AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2004-04-05, 07:56   Link #21
cdkobasiuk
Mommy on a Bender

to each your own filler

Something being new isn't necessarily filler or useless and something being boring isn't either.

A lot of artists see their manga going over to anime as an opportunity to tighten some aspects and tweak others. Who wants to see a carbon copy of something they already read anyway? The number of viewers would be much less.

If they do write a totally new story arc for Naruto after this one ends I won't complain if it is good. Of course I will if it stinks though. My favorite saga on DBZ was the Garlic Jr. eps and we all know that was invented to keep the anime from catching up with the manga.

cdk
cdkobasiuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-05, 12:26   Link #22
OhJustSomeRandomGuy

Filler is anything used to fill up space.

It's basically when you try and flesh out stuff to take up more space, or time, or basically kill time without developing the plot.

That's what you saw in the Chuunin arc when they were training, and when Konohamaru interviewed Naruto in the "special" epsiode.

It's also in the manga. I can't bring up specific examples without making spoilers, and it seriously isn't worth the time. Think of character development that doesn't actually develop any character. That's filler.
OhJustSomeRandomGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-05, 12:34   Link #23
DjDeluxay
マイクスズカゼ、ウェチノ

Send a message via AIM to DjDeluxay
i just think of it as a recap. Although i think they should cut out a commercial for that time. Rather than to waste time for the newer episode
DjDeluxay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-05, 13:56   Link #24
Prince of Chronics
One Piece fan

I always used the term filler when describing stuff that is absolute bullshit (like 90% of the eps for PMK)... or describing stuff that shouldn't take more than one episode....... like those damn Gaara flashbacks or the Ino/Sakura fight for example.... one episode is enough for that crap..... I just want some fighting already.....
Old 2004-04-05, 13:58   Link #25
nh1
KAWAIII-III!!!! >^_^ >

I think of filler as something that doesn't advance the story... Something irrelevant to the plot, but maybe relevant to the quality (A lot of funny fillers in anime)
Old 2004-04-05, 14:32   Link #26
Joe Dalton

PMK has filler? uhm.... must've missed it since what you call filler was prolly the parts where they didnt fight =/
PMK was a verry touching anime with allot of stuff that helped explain the main chars... and lots of CUTE stuff but I guess if you call it filler then ya it has allot of filler
Still 10 times the anime naruto will ever be
Joe Dalton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-08, 01:39   Link #27
CoolMofo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Dalton
If your going for serious char development and plot naruto is NOT the anime for you.... anyone actualy going for these 2 would agree.
BTW kenshin get backers inuyasha and one piece are in a completely different class then this anime and comparing them is an insult 2 those fine animes.... compare it 2 DBZ or something

EDIT: also the fan art in the signature above me is better then the actualy shows animation

I wonder if you realize that you're no better than a very bias reviewer when you put down someone else's opinion and put your own on a pedestal. There're actually people out there who don't think so highly of Kenshin, Inuyasha or GB for various reasons, and who'll provide you a solid argument for it.

And you betcha I read your reply in the "naruto average at best" thread. Go read it.
CoolMofo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-08, 01:45   Link #28
PathofNightshade
Scruffy Nerf Herder

Send a message via AIM to PathofNightshade
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhJustSomeRandomGuy
Filler is anything used to fill up space.

It's basically when you try and flesh out stuff to take up more space, or time, or basically kill time without developing the plot.

That's what you saw in the Chuunin arc when they were training, and when Konohamaru interviewed Naruto in the "special" epsiode.

It's also in the manga. I can't bring up specific examples without making spoilers, and it seriously isn't worth the time. Think of character development that doesn't actually develop any character. That's filler.
None of the recent epiosdes that people have been complaining about do not fit that description at all, they arent meant to kill time, they're meant to develop gaara.
PathofNightshade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-08, 02:09   Link #29
Dryad
Steam Counter-Spoon 1.6

Quote:
Originally Posted by PathofNightshade
None of the recent epiosdes that people have been complaining about do not fit that description at all, they arent meant to kill time, they're meant to develop gaara.
It's true that developping Gaara isnt what you can call a filler since first of all it's in the mange and it does improve the story. However seeing the same inch of soul being pulled out of Oro by the third for like 5 ep now is what you can call a filler scene. It was needed the first time they did it but now it's annoying more than anything else.
Dryad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-08, 02:14   Link #30
A Lamer
あほぉ&

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhJustSomeRandomGuy
Think of character development that doesn't actually develop any character. That's filler.
So Sakura is filler?
A Lamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-08, 02:47   Link #31
ShikaShika
無罪

No she's needed to develop Naruto.
ShikaShika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-08, 05:37   Link #32
Maxter
Boku wa Great desu! Ehehe

Even if the Naruto-getting-to-the-arena-episodes were truly useless and so on, they did have a purpose: Slow down the anime so it won't catch up with the manga too fast.
Maxter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-08, 08:34   Link #33
nubby

Well I think fillers are useless stuff added on that do not advance the plot or useless things added to drag the episode. I'll just give some examples from the anime of what I think are fillers and none fillers.

After Naruto summons Gambunta, he rides him the whole episode. Never happened in the manga. Filler
Naruto rides bull to the exame; was useless and wasn't in the manga. Filler
Oro vs the 3rd. 50% Filler

Tenten takes out weapons and fight Temara. Temara beats her in a sec in the manga but the fight wasn't shown. Not a Filler
Shikimaru fights Temara in the anime. In the manga, he gave up before the battle started. The fight developed Shikimaru's character. Not a Filler
nubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-08, 09:03   Link #34
Kabuto Maniac
animeichi

Quote:
Originally Posted by nubby
Tenten takes out weapons and fight Temara. Temara beats her in a sec in the manga but the fight wasn't shown. Not a Filler
Shikimaru fights Temara in the anime. In the manga, he gave up before the battle started. The fight developed Shikimaru's character. Not a Filler
please tell me you didn't mean to say Temari??? omg, I think you did... well, then it just must have been a typing mistake, no other options...

:topicon: it's actually a little weird, but I don't really mind fillers as long as they're not annoying and/or to obvious... I really liked that naruto-riding-Gamabunta stuff (though I'm [non-spoiler], so u could say I didn't know it didn't belong there.....)
Kabuto Maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-08, 12:48   Link #35
A Lamer
あほぉ&

Quote:
What manga were you reading? Last I checked (which was yesterday) they devoted an entire chapter to that fight.
A Lamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-08, 13:53   Link #36
SweetkisS VT

Quote:
get me some of whatever your smoking dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Dalton
If your going for serious char development and plot naruto is NOT the anime for you.... anyone actualy going for these 2 would agree.
BTW kenshin get backers inuyasha and one piece are in a completely different class then this anime and comparing them is an insult 2 those fine animes.... compare it 2 DBZ or something

EDIT: also the fan art in the signature above me is better then the actualy shows animation
Get Backers is the worst anime ever.

Inuyasha as entire arcs as fillers. I cant even watch that shit.

One Piece is great and everything, at least the manga is.

If you dislike Naruto so much, maybe you shouldnt post in this forum then, it would save you from looking like a complete dumbass all the time.
SweetkisS VT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-08, 14:02   Link #37
wnkryo
HainShodan

Filler: Can also be considered a filler when some thing is dragged out more then it should be.

Example: The scene with Oro and Hokage with the sword through him is shown for about 4 or 5 episodes straight. No new animations, repeated frames with audio replaced/over lapped.
wnkryo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-08, 14:09   Link #38
Lexander
www.thefestlanders.com

So far I haven't seen too many people complain about the Gaara flashbacks ... The ones that people were most pissed about was the episode with the bulls, The 3rd getting stabbed with the sword, and the Ino/Sakura flashback which was repeated a few times.

The Gaara flashback is not a filler, but I haven't really seen anyone say it is. I don't know what thread you were reading ...
Lexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-08, 14:23   Link #39
Kabuto Maniac
animeichi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexander
The Gaara flashback is not a filler, but I haven't really seen anyone say it is. I don't know what thread you were reading ...
I must have accidentally skipped the forced IQ-exam that you have to take to be allowed here, cuz' I really have this problem at least once every two threads: I just can't get what somebody meant in his post . I read it over and over again, and I constantly got stuck at this point: Lexander is surprised that nobody is annoyed by the Gaara flashbacks that weren't fillers. then he is wondering what thread we are reading. you guys understand what I mean?! I'm so damn stupid! I came nowhere! I couldn't even understand one bit of that sentence. please, could you guys start talking KM-english, just for me?
Kabuto Maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-08, 15:46   Link #40
PinkSpider
先輩

Send a message via ICQ to PinkSpider Send a message via MSN to PinkSpider
The original post(er) wanted to say that fillers are part of Naruto's plot development. But i think the thread began to try to identify and define what is a filler.

Hmm, i do agree that the Oro-3rd Hokage fight is really getting draggy... But oh well, they have to let naruto finish fighting gaara first before the plot can be proceeded right?
PinkSpider is offline   Reply With Quote