Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-02-09, 22:06   Link #1
tbl
Affably Evil

Cool, calm and calculating male protagonist

Hi, I'm looking for a manga with a protagonist who is male and has a cool, calm and calculating personality (alliteration is fun, though in this case, entirely incidental). In other words, the opposite of Naruto (apart from the male and protagonist features of the character).

I'm thinking along the lines of:
Code Geass - Lelouch
Death Note - Light
Island - Pan
Ubel Blatt - Koinzel
Kaze no Stigma - Kazuma
Sanctuary - Hojo and Asami
Hellsing - Alucard
Spiral - Ayumu Narumi
Kurosagi - Kurosaki/Kurosagi
Team Medical Dragon - Dr. Asada

Thanks.
Destroy. Destroy. Destroy. Slowly, completely, gently beyond comparison, cruelly to the point of numbness, I'll violate your life. That's right. The instant I rip off your limbs, tear open your rib and pull out your intestines, biting into your neck as you scream in agony, chewing through your eyes as I ignore your pleas for mercy and spreading your brains on the ground like butter! I am sane, well more or less

Old 2008-02-09, 22:19   Link #2
xplicitz

Akumetsu- Goes around killing "bad" people believing that he's serving justice etc, somewhat like Light I guess.

Id- Not really the "cool" type but he's strong, calm during battle and has confidence with his fighting abilities.

Superior- iunno

I can't seem to think of any other right now, well hope you enjoy those although none of them can compare that much to the ones you've listed imo
Old 2008-02-09, 22:24   Link #3
tbl
Affably Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by xplicitz View Post
Akumetsu- Goes around killing "bad" people believing that he's serving justice etc, somewhat like Light I guess.

Id- Not really the "cool" type but he's strong, calm during battle and has confidence with his fighting abilities.

Superior- iunno

I can't seem to think of any other right now, well hope you enjoy those although none of them can compare that much to the ones you've listed imo
Akumetsu - Like Light in terms of justice, but he didn't really seem all that cool and calm.

Id - He looks like a she, a definite minus for me.

Superior - The Hero fits kind of.
Destroy. Destroy. Destroy. Slowly, completely, gently beyond comparison, cruelly to the point of numbness, I'll violate your life. That's right. The instant I rip off your limbs, tear open your rib and pull out your intestines, biting into your neck as you scream in agony, chewing through your eyes as I ignore your pleas for mercy and spreading your brains on the ground like butter! I am sane, well more or less

Old 2008-02-09, 22:57   Link #4
Crystal_Method
I want dreads...
*Artist

Eden - main protagonist is a wuss at first, but later he becomes very reliant and somewhat stoic.
Historie - main character is powerful, intelligent, calm, and a great strategist.
Pluto - main character is a special robot classified as one of the 7 best robots ever made in the story.
Vinland Saga - the protagonist has a one track mind, but he is very instinctual and capable in the hairiest of situations.
Chunchu - main character doesn't really talk much, but he is powerful and doesn't show much emotion in any situation.
Old 2008-02-09, 23:41   Link #5
Telmah

Send a message via AIM to Telmah Send a message via MSN to Telmah
Syaoran from the Tsubasa Chronicles. He's forced to basically give up the most important thing to him, and has to have a soul of ice to fulfill the staggering mission in front of him. Syaoran is very straightforward and serious, and moves methodically towards his goals.
Closed Thread