Voters: 312. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-06-12, 23:48   Link #1061
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witacume View Post
lol i meant in the world of geass. lol
<=== theology major.
I still don't see how that's interesting even in the context of Code Geass, since the Church of England was established before the founding of Britannia. Also, it's an absolute monarchy. Making the Emperor also the leader of the Church is a basic step to power.
Kang Seung Jae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-12, 23:52   Link #1062
Witacume
Kalulu YES WE CAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kang Seung Jae View Post
I still don't see how that's interesting even in the context of Code Geass, since the Church of England was established before the founding of Britannia. Also, it's an absolute monarchy. Making the Emperor also the leader of the Church is a basic step to power.
well to be quite hones ti didn't know that much about the history of Geass. Also i would go on argue but it is pointless because this is a moot point.
Witacume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-12, 23:55   Link #1063
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witacume View Post
well to be quite hones ti didn't know that much about the history of Geass. Also i would go on argue but it is pointless because this is a moot point.
All right.

In the meantime, mind if you write things a bit more clearly?
Kang Seung Jae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-12, 23:59   Link #1064
Witacume
Kalulu YES WE CAN

Quote:
All right.

In the meantime, mind if you write things a bit more clearly?
Sure, i just was writing really fast. I apologize.
Witacume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-13, 07:32   Link #1065
ZeroSama
All Hail Lelouch!
*Author

After rewatching EP 9 again i've come across a plot inconsistency. Lulu played the game of chess against Schenziel to get Suzaku out of the way so he could geass everyone right? After Xinge Ke staged his coup Suzaku could be seen running off with Cecile(probably to Avalon for Lancelot) so why didn't/doesn't Lelouch use that opportunity to geass everyone in the room into becoming his lackey?

It would've been a golden opportunity for him with all the important people in the room. Hell he could've geassed the Brittanians and sent them back as sleeper agents.
ZeroSama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-13, 07:38   Link #1066
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroSama View Post
After rewatching EP 9 again i've come across a plot inconsistency. Lulu played the game of chess against Schenziel to get Suzaku out of the way so he could geass everyone right? After Xinge Ke staged his coup Suzaku could be seen running off with Cecile(probably to Avalon for Lancelot) so why didn't/doesn't Lelouch use that opportunity to geass everyone in the room into becoming his lackey?

It would've been a golden opportunity for him with all the important people in the room. Hell he could've geassed the Brittanians and sent them back as sleeper agents.
I'm guessing for whatever reason Li's rebellion no longer made it necessary, or so he thinks.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-13, 07:45   Link #1067
ZeroSama
All Hail Lelouch!
*Author

Li isn't neccessarily guaranteed to go along with his plans and operation "capture the Loli" doesn't really seem to have made him more co-operative judging by his reaction and if the following episode spoliers are anything to go by.

What happens at the wedding is the situation was trying to create at the banquet i.e. no Suzaku. Why would he pass it up? He can get all the Eunnch's on his side like Gohai, Li and Tian Zi plus 2 rounds, Schenziel(who'll be one of his most difficult adversaries) plus Kannon and one useless figure-head Prince. Its one big win if he can geass them all in secret and Suzaku isn't any wiser. All he has to do is give the order "obey all my commands" and there permanently on his side whether they want to be or not.

Last edited by ZeroSama; 2008-06-13 at 08:19.
Old 2008-06-13, 07:57   Link #1068
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Quote:
Li isn't neccessarily guaranteed to go along with his plans and operation capture "capture the Loli" doesn't really seem to have made him more co-operative judging by his reaction and if the following episode spoliers are anything to go by.

What happens at the wedding is the situation was trying to create at the banquet i.e. no Suzaku. Why would he pass it up? He can get all the Eunnch's on his side like Gohai, Li and Tian Zi plus 2 rounds, Schenziel(who'll be one of his most difficult adversaries) plus Kannon and one useless figure-head Prince. Its one big win if he can geass them all in secret and Suzaku isn't any wiser. All he has to do is give the order "obey all my commands" and there permanently on his side whether they want to be or not.
Good point. Maybe next episode (though probably not) he'll use that method to escape. Who knows? Then again that would mean a quick end to Li, Schneizel, Gino and Anya so I'm thinking no.
Old 2008-06-13, 08:03   Link #1069
ZeroSama
All Hail Lelouch!
*Author

Its a perfectly logical thing to do in that situation though. Lets put it this way if you were in Lulu's situation wouldn't you do it? To my mind there seems to be absolutely no drawbacks whatsoever.

I can appreciate in terms of the plot it would be an anti-climax if they were all brushed out of the way so easily but if he uses his geass to just escape then Taniguchi is an asshole for creating a huge plot hole.
Old 2008-06-13, 08:08   Link #1070
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Quote:
Doesn't change the fact that its a massive plot hole though.
The scenes not over until it's over (cliffhanger stuff), but yeah it seems odd that he wouldn't take the opportunity right away. By the way, somethings not technically a plot whole unless the whole scene has resolve and there is no way to fit it in. Even then this is not so much a plothole as an inconsistency if there's no explanation as to why he didn't use the Geass.
Old 2008-06-13, 08:18   Link #1071
ZeroSama
All Hail Lelouch!
*Author

I meant Lulu acting completely OOC and doing a complete 180 from what he intended to do the night before .

However i'll admit my choice of words when i said plot hole weren't the best but i think you get the idea of what i meant.
Old 2008-06-13, 08:30   Link #1072
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
I meant Lulu acting completely OOC and doing a complete 180 from what he intended to do the night before .
You can't claim he acted out of character until you know what he is actually DOING.

There is no plothole because there is no PLOT. You might as well complain about a plot-hole in a movie using what you saw in the movie trailer.
Old 2008-06-13, 08:38   Link #1073
ZeroSama
All Hail Lelouch!
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
You can't claim he acted out of character until you know what he is actually DOING.

There is no plothole because there is no PLOT. You might as well complain about a plot-hole in a movie using what you saw in the movie trailer.
Lulu is a devious bugger. Thats part of the reason why i'm a fan of his. I just find it highly difficult to wrap my head around the concept that he didn't geass them all. It would've made his life signifigantly easier in the long run and guaranteed that the CF wouldn't be weakened through a power struggle between the coup forces and Eunnchs or moved them into an anti-OotBK position from his aforementioned Loli operation. Hell it seems to have moved Britannia and the CF closer together.
Old 2008-06-13, 09:02   Link #1074
JMvS
Rawrrr!

Quote:
No, it's just a concept that most people don't know. I mean, although the Church of England has over 13 million members, most non-English people don't really know about it.

Also, the Eastern Orthodox Church originally had a similar concept, until the Ottoman conquered the Byzantine Empire. This is not including the various rulers who had both political and religious powers in the past.
Altough the Orthodox Church has a tradition of obeying the political power in charge, calling the Basileus an equivalent of the Pope would be quite far fetched. As the organization of the orthodox church is much more multicephalian than the catholic or english ones:

-as in the west, they have bishops and ruling them on a regional scale, a patriarch who was also the bishop of a major city; historically, the Pope who is the bishop of Rome, was the Patriarch of the occidental part of the Empire (pope Benedict XVI renouced it only two years ago).

-until the fall of the Byzantine Empire, the Patriarch of Constantinopolis had (and still retain) a primacy among the others patriarch within the influence sphere of the Empire, and as such was considered chief of the Church. Even if he was under the influence of the Basileus, he WAS the chief of the Church.

-a good comparison would be Russia, which displayed similarly a Church submitted to the power of the Czar and later to the Soviet. Altough it's head was influenced, it still had its own proper head.
JMvS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-13, 09:57   Link #1075
KrimzonStriker

Quote:
Lulu is a devious bugger. Thats part of the reason why i'm a fan of his. I just find it highly difficult to wrap my head around the concept that he didn't geass them all. It would've made his life signifigantly easier in the long run and guaranteed that the CF wouldn't be weakened through a power struggle between the coup forces and Eunnchs or moved them into an anti-OotBK position from his aforementioned Loli operation. Hell it seems to have moved Britannia and the CF closer together.
Can we at least give him a chance to explain before we go condemning him like that, after all he is a devious bugger as you said so he must have some type of plan underneath that madness
Old 2008-06-13, 10:05   Link #1076
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Geass people all at once would require Lulu Geassing them all to do the SAME-THING. Geass needed verbal command, and as such a simultaneous mass-geass would only allow a single command for everyone.

Under that situation, the only Geass command he could give is to make them kill themselves. That's hardly Zero's style.
Old 2008-06-13, 10:26   Link #1077
Lowell1025

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Geass people all at once would require Lulu Geassing them all to do the SAME-THING. Geass needed verbal command, and as such a simultaneous mass-geass would only allow a single command for everyone.

Under that situation, the only Geass command he could give is to make them kill themselves. That's hardly Zero's style.
"obey my every command from now on"

PS: =P
Lowell1025 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-13, 10:32   Link #1078
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowell1025 View Post
"obey my every command from now on"

PS: =P
Great, I bring this up in the Spoilers and Speculations thread as a possibility, and next thing I know everyone's quoting it. -_-"

But yeah. Why not that particular command? Has he tested something like that before?
Ascaloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-13, 10:36   Link #1079
Lowell1025

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascaloth View Post
Great, I bring this up in the Spoilers and Speculations thread as a possibility, and next thing I know everyone's quoting it. -_-"

But yeah. Why not that particular command? Has he tested something like that before?
Cuz.....that would kill the show....or rather, many potential plots author wants to write. Plus if we go back to season 1, when Suzaku had him detained in Lancelot, Lulu could of gave the command like "Obey my every command, now LIVE!!"

PS: I thought of this the first time his geass power was used, so I think the patent should be mine
Lowell1025 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-13, 10:42   Link #1080
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowell1025 View Post
Cuz.....that would kill the show. Plus if we go back to season 1, when Suzaku had him detained in Lancelot, Lulu could of gave the command like "Obey my every command, now LIVE!!"

PS: I thought of this the first time his geass power was used, so I think the patent should be mine
Oh take the patent if you want, I don't care.

So....basically if the assumption that this hasn't been explained away is correct, we can say this is a massive plot hole?

Alright, now that I've said that, time to seat back and watch the Geass Defenders Cavalry make another charge at me again, I guess? And expect more negs, while I'm at it. >_>
Ascaloth is offline   Reply With Quote