Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2004-04-13, 20:09   Link #1
EbonySeraphim
Phat Poster/Thread Killer

Send a message via AIM to EbonySeraphim
Gaara's Personality [Manga]

I felt this topic was different and "special" enough to start a new thread so here goes:

After reading chapter 212 of the manga, we see the sand shinobi's saving the Konoha rookie team. Gaara is one of them. Obviously these three are now on the "good side" and are fighting with the protagonists of the story. We all know that Gaara was messed up because he grew up with everyone hating him and he fought only for himself and only took pleasure in killing. After fighting with Naruto, we see, and can assume that Gaara now realizes that he was a bit wrong before. One problem though is that part of the reason for Gaara's unstable personality was the demon inside of him, and the fact that it doesn't let him sleep. As far as I know, the demon is still inside of him and should still be a danger to him in the same way. How is he dealing with that? Another lesser issue is, how or why does Gaara stop taking pleasure in killing and blood? I'd love to see a changed Gaara, and think it would be cool if he were friends with the Genin's from Konoha, but also would like an explanation for this.

This thread calls for speculation, it could all be explained in upcoming manga chapters, but I still want to know what other people think. =)
EbonySeraphim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-13, 20:21   Link #2
Loki
Ronin

Send a message via MSN to Loki
Hey i was chuffed to no end to see Gaara saving Lee - nice twist considering there recent history.

I personally dont blame Garaa one bit ofr the way he is... if peeople had isolated me my entire life , called me a monster and i couldnt get any sleep think id take a few lives too

We saw Garaa apologise for the first time to his teammates I think his internal struggle with who he wants to be and how he finds himself acting might be at an end!! I base this on Naruto's ability to change people. The whole way he inspires people to be better Neji for one. And there are others. Garaa will probably follow suit!!

A slow acceptance by people other than his team mates but a string of events where Garaa is a key player in helping out Naruto and Co at needed times.

I hope Garaa kick ass in 213
Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-13, 20:23   Link #3
eLstar
(^_^)v

Quote:
Originally Posted by EbonySeraphim
As far as I know, the demon is still inside of him and should still be a danger to him in the same way. How is he dealing with that? Another lesser issue is, how or why does Gaara stop taking pleasure in killing and blood? I'd love to see a changed Gaara, and think it would be cool if he were friends with the Genin's from Konoha, but also would like an explanation for this.

I'm not exactly sure what will become of his character (until the next few chapters) but we can only assume one of two things:
  1. Gaara is completely reformed
  2. He's still an evil badass, but the kind who is on the "good side" (for the time being)

Supposing he's reformed, I doubt he'll ever be truly rid of the bloodlust he carries even if the tea kettle sand badger was somehow taken away from him. I think he'd reject the urge to kill most of the time, but sooner or later if he's put into a dangerous situation, I think he'd kill someone if need be. Naruto's words may have reached him, but Gaara has grown up with murderuous intent and he should be able to see things in a more realistic point of view.

But if he's the evil badass who's only on the good side (at that point and time), then I doubt he'll think twice about killing anyone who got in his path.
eLstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-13, 20:33   Link #4
Loki
Ronin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dranz
But if he's the evil badass who's only on the good side (at that point and time), then I doubt he'll think twice about killing anyone who got in his path.

Its a nice excuse if hes saving some1 whose going to be killed to indulge in a bit of his bloodlust - i thinks thats fair - you dont want garaa to kill you , dont pick on his allies
Old 2004-04-13, 20:36   Link #5
eLstar
(^_^)v

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki
Its a nice excuse if hes saving some1 whose going to be killed to indulge in a bit of his bloodlust - i thinks thats fair - you dont want garaa to kill you , dont pick on his allies
Don't pick on him. Period.
Old 2004-04-13, 20:39   Link #6
EbonySeraphim
Phat Poster/Thread Killer

Send a message via AIM to EbonySeraphim
Quote:
Ha, I could totally see some humor between Naruto and Gaara if that happened. You'd see like a ant cross in front of Gaara and Naruto is about to reach to pick it up when Gaara crushes it with sand.

Naruto with big eyes and goofy face: "AH!!! Why did you kill it?!?! - datte bayo"
Gaara with apathetic look: "What? It got in my way"
*Naruto gives weird look to Gaara*

Of course the series probably couldn't make it humorous if Gaara actually killed a person...
EbonySeraphim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-13, 20:43   Link #7
eLstar
(^_^)v

Well...

The Konohamaru Corps seem like pretty good target practice. I would find that hilarious.

And mean.

But mostly hilarious.
Old 2004-04-13, 20:57   Link #8
Loki
Ronin

Garaa should take a stroll down to see Oro.... say how dya do and then pop a sleeping pill.........HeS CoMinG muahahahaha

Dop you recon Garaa will have his Demon Sealed in a similar way to Naruto? Its kind of a bum deal ...maybe hed wanna kill less if he just slept it off a bit
Old 2004-04-13, 21:09   Link #9
socomberetta
Dreaming of you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki
Dop you recon Garaa will have his Demon Sealed in a similar way to Naruto? Its kind of a bum deal ...maybe hed wanna kill less if he just slept it off a bit
Maybe, if one of the sand ninjas knows how to do it, or someone from the Leaf.

As for his personality, I think he'll still have the same bloodlust as he did before fighting Naruto, the only difference is hell have a little more respect for his fellow sand ninjas or comrades and not kill them if they annoy him.
socomberetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-13, 21:47   Link #10
LittleLaptopChan
My good neighbor Totoro

Send a message via ICQ to LittleLaptopChan Send a message via AIM to LittleLaptopChan Send a message via MSN to LittleLaptopChan
Quote:
Well...

The Konohamaru Corps seem like pretty good target practice. I would find that hilarious.

And mean.

But mostly hilarious.
ah yes, the konohamaru corps: fodder for the mentally insane.
How nice it would be for gaara.
LittleLaptopChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-13, 22:31   Link #11
bloodydespair

Gaara could be in konoha to get the demon sealed in a way simalar to naruto's. Oro-maru was able to do a seal on the odd seals to block kyuubi completly jiriaya could probly do one on the evens like naruto's is to gaara. This would allow him to use the power but not lose his mind.

Or he could have made a deal with the demon similar to naruto. Or he has someone that loves him now. Co9uld go along with his theme that you need love to cure a wound of the heart.

Lots of possibilities. I would think he is fairly close to being reformed. Fairly common theme in many longer running animes that some of the bad guys will switch sides.
bloodydespair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-13, 22:54   Link #12
Kamui4356
Aria Company

I don't see why everyone thinks Gaara is now reformed. There is probably only one difference. Before he saw two types of people, himself and people to kill. Now he recoginizes that there's a third type, friends, who are people you don't kill.
Old 2004-04-13, 23:13   Link #13
Bronwen Stx
Did you say something?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamui4356
I don't see why everyone thinks Gaara is now reformed. There is probably only one difference. Before he saw two types of people, himself and people to kill. Now he recoginizes that there's a third type, friends, who are people you don't kill.
Have to agree with this one. I still think he has mental problems, seeing as Shukaku still a part of him and is not likely gonna go away. He just...prioritized his killing intentions; he'll kill people...uh...enemies...

Although with that smirk...I just...am so excited to read what happens next. This is going to be quite the showdown, the leaf genins being teamed up with the sand ones...*cackles*
Bronwen Stx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-13, 23:43   Link #14
sumflip
(''\(=' . '=)/'')

Send a message via AIM to sumflip Send a message via MSN to sumflip
so, is gaara sort of like a good-guy-bad-guy now? o.O (sort of like vegeta, if anyone's ever watched dragonball z)
sumflip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-14, 00:16   Link #15
Lst2touchdasky

Send a message via AIM to Lst2touchdasky
I believe that shakaku was defeated that time a while back, or that he is extremely weakened- because of this gaara has become the greater of his 2 personalities: Gaara's ability to still control the sand could be a effect from Shakaku's chakra and Gaara's chakra merging together like how kyubii mixes with naruto. My reasoning behind this- The writer isnt going to make gaara a good guy and make him a lot stronger: hes going to put some sort of handicap on gaara, if you follow this theory: with shakaku gone, gaaras control over the sand will be weaker, yet with his sanity- he will be able to control it so many different ways it makes up for his weakness.

Note: i should read this over to see if it makes sense. but im lazy: so i dont care
Lst2touchdasky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-14, 00:36   Link #16
MasafumiGotoh

Quote:
so, is gaara sort of like a good-guy-bad-guy now? o.O (sort of like vegeta, if anyone's ever watched dragonball z)
ewww dont post similarities with DBZ! hehe J/K

Its like Tao Ren in Shaman King. Or maybe a Ciel and Arucried in Tsukihime. Anyway I guess they were following orders from Mr Kazekage. Whoever that is Kage now they probaly re allied the leaf.

Remember Temari? In the anime shes all like were fighting with the Leaf? Our Allies? Its was in some episode but I forget if this was in the manga.

So maybe Gaara is stable but he will still kill. As some of you predicted he might fight Kimimaro!
MasafumiGotoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-14, 03:05   Link #17
Fei-san
Monkeykyou Sharingan

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxNarutoFanxX
ewww dont post similarities with DBZ! hehe J/K

Its like Tao Ren in Shaman King. Or maybe a Ciel and Arucried in Tsukihime. Anyway I guess they were following orders from Mr Kazekage. Whoever that is Kage now they probaly re allied the leaf.

Remember Temari? In the anime shes all like were fighting with the Leaf? Our Allies? Its was in some episode but I forget if this was in the manga.

So maybe Gaara is stable but he will still kill. As some of you predicted he might fight Kimimaro!
never noticed he might fight Kimimaro!!
i was thinking he would just walk away
Fei-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-23, 23:56   Link #18
Gaara_of_the_Sand000
Ninja of the Sand Village

gaara's personality

it would be hard to change after what i've been through. but it all depends... through time. love...?
Gaara_of_the_Sand000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-24, 00:17   Link #19
sarcasteak
WAHA~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamui4356
I'm going with Kamui here. Besides, shinobi isn't "supposed" to be all nice and merciful to actual enemies. But I'll take it one step further and suggest that Garaa might try suppressing his blood lust and spare opponents (NOT enemies) from now on...meaning people who managed to be challenging in friendly/competitive battles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaara_of_the_Sand000
it would be hard to change after what i've been through. but it all depends... through time. love...?
Hahahaha...this isn't the first time I've heard someone speak for his screenname's character, but after reading the entire thread for the first time I just cracked up here!
sarcasteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-24, 04:25   Link #20
refused!

I think that he took pleasure in killing because everyone hated him, and he wanted to grow stronger and stronger, but he saw that even though how strong he got, that Naruto gave everything to save the ones he loved, and wouldn't give up, no mather how strong Gaara was. Because of that he understood that it is the only way to be able to release all your powers, fighting for someone precious... he then remembered what Yashamaru (sp?) said about love, and that problaby changed his mind, and he started thinking "If I can become like Naruto, be loved by people, and love people, I can become truly strong". That's why he apologized, problaby....
refused! is offline   Reply With Quote