1 out of 10 : Painful 2 0.83%
Voters: 241. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-03-08, 09:36   Link #161
kyoulover
He who despise the world

Send a message via Yahoo to kyoulover
Great ep!

10/10

ali's really strong, just by this show how much difference the strength of pilot.

and also...can't wait for graham back to the action ^^

at least one gundam destroyed...and a flashy dead it is
kyoulover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-08, 09:36   Link #162
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

Apparently Lockon's right eye can be fixed, but it takes 3 weeks sleeping in the healing pod to do so
Old 2008-03-08, 09:37   Link #163
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post
This gundam series is unlike the other gundam. This time is not pilot special abilities and skills that drive the series. The gundam pilots are not By FAR the best pilots around. there is much better pilots than them. It was the superior tech of the Gundams that gave them an edge. Once everyone got the GN-X drives the edge was gone. Good thing that the old fox hid the full capabilities of the real GN drives thus the GN-X drives are basically now inferior tech! Alexandro now will not be able to research new GN drives. Again the stars of this show are not the pilots like in the other Gundams, but the Gundams themselve. Ali is the superior pilot and It requires a super Gundam to beat the bastard.
The topic of the Gundam pilots is an interesting point. Especially after this episode, it seems that the conditions that Veda used to pick Meisters is indeed not skill. Since Aeolia was willing to entrust the full power of the GN-Drives to the Meisters themselves in the worst case scenario (like the current one), it means that Veda's criteria for selecting pilots would have been people that would most likely remain faithful to their own beliefs and convictions instead of those that simply follow others and do what they are told. That's why he says that they should fight on not for the sake of Celestial Being, but for themselves and what they truly believe it, without knowing for sure if they would carry out his own personal beliefs.
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-08, 09:38   Link #164
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningZERO View Post
Apparently Lockon's right eye can be fixed, but it takes 3 weeks sleeping in the healing pod to do so
And we have....3 Episodes left of Season 1. How convinient.
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-08, 09:41   Link #165
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningZERO View Post
Well that ain't so bad... But from the preview it seems Lockon is sortieing again... And looks like he's going "You killed ma parents you sunnuvabiatch!!" at Ali...
Old 2008-03-08, 09:41   Link #166
ipernorris

Anyway I think Exia's upgrade is way too much... I mean it can move faster than beams... which move at the speed of light!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I hope there is a time limit or something to contain this incredible upgrade otherwise all the GN-X are mecha trash even before they are mass produced!
If this "super mode" doesn't have any limit then Exia can own all the thirty GN-Xs (or so, some were shot down already) and win the war all by itself!
ipernorris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-08, 09:43   Link #167
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StratoSpear View Post
Well that ain't so bad... But from the preview it seems Lockon is sortieing again... And looks like he's going "You killed ma parents you sunnuvabiatch!!" at Ali...
There's no way Lockon is going to sit back and let Setsuna have all the fun against Ali. Let's just hope he doesn't push himself too hard. ^^;
Old 2008-03-08, 09:46   Link #168
Ichimaru

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckroll View Post
The topic of the Gundam pilots is an interesting point. Especially after this episode, it seems that the conditions that Veda used to pick Meisters is indeed not skill. Since Aeolia was willing to entrust the full power of the GN-Drives to the Meisters themselves in the worst case scenario (like the current one), it means that Veda's criteria for selecting pilots would have been people that would most likely remain faithful to their own beliefs and convictions instead of those that simply follow others and do what they are told. That's why he says that they should fight on not for the sake of Celestial Being, but for themselves and what they truly believe it, without knowing for sure if they would carry out his own personal beliefs.
What i also dont get is CB has the advance technology, and it took someone from inside to give away teh technology GN-DRIVES to U.N factions, which even the battlefield for earths fighters, but then again in this eps, how come CB are equiping themselves with GN-DRIVES when there suits are superior to that technology + its already installed...a better version? someone correct me on this.

Lockons new look = looks like SNAKE from MGS or kurt russell

As for GRAHAM + CUSTOM FLAG + GN-DRIVE = bring it on fellas i pwned all ur bases
Old 2008-03-08, 09:46   Link #169
kyoulover
He who despise the world

Send a message via Yahoo to kyoulover
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipernorris View Post
Anyway I think Exia's upgrade is way too much... I mean it can move faster than beams... which move at the speed of light!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I hope there is a time limit or something to contain this incredible upgrade otherwise all the GN-X are mecha trash even before they are mass produced!
If this "super mode" doesn't have any limit then Exia can own all the thirty GN-Xs (or so, some were shot down already) and win the war all by itself!
Can't agreed more...

hope exia doesn't become such a godlike mobile suit...

although transamu is pretty cool...it's just too strong to be true
kyoulover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-08, 09:49   Link #170
justsomeguy

Quote:
Just one thing: Beams DO NOT move at the speed of light, since they are made of particles. I don't even see that they move any faster than real-life bullets.
justsomeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-08, 09:50   Link #171
Eleutheria
旅行癖

Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post
This gundam series is unlike the other gundam. This time is not pilot special abilities and skills that drive the series. The gundam pilots are not By FAR the best pilots around. there is much better pilots than them. It was the superior tech of the Gundams that gave them an edge. Once everyone got the GN-X drives the edge was gone. Good thing that the old fox hid the full capabilities of the real GN drives thus the GN-X drives are basically now inferior tech! Alexandro now will not be able to research new GN drives. Again the stars of this show are not the pilots like in the other Gundams, but the Gundams themselve. Ali is the superior pilot and It requires a super Gundam to beat the bastard.
I'm not sure if you're disagreeing with me or not. Aeolia did say he was unlocking the full potential of the GN drives to those who were using it -- the green particle people.

I haven't made any predictions about who will come out on top, if that's what you're trying to address. For what it's worth, I think Ali in this episode was just off balance against Exia's Trans-Am. That and his Zwei was running low on fuel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightningzero
In the episode, Lockon said "don't decide for me to put me in the pod!" (since you can't leave once you are shut in the pod). He decides to sortie just like the rest of them and somehow will try to make up the difference with Haro. -_- So no, he isn't getting a full heal.
Old 2008-03-08, 09:52   Link #172
EXEs
Hallelujah...

Holy shit, the fight scene between the HRL and the Trinity siblings is fucking awesome, the HRL GN-Xs worked damn well as a team.
EXEs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-08, 09:54   Link #173
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichimaru View Post
What i also dont get is CB has the advance technology, and it took someone from inside to give away teh technology GN-DRIVES to U.N factions, which even the battlefield for earths fighters, but then again in this eps, how come CB are equiping themselves with GN-DRIVES when there suits are superior to that technology + its already installed...a better version? someone correct me on this.
I don't really get what you're trying to say? Maybe you could explain better? Sorry...
Old 2008-03-08, 09:55   Link #174
JediNight
キズランダム

We don't actually see Aeolia dead though. For all we know that was bullet-proof glass and zombie-Aeolia is gonna wake up pissed
JediNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-08, 09:56   Link #175
Eleutheria
旅行癖

Quote:
Originally Posted by EXEs View Post
Holy shit, the fight scene between the HRL and the Trinity siblings is fucking awesome, the HRL GN-Xs worked damn well as a team.
Although there were the first reused animation scenes in Gundam 00 that I noticed.

Don't the pilots get bloody vertigo?

Then again, once I knew it was Soma's squad, I knew they were going to own the Thrones. That "garden sprinkler" formation was amazingly effective.
Old 2008-03-08, 09:56   Link #176
ipernorris

Quote:
Originally Posted by justsomeguy View Post
Just one thing: Beams DO NOT move at the speed of light, since they are made of particles. I don't even see that they move any faster than real-life bullets.
"In physics, the photon is the elementary particle (specifically, a boson) responsible for electromagnetic phenomena."
Let's change photon with GN particle and you have that GN beams move at the speed of light.
ipernorris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-08, 09:57   Link #177
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
Only one?
Wasn't it like Ali destoying Throne Eins and Exia destroying Throne Zwei? Or did Ali survive again?
(still no episode for me...)
Ali bailed out with the Zwei.... But not before Exia pizza-sliced it's left skirt armor. So we lost two Meisters and one Gundam in this episode.
Old 2008-03-08, 09:57   Link #178
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichimaru View Post
That's because the current generation of CB operatives assumed that everything and anything important is in VEDA, but Schenberg was smart enough to keep the REALLY secret stuff off record. VEDA itself could be hacked, but as long as the traitors assumed VEDA had everything, then the real secret could be kept away.

I assume what happen was that there was intentional loss of documents and files. And after a few generational changes in CB over 200 years, no one alive knew those secrets anymore.

Schenberg knew that it is difficult to keep CB on target with its goals over centuries. It is inevitable that power-hungry individuals would try to hijack the organisation. We would see how well his countermeasures work out soon enough.
Old 2008-03-08, 09:58   Link #179
Eleutheria
旅行癖

Quote:
"In physics, the photon is the elementary particle (specifically, a boson) responsible for electromagnetic phenomena."
Let's change photon with GN particle and you have that GN beams move at the speed of light.
Please don't bring real-world physics into Gundam Haro will kill a kitten if you do

Ignoring my own advice, I'd counter that a photon is massless while GN particles' mass is probably greater than zero. While we're at it, since GN particles can stop cell regeneration, I'd venture that they cause huge radiation. Then we'll suppose that GN particles aren't really particles per se but some really heavy element's atoms. We can go on and on in circles but it doesn't help. Pilots can dodge beams. End of story
Old 2008-03-08, 09:59   Link #180
DwArD
mAnIaC

Just saw the raw. This ep is just pure awesome. I didn't expect Exia to have something up its sleeves. Who would have thought there's something that surpasses the GN-Drive? And I don't think the Trans-Am is limited to just Exia. Exia is a close-range MS so it makes a lot of sense for it to move at ultra-high speed in its Trans-Am more. I am hoping Dynames, Virtue/Needlah and Kyrios will each possess their unique Trans-Am mode.