AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Old 2008-06-04, 20:42   Link #341
ClockWorkAngel
Aspiring Aspirer

Send a message via MSN to ClockWorkAngel
The "fly" and the "float" anaology is way too broad, anyone got any ideas on what meaning Nasu intended on? Seeing as its used in several situations.

For me fly would have to be assosiated with freedom and the such, there's alot of reference to this freedom and most likely a purity of the mind and desires etc etc.

Credit To Risa-chan!
ClockWorkAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-05, 03:43   Link #342
vorpal83

I think it means that floating means just drifting along, not in control of anything at all, while flying is really setting a destination and actually exercising your will to get there.
vorpal83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-05, 06:03   Link #343
Alaya
Counter Force

Check here for interpretation of this movie:
http://loliliciousness.wordpress.com...notes-edition/

I think he make a very good analysis.

Madoka: This was the tale of magical girls whose wishes are pure and by them are driven to despair.
Alaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-05, 12:01   Link #344
ClockWorkAngel
Aspiring Aspirer

Hmm nice find, he has some good points. I always felt that the Haagen-Dazs was a metaphor of acceptance and in this case forced and bitter acceptance.

Credit To Risa-chan!
Old 2008-06-05, 13:58   Link #345
jonli
JONLIの憂'

I just saw this movie too, and this is seriously confusing >.<

I really like Type-Moon stories because it's so detailed and beautiful, but this first movie really gave me the big question mark. I guess it's because it's meant to be watched all in one go like a TV series. I guess I'll have to watch it all over again when all 7 movies are out, to really fully appreciate the first movie.

Some scenes were beautifully done though, like the implied violence (when the dog walks pass Shiki, and leaves bloody footprints). As well as random Moe service, like Shiki eating ice cream (maybe it means something, but I duno).
jonli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-05, 14:04   Link #346
Avisch
Reality Blender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
I'm not exactly sure of this. I think Tsukihime Shiki's eyes become blue because of...
Spoiler for mild spoiler from tsukihime, far side moon route:

His eye color isn't related to his magan, imho (considering Nanaya in MB and the fact the magan is always "activated", until the Magangoroshi actually has an effect on the color)
Ahh. Yes, another detail I misinterpreted. Thank you for clearing that up. There was only one side story in Kagetsu Tohya that implied such a thing that I said. But yeah I remember now what was said.

One crazy B****
Avisch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-05, 14:10   Link #347
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Yes, that is probably the fanfiction TYPE-MOON added in Kagetsu Tohya (IIRC, it is "Dawn"): When Shiki removes his glasses, the narrator indicates "blue eyes". Considering the situation, both assertions are correct.

But considering MB, it seems the eyes color is related to "nanaya"... well IMHO
Old 2008-06-05, 15:21   Link #348
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Shiki's eyes change color due to the concentrated badassness of Nanaya. It's just like spice. Which must flow.
Old 2008-06-06, 02:39   Link #349
Alaya
Counter Force

The color of the eyes does not really tie to the Nanaya mode, as far as I know.

In Nasuverse, there is a type of magic called "Noble Color" which in fact is known as Mystic Eyes. When mystic eyes are active, they change color due to it's user's attribute and power. For example, Arcueid's mystic eyes have color of gold because gold represent power of higher existence and something that is inhuman. Another example would be Crimson Moon's mystic eyes' color are rainbow, which represent the highest level.

In Tohno Shiki case, his eyes are forced to turn on and focus all the time. So his normal eyes color would be of his mystic eyes'. But when he wear a glasses, they are forced to turn off so they change to their original color.

For Ryougi Shiki, she has more control over her eyes, so she focus what line she want to see (I think she can see lines all the time too but have more control over it).

Madoka: This was the tale of magical girls whose wishes are pure and by them are driven to despair.
Alaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-06, 03:57   Link #350
Mirri

Send a message via MSN to Mirri
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I read

Spoiler for Shiki's Glasses (Tsukihime) and Shiki's Eyes (KnK):

I don't know anything about the eye color stuff, other than the whole "colors that are better than other colors" bit.
Mirri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-06, 04:24   Link #351
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaya View Post
In Tohno Shiki case, his eyes are forced to turn on and focus all the time. So his normal eyes color would be of his mystic eyes'. But when he wear a glasses, they are forced to turn off so they change to their original color.
Why does Nanaya have blue eyes in MB then? It doesn't exactly make sense in this case as he is a phenomenom created by TATARI and he doesn't seem to use anything related to Tohno's Magan (or else, his arc drives would be similar in damage fashion).

Well, I actually take this interpretation from evospace's site, but concretely, I'm also unsure about Arcueid's eyes, as they are more like the sign when she uses her power than specifically the "mystic eyes" (I wonder if she actually has Magan so. Red Arcueid demonstrates that the golden eyes are permanent as she is in state of fury, so unleashing her True Ancestor powers).

ah well, I guess that's another odd point in Nasuverse (geh, time to cut the off topic huh )
Old 2008-06-06, 06:54   Link #352
Kyuuen

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneDragon View Post
He went too close to the building and had his mind captured by the floating girl. Or something.
I know, what I meant is that the movie intentional didn't explain why he became like that when we first saw him on the couch, and only reveal the result later.
Kyuuen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-07, 06:10   Link #353
vorpal83

They didn't exactly fool anyone, with him spaced out on the couch like that...
Old 2008-06-07, 17:20   Link #354
_Setsuna_
Gundam Meister

Send a message via MSN to _Setsuna_
I've just seen the first episode,not so bad but a bit confusing ^^"!BTW someone have any info about releases of the next episodes?
_Setsuna_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-07, 17:38   Link #355
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Chapter 2 DVD will be released this 25th june, while chapter 3 will be the 23rd july.
Old 2008-06-07, 22:53   Link #356
ClockWorkAngel
Aspiring Aspirer

That means the subs may come out as quickly as late July and August respectively if we're lucky. Reading the novel the next few "episodes" shouldn't disappoint.

Credit To Risa-chan!
Old 2008-06-07, 22:59   Link #357
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

What makes you say that? The subs for the first DVD came out on the same day the first DVD came out.
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-08, 19:35   Link #358
ClockWorkAngel
Aspiring Aspirer

What?! Really?! My statement just based on just expectations, those guys clearly worked too hard. Thanks for the the hope for super fast subs. That is of course they continue to sub it, which I hope they do.

Credit To Risa-chan!
Old 2008-06-09, 03:26   Link #359
vorpal83

The movies have been around for some time now, I don't think it's unreasonable to guess that some fansubbers have low quality theater versions of the movies, already translated and basically timed, and are just waiting for high quaity versions to put the subs on.
Old 2008-06-10, 02:58   Link #360
_Setsuna_
Gundam Meister

Send a message via MSN to _Setsuna_
Quote:
Originally Posted by vorpal83 View Post
The movies have been around for some time now, I don't think it's unreasonable to guess that some fansubbers have low quality theater versions of the movies, already translated and basically timed, and are just waiting for high quaity versions to put the subs on.
Mmh that could be true as well..
_Setsuna_ is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, harem, type moon