AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2004-03-24, 00:07   Link #121
eXistenZ
pls..crac...anime need

even tho i said i was gonna have to think, i dont think one bit of the story should be changed or added too. Very NGE-ish as i said but it differed from NGE in that instead of escaping into the world of the mind and heart it went straight to the matter.

the countess chose cleaninsing of the world, what she wanted in her heart. thats were it also diferentiates between NGE, NGE more importantly shinji choose the world of hate and ego and love and seperation and seeking, the countess chose a fresh start without these things, without the humanity that we all know. Tho it did leave what ifs in the mind, it left fulfillment for me.

This series goes onto my Favorites of all time.
NGE
Ghost In The Shell
Akira
Gilgamesh
Saikano
Macross Plus
Noir
Gunslinger Girl
Lain
Last Exile
Haibane Renmie
Initial D
Witch Hunter Robin
Peace Maker Kurogane(even tho one more episode to go.)
Naruto as well coz well i like the story
Full Metal Alchemist
Macross Zero

Last edited by eXistenZ; 2004-03-24 at 00:09. Reason: to add 2 more series to my favs
eXistenZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-24, 00:09   Link #122
Tofusensei

Send a message via AIM to Tofusensei
"For instance, what exactly was Gilgamesh and more importantly, why did the countess say in an earlier episode that Gilgamesh is time?"

When was that said, exactly? I edited all 26 eps of the show and I don't remember that line... Makes me think either I was oblivious or there was a translation error somewhere?

-Tofu
Tofusensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-24, 01:17   Link #123
wsheit
Combating Spoiler Scum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tofusensei
"For instance, what exactly was Gilgamesh and more importantly, why did the countess say in an earlier episode that Gilgamesh is time?"

When was that said, exactly? I edited all 26 eps of the show and I don't remember that line... Makes me think either I was oblivious or there was a translation error somewhere?

-Tofu
I remember it quite clearly- it was somewhere back around episode 7-9
She said that Gilgamesh was not a person or thing but instead, time.

Maybe I'm crazy, but if so then I've been crazy for a long time- i had been waiting for a response to that comment
wsheit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-24, 01:30   Link #124
Tofusensei

Quote:
Originally Posted by wsheit

Maybe I'm crazy, but if so then I've been crazy for a long time- i had been waiting for a response to that comment
Hmm... I really don't know... I wish you knew where exactly it was, then I could tell you if she really said that or not so you won't have to go on wondering, hehe

-Tofu
Old 2004-03-24, 01:48   Link #125
kanazuchi

Send a message via AIM to kanazuchi
damnit, I need to get this series out of my head! Tis making me think way too much...
kanazuchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-24, 02:15   Link #126
Ledgem
Love Yourself

I don't recall hearing a line that Gilgamesh was time, either... at first I thought maybe it was difference in trans versions between L-E and AF-F but Tofu says he doesn't remember it either.

Spoiler:

By the way, someone made a reference to Tear being God, I found that interesting. I wouldn't really make it myself, and I don't think Tear was intended to represent God, but it's interesting nontheless.

Actually, while I have this post here:
Spoiler:

Last edited by Ledgem; 2004-03-24 at 03:35.
Ledgem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-24, 09:14   Link #127
Eolair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ledgem
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Eolair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-24, 10:04   Link #128
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

Quote:
By the way, someone made a reference to Tear being God, I found that interesting. I wouldn't really make it myself, and I don't think Tear was intended to represent God, but it's interesting nontheless.
Actually I was not thinking about the Judo-Christian God when I said that TEAR being God. I mean, Gilgamesh was half-man half-god, so TEAR should be full-god. But then it's TEAR's will for the re-evolution of the world, and the root of the Cleansing Flood, so I guess you could say TEAR is somewhat like the Judo-Christian God...
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-24, 10:05   Link #129
Green²
It's bacon!

Quote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

But then again, I might be just making all of this stuff up as I try to search for these answers.
Green² is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-24, 10:09   Link #130
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

Quote:
Actually, while I have this post here:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-24, 11:45   Link #131
Tofusensei

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamless
Spoiler:
Actually, that matches her mouth movement in japanese perfectly. (which would be pronounced AH-SO-BO). I think you might be right.

-Tofu
Old 2004-03-24, 16:27   Link #132
tsurumaru
I refuse to die dammit!

Hmm, yeah I loved the tuning fork ending.

A couple of points:

The epic of Gilgamesh is one of the worlds oldest stories, part of it deals with the theme of God sending a cleansing flood to wash away the evil of humanity and is very similar to the story of Noah's Ark (and yet written before it).

Spoiler:
tsurumaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-24, 19:43   Link #133
Ledgem
Love Yourself

Spoiler:
Old 2004-03-24, 20:55   Link #134
SketchyMcChips

Quote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

There are so many angles to the ending, i think i'm still processing them all myself so i can't post too much more at the moment - i think it might be worthwhile watching again to see if i can make some more judgements on it
SketchyMcChips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-24, 22:03   Link #135
FromageTheDog
Sazabi

Quote:
For starter, I think we can try to discuss some specific questions about the ending that we feel some difficulty understanding... like,
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

What I wonder is, what's the point of the Gilgamesh-lings at all? Other than to destroy Turangarila [sp], they didn't seem to serve much purpose other than for the cool factor. Everyone seemed just about powerless to do anything about the sky falling (I love that imagery, by the way), so other than to facilitate stuff blowing up and the occasional visits from the Brat police, they seem contrived.

Quote:
Oh, and I think that
Spoiler:
is absolutely fantastic
Spoiler:

Thanks for a considered response to my admittedly unfair initial outburst...

- Fromage
FromageTheDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-25, 00:39   Link #136
naantje
Annoyance :)

let me be the first to say, that ending fucking sucked.. i dont CARE how much biblical thingies there are and how "deep" it actually is.. they absolutely ruined it in the last 2 eps.. i mean " hey i dunno how i want to story to progress, oh wait lets just kill everyone and leave tons of "wakaranai's(sp)" in the story"

BLEH
naantje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-25, 01:55   Link #137
kanazuchi

Send a message via AIM to kanazuchi
I thought the ending was awesome, but I hated it at the same time. If that gets me down, I wonder what Saikano'g gonna do to me when I get around to watching it...
kanazuchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-25, 03:08   Link #138
Ledgem
Love Yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by naantje
let me be the first to say, that ending fucking sucked.. i dont CARE how much biblical thingies there are and how "deep" it actually is..
Differences of opinion, I suppose. Some people like their anime to be completely laid out, everything explained, totally clear. Others like trifling through symbolism and trying to fill in the holes themselves. At the least, it does lead to some interesting conversations that would otherwise just be idle commentary.

Yes, episode 26 was a rush, but I didn't feel like it felt forced or rushed at all. Despite how screwed up it is, I think it's one of the most beautifully done anime episodes I've ever seen, and I must have rewatched it some three or four times now.
Old 2004-03-25, 08:08   Link #139
tkcom
Killjoy-sama

Despite the poor graphic (the reason why many turned down this at the very beginning), the only thing I can say about it is: BLOODY BRILLIANT! and I'm glad I did put my faith on it when it was first released and stick to it to the very end.

BRAVO!
tkcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-25, 10:41   Link #140
Grifis
Eternal Dreamer

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by wsheit

I remember something about Gilgamesh being 'matter' and 'anti-matter'??? o.O Not that I know what that means...

Grifis
Grifis is offline   Reply With Quote