AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2008-06-04, 10:03   Link #21
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

I'm calling 'better control over Kyuubi' or 'removing Sasuke's abillity to control Kyuubi' on my part. Heck, maybe a bit of both.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-04, 10:18   Link #22
tatami
back in black

maybe he placed a part of himself to stop sasuke if he enters narutos mind to control kyuubi
tatami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-04, 10:29   Link #23
naruto89

orr maybe the katon element but thats too farfetched but if itachi did transfer a jutsu or two the most epic one that could be used to maximum ownage would be the exploding bunshin ninjutsu

can anyone tell me the chapter wheir itachi (in flashback) had that design as illustrated in the spoiler pic.... please
naruto89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-04, 10:34   Link #24
Rahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by naruto89 View Post
can anyone tell me the chapter wheir itachi (in flashback) had that design as illustrated in the spoiler pic.... please
Chapter 49 page 15. The panel is quite small, the scene was better in the anime.
Rahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-04, 10:43   Link #25
tarachi
Observer

Or it could somewhat a memory so when Sasuke enter's Naruto's mind he sees Itachi and they have little talk.

OR

It will make Naruto immune to Sharingan type Genjutsu.
tarachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-04, 10:44   Link #26
HiroInazuma
Boss of Ecchi Yazuka

I would laugh if Amaterasu was incomplete and originally part of the Kyuubi's power but the kyuubi shared it with Madara and the power was passed on, and now Itachi gave it back to the kyuubi, but now my imagination is just running free
HiroInazuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-04, 10:53   Link #27
NarutowithSharingan

I take it that Itachi prepared for Sasuke wanting to destroy Konoha aswell. Itachi gave Naruto half of his powers so that Naruto would have a better chance against Sasuke if Sasuke decided to take the path that he has now taken. Most likely not to kill Sasuke but rather to make him come to his senses. Because after all, according to Madara, Sasuke was more important to Itachi than Konoha itself.

Last edited by NarutowithSharingan; 2008-06-04 at 22:14.
NarutowithSharingan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-04, 11:13   Link #28
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night

So Itachi gave Naruto part of his power before even fighting Sasuke.

That combined with his disease, he probably wasn't even at 50% during their fight.
Old 2008-06-04, 11:39   Link #29
Hernyy

maybe Itachi knew Madara would trick sasuke and make him destroy konoha so Itachi powered up naruto so he could match up with him when they meet
Hernyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-04, 12:33   Link #30
Suna no tate
Akatsuki Bart is Tobi

most likely. i mean itachi's attempt to prevent madara from telling sasuke the truth was pretty shallow. a few lies is all he basically used and the truth was clear enough to dispel them all. the backup plan was probably making sure naruto would be able to take sasuke down in case things took an ugly turn.

the only thing that bugs me is that the itachi v naruto incident was sort of random. its not like he planned for naruto and kakashi and sakura and the old lady to be there;
Suna no tate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-04, 12:58   Link #31
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

If Sasuke decides to kill Naruto or try to unseal Kyuubi, he will meet Itachi. That is one scenario. The other is Madara trying that, but it is doubtful. Unfortunately, at the end, it will be another Uchiha dialog, this time within Naruto. Can't seem to get enough of it. It is like Kishi's eyes turned into Sharingan...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu View Post
Can we at least wait to see what the ability gave to Naruto is before saying it was a bad call on Kishi's part?
Saw this post after my post. Sorry to disappoint you (and a few others possibly), whatever the intention is, regardless of how good Itachi is, seeing an Uchiha spirit within Naruto, even if it is a partial one, may be one of the least things that I would like to see.

You may assume that is the place Madara would consider as the last place to look at, when the chance of making two Uchihas meet without interruption is the highest. Still, it is not enough as an explanation.
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-04, 13:06   Link #32
ILikeSquiReLz
<ˆ>(`;´)<ˆ>

I am just glad Naruto is finally getting something. But I am waiting to hear Tsunade or Kakashi's take on the matter as I am expecting them to say not to use it, what ever it may be.
ILikeSquiReLz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-04, 13:11   Link #33
ChojinLocke
Year 2
*Author

I dont understand all the arguments really. If Naruto gets powers from Itachi it proves that he is inferior to Sasuke the way the story progresses. There is one thing however..Sasuke lost some powers in order to gain the MS yes? He lost CS, he lost Orochimaru powers (and some of them were significant) in order to get the MS. Now dont get me wrong but giving Naruto power up to beat Sasuke without even counting for the major power up which is 9 tailed kyubi is not exactly evening things out...unless Sasuke's MS is way overpowered again to stand solid against Kyubi + Itachi aid.

By the way i think Sasuke was handled a bit wrongly..why give him an instant kill jutsu instead of a major damage one so that Naruto's progress can then be less drastic? Because obviously if Sasuke has an instant kill jutsu (MS) he wont be able to kill Naruto so it is rendered useless automatically. Better give him another version of Amaterasu or something that makes damage you know so you bring out some major defence jutsu for Naruto to even things out rather than a cancellation from Itachi.
ChojinLocke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-04, 13:12   Link #34
Suna no tate
Akatsuki Bart is Tobi

I think its interesting though that MS users can transfer abilities even to non sharingan users, yet the MS itself was possessed by so few. I mean if the uchiha were seeking power to equalize themselves with the Senju wouldn't it make sense to have as many MS users among them as possible?
Suna no tate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-04, 13:38   Link #35
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suna no tate View Post
most likely. i mean itachi's attempt to prevent madara from telling sasuke the truth was pretty shallow. a few lies is all he basically used and the truth was clear enough to dispel them all.
That and incinerating Madara with Amaterasu.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu View Post
Can we at least wait to see what [...] before saying it was a bad call on Kishi's part?
That would be a first.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-04, 13:45   Link #36
tatami
back in black

i hope that crow dont find the exit from other side.
tatami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-04, 13:57   Link #37
TwilightHack
~ Madoka = Win ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatami View Post
Rofl.

Really though, I was hoping that Naruto would get a power up from another source... not from Itachi. Like maybe... from learning about his heritage or something to do with HIS history.

This whole series has become 'I Love Uchiha' fodder.

in the shadows i lurk... but nevertheless there i am...
TwilightHack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-04, 13:58   Link #38
abazou
Uchiha Avenger

is the part where itachi gave naruto his powers confirmed?

i mean that would be the stupidest thing ever... why is he acting like santa clause giving away gift? and throwing his powers to the two people that will end up fighting each other.
Old 2008-06-04, 14:01   Link #39
Ero-Senn1n

I guess this was the part where Itachi wanted to make a plan B if everything else fails, i mean if Naruto has to face the sharingan (be it Sasuke or/and Madara). So i guess Itachi somehow made Naruto resistant to sharingan/MS jutsu. And why he did that? That's very simple, because after Sasuke the most important thing for Itachi was the Leaf village, and he somehow understood that Naruto's fate is one with the Leaf's fate. Madara said that Itachi failed, but Naruto will prove him wrong.

What i would like to see is that Itachi lives in Naruto, kind of an inner voice that helps the dumb kid to do things better, a wise advisor. It would be cool because we would see what could a genius do in a non-Uchiha body, also we could see the real Itachi, not the acting that Itachi did the whole time. And if there's no Itachi gaiden then this would be the best way to show us Itachi, even if only a soul-bunshin of him which resides in Naruto. He could help him not only to devise strategies to fight sharingan and rinnegan but also to help him supress and use the kyuubi. Kind of an inner mentor.

And finally: anyone who complains about Naruto's powerup and didn't complain the same way when Sasuke got his powerup should STFU

It is kind of cool that Itachi's legacy is actually only Naruto
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-04, 14:02   Link #40
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatami View Post
LOL, You certainly know how to place situations into their proper context .

That being said, I saw the whole crow-in-mouth thingy as being a genjutsu, or part of a genjutsu, where Itachi was placing knowledge (not abilities) inside of Naruto's head. So, I would not be suprised if Naruto will have learned proper chakra control as well as an actual taijutsu style, but I doubt he will learn any actual ninjutsu techniques.

Now here is the crazy theory of the day, Kishimoto has recently read the Harry Potter series, and has decided that Itachi needed to make a Horcrux. So, he split his "soul" and put part of it in Naruto were it will burst forth from later ala Alien.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n View Post
And finally: anyone who complains about Naruto's powerup and didn't complain the same way when Sasuke got his powerup should STFU
Does that mean that I can complain .

Last edited by james0246; 2008-06-04 at 14:12.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote