AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2008-01-11, 21:05   Link #521
harukamae
だんご大家族の一人

Send a message via MSN to harukamae
Wow, I was completely blown away by this game - I was so hooked by the final path that I didn't realize how late it had gotten until I finished! This is easily my favorite visual novel.

Spoiler for Thoughs on Coco path:

I also felt this game was nice because it's accessible for people who've not yet played a renai game or visual novel. There's so much to it one can enjoy it whether you're interested in the possible romances or not.

Has anyone else done the other ~infinity games? I know Wiki says they're in the same universe, but is there anything else common between the games?

Also,
Spoiler for Tsugumi/Sora epilogue...:

Now if KyoAni would just animate this game...

Last edited by harukamae; 2008-01-11 at 23:12.
harukamae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-11, 21:35   Link #522
Elvin

Quote:
Originally Posted by harukamae View Post
Now if KyoAni would just animate this game...

That'd never work;

Spoiler for ending storyline:
Elvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-11, 22:01   Link #523
Featherine B.
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
*Author

Almost done with Sora's good ending. So far, I love it. That whole concept of artificial intelligence who doesn't know what love is until... well, you know.
It's a bit soon, but I wanted to focus on some points that were kind of disappointing in my opinion. Don't get me wrong after reading this; I love this game. But of course Ever 17 isn't perfect, so I had to point out some things here and there that didn't please me so much thus far.

Spoiler for Containes spoilers concerning Sora's and Tsugumi's paths:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvin View Post
Spoiler:
Old 2008-01-11, 22:12   Link #524
harukamae
だんご大家族の一人

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvin View Post
That'd never work;

Gah, good point - that completely slipped my mind. A lot of the suspense would be lost without that aspect kept secret...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernkastel
Grammar and other errors : Um... I was very pleased with the translation overall, but, geez, how many of grammar errors are there in this game ?! Didn't they have someone to check their translations ? That's awful. A lot of "your" instead of "you're", lots of missing letters or even words, and I also noticed a lot of extra question marks that popped up in some sentences. Well, that's... not good. Not good at all.
That was always one of Hirameki's weaknesses, but towards the end, they seemed to have improved a lot over their earlier games.
Old 2008-01-11, 22:21   Link #525
Grimkill7
Inattentive Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernkastel View Post
Spoiler:
Honestly, it's a good thing you didn't understand it. The spoiler under Elvin's tag concerns possibly the biggest plot twist in the game. You learning it prematurely would have ruined all the fun of the final route.
Grimkill7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-12, 08:49   Link #526
4as
ForUs

Send a message via MSN to 4as
Quote:
It's a bit soon, but I wanted to focus on some points that were kind of disappointing in my opinion. Don't get me wrong after reading this; I love this game. But of course Ever 17 isn't perfect, so I had to point out some things here and there that didn't please me so much thus far.

Spoiler for Containes spoilers concerning Sora's and Tsugumi's paths:

Something not normal? Well, Takeshi somewhat understood her and forgive that.
Huh, people cant identify with character and end up saying it is inconsistent, but truth is everyone's different - Takeshi acted this way and, I think, so would I.

As for music and seiyuus, I think they are perfrect.
4as is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-12, 12:57   Link #527
Featherine B.
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimkill7 View Post
Honestly, it's a good thing you didn't understand it. The spoiler under Elvin's tag concerns possibly the biggest plot twist in the game. You learning it prematurely would have ruined all the fun of the final route.
Spoiler for Just to make sure:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4as View Post
Something not normal? Well, Takeshi somewhat understood her and forgive that.
Huh, people cant identify with character and end up saying it is inconsistent, but truth is everyone's different - Takeshi acted this way and, I think, so would I.
I understand, it's just my opinion on it. I just think that if I were him, I wouldn't have acted that way.
... Meh. Maybe I'm just thinking too much.

Anyway, I finished Sora's good ending. I might be the only one to think that way, but I actually liked her good path more than Tsugumi's. Don't ask me why, I don't exactly know. The endings were kinda similar (in the way that it's supposed to be a good ending, yet it is tragic), yet I prefered Sora's to Tsugumi's.
Spoiler for Sora:

Last edited by Featherine B.; 2008-01-12 at 14:55.
Featherine B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-12, 14:55   Link #528
rg4619

Music is definitely lacklustre by the standards of PC visual novels. This is partly because it was originally done using PS2 synth, but the compositions are overly simplistic too.

Aside from the low bitrate (which leaves everything sounding hollow), I like the voiceovers.
rg4619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-12, 20:29   Link #529
p997tt
= Porsche 997 Twin Turbo

I made a simple video with Flash for Sora a couple of days ago and uploaded it on youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0n3jFeLw9D0

The music I used there was Never Never Sky, which is Sora's song from the vocal album. The song is sung by Hiroko Kasahara, Sora's voice actress who is also a singer in Japan. Youtube degraded the audio quality a lot though.

Don't watch it if you haven't completed Sora's route though.

Last edited by p997tt; 2008-01-12 at 20:45.
p997tt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-13, 00:23   Link #530
dsp2003

Quote:
Originally Posted by rg4619 View Post
Music ... was originally done using PS2 synth ...
Reeeeeally? O_O I didn't knew that. I'm familiar with several tracker ("Amiga" & Demoscene music - MOD,S3M,XM,IT) formats (actually, it's my favourite kind of music). Could please someone drop me the tracks in their original (not WAF\WAV\MP3) format? ^___^ The purpose is: i wish to try to convert them into ImpulseTracker format and (probably) filter several samples.
dsp2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-13, 12:27   Link #531
harukamae
だんご大家族の一人

Quote:
Originally Posted by p997tt View Post
I made a simple video with Flash for Sora a couple of days ago and uploaded it on youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0n3jFeLw9D0

The music I used there was Never Never Sky, which is Sora's song from the vocal album. The song is sung by Hiroko Kasahara, Sora's voice actress who is also a singer in Japan. Youtube degraded the audio quality a lot though.

Don't watch it if you haven't completed Sora's route though.
That was such a cute video! I love the song. For some reason it made me think of the narcissu 2nd side opening.

I'm now wondering just how big Ever17 was in Japan - didn't know they had character vocal albums. But then again it seems like every series/game gets character vocals or drama CDs these days...
Old 2008-01-14, 18:54   Link #532
Archuka
A territory most absolute

Quote:
Spoiler for Just to make sure:
I liked her path as well. In fact, she may be my favourite character of all, though Tsugumi is way up there a well.

Spoiler:
Archuka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-14, 23:31   Link #533
Grimkill7
Inattentive Dreamer

After treading in this thread for a while, I decided to reinstall Ever 17 and play through it again. I'm currently working on Tsugumi's path, and I have a question.
Spoiler for Tsugumi's path:
Grimkill7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-15, 18:28   Link #534
kgptzac
Summoner of the Third Eye

Quote:
After treading in this thread for a while, I decided to reinstall Ever 17 and play through it again. I'm currently working on Tsugumi's path, and I have a question.
Spoiler:
kgptzac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-16, 10:48   Link #535
Chewy

Quote:
The conclusion drawn by some people was that the boy who contracted CURE they mention in Never7 (sorry it's been a while since I've played so I don't remember the details) is the kid with Tsugumi in the hospital. I don't remember it being that big of a deal though, just a "ah that's cool" connection.
Chewy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-16, 14:58   Link #536
Takuto19
Yarrrr

I have a question about endings.

Got my copy in the mail on Saturday and i've been doing my first playthrough on Tsugumi's path, although i got the ending.....

Spoiler for Tsugumi ending:

Thanks
Old 2008-01-16, 15:01   Link #537
Rayneing
Trombe!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takuto19 View Post
I have a question about endings.

Got my copy in the mail on Saturday and i've been doing my first playthrough on Tsugumi's path, although i got the ending.....

Spoiler for Tsugumi ending:

Thanks
Spoiler for Endings:

If I remember correctly.
Rayneing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-16, 15:11   Link #538
Takuto19
Yarrrr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayneing View Post
Spoiler for Endings:

If I remember correctly.

Thanks so much, this helps alot heh.
Old 2008-01-17, 05:17   Link #539
Xaron

I just finished this game yesterday. Loved the ending so much... I cried for an hour (I know, I'm over emotional )

Spoiler for tsugumi epilogue:
Xaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-17, 17:56   Link #540
p997tt
= Porsche 997 Twin Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by harukamae View Post
That was such a cute video! I love the song. For some reason it made me think of the narcissu 2nd side opening.

I'm now wondering just how big Ever17 was in Japan - didn't know they had character vocal albums. But then again it seems like every series/game gets character vocals or drama CDs these days...
That was one of my favourite songs from the album too. Most people I hear like Tsugumi's image song more but I like Hiroko's voice more.

I don't know how big Ever17 was in Japan but its rank is still extremely high on erogamescape (it is still beating all the big titles like Air, FSN, Tsukihime, Higurashi etc) and there was even an Ever17 bus for promotion http://ryoko-a.sakura.ne.jp/ever17bus.htm :P
p997tt is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
visual novel