AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2007-10-25, 11:54   Link #41
lubczyk

I just saw Shinsen-Subs release the first episode of Gundam 00 in 1080 as well as 720. Might have to check it out and compare the quality:

1080:
http://www.mininova.org/tor/958816

720:
http://www.mininova.org/tor/958817

Personally I'm torn, I've really enjoyed Conclave-Mendoi translations but I've really liked Shinsen-Subs translated series in the past.
lubczyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-25, 18:06   Link #42
mikyu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anavel View Post
How many fansubs are there so far? Just 3?
do you mean how many fansubs groups release 00 ?

so far, there are:
- nyoron
- shinsen-subs
- menclave
- gundamS.net
- anon
mikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-26, 00:07   Link #43
icealchemist
troll4hire
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to icealchemist Send a message via MSN to icealchemist
Quote:
Originally Posted by lubczyk View Post
I just saw Shinsen-Subs release the first episode of Gundam 00 in 1080 as well as 720. Might have to check it out and compare the
1080p SHS

720p SHS

720p C-M

Last edited by icealchemist; 2007-10-26 at 01:27.
icealchemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-26, 01:32   Link #44
Ledgem
Love Yourself

Based off of those screenshots, SHS' is significantly blurrier while C-M has a much crisper image.
Old 2007-10-26, 08:57   Link #45
SonicX_Zero
Kill Kira

I'd like to take this opportunity to say that Conclave and Mendoi rocks for releasing XVID version of their eps, not because I have a hard time playing their files mkv files but mkv are such a pain in the butt to convert to mp4 for my PSP compared to avi.
SonicX_Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-26, 10:38   Link #46
kira-sama

Send a message via MSN to kira-sama Send a message via Yahoo to kira-sama
from the first episode i download from conclave-mendoi ^_^
Old 2007-10-26, 12:20   Link #47
orange-kun

i'd just like to thank conclave and mendoi for putting out an xvid version
orange-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-31, 19:48   Link #48
Icehawk

I notice Conclave-Mendoi's ep 4 HD release is 100 mb smaller than its previous 3, did you guys have to settle for a less quality source for this one or did you just manage to compress it more than the first three?
Icehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-31, 20:35   Link #49
icealchemist
troll4hire
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to icealchemist Send a message via MSN to icealchemist
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icehawk View Post
I notice Conclave-Mendoi's ep 4 HD release is 100 mb smaller than its previous 3, did you guys have to settle for a less quality source for this one or did you just manage to compress it more than the first three?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Menclave Blog
The animation quality dropped by quite a bit, so we were able to fit this episode in 250MB at yet still maintain higher quality than the previous three (better quantizer distribution than past episodes, for those so technically inclined).
You can thank Korea.
icealchemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-31, 21:43   Link #50
Icehawk

Ahhh cool, good to hear, I was just a little concerned there for a moment. I didnt notice any drop in the visual quality but I could tell the overal animation quality for the episode was less than the previous ones so I figured that may have something to do with it but I didnt realize it could affect the filesize that much.

Very nice job guys, keep up the amazing work. You're releases look perfect even after I've converted them to WMV's to stream to my 37" Toshiba through my Xbox 360.

Last edited by Icehawk; 2007-11-01 at 00:50.
Icehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-01, 06:00   Link #51
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by icealchemist View Post
You can thank Korea.
Korea had nothing to do with this episode... A Chinese company did some of the backgrounds, but the rest are all Japan.

Actually, I'd place the blame on Takuro Shinbo & Kenji Takase, an old animation directing duo from the Seed & Seed Destiny days... They were never great at producing good quality work in the first place, as evident in most of their episodes in Seed.
Old 2007-11-01, 09:13   Link #52
Zenemis
Megabuddy
*IT Support

I'm another sticking with Conclave/Mendoi - The video quality is *superb*, and the translation is very good

Just like to say great work, keep it up!
Old 2008-01-16, 21:14   Link #53
Anavel
*Graphic Designer

So what happened to Conclave-Mendoi site and their releases? Their site and tracker have been down for a while.
Anavel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-16, 22:35   Link #54
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anavel View Post
So what happened to Conclave-Mendoi site and their releases? Their site and tracker have been down for a while.
http://www.mymenclave.com/

Its not down... At least not for me.
Old 2008-01-16, 23:33   Link #55
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

I'm actually thinking about archiving all HD RAWS and just using assfiles...Does Conclave-Medoi do ass I wonder? (LOL that's a funny sentence) So far I think Nyroro does...My comp can't handle the HQHD mkv from clave, but the divx HQHD RAW IMO even looks better on my flatscreen than the menclave mkv...I don't think I can go back to 170 mbs after watching the RAW first each week...The drop is like going from Crack to Coke Zero (Not that I've done crack^^)....
Old 2008-01-17, 01:04   Link #56
shadowmoon07

I just wanna say thank you to Conclave and Mendoi for not compromising quality for file size. Ive really enjoyed your fansub on Gundam 00 and the quality of your work is superb. Keep up the great work, cant wait for ep 14
shadowmoon07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-17, 07:06   Link #57
Terra

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
I'm actually thinking about archiving all HD RAWS and just using assfiles...Does Conclave-Medoi do ass I wonder? (LOL that's a funny sentence) So far I think Nyroro does...My comp can't handle the HQHD mkv from clave, but the divx HQHD RAW IMO even looks better on my flatscreen than the menclave mkv...I don't think I can go back to 170 mbs after watching the RAW first each week...The drop is like going from Crack to Coke Zero (Not that I've done crack^^)....
They do do ass. Check Menclave's site for them. There's a link at the top of the page to their ass files (who came up with ass anyway? :P ).
Old 2008-01-19, 20:18   Link #58
Ori

Send a message via AIM to Ori
Is there a reason why animesuki no longer lists conclave-mendoi's version of Gundam 00?

Edit: nevermind. I see that they have made a batch of everything.
Ori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-02, 08:44   Link #59
davidw89

Where? i can't see it on AniDB

Anyway, still waiting for the HD rip of Conclave Mendoi..i think they're going to do a double episode release this week otherwise i would be sad..they do the best quality release..
davidw89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-02, 19:53   Link #60
JediNight
キズランダム

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ledgem View Post
Based off of those screenshots, SHS' is significantly blurrier while C-M has a much crisper image.
That would mean that the "1080p" versions are merely upscaled 720p then if it's blurry. Unless those raws are Bluray rips or something. But I'm not sure of Gundam00 is getting an HD media release or not.

PS: Use CoreAVC for H264 playback instead of the internal ffdshow playback. The CPU load is significantly reduced. Using ffdshow to play some 1920x1080 Dennou Coil raws I have, it was sitting at 70% CPU load normally spiking to full use on high-action scenes. Using the CoreAVC codec instead it drops to 35% normal load, spiking to 60% on high-action.

That's on an AMD X2 3800+ CPU (which is like a 2.5yr old CPU now)
JediNight is offline   Reply With Quote