topic but i was wondering if you actually need to watch the earlier prequels in order to understand Da Capo II since i'm considering watching it
Just read back the end of the last page for some answers. I think the consensus is basically you don't need to, but some aspects would definitely make more sense if you do.
Old 2007-10-09, 03:41   Link #272
holyman282

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLiPMaStAZ View Post
You don't have to but like relentless says, some aspects such as the Sakura tree, Sakura ect would make a little more sense in DCII.. Offcourse in the end it just comes down to the people who have watched the previous Da Capo anime to have more of an advantage as to guessing what's happening here... An example would be:

Spoiler for Spoiler for those who haven't watched the original Da Capo anime:

All in all i feel by watching the previous DC you would end up enjoying DCII more as the DC anime would provide a little background to the premise of DCII..

Anyway like relentless says it's a matter of choice and i'm sure some of the questions that would come up if you hadn't watched DC will still be answered eventually, just that the original watchers would have the upper hand right up until near the end of the anime.
Old 2007-10-09, 06:44   Link #273
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!

Lets not forget you get to see Utamaru in all its full glory too
Old 2007-10-09, 14:15   Link #274
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I must still be in my honeymoon period with the new shows: I liked ep2. It was starting to veer into banality until Minatsu appeared. I loved how Aoki Sayaka (Kyon's imouto, Sia in Shuffle) played her:
Spoiler for ep2:
My way of guessing which girl is going to win is to look at the order they are listed in in the cast credits on the website: Otome, Yume, Nanako, Koko, Anzu, Minatsu. I don't know if my method works, but that list might at least suggest who is going to get most screen time. I enjoyed the bench scene with Yoshiyuki and Koko.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-09, 14:50   Link #275
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
I loved how Aoki Sayaka (Kyon's imouto, Sia in Shuffle) played her:
Spoiler for ep2:
I was thinking about something like this last night, actually.
Spoiler:
Mintasu is a whole lot of fun, and I actually liked her character in the game a lot more than I thought I would. Once the anime's over, be sure to check out the summary I wrote in the game thread. I do think they nailed her character in the anime as well, so was quite pleased with that.
Quote:
My way of guessing which girl is going to win is to look at the order they are listed in in the cast credits on the website: Otome, Yume, Nanako, Koko, Anzu, Minatsu. I don't know if my method works, but that list might at least suggest who is going to get most screen time.
This is actually the same order as the game and all other official merchandise that I can recall. I guess it's sort of the "canon character order".
Spoiler for speculation:

And incidentally, in looking over my past comment, I should append...
Spoiler for Episode 2:
Old 2007-10-09, 15:23   Link #276
UPR

Quote:
My way of guessing which girl is going to win is to look at the order they are listed in in the cast credits on the website: Otome, Yume, Nanako, Koko, Anzu, Minatsu. I don't know if my method works, but that list might at least suggest who is going to get most screen time. I enjoyed the bench scene with Yoshiyuki and Koko.
I read that Otome was labeled as the Main lead (heroine) for this.
MAybe someone knows something we don't.
Old 2007-10-09, 16:10   Link #277
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by UPR View Post
I read that Otome was labeled as the Main lead (heroine) for this.
MAybe someone knows something we don't.
Well, they never said much of anything regarding the anime (as they were trying to keep it a surprise/secret). I'm pretty sure most were assuming Otome would end up being the main heroine because of the game (and the fact that she's also the most popular D.C. II character on most polls). We also know that the person who wrote the game scripts for Otome and Yume is working on the anime script. But I'm pretty sure that's all anyone knows at this point.
Old 2007-10-09, 16:19   Link #278
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
never...i have never seen a tsundere robot girl XD
ep 2
Spoiler:

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-09, 16:25   Link #279
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Sticking with this for now simply because I'd like to see how they plan to implement Minatsu. Is it just a girl with odd quirks or will they try to do something more? The Multi character had some interesting attributes and Chi explored some aspects of sentience.
Chachamaru in the manga Negima is often played for gags but occasionally some interesting bits of introspection happen with Chach's self-analysis.

Basically I'm interested in examinations of the "Frankenstein conundrum" ... as articulated by the Monster in the original story.

Yeah, yeah... this is Da Capo so unless they plan on making her the centerpiece of this season there's not much of that likely to happen... but sometimes even just a few minutes of fascinating stuff can make a character memorable.
Old 2007-10-09, 20:59   Link #280
bluemist
i am the mist

If the opening sequence suggested that Minatsu plays a major role in this anime series... I don't know if they will dwell on the main stories (the old Da Capo plot about the magical unwithering sakura tree).

I'm feeling there will be a second season this early.

Tags
bishoujo, circus, drama, romance, school life, seinen