Old 2008-03-01, 22:48   Link #881
siber222000
미, 미, 미 미쿠루빔~!!!

is it only me that think
Spoiler:
ending is possible for this? =_+....
Old 2008-03-01, 22:54   Link #882
DanielSong39

More likely in True Tears, siber222000. The characters in that show hit new lows with each passing episode.

Myself; Yourself had a GOLDEN opportunity to go in that direction and blew it - I have a feeling that we won't see a show like that for quite some time.
DanielSong39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-02, 00:37   Link #883
Davidj

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post

Though if she is gone shouldn't Hirose's eyesight have left since it was her 'power' doing it and even mentioning some episodes ago that he was running out of time. Or did he lose his eyesight and then he regain it between episodes and they felt it wasn't necessary to show us that ?
Well his blindness was always psychosomatic so I suppose if he hadn't learned to "take charge" then it would have returned. Incidentally isn't this show kind of like Higurashi, only with fewer people being tortured to death?
Davidj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-02, 02:38   Link #884
therationalpi

I'm wondering where the show is going to go now.
Spoiler for Episode 9:

Right now is where I think the show could really start to differentiate itself. The first episode had a real distinct flavor, with Hirose being the blind protagonist. After they removed that, though, we had some fun but simplistic stories for the characters revealed, and the expected build up of romantic tension.

Things could take a turn for the tragic. The village could turn on Kohinata and all hell could break loose.

Alternatively, we could see Hirose's sight start to disappear again. I would like to see a return to that, and note the change in his attitude after this interlude of having vision again.

With 3 episodes left, I think it's pretty clear that some sort of a new plot element is going to have to make itself known.
Old 2008-03-02, 02:46   Link #885
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
Did anyone get the feeling that episode 9 had really good animation? And also, I'm really liking this series now. It still have a tragic sense that will need to be taken care of in a correct manner so the series doesn't have a bad ending.

EDIT: Yeah, this sort of goes with what therationalpi is saying. I have a feeling that there's something else, but I'm not sure if we will see another Myself ; Yourself ending.
KholdStare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-02, 02:54   Link #886
DanielSong39

We will NOT see a Myself; Yourself ending as Hayami is several levels above Nanaka and Takuma and Hayami don't look like the suicidal type. I don't think we will see twincest or lesbian stalker, either...
DanielSong39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-02, 03:00   Link #887
Zippicus

I feel kind of ripped off on this whole blindness thing. As far as I can tell, the only effect his blindness had was to enable a scene in episode 1 where he was able to fondle Hotaru with his cane.
Zippicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-02, 04:26   Link #888
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielSong39 View Post
We will NOT see a Myself; Yourself ending as Hayami is several levels above Nanaka and Takuma and Hayami don't look like the suicidal type. I don't think we will see twincest or lesbian stalker, either...
Thank you for answering a little humorous thought with bias. I was saying how I didn't want it to turn out that way, since the romance plot kinda ended and now Hayami's life is threatened or something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippicus View Post
I feel kind of ripped off on this whole blindness thing. As far as I can tell, the only effect his blindness had was to enable a scene in episode 1 where he was able to fondle Hotaru with his cane.
I don't even remember when he was blind, lol. So far I don't see how that will play into the plot yet, or if it will...
KholdStare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-02, 07:27   Link #889
ReizoSan
Make Your Move

Quote:
Originally Posted by siber222000 View Post
is it only me that think
Spoiler:
ending is possible for this? =_+....
Spoiler for response + theory:

WOW , through the past episode have been very average and i was kind of getting bored with this anime but then episode 9 comes along and to be honest it was really good, amazing ending but overall the episode was nicely done so there is still some hope for this anime yet .
ReizoSan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-02, 07:52   Link #890
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
NB end? What in blazes hell can you be smoking?

Far from it actually...at most I can see a bitter/sweet ending but generally a happy one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by therationalpi View Post
Things could take a turn for the tragic. The village could turn on Kohinata and all hell could break loose.

Alternatively, we could see Hirose's sight start to disappear again. I would like to see a return to that, and note the change in his attitude after this interlude of having vision again.
I like the idea about his eyes failing again. But here might be a reason why they may not.

Consider that his loss of eyesight was only a psychological thing (something in his head that caused him to believe that he is blind), with what has happened up til now it could be possible that he has bypassed that psychological trauma which allows him to be able to see even without the "magic spell" put on him by Otoha. Hence he may be pass the stage where he has been mind raped all this time and thus won't be going blind.

However, I would like to see whether if the thought of his past catching up to him will affect his sight, and how this leads to hayami taking care of him or better yet, help him regain his sight whilst along the way strengthening their bond together.

The bitter/sweet end would be for takuma to remain blind whilst the good end would be for him to not be. I really can't see any deaths coming up and if it is so, I would feel that it is a cheap way to give shock drama

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-02, 08:36   Link #891
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Where the heck did all this talk of suicide and School Days come from????????

This is not School Days. Hell, it's not even Myself; Yourself, which was far from School Days itself. Unless Brocolli and the rest of the staff completely go insane and go for a ridiculous ending that totally goes against the series they've been building up, this will be a happy ending. Maybe slightly bittersweet (Takuma losing his sight again is a definite possibility), and I'm quite convinced that we're going to see some more angry mob attacks before H2O is over, but all this talk of main character suicide and crap is stupid. Seriously. This series has in no way been near that level of dark. For God's sake, can we please freaking move past School Days?! That series is over and gone. "School Days" is not gonna happen here, provided the staff don't go totally idiotic and cop out on us.

And yes, I find it very annoying to see talk of School Days cropping up in discussions of every drama anime since. School Days was not that good a series for everybody and his brother to go oogly over it and copycat it. The only real reason people still remember it is because of the bloody ending of the anime and the bloody reputation it got in the anime community from the bloody endings in the game.

Last edited by Shinji103; 2008-03-02 at 08:46.
Shinji103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-02, 10:25   Link #892
Darklightz
Wagering his life...

I think too many people liked that bloody ending of School Days a bit too much XD

But then again both Hayami and Hotaru carry a lot of self-loathing here. You could see in the bell misunderstanding both girls tried to leave Hirose with the other one. They both clearly feel they don't "deserve" Hirose's attention

Hayami certainly felt bad for getting Hirose in a lot of trouble when she was a "roach" and also for hurting him by making him remember his mother's suicide. Hotaru is still ashamed of having deceived him. While this serie certainly has a much more cheerful tone than School Days or even Myself ; Yourself, I could still be possible that either of the girls would end up with a "Hirose would be happier if I wasn't around" kind of logic. For one thing, now that Hirose and Hayami are together it's gonna put a lot of strain on their relationship with Hotaru who may start to feel like a third wheel.

That being said there's also the happier possibility of Hotaru simply taking on the big sister role making sure they are both happy.

On the episode itself, many intriguing details. We saw the 2 bullies that used to hang around Yui who seem to like Hayami now. It's weird how so many people did an about face on the whole roach situation. Even the old man didn't want to talk about Hayami telling the village to concentrate on the festival. In a way I'm glad Hayami gets to live with Hirose. I was wondering when that might happen. When your friend lives in an old train in the middle of nowhere you don't go "See you tomorrow!", you invite her to stay in a real house!

Oh and small nitpick, why is a Shinto maiden preparing herself in a Christian church?
Darklightz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-02, 10:40   Link #893
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
School Days was not that good a series for everybody and his brother to go oogly over it and copycat it.
I was a "masterpiece one of a kind stroke of genius" for me so to copy such a thing wouldn't even be remotely easy. It's saying if another series out there would copy haruhi

Cheap ripoffs won't cut it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darklightz View Post
That being said there's also the happier possibility of Hotaru simply taking on the big sister role making sure they are both happy.
I believe that is the biggest possibility for the current situation. I don't think hotaru has ever had that burning desire to chase after takuma prior to suffering the terroristic acts from granddad. Whilst she has since developed feelings she knows that hayami is the one to really bring out what takuma feels (as shown in the latest episode). In that case she has pretty much given up on him already and wishes the hayami luck ~ and I can't see her going back on her words.

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Old 2008-03-02, 11:51   Link #894
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
But then again both Hayami and Hotaru carry a lot of self-loathing here. You could see in the bell misunderstanding both girls tried to leave Hirose with the other one. They both clearly feel they don't "deserve" Hirose's attention
While they indeed tried to do that, it is not because of self-loathing, but because they are good friends despite everything that went down. Both Hotaru and Hayami are trying to look out for each other; Its not that they think they are "unworthy" of his affection (Though Hotaru might to a degree, but definitely not to the lengths some people here are trying to push it), they think the other one is more worthy, which is not the same thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darklightz
While this serie certainly has a much more cheerful tone than School Days or even Myself ; Yourself, I could still be possible that either of the girls would end up with a "Hirose would be happier if I wasn't around" kind of logic. For one thing, now that Hirose and Hayami are together it's gonna put a lot of strain on their relationship with Hotaru who may start to feel like a third wheel.
While the "third wheel" is possible to a degree (though i find it unlikely), something like "Hirose would be happier if I wasn't around" is out of the question and would come from nowhere. There is nothing in the series to justify either of them having such an extreme mindset regarding their relationship.
Quote:
Now this i find the most likely of possibilities. Hotaru having some little heart pains is not out of the question, but i don't expect much out of it or it to be a source for any serious drama.
Old 2008-03-02, 12:01   Link #895
Darklightz
Wagering his life...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
While they indeed tried to do that, it is not because of self-loathing, but because they are good friends despite everything that went down. Both Hotaru and Hayami are trying to look out for each other; Its not that they think they are "unworthy" of his affection (Though Hotaru might to a degree, but definitely not to the lengths some people here are trying to push it), they think the other one is more worthy, which is not the same thing.
It's true that a part of that came from the girls looking out for each other. However there is definitely self-loathing here. Another example is the waterfall bath scene, where both girls feel unsuitable to approach Hirose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
While the "third wheel" is possible to a degree (though i find it unlikely), something like "Hirose would be happier if I wasn't around" is out of the question and would come from nowhere. There is nothing in the series to justify either of them having such an extreme mindset regarding their relationship.
Last year I would have agreed with you. Last year it seems all series were much more cheerful. But this year it seems we are getting darker and more serious series. It seems it's one of the current fad to try to shock the audience rather than have the main character choose one of the stereotypical girls. Also Hotaru has shown that she can go to wild extremes when the situation calls for it.

So unlikely scenario? Perhaps. Impossible? Hell no
Darklightz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-02, 12:40   Link #896
siber222000
미, 미, 미 미쿠루빔~!!!

explain this to me:

Spoiler:
and also imo, hirose asking kohinata out came little too early. if it was last episode or 11 it would've been ok, but 3 episodes before ending?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
Where the heck did all this talk of suicide and School Days come from????????

This is not School Days. Hell, it's not even Myself; Yourself, which was far from School Days itself. Unless Brocolli and the rest of the staff completely go insane and go for a ridiculous ending that totally goes against the series they've been building up, this will be a happy ending. Maybe slightly bittersweet (Takuma losing his sight again is a definite possibility), and I'm quite convinced that we're going to see some more angry mob attacks before H2O is over, but all this talk of main character suicide and crap is stupid. Seriously. This series has in no way been near that level of dark. For God's sake, can we please freaking move past School Days?! That series is over and gone. "School Days" is not gonna happen here, provided the staff don't go totally idiotic and cop out on us.

And yes, I find it very annoying to see talk of School Days cropping up in discussions of every drama anime since. School Days was not that good a series for everybody and his brother to go oogly over it and copycat it. The only real reason people still remember it is because of the bloody ending of the anime and the bloody reputation it got in the anime community from the bloody endings in the game.
Old 2008-03-02, 12:51   Link #897
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by siber222000 View Post
explain this to me:

Spoiler:
Don't you just love it when they joke around with OOC'ness?

This should have been made real though...
Spoiler:

Old 2008-03-02, 13:19   Link #898
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
It's true that a part of that came from the girls looking out for each other. However there is definitely self-loathing here. Another example is the waterfall bath scene, where both girls feel unsuitable to approach Hirose.
While it's true neither of them is particularly confident in being the right girl for Hirose, and that they both feel guilty over various stuff, "self-loathing" is too strong a word.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-02, 13:48   Link #899
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
As Anh_Minh already said, self-loathing is too strong of a word, as it implies something much deeper and darker than either of the two has shown. Each might feel inferior to the other one for some reason when it comes to Hirose, but that is a far cry from self-loathing. Hotaru has some guilt issues as well, but that isn't self loathing.

Quote:
Last year I would have agreed with you. Last year it seems all series were much more cheerful. But this year it seems we are getting darker and more serious series. It seems it's one of the current fad to try to shock the audience rather than have the main character choose one of the stereotypical girls. Also Hotaru has shown that she can go to wild extremes when the situation calls for it.
Sorry, but ...is that an argument ? So if the series would have aired last year, at this very point you would be considering a happy end as the more likely possibility ? If that is indeed so, then it would seem you are actually not basing your observations on the series itself, but on some (not exactly convincing and quite arguable) outside factors. Oh, and as a story, H2O has been released in 2006

The wild extreme you seem to imply is suicide. Has Hotaru shown anything to imply she would ever go that far for some reason ? As i see it, definitely not even close to that.

Seriously, despite its somewhat "dark" setting, H2O is overall a positive show. It is about working towards problems that everyone considers "unsolvable" and reach towards a better tomorrow, instead of wallowing in self-pity and seeing everything crash and burn. Instead of getting murkier the situation is constantly improving, even if there are temporary setbacks along the way. It is about solving issues, not drowning in them. I honestly can't picture a "bad" ending for the show.
Old 2008-03-02, 13:50   Link #900
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by therationalpi View Post
I'm wondering where the show is going to go now.
This is like the most oft-repeated phrase in this thread. It seems like someone says this after near every single episode! First it was about him getting his sight back, and then it was resolving Hayami's bullying, then it was resolving Hinata/Hotaru's identity crisis, then it was Otoha's farewell, and now it's Takuma's confession. And every single time someone says, basically, "I'm wondering where the show is going to go now." And then guuchan comes on to say "the anime is so cliche". That may be true, but if it were so cliche, how come apparently no one can figure out what's going to happen next?

In any event, as a few others have said, I suspect that "where we go from here" would be to delve into Takuma himself. Every "promised one" has to have a final trial, and after solving everyone else's problems, the hero's biggest hurdle often comes from within. (Oh wait, that's so cliche... but true! )

In any case, all kidding aside, I can see why this is such a "love-it-or-hate-it" show, but I'm enjoying it. (And no, I don't expect a dark ending -- the opening of episode 1 tells you why!)
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bishoujo, drama, kadokawa, makura, romance, school life, seinen, zexcs