Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-02-01, 13:16   Link #1501
Amirali
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Amirali
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elegant Destruction View Post
Naruto is a typical 'boys manga' you can't really say the same for Bleach.
Elle, please don't say that. I took up Bleach as a boyish, geeky expression of simplistic violence and cool action. It loses the macho when someone points out that it actually has a decent story and good characterizations .

Quote:
i do like ORIHIME as a character.
Quote:
I truly believe she has a crush, in her usual sweet, innocent, and somewhat creepy way, but just a crush.
Why is unrequited love so creepy ? I have sympathy for Orihime because she's going through the most painful teenage experience.......having an important person who hardly knows her. Just as Rukia transformed Ichigo's life (as has been discussed at great length), he changed Orihime's. Saved her life multiple times, put her beloved brother to rest, triggered her powers, gave her lonely life some direction. It's only natural that she would fall for him (doesn't hurt that he's handsome). It's not like she's stalking some random stranger just because he's cute ..........now that might be creepy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiibi View Post
Yeah, a crush is like how you feel about the cute person sitting behind you in sixth grade. Love is all about sacrifice and dedication and positive influence.
That actually supports my point. She's sacrificed enough risking her life and freedom that she deserves to be taken seriously (as wondermike pointed out earlier). What more can she dedicate besides that? Most 6th-graders may say they're willing to die for their squeeze........I rather doubt any would go through with it. As for positive influence, like I said above, Ichigo has made a tremendous impact on her life. Admittedly, she hasn't been an earth-shattering influence on him...........but if she's willing to die for her feelings......I won't trivialize them as being fake or a mere crush.

What further earns my respect is the mature way she's handled her unreturned feelings. Instead of resenting Rukia, she's trained with her and risked her life trying to save her (in SS arc). Her healing powers have helped save Ichigo and co time after time. Really, what more could one expect of Orihime? That she should kill herself so that she's out of the way? Or stop trying to fight alongside Ichigo and co, basically admitting that she can't get stronger?

Personally, even though I'm not an Ichi-Ori fan.........I'd respect her less if she changed her feelings so easily. He should be important in her heart for what he's done for her.........and I'm sure that she has the strength to move on, if and when Ichigo declares his feelings for Rukia publicly. Time and hunks like Grimm and Ulqi will heal any wounds of the heart she might suffer.

P.S: That rant wasn't meant for you Elle; I know you're an Orihime fan. Just that I wanted to get that off my chest for a while now. No offence meant.

Last edited by Amirali; 2008-02-02 at 14:12.
Old 2008-02-01, 15:53   Link #1502
MalikIshtal
The Lurker

When we were first introduced to Orihime I never liked her. She was the typical big titted sow with the IQ of watery ejaculate. For the most part she proved this true with her massive crushing and wet dreaming over her "Kurosaki-kun" to the point of borderline obessessing combined with her mostly pants on head retarded dialogue.

Nothing was particularly likable about the big bosomed mangafication of Mother Teresa because she was a boring character with no depth or dimension. A virtuous flower child who was pure and nice to a fault is not exactly going to make me like a character, not exactly asking for sassy bad ass chick but at least spice her up a bit D:

Her "twue luv" for "Kurosaki-kun" was best described as a cross between Shinobu's fawning over "Keitaro-Sempai" in Love Hina and Hinata Hyuga's crushing over "Naruto kun" and while at times it was cute for the most part it was boring and typical of shy girl "no speaka" to guy she "wuvs". Even after she professes her love to a vegetative Ichigo she hasn't exactly proved that her ZOMG LURV is geniune honest to goodness love. When you have to be reassured by Nel of all people that your precious "Kurosaki-kun" is still the same even when in Vaizard mode it makes me question the depth and sincerity of her profession of true love. Yes I understand she was scared of seeing this side of Ichigo but she needed a good kick in the arse to realize that her idealistic image of Ichigo that she fell in love with isn't exactly true

Despite her faults I am satisifed that the writer is trying to make Orihime a stronger and likable character. She is at least less one dimensional then before and has become more bold and assertive. Does that mean I expect to see Orihime and Ichigo begin to squirt babies by the truck load? No, it is definately far from that point, Orihime has a lot of growth as a person and with Ichigo before I consider her a viable contender for Ichigo's affection

Rukia isn't much closer to Ichigo's affection either, sure she cares for him and they had a lot of scenes that can be seen as declarations of love or good friend looking out for Ichigo, depending on where you stand with it, but there hasn't been one single scene that the 9 year old loli bait just blurts out "I like/love/want Ichigo" or implied by someone that has spoken with her and vice versa. It is not rare to see the more popular pairing in a series to be dumb down to brother/sister relationship in favor of the Mary Sue character of the story winning the heart of the protagonist. Its a real shame and not fair but what is in life?

So in short just wait and see what the writer decides to do with Orihime and Rukia as far as their own personal growth and development with Ichigo is concerned
Old 2008-02-01, 16:59   Link #1503
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalikIshtal View Post
Even after she professes her love to a vegetative Ichigo she hasn't exactly proved that her ZOMG LURV is geniune honest to goodness love. When you have to be reassured by Nel of all people that your precious "Kurosaki-kun" is still the same even when in Vaizard mode it makes me question the depth and sincerity of her profession of true love. Yes I understand she was scared of seeing this side of Ichigo but she needed a good kick in the arse to realize that her idealistic image of Ichigo that she fell in love with isn't exactly true.
I see your point on this but to be fair, that was Orihime's first time seeing Ichigo fight with the mask on, while Nel had seen the mask come out twice before and knew the affects weren't permanent. Caring about someone isn't about blindly admiring them no matter what (i.e. Hinamori's "love" for Aizen). You can be horrified at what someone has become and still love them.

I actually saw Orihime's doubt there in a positive light. Someone who cared less about Ichigo may have been happy seeing the mask just realizing it gave Ichigo more power to fight Grimmjow (and therefore increase their chances of being rescued) rather than consider the negative affects the mask might have on Ichigo.

But other than that I agreed with most of your post. Pretty good.

Old 2008-02-02, 00:37   Link #1504
Amirali
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Amirali
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu View Post
I actually saw Orihime's doubt there in a positive light. Someone who cared less about Ichigo may have been happy seeing the mask just realizing it gave Ichigo more power to fight Grimmjow (and therefore increase their chances of being rescued) rather than consider the negative affects the mask might have on Ichigo.
Agreed. Considering that Ichigo himself was scared by his hollow side for a long time, I don't think it's wrong that Orihime would be worried by it also. Recall, she saw when he was fighting Yammi that his reiatsu was rough and darkened, and then she saw him suddenly unable to fight (because of hollow influence). So she knows at least vaguely that his powers have been troubled. Even now, like Hichigo said, if Ichi ever slips up.........he'll take over again. I think it's only natural that Orihime should be concerned for him.
Old 2008-02-02, 01:17   Link #1505
sorbet
vicious fan

I think this is gonna be spoilers...and I'm arguing against IchiOri here.

Spoiler for well, spoiler:
Old 2008-02-02, 09:44   Link #1506
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorbet View Post
I think this is gonna be spoilers...and I'm arguing against IchiOri here.

Spoiler for well, spoiler:
Spoiler:

Old 2008-02-02, 13:05   Link #1507
MalikIshtal
The Lurker

Spoiler for ::
Old 2008-02-02, 14:01   Link #1508
Nu Gundam

Quote:
When we were first introduced to Orihime I never liked her. She was the typical big titted sow with the IQ of watery ejaculate.

Ranked 3rd in her Class.

Quote:
Orihime had this picture perfect image of Ichigo as painfully shown throughout the series. It's the whole bloody foundation of her love for the orange haired strawberry.

I don't quite get this, when you say "Perfect image" do you mean she.... I don't even know what to suggest.....!

Orihme was scared of Ichigo.

Quote:
Why poeple still bringing up 'Orihime was scare for Ichigo' here? Orihme was scared of Ichigo.
I'm going to sound like a dick here, but, uh, How do you know that?

Quote:
It's not something you do for a 'canon' pairing.

I hate making posts like this, but you don't know that. There hasn't been any real examples of 'love' (Mutual, Proper, Getting married kinda thing) That you can use as a precedent. As a result, you have nothing to compare it to. Maybe Kubo Tite would rather have the love unfold that way? Who knows!
Old 2008-02-02, 14:33   Link #1509
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nu Gundam View Post
Ranked 3rd in her Class.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kakashi-genius View Post
Inoue got 3rd in her class so she is fairly clever. A
There is something called Book smarts and Street Smarts . IQ is not taken over power of reproduction of matter . Japanese education system gives more emphasis on reproduction of matter . Even autistic people are known to posses book smarts

Quote:
Kim Peek has a photographic or eidetic memory and developmental disabilities, possibly resulting from congenital brain abnormalities. He was the inspiration for the character of Raymond Babbit, played by Dustin Hoffman, in the movie Rain Man.
And why we say she is far from being intelligent , well she has acted nothing but intelligent in the whole manga . if we start calling Inoue intelligent it would seriously be insulting to characters like Ishida
Old 2008-02-02, 17:43   Link #1510
Nu Gundam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geta Boshi View Post
There is something called Book smarts and Street Smarts . IQ is not taken over power of reproduction of matter . Japanese education system gives more emphasis on reproduction of matter . Even autistic people are known to posses book smarts

Yeah, but "Street Smarts" are irrelevent when talking about IQ, which is directly correlated with "Book Smarts"
Old 2008-02-02, 18:07   Link #1511
MalikIshtal
The Lurker

Sorry about the double post internet was acting rather stupid around that time.

The IQ bit referred to when we were first introduced to her, at this point we were uninformed of her book smarts. In my statement I clearly referred to her first introduction and my first impression of her.

I later pointed out my satisfaction on her growth and development so she doesn't look like she was hit in the head with a bat made out of frozen stupid.

Also what I meant is that orihime has this whole image of what she percieves Ichigo to be, the silent but good hearted scowling face tough manly orange haired man. She never could have fathomed in her little fantasy world a vicious or dark side within Ichigo, this side of Ichigo was such a 180 from her image of Ichigo that she even wondered if that was Ichigo right in front of her.
Old 2008-02-02, 18:41   Link #1512
Nu Gundam

Quote:
Sorry about the double post internet was acting rather stupid around that time.

The IQ bit referred to when we were first introduced to her, at this point we were uninformed of her book smarts. In my statement I clearly referred to her first introduction and my first impression of her.

And shortly thereafter, we are informed of her underlying intelligence.

Quote:

Also what I meant is that orihime has this whole image of what she percieves Ichigo to be, the silent but good hearted scowling face tough manly orange haired man. She never could have fathomed in her little fantasy world a vicious or dark side within Ichigo, this side of Ichigo was such a 180 from her image of Ichigo that she even wondered if that was Ichigo right in front of her.

You have a point.....sort of.....but, where do you get this from? I don't remember this being stated anywhere.....

Last edited by Nu Gundam; 2008-02-02 at 18:43. Reason: Double Posting is bad......
Old 2008-02-02, 19:35   Link #1513
MalikIshtal
The Lurker

Old 2008-02-02, 19:58   Link #1514
Nu Gundam

Quote:

Ahhh, I see. Thanks.
Old 2008-02-03, 01:27   Link #1515
Marsala
Delurker

Quote:
Spoiler:
Old 2008-02-03, 02:55   Link #1516
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:

Spoiler:

Old 2008-02-03, 03:00   Link #1517
VaLerie-xX

Well i dun really no, i think Ichigo would end up with Orihime
and Rukia would end up with Renji
Old 2008-02-03, 03:04   Link #1518
MalikIshtal
The Lurker

Spoiler for :

Last edited by MalikIshtal; 2008-02-03 at 13:59.
Old 2008-02-03, 11:04   Link #1519
Kakashi
カカシ

Send a message via MSN to Kakashi
I wonder how much Kubo enjoys thinking this stuff up at night. I agree with the above. Hopefully Orihimes character will unfold now.
Old 2008-02-03, 14:01   Link #1520
MalikIshtal
The Lurker

Also incase anyone is wondering if I am pro IchiOri or pro IchiRuki. I am neither, I am pro good story telling, and if either pairing is well written and convincing then I am satisfied regardless of who Ichigo ends up with if anyone at all
Closed Thread