AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-12-12, 06:44   Link #17621
Tormenk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron008R View Post
Hey, the principle behind AMF is magitech after all.
Good enough for now then.

Quote:
BTW, CLANNAD 10 is filled with Kotomi-MOE! She's incredibly cute!

"Ijimeru? Ijimeru?!"

Too much purple hair and eyes, though. @_@
I hear a call for MOAR

Spoiler for not everyone's cup of tea:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FieryAeon View Post
On the topic of SS04 I noticed that there's a torrent that's double the size from Nipponsei. Any idea why?

Btw, there seems to be a lack of response to my question. But then again this thread seems to be in a kind of holiday slump, despite the fact that Christmas is still a a ways to go.
I can safely say even if not the holiday mood, the weather is slowing things down in more ways than one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameSparkZ View Post
Hmm, I'm more intrigued by the Sacred Mode
Who's mode is it from?
The older version of the Exceed Mode.Copypasta from the Wiki site again:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wikipedia

Sacred Mode — An improved version of Nanoha's Barrier Jacket, including field generators on the shoulders, gloves, and other defensive enhancements. She can now use the Jacket with Raising Heart in Standby Mode.

"Are you afraid of change? Or are you afraid to change?"

"Wheel turns, river flows and life goes on."

"Best way to kill a man, is to leave him alone."

"Until you come, until we close our eyes."

Old 2007-12-12, 06:56   Link #17622
arkhangelsk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
I would like to point out something: at 150 knots, on final approach, the C-5B Galaxy appears to hang motionless in the sky to an observer on the ground, due to its huge bulk - the human eye is simply unable to properly interpret the data.

The Cradle is bigger than a C-5B.
That doesn't work well because we are watching anime - even if a human eye-brain combination can get confused, a camera would not. As an anime, it is a reproduction (from a SoD point of view), and the author can choose whether to recreate what the eye might see or to recreate a camera's view, or even some other view.

Quote:
This is how it appears to me. Makes sense, don't it? Occam's razor, people. It's pretty useful.
I considered the theory you mentioned, but it fails to explain why Jail didn't use the "Get Objective Done Now" speed from the start. He is not Palpy - he does not have to slowly kill off the heroine's friends one by one to get her to fall to the "Dark Side". Surely, he'd be in the best negotiating position when his Cradle is in its firing position, hours before the fleet can arrive and way above the engagement altitude of ground mages.
Old 2007-12-12, 07:19   Link #17623
Tk3997
Loveable Jerk

Send a message via ICQ to Tk3997 Send a message via AIM to Tk3997 Send a message via MSN to Tk3997
Quote:
Originally Posted by arkhangelsk View Post
I considered the theory you mentioned, but it fails to explain why Jail didn't use the "Get Objective Done Now" speed from the start. He is not Palpy - he does not have to slowly kill off the heroine's friends one by one to get her to fall to the "Dark Side". Surely, he'd be in the best negotiating position when his Cradle is in its firing position, hours before the fleet can arrive and way above the engagement altitude of ground mages.
Or since it came up and this was part of the post I was planning to make Option C:
Having been dormant oh 300 years ramping it up probably involved more then just flipping an “on” switch and getting absolute max thrust out of its drive array… It was about to be found out when it took off initially recall so just letting it sit in place all that time wouldn’t have done any good and indeed would have just made an attack easier. At least this way it made SOME progress and it could fight back while it waited for it’s engines to spin up to full power.

No matter what you argue speed wise the thing clearly started moving a whole hell of allot faster right after the heroes off as has been noted it had only gained like a couple thousand in a few hours which WOULD have caused it to take days to reach orbit.

Acutally re-watching the scene just after everyone escapes and we see it accelerates away it seems possible to perhaps roughly gauge its speed if we knew its size. In the scene in question the ship climbs past the camera very closely and the cameras dose not shift or change position at all during this fly by. If we assume the camera is stationary (as it sure as hell appears to be) and knew it’s length you could perhaps roughly gauge it’s speed by how long it takes to completely fly past the camera. (around 4 seconds)

I think that's how it works anyway, I've been up entirely too long so my brain is a little fried at this point...

Even beyond all this nonsense it's not like I’d really expect something like the Cradle to be a sterling example of ship speed to begin with, acutally I bet it’s slow as shit compared to most ships. I also never really saw TSAB ships as zipping around at 90% of C all the time or anything, but I did foresee them having at least 10+ G acceleration in a vacuum which would acutally be really fucking slow by most sci-fi standards which tends to favor stuff more in the thousands of G range... The real issue though is that slow ass drives tend to make for boring plots.

Helmsmen
: Captain we're on course and will arrive to do battle with the evil overload in... 6 months.
Captain:
So anyone know any good jokes?

Edit:
I like a bit of realism, but I also don't take this shit too seriously and I like my realism in characters and tactics and to some extent politics rather then technical details, I'll debate about how it works allot and I like to stick to rules when possible, but I'll also read stuff that gets it wrong if it's entertaining a good plot and a fun story is still what matters most. Also while I do enjoy these kinds of debates from time to time it's sorta derailing the thread and not really going anywhere at this point I think and I've been getting a little too caught up in them recently so I think I'll probably just back off any of it for a few days to cool off a bit.

Last edited by Tk3997; 2007-12-12 at 08:16.
Old 2007-12-12, 07:28   Link #17624
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
1. She's a dog girl ?

2. Well, but that would mean Maren has been...

Heh ?
Its often shorted to simply Pure Pure, an eroge featuring doggirls, catgirls etc. Not too sure about the story, but it seems to be 'slice of life' type.

Quote:
Originally Posted by USB500 View Post
This is one of the most ridiculous teasers I've ever posted.

Spoiler for teaser:

Don't say I didn't warn you when I said Dark Widuri will act DARINGLY hot.

*runs*
Dweh? This goes far beyond sexual harassment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Wow... slow slow OC thread this past week
Busy, very busy. After next week hollidays should start which'll give me more time.

Quote:
Not exactly, but you get the gist of the idea
Which would leave me to scrounge a baby from somewhere.

Quote:
Yes Blizzard happens all year round, sucking out the lifeforce of millions of young souls through their PC screens, yup
Blizzard struck me too recently, refreshing my account and draining what little free time I had left.

Quote:
Ara/

But then I fear Widuri will take one step FURTHER and do THIS and THAT to Hayate as a revenge.

and throw in some Keroko for awesome hot, steamy, sensual, and stormy orgy-

*radio static*
*watches the mushroom shaped cloud*

That seems like a direct hit...

Quote:
Lelouch without the humor and better physical capabilities?
Uhmm, yeah, something like that.... Now how to get out of this without admitting I never watched Code Geass beyond episode 3....

Quote:
That Vandread idea sounds appealing.
Only with major tweaks.

Quote:
Tuala? Or was it Valavis? But it's more like a magic repulsor-burst than anything. AMF is a very high level magic(?) field as stated in the manga. So I think it isn't impossible.
Hmm, good point.

Quote:
And for the sake of randomness... Mahou Shoujo: Tanuki (Racoon) Hayate!!!

Spoiler for Mahou Shoujo: Tanuki (Racoon) Hayate!!!:
Tanuki Hayate!

Edit: On another note, remember how I've said Tesla would become a captain? I've decided to retcon myself and give Tesla command of the Normandy.

Expect much buzzing of defenses during their testflights.
Old 2007-12-12, 07:41   Link #17625
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post

Which would leave me to scrounge a baby from somewhere.
You can do that from a few things, including:

- abandoned-at-front-door baby
- Colleague's child
- Parenting program (unlikely)
- Noggenfogger Potion EX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko
Blizzard struck me too recently, refreshing my account and draining what little free time I had left.
Oh yeah

Quote:
Uhmm, yeah, something like that.... Now how to get out of this without admitting I never watched Code Geass beyond episode 3....
Do I need to use my Geass to get you to watch more?

Quote:
Tanuki Hayate!

Edit: On another note, remember how I've said Tesla would become a captain? I've decided to retcon myself and give Tesla command of the Normandy.

WHAT IN GAWD'S NAME IS THAT BEAUTIFUL THING?!?!?!?!

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2007-12-12, 07:51   Link #17626
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
You can do that from a few things, including:

- abandoned-at-front-door baby
- Colleague's child
- Parenting program (unlikely)
- Noggenfogger Potion EX

Colleague's child might work. Noggenfogger... eh, that would drain the realism from the scene.

Quote:
Oh yeah
And the blizzard from the stars is comming closer too.

Quote:
Do I need to use my Geass to get you to watch more?
*puts on sunglasses* Try me.

Quote:
The Normandy, the ship you fly around in Mass Effect. Its fast, versatile, and most of all, stealthy. It actually has a stealth system that captures heat in the ships hull, rendering the ship invisible to everything but a visual detection. I figured Tesla deserved it after the shafting I put her through.
Old 2007-12-12, 07:55   Link #17627
Tk3997
Loveable Jerk

Send a message via ICQ to Tk3997 Send a message via AIM to Tk3997 Send a message via MSN to Tk3997
Quote:

Things looks kind weak to me honestly like someone tried to bulk up and make a 727 look mean and failed.
Old 2007-12-12, 07:57   Link #17628
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Colleague's child might work. Noggenfogger... eh, that would drain the realism from the scene.
Quote:
*puts on sunglasses* Try me.

Quote:
The Normandy, the ship you fly around in Mass Effect. Its fast, versatile, and most of all, stealthy. It actually has a stealth system that captures heat in the ships hull, rendering the ship invisible to everything but a visual detection. I figured Tesla deserved it after the shafting I put her through.
A ship invisible to even thermal detection? Melike And there's a nice ring to calling her Captain Tesla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tk3997 View Post

Things looks kind weak to me honestly like someone tried to bulk up and make a 727 look mean and failed.
I'm a sucker for sleek things

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2007-12-12, 08:00   Link #17629
Estavali
物語は、もう、おしまい……?

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisslanza View Post
After being gone 4 days... I don't dare try and figure out where I last posted (I don't even know which page it was...)

But I did re-watch all of MSLN and A's... Which had a few questions I need for meh OC (Who I uh... Haven't done anything with... Just been reading... And watching...)
1. Ok so we have... Ancient Belkan, Belkan, and Neo-Belkan. What's the difference between them really? >_>;
I assume Ancient Belkan is probably more wide-area attacks or something. Belkan would be what the Knights use and Neo-Belkan is a Belkan/Midchildan hybrid or something? <<;
2. Midchilda ships. This is a big one here for me really for my side project. I originally imagined them as being weak, speedy ships with big guns (Arc-en-ciel) but in MSLN my friend pointed out the 'Distortion Shield', which if it's a traditional one, means a TSAB warship would be nearly impervious to any attack. Any real info on these? >>;

And that's all I can remember. Sure I had more... <<;
I'll be here another hour or so, if someone answers after that could they PM them? @.@;
Regarding the Belkan System:

Spoiler for Length:

Add-on: It just occurs to me that, if we categorise Midchilda and Belka in terms of Nen, the former would be pre-dominately Emission-type while the latter would fit the description for Reinforcement/Enhancement.

Signature by liro

Last edited by Estavali; 2007-12-12 at 08:11.
Old 2007-12-12, 08:28   Link #17630
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:

*Tilts head* A 747? That was hardly the first thing that came to mind... Only a vague comparison at best.

Anyway, you're probably right about the weak part. Its not a battlecruiser that will wtfpwn everything with huge guns, in fact its main emphasis seem to lie in speed and stealth. The wiki claims that its 'very versatile; boasting a wide assortment of weaponry and built in features.' However, when the space battle scene in Mass Effect arived, the Normandy's main advantage was its small size and speed, dodging ships, attacks, explosions and in the end firing the final torp that killed the big baddy.

scenes at 2:07 and 7:45

Quote:
A ship invisible to even thermal detection? Melike And there's a nice ring to calling her Captain Tesla
Doesn't it? I figured giving her a speedy stealthy ship would suit her.

Quote:
I'm a sucker for sleek things
Guilty as well. Though big and bulky atracts me as well. *cough*stardestroyers*cough*
Old 2007-12-12, 08:38   Link #17631
Tormenk

Stories- Hitomi Kuroishi

I'm ever thankful to the divine hammer of inspiration of hitting like a jack-hammer to get me out of a slump and complete this in time.

And this is part 1 of Katrina's profile.

Spoiler for Katrina:

With that much said, here is the image of Katrina. Countless thanks to Lowegear for his help on this.

Spoiler for the real deal:

Next part will be include details of the Eye of Fire as well as Katrina's involvement with Jail. Hopefully the spell list can be completed in time as well.

Last edited by Tormenk; 2008-03-19 at 02:42.
Old 2007-12-12, 08:41   Link #17632
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:

Now I wished I had a console to play Mass Effect in...

*sulks*

Quote:
Doesn't it? I figured giving her a speedy stealthy ship would suit her.
I'm figuring it'll also have LOTS of CCC Avionics and EW equipment as befitting of Tesla

Quote:
Guilty as well. Though big and bulky atracts me as well. *cough*stardestroyers*cough*
Same here

Spoiler for My favorite large bulky looking ship:

Old 2007-12-12, 08:43   Link #17633
Tk3997
Loveable Jerk

Quote:
*Tilts head* A 747? That was hardly the first thing that came to mind... Only a vague comparison at best.
I don't know the "fuselage", the (totally unnecessary) vertical stabilizer, and the "wings" all scream "airliner" to me...

Quote:
I've always preferred my my vessels to be dark in color, have lots of right angles, be symmetrical, and equipped with big honkin space guns (preferably in big honkin gun turrets)… This is pretty close to my ideal:

Spoiler for Size:
Old 2007-12-12, 08:54   Link #17634
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tormenk View Post
I'm ever thankful to the divine hammer of inspiration of hitting like a jack-hammer to get me out of a slump and complete this in time.

Spoiler for Katrina:

With that much said, here is the image of Katrina. Countless thanks to Lowegear for his help on this.

Next part will be include details of the Eye of Fire as well as Katrina's involvement with Jail. Hopefully the spell list can be completed in time as well.
WHOA

Talk about Bluecheesium-infused profile

Nice and long run-down on Katrina here, really see how she became the rather complex and... sadistic person she came to be now She would've become a great Lyrical Meister

Dual elemental affinity though?

Quote:
I've always preferred my my vessels to be dark in color, have lots of right angles, be symmetrical, and equipped with big honkin space guns (preferably in big honkin gun turrets)… This is pretty close to my ideal:

Spoiler for Size:
Hyperion Class?

I prefer my ships small, fast, agile, yet packing a mean punch.

Spoiler for Like this:

Old 2007-12-12, 08:55   Link #17635
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
And it's he best ship that the humans have

Have to mention something though, the true main villian(s) in that game really reminds me of the Anti-Spiral...
Old 2007-12-12, 09:06   Link #17636
Tormenk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estavali View Post

Spoiler for Length:

Add-on: It just occurs to me that, if we categorise Midchilda and Belka in terms of Nen, the former would be pre-dominately Emission-type while the latter would fit the description for Reinforcement/Enhancement.
Every nice thought given to the analysis and quite accurate as far as I can tell.

Quote:

*whistles*

Cool. Awesome.

Quote:
And it's he best ship that the humans have

Have to mention something though, the true main villian(s) in that game really reminds me of the Anti-Spiral...
What game do you not play?

Quote:
WHOA

Talk about Bluecheesium-infused profile

Nice and long run-down on Katrina here, really see how she became the rather complex and... sadistic person she came to be now She would've become a great Lyrical Meister

Dual elemental affinity though?
Much thanks to you as well.

As for the most suspect part of her profile so far, that will be explained in part 2. Though honestly, my explanation borders on a wide area of "can it? can it not?" with Lost Logias so I'm certainly looking for approval on those areas.

Old 2007-12-12, 09:20   Link #17637
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
What game do you not play?
Why, Eroge of course
Old 2007-12-12, 10:26   Link #17638
Aaron008R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
>_>

About...2 weeks, to a month. I guess.

Right now, I'm mostly busy with university prep stuff, since the new season is oncoming, and the precursor to the Saga, aka the Zest finale is around 20% done. So it'll still be a while.

Late December to early January, somewhere there.
I guess we can wait...

Quote:

Quote:
Tanuki Hayate!

Quote:

Nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estavali View Post

Spoiler for Length:

Whoa...
Very nicely detailed explanation of the Belka Magic system!
A fine reference to go around with, indeed.

Quote:

Spoiler for Katrina:

Such a deliciously BLUECHEESIUM-INFUSED profile! What can I say, there're no complaints about her background. Her personal history is succinct and easy to understand. Her appearance is awesome. Her attitude gets a double thumbs-up from me.

Excellent work!

BTW, an EXTREMELY bare profile for the big boss in the HayateXGrandis arc.
Spoiler for Luozorl von Mazda:

But I'm still straining my mind for further details to add...

OC Profiles
Yagami Hayate: ver. GenerationS; Part 1, Part 2
Old 2007-12-12, 11:01   Link #17639
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
I seriously have never heard of this before
Well, I read a lot of obscure stuff.

It never ceases to surprise me how some things can get animated, and some, not.

Quote:
Wait, you want me to throw Tesla and a baby into an escape pod, launch the pod, and have her and the baby bond?
Not really...

Just the end result that made the rest go .

Quote:
*scribble scribble* I knew SS04 would prove more interesting then we thought. I haven't listened to it myself (and I'll only be aple to piece together about 30% of the japanese, maybe 70 if I'm lucky anyway).
It's not really that interesting. The succession of skills (( Teana getting SLB, etc )), Nanoha's eventual corrosion, Hayate finally admitting once and clearly that her success was due to her staff and not her, and that TSAB politics can be pretty big of assholes are about it.

Quote:
This is one of the most ridiculous teasers I've ever posted.

Spoiler for teaser:

Don't say I didn't warn you when I said Dark Widuri will act DARINGLY hot.

*runs*

Quote:
Which reminds me, how long d we have to wait until you can continue your Saga in StrikerS stories?
Hmm...

Spoiler for Random:

And for the sake of randomness... Mahou Shoujo: Tanuki (Racoon) Hayate!!!

Quote:
Spoiler for Mahou Shoujo: Tanuki (Racoon) Hayate!!!:
Hayate: Mm... this tastes quite good, Agito.

Agito: Tha...thank you for the compliment... Danna used to enjoy it as well.

Vita: What is this dark roasted meat anyway?

Agito: It's racoon meat, roasted with gravy and potatoes.

Hayate: Umph!

Quote:
BTW, CLANNAD 10 is filled with Kotomi-MOE! She's incredibly cute!

"Ijimeru? Ijimeru?!"

Too much purple hair and eyes, though. @_@
I'm not big on her genius, abnormal moe but I've got to admit, the preview with her going 'nandayare' was gold.

Quote:
And regarding StrikerS Sound Stage 4, Vita's song, "Shinkou no Hana" (Crimson Flower) is EXTREME WIN!!!

Quote:
Damn youuuuuu 3600000000.

[QUOTE=Estavali;1295002]Regarding the Belkan System:

Spoiler for Length:

Well, it's mostly stuff we already know about, but thanks.

The one thing I really want to know is how 'A.Belkans' like Carim and Acous are labeled and all that. Surely it must be more than just their Rare Skills, otherwise Wolkenritter wouldn't be Ancient other than the fact they're ancient.

Quote:

Spoiler for Katrina:

Bluecheese. And nice shop by Lowe. C.C ftw.

Well, her history seems okay for most parts. Seems like Part II will be quite interesting as well.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2007-12-12, 11:05   Link #17640
Jimmy C

Quote:
Spoiler:
I think the first paragraph with when and where Katrina was born is missing from the profile.
Closed Thread