Notices

Old 2004-04-16, 15:34   Link #361
realdeal
The Real Deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by aahhsin
Isn't Sasuke the Vegeta already?

Think about it.

Vegeta is the guy that beats up all the minons yet loses to the big bad boss.

Sasuke beats Temari (in the anime)

Loses to Garra (To make Garra seem like he's freaking powerful)

Naruto then beats Garra (Makes naruto even more powerful)

sigh...i knew someone was gonna come up with a comment like that. Think about it yourself, vegeta was a villain converted to hero, was sasuke a villain? no, so u cant compare vegeta and sasuke in that way of the switch cos sasuke hasnt made the switch. Gaara however may make the switch and his switch from baddass to good can be compared to the vegeta switch. Vegeta unlike the other characters in DBZ switched but not totally, he kept some of his darkside with him unlike some of the other characters, point is thats what Gaara will do, gaara was portrayed to be very evil too much to suddenly turn into goody-2-shoes.
realdeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-16, 16:11   Link #362
Kouji
StrykerX

Quote:
Isn't Sasuke the Vegeta already?

Think about it.

Vegeta is the guy that beats up all the minons yet loses to the big bad boss.

Sasuke beats Temari (in the anime)

Loses to Garra (To make Garra seem like he's freaking powerful)

Naruto then beats Garra (Makes naruto even more powerful)
Uh, no offense. But where did you come up with a crazy idea like this. First of all, Sasuke isn't Vegeta. Vegeta is evil, Sasuke is good. I mean c'mon, why do you think Sasuke does what he does. It's because he wants to save his comrades (aside from Naruto helping him), he even says so in ep 78.

It'll be more like in Raven's case (Zoids: Chaotic Century), cuz Raven & Gaara share the same trait. Like Raven became a badass himself, due to a tragic past. And later on he became good, same thing would probably go for Gaara.
Old 2004-04-16, 17:19   Link #363
aahhsin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kouji
Uh, no offense. But where did you come up with a crazy idea like this. First of all, Sasuke isn't Vegeta. Vegeta is evil, Sasuke is good. I mean c'mon, why do you think Sasuke does what he does. It's because he wants to save his comrades (aside from Naruto helping him), he even says so in ep 78.
Vegeta is good guy. He acts bad, but he fights on the good side later. Call him mr. Anti-hero. And so is sasuke in a way. You don't think Vegeta wants to save his comrades? Trunks dies he goes beserk. Gohan losing to Cell in a big fireball fight, Vegeta interupts.

Here's my theory on why Sasuke is the Vegeta of Naruto.

Take, Sasuke vs Garra.

He whips Temari up good.

Then later in that arc, they fight big bad Garra.

Sasuke loses. Naruto wins.

Lets compare that to the DBZ arc of Freeza.

Vegeta, beats up that fat pink guy, beats most of freeza's henchmen

Loses to Big Bad Freeza

Goku comes and beats freeza.

So in conclusion.

One can state, Sasuke and Vegeta are both "jobbers" where they are the strong guy that loses to the big boss just to make the boss stronger.

Quote:
sigh...i knew someone was gonna come up with a comment like that. Think about it yourself, vegeta was a villain converted to hero, was sasuke a villain? no, so u cant compare vegeta and sasuke in that way of the switch cos sasuke hasnt made the switch. Gaara however may make the switch and his switch from baddass to good can be compared to the vegeta switch. Vegeta unlike the other characters in DBZ switched but not totally, he kept some of his darkside with him unlike some of the other characters, point is thats what Gaara will do, gaara was portrayed to be very evil too much to suddenly turn into goody-2-shoes.
This has nothing to do with converting from the good side to the dark side. Reread what i wrote. I'm not comparing ambitions.

I'm comparing how the characters are used. Used as in fighting purposes. Not their storylines.
aahhsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-16, 21:47   Link #364
Kouji
StrykerX

Anyways, wouldn't you think that this' a little bit off topic?
Old 2004-04-17, 00:50   Link #365
rock and stones

why are we even bringing DBZ into the pic? this IS a naruto thread remember??

go temari!!
rock and stones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-17, 01:22   Link #366
Kouji
StrykerX

Quote:
Vegeta is good guy. He acts bad, but he fights on the good side later. Call him mr. Anti-hero. And so is sasuke in a way. You don't think Vegeta wants to save his comrades? Trunks dies he goes beserk. Gohan losing to Cell in a big fireball fight, Vegeta interupts.

Here's my theory on why Sasuke is the Vegeta of Naruto.

Take, Sasuke vs Garra.

He whips Temari up good.

Then later in that arc, they fight big bad Garra.

Sasuke loses. Naruto wins.

Lets compare that to the DBZ arc of Freeza.

Vegeta, beats up that fat pink guy, beats most of freeza's henchmen

Loses to Big Bad Freeza

Goku comes and beats freeza.

So in conclusion.

One can state, Sasuke and Vegeta are both "jobbers" where they are the strong guy that loses to the big boss just to make the boss stronger.

This has nothing to do with converting from the good side to the dark side. Reread what i wrote. I'm not comparing ambitions.

I'm comparing how the characters are used. Used as in fighting purposes. Not their storylines.
I thought this was only for the manga ch 212 discussion and not DBZ. If you want DBZ, they have a general anime discussion.
Old 2004-04-17, 07:57   Link #367
realdeal
The Real Deal

Quote:

Ermmmm, the original questions flying around were what will gaara be like now. So I told them he will be like vegeta, the conversion from bad to good but not total good was a perfect example. Someone then(dunno if it was you) commented sasuke is already the vegeta, well thats stupid cos he/you were commenting on my comment therefore it is my comment that you/he did not read properly and not the other way round.
realdeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-17, 08:25   Link #368
rock and stones

one more week... its killing me
Old 2004-04-17, 12:05   Link #369
Besa
[ЀÅÐ]

Send a message via MSN to Besa
Quote:
Originally Posted by That Other Ninja
Of course it'll be tough for him, since Kimimaro's like pseudo-alive it won't be that easy to get rid of him before he's really gone, if ever. It's just not good story development, to introduce someone that important so soon then kill him off. So obviously it won't be easy.

Anyway, i'm more interested in Kiba + Kankuro's situation. Lee n Gaara r no pushovers, Temari's probably the weakest among the 3 sand siblings but she's got the most cunning Leaf member with her, so it'll be interesting to see how Kiba n Kankuro will handle Sakon n Ukon. Since Kiba seems to be the weakest of the leaf team aside from Choji.

Yeah,actually the kiba and kankuro situation is the most interesting of the three.
Besa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-17, 13:25   Link #370
Splur

it was a total surprise for me. i was expecting kakashi and gai to come in...some how. but yea, the three sand nins came in. it's killing me to find out whats going to happen next.

i hope gaara is developed well into the next few chapters, hes the coolest.
Old 2004-04-17, 16:18   Link #371
aahhsin

Quote:
Originally Posted by realdeal
Ermmmm, the original questions flying around were what will gaara be like now. So I told them he will be like vegeta, the conversion from bad to good but not total good was a perfect example. Someone then(dunno if it was you) commented sasuke is already the vegeta, well thats stupid cos he/you were commenting on my comment therefore it is my comment that you/he did not read properly and not the other way round.
huh? I seriously didn't understand that.

I'm not saying he's vegeta as in Sasuke turning evil and Vegeta is evil then turns good.

He's vegeta in the sense where he makes the "boss" look stronger then he already is.

I'll give the example again with DBZ.

When Vegeta fights Freeza. Vegeta loses, loses bad. You agree here correct?
However, when Goku comes and fights Freeza, Goku is able to go toe to toe and eventually defeat Freeza.

This gives us watchers a sense that Freeza is very powerful because he beats a very strong guy in Vegeta. But when Goku fights Freeza, we are now given a sense that Goku has become incredibly more powerful. Since he at first went toe to toe with Vegeta now is able to fight a guy that defeated him.

So now keep that in mind.

Here's what happens in Naruto.

Sasuke a strong guy, beats many other guys. He then fights the "boss" Garra. Which he loses, loses pretty bad. We are now given a sense that Garra is very powerful. More powerful then Sasuke a supposely very powerful guy. Now Naruto comes in. Naruto is able to fight Garra. And eventually defeat him. This gives the sense that Naruto is more powerful then Sasuke when he wasn't before.

So in other words.

Sasuke and Vegeta are 2 very strong guys that are made to make the "boss" look stronger then he really is. A jobber so to speak.

And that is why Sasuke is the Vegeta of Naruto.

Edit :

Time to get back on topic. Because obviously nobody here understands exactly what my point is. because they can't even narrow a point down to different things.

What happened to Sakon/Ukon? Whose out right now and whose asleep?
aahhsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-17, 16:43   Link #372
Loki_Sama
I do as I please... ¬_¬

Send a message via MSN to Loki_Sama
WORD.......that is correct, if ppl here just dont get their facts straight, they wont accept it.

Since we all know many Naruto-faunboys HATE DBZ,,,,,,,but if you look really into it.........Naruto is actually following same steps as DBZ.....and i like both. We all must remember that DBZ was what actually started many of you to watch or even know what Anime was. The US edited version SUCKS, so dont judge DB by watching US version, try the original Japanese, or the one in Mexico, that was NEVER edited, language was strong, and violance was all from the Japanese, even the soundtracks and all. It was even at night time for kids not to watch it.

Is OT i know but just brought it up.
Loki_Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-17, 19:16   Link #373
eLstar
(^_^)v

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki_Sama
WORD.......that is correct, if ppl here just dont get their facts straight, they wont accept it.

Since we all know many Naruto-faunboys HATE DBZ,,,,,,,but if you look really into it.........Naruto is actually following same steps as DBZ.....and i like both. We all must remember that DBZ was what actually started many of you to watch or even know what Anime was. The US edited version SUCKS, so dont judge DB by watching US version, try the original Japanese, or the one in Mexico, that was NEVER edited, language was strong, and violance was all from the Japanese, even the soundtracks and all. It was even at night time for kids not to watch it.

Is OT i know but just brought it up.
I don't think aahhsin means any harm, using the characters of DBZ is a classic way to measure the type of characters that is Sasuke.

However I do suggest that you all please stop talking about DBZ.

///_^
eLstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-17, 20:30   Link #374
Loki_Sama
I do as I please... ¬_¬

Send a message via MSN to Loki_Sama
I wasnt really trying to diss anyone about it, if it offended anyone here, i apologize.
______
<|SORRY|>
\( ^o^ )/
Loki_Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-18, 04:36   Link #375
ma1nstream

Send a message via AIM to ma1nstream
so, what are your thoughts, gaara is a good guy now? or does he still have the same kill kill kill motive!? even after what hes been through, also, thoughts on Lee-san seeing Gaara!? will he not care because he had the surgery and everything turned out ok, or grudge? or will he just be happy cause someone is there to save his ass!

btw. I read the entire Manga(chap 28-212[read 1-27 previously]) today, it was raining and i was extreamly bored, this is getting exciting ^_^ cant wait for it to animate i thought shikimaru could handle that chick on his own though(why does he always get stuck with the women..) but it is nice to see sexy temari again :P
ma1nstream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-18, 04:45   Link #376
nh1
KAWAIII-III!!!! >^_^ >

Quote:
Originally Posted by ma1nstream
why does he always get stuck with the women...
Because he's a babe-magnet of course
Old 2004-04-18, 08:01   Link #377
rock and stones

wat can i say? females are more into great minds?
Old 2004-04-18, 08:49   Link #378
Dragon Flame
Wet Kimimaro Love

Send a message via ICQ to Dragon Flame
the reason why women love Shika... the things he can do with the Shadow Bind Jutsu, imagine all the hands...
Old 2004-04-18, 08:55   Link #379
kakashilion
has big feet

thats disturbing ...
kakashilion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-18, 09:10   Link #380
nh1
KAWAIII-III!!!! >^_^ >

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakashilion
thats disturbing ...
That's the truth ...