Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-07-01, 05:57   Link #8921
qtipbrit
Buddhajew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psieye View Post
Naive! Not all clothes are designed with that in mind.
*skip essay on psychological, protective and social hierarchy functions of clothes*
Yeah I'm coming out of an all-nighter and just want to get home here. While most clothes do cover the body, some are designed to evoke imaginations/illusions which are more powerful than seeing the naked body itself.

Then you get to some of Urushihara's clothes in his H works. Of course, he's not the only one to have made clothes of that type for characters, but his works are iconic.
Gah, oppai.
DFC is good, oppai is meh, but the middle is perfect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisu View Post
Just published my summary and review of the first drama CD.

Spoiler warning! No clicking if you plan on watching the sub!!
Duz not cumpyut.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FiREwing View Post
^ How come her skirt barely covers her buttox and front buttox? CLOTHES ARE FOR COVERING YOUR BODY PPLZ.
Quote:
her buttox and front buttox?
Quote:
front buttox?
Quote:
f?
Quote:
Anyway with all this key love right now maybe I'll play planatarian but I'm only on day 14 of kanon and haven't even beat Perfect Cherry Blossom. I failz.
mmm... I've only tried the story mode of Perfect Cherry Blossom once.
I still can't even go through stage 2 without dying once, so I'm still practicing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demi. View Post
NOOOOOO...
/wrist
YEEEESS!?
Quote:
Originally Posted by KholdStare View Post
I don't know... I was so confident that Hinagiku was going to beat Konata, by at least 50 votes. However, that didn't happen. Even though I'm also sure that Fate will win, my confidence is slipping away...
Fate is more popular than Hina.
But she might lose because of 4chan trolls and whichever retard decided to rally them.
Old 2008-07-01, 06:05   Link #8922
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Quote:
YEEEESS!?
No.
Since I have an above average IQ, I've come up with a solution though... Just vote Shana and have my friend vote Sakura K.

Quote:
Originally Posted by qtipbrit
@Demi. No, if you abstain, I will find a bunch of KyoAni fanboys/girls and campaign for Konata.
Quote:
Fate is more popular than Hina.
But she might lose because of 4chan trolls and whichever retard decided to rally them.
Old 2008-07-01, 06:10   Link #8923
FiREwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by qtipbrit92 View Post
Quote:
^ How come her skirt barely covers her buttox and front buttox? CLOTHES ARE FOR COVERING YOUR BODY PPLZ.
Quote:
her buttox and front buttox?
Quote:
front buttox?
Quote:
f?
I messed up ok. God. ;_;
Old 2008-07-01, 06:55   Link #8924
Crisu
ISML Kaichō
*IT Support

Quote:
By the way, we're bad people:
Wait, what? planetarian isn't eroge, though. Is that from insani and the res tof the translation group? I know they don't encourage piracy, but ... it's not like my chances of buying the retail game would have changed any had they not done the translation. >_>

In fact, thanks to their translation, I'm a super fan of planetarian and would buy a Yumemi figure if one were available. Also posters and artbooks. So I will get Key their money in some way.

Also you can watch the sub. =\ There are a few images in it; otherwise it's all reading, which is watching. Because if I merely listened to the drama, I unfortunately wouldn't get much out of it. I'll be fluent someday...

Quote:
Originally Posted by KholdStare View Post
I'll tell you right now. Air, Elfen Lied, Now and Then, and Haibane Renmei didn't give me the ending impact that Planetarian did.
Woo! So happy it moved you so much.

Quote:
Fortunately Yumemi's too innocent to notice. Although I do wonder what the planetarium's visitors think.

She's a robot anyway, so I would assume there's nothing down there anyway, buuuut... who knows.

Quote:
Naive! Not all clothes are designed with that in mind.
*skip essay on psychological, protective and social hierarchy functions of clothes*
Yeah I'm coming out of an all-nighter and just want to get home here. While most clothes do cover the body, some are designed to evoke imaginations/illusions which are more powerful than seeing the naked body itself.
Hai! What's left to the imagination is much better. You can come up with creative clothing, but naked is naked; very limited in what you can do once there.

Quote:
I messed up ok. God. ;_;
No you typed it correctly, it looks like. I think you just blew his mind with the concept of "front buttox." I mean they still loo--nah, nevermind.

But I understood what you meant. *huggles*
Old 2008-07-01, 07:48   Link #8925
Psieye
Lore Hunter

Send a message via AIM to Psieye Send a message via MSN to Psieye
Quote:
Gah, oppai.
DFC is good, oppai is meh, but the middle is perfect.
Same here, but that link was to make a point rather different from oppai.

Yeah though, I was rather confused when I read the upcoming Sekirei is one of the most anticipated shows this Summer. I'm not enthused given the somewhat generic setting and the high fanservice approach with a cast that have bipolar bust: either they are Loli Flat or Massive Oppai with no middle ground. If I'm to like a busty character, they need to have earned the right to have Massive Oppai, not just because the artist decided to endow them or that they're mature ladies (why is it that most mature lady characters always have a huge rack?).

Moe Culture Essays (my archive of my long posts); J Saimoe 2008 Wiki pages (minimialistic ASuki link library for now)
Old 2008-07-01, 08:25   Link #8926
qtipbrit
Buddhajew

Quote:
Wait, what? planetarian isn't eroge, though. Is that from insani and the res tof the translation group? I know they don't encourage piracy, but ... it's not like my chances of buying the retail game would have changed any had they not done the translation. >_>

In fact, thanks to their translation, I'm a super fan of planetarian and would buy a Yumemi figure if one were available. Also posters and artbooks. So I will get Key their money in some way.
Yeah, it's from their faq. (I had to go there to learn game specs). It's partially but not really our fault that they're no longer subbing visual novels.
By the way, Kanon game torrent just hit upload:download ratio of 10.
Quote:
Also you can watch the sub. =\ There are a few images in it; otherwise it's all reading, which is watching. Because if I merely listened to the drama, I unfortunately wouldn't get much out of it. I'll be fluent someday...
Oh, so it's liek a light novel with sound.
Eh, I guess reading is kind of watching.
Ha, sameverbforbothinjapanesehellyeswheresmyA?
Quote:
She's a robot anyway, so I would assume there's nothing down there anyway, buuuut... who knows.

Hai! What's left to the imagination is much better. You can come up with creative clothing, but naked is naked; very limited in what you can do once there.
Imagination might not be a good thing since we have KholdSecks here.
Quote:
No you typed it correctly, it looks like. I think you just blew his mind with the concept of "front buttox." I mean they still loo--nah, nevermind.
Yes, this "front buttox" concept is vastly different from what I thought was there.
Quote:
Same here, but that link was to make a point rather different from oppai.
What I first noticed on the wiki page was the size and not the clothing.
Quote:
Yeah though, I was rather confused when I read the upcoming Sekirei is one of the most anticipated shows this Summer. I'm not enthused given the somewhat generic setting and the high fanservice approach with a cast that have bipolar bust: either they are Loli Flat or Massive Oppai with no middle ground. If I'm to like a busty character, they need to have earned the right to have Massive Oppai, not just because the artist decided to endow them or that they're mature ladies (why is it that most mature lady characters always have a huge rack?).
mmm.. first impressions of Sekirei were pretty unpleasant, and the only thing that holds any interest to me at all is that Seven Arcs is doing it.

Oh, and everyone, get this nao.
Everseed time.
Old 2008-07-01, 08:26   Link #8927
FiREwing

I wouldn't be able to take serious scenes seriously if there was a mature woman that was a DFC or didn't have huge assets.

Z0MFG EF DVD? DO WANT. DO WANT.
Old 2008-07-01, 08:29   Link #8928
qtipbrit
Buddhajew

Quote:
I wouldn't be able to take serious scenes seriously if there was a mature woman that was a DFC or didn't have huge assets.
There are no mature women in anime.

Eh.

I don't really think women can have DFCs, they might be small, but they're certainly there.

Gah, ugly subs.
Simple and clean are superior.
Old 2008-07-01, 08:32   Link #8929
Psieye
Lore Hunter

Send a message via AIM to Psieye Send a message via MSN to Psieye
Quote:
Of course you won't find the NSFW stuff on that page. You need to dig around to find say... Ragnarok City or Lady Innocent.

Moe Culture Essays (my archive of my long posts); J Saimoe 2008 Wiki pages (minimialistic ASuki link library for now)
Old 2008-07-01, 08:32   Link #8930
FiREwing

Personally. Loli>DFC>Healthy.

Are the ugly subs huge? I hate huge subs. Da C(r)apo II S.S.'s subs are huge. Ticks me off.

Btw 150+kB/s.8D
Old 2008-07-01, 08:36   Link #8931
Crisu
ISML Kaichō
*IT Support

Quote:
Yeah, it's from their faq. (I had to go there to learn game specs). It's partially but not really our fault that they're no longer subbing visual novels.
Well as I said, Key will still get their money from me when they license a Yumemi figure to be sculpted. Or if I can somehow find a way to buy the supplemental storybook .. or any posters.

Quote:
Oh, so it's liek a light novel with sound.
Eh, I guess reading is kind of watching.
Ha, sameverbforbothinjapanesehellyeswheresmyA?
Yomu? Miru? Well...

Quote:
Imagination might not be a good thing since we have KholdSecks here.
He prefers direct nudity? Or are you saying his imagination is a little bit out of control?

Quote:
What I first noticed was how paper-thin the clothing were. Or it must have been extremely cold in the room...

Quote:
Oh, and everyone, get this nao.
Everseed time.
Already finished e.f. I'm waiting on the sequel. Lovely story; sweeter soundtrack. SHAFT did a magnificent job.

Quote:
Wait... that means the only women you take seriously are the ones that DO have huge assets.

All girls are different. What's your size then?
Old 2008-07-01, 08:41   Link #8932
qtipbrit
Buddhajew

Quote:
Of course you won't find the NSFW stuff on that page. You need to dig around to find say... Ragnarok City or Lady Innocent.
Oh, is that what you were talking about?
Eh.
Quote:
Personally. Loli>DFC>Healthy.

Are the ugly subs huge? I hate huge subs. Da C(r)apo II S.S.'s subs are huge. Ticks me off.

Btw 150+kB/s.8D
Well, the subs are kind of big (not that much bigger than Menclave's version, but theyre... wider?) and kind of but not really curly.
Same subs as Menclave's, just a different font.

I hit 200 kb/s HA.

I might be uploading it to you if you're on Azureus or Bitcomet.

Last edited by qtipbrit; 2008-07-01 at 08:56.
Old 2008-07-01, 08:49   Link #8933
FiREwing

Quote:
Oh, is that what you were talking about?
Eh.

Well, the subs are kind of big (not that much bigger than Menclave's version, but theyre... wider?) and kind of but not really curly.
Same subs as Menclave's, just a different font.

I hit 200 kb/s HA.

I might be uploading it to you if you're on Azureus or Bitcomet.
Drat. I'm on utorrent. :/ I don't care about font as long as I can read it.

Quote:

You could say I'm a loli. I'm like the 4th from shortest in my class now that I look at the class picture. Everyone grew like 5 ft during the school year while I grew maybe 2 cm.
Old 2008-07-01, 08:57   Link #8934
qtipbrit
Buddhajew

Quote:
Drat. I'm on utorrent. :/ I don't care about font as long as I can read it.
Yeah, sometimes it's a bit distracting, but this isn't the worst I've seen.
Quote:
You could say I'm a loli. I'm like the 4th from shortest in my class now that I look at the class picture. Everyone grew like 5 ft during the school year while I grew maybe 2 cm.
Ha! I'm a tall Asian.
Kind of.

Tall for an Asian, I guess.
Lolis are epic.
You are epic.
Quote:
Well as I said, Key will still get their money from me when they license a Yumemi figure to be sculpted. Or if I can somehow find a way to buy the supplemental storybook .. or any posters.
Ah, figures are pretty expensive and I'm too busy being cheap to buy stuff.
I would actually get some sweet Gundam figure first. ZGMF-X10A Freedom hell yes.
Then Gurren Lagann.
Or Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann.
Quote:
Yomu? Miru? Well...
Same kanji maybe?
I don't know, I fail at Japanese.
Quote:
He prefers direct nudity? Or are you saying his imagination is a little bit out of control?
Eh, he's a special case.
Quote:
What I first noticed was how paper-thin the clothing were. Or it must have been extremely cold in the room...
lol. It was probably pretty nippy out.
Quote:
Already finished e.f. I'm waiting on the sequel. Lovely story; sweeter soundtrack. SHAFT did a magnificent job.
Watch it again.
Quote:
I filled a 34B with tissue.

EDIT: Fail, I found a DVD rip of Kanon that had Eclipse's subs in a decent font, so I have to download now.

Last edited by qtipbrit; 2008-07-01 at 09:12.
Old 2008-07-01, 09:10   Link #8935
Crisu
ISML Kaichō
*IT Support

Quote:
Drat. I'm on utorrent.
Client shouldn't matter too much, right? You're still all connected using the same protocol.

Quote:
Aw, I wanna hug you now.

Quote:
Ha! I'm a tall Asian.
Kind of.
I'm 5'8" ... but I'm also 23 and probably done growing. qtip has a few more years of growth left.

Quote:
Ah, figures are pretty expensive and I'm too busy being cheap to buy stuff.
Make A's and get scholarships. Then buy figures with that money. S'what I'm doing.

Quote:
Same kanji maybe?
I don't know, I fail at Japanese.
. Nah. Yomu is 読む while Miru is 見る

Quote:
Watch it again.
Later.

Quote:
I filled a 34B with tissue.
lol ... were you groped a lot?
Old 2008-07-01, 09:28   Link #8936
qtipbrit
Buddhajew

Quote:
I'm 5'8" ... but I'm also 23 and probably done growing. qtip has a few more years of growth left.
Nice, I'll be taller than you.
What now?
Quote:
Make A's and get scholarships. Then buy figures with that money. S'what I'm doing.
Smart, that way college funds go into figurines.
PROFIT!
Quote:
Nah. Yomu is 読む while Miru is 見る
Oh, that's just me failing, then.
Quote:
Later.
Now.
Quote:
lol ... were you groped a lot?
Maybe.

By the way. my direct downloads keep breaking now.
Something's wrong.
Old 2008-07-01, 11:10   Link #8937
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Send a message via AIM to minhtam1638
Quote:
Ayu won that match 329-128. She faces Suiseiseki in Emerald 6 actually -- this Friday.
Thursday. Remember Friday is split thanks to the Sapphire 8 rematch.
Old 2008-07-01, 12:59   Link #8938
Crisu
ISML Kaichō
*IT Support

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kami_nomi_zo_Shiru_Sekai

"High school student Keima Katsuragi is the master of the dating simulator "Gal Gaea", but by responding to an email from a devil forces him into a contract where he must use his gaming skills to make women fall in love and thus capture their souls."

</relevant>
Old 2008-07-01, 13:25   Link #8939
Trisse
Habitual Lurker

THIS THREAD MOVES TOO FAST.
Still, nice to see it's as random as always. Personal vote statistics, Planetarian, guess who's taller and general signifiance of clothing... makes for quite a read.
Ahem.

ISML main page tells me it's dead again.

Late again, but
Spoiler for results comments:

Support for all the LS girls is truly amazing...

Speaking of support
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eater of All View Post
Emerald 6 for Yurie will be Tamaki (TH), approaching very soon. (...)
Yeah I intend to Win.
I'm with you on this one. Let's make it a WIN for Yurie.

Trying to sort my priorities for upcoming big matches I dl’ed some AMV’s, as well as Demi’s Fate/Nanoha imagepack. Still wary of magicl girls as a genre, but as for Fate...
One particular avatar sized .gif did it.
I’m sold.
Looks like all the support campaigns are not in vain after all...
Old 2008-07-01, 13:28   Link #8940
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Send a message via AIM to minhtam1638
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trisse View Post
THIS THREAD MOVES TOO FAST.
Still, nice to see it's as random as always. Personal vote statistics, Planetarian, guess who's taller and general signifiance of clothing... makes for quite a read.
Ahem.

ISML main page tells me it's dead again.
At least it's slow enough for anyone to be able to keep up. Last year, the Saimoe thread went fast as hell. I think this year, with the split threads, the ruckus should slow down a bit.

If Weebly says that its down for maitenance, there is really nothing I can do at this point. Otherwise, I'd be moving down to San Francisco to help them out.
Closed Thread

Tags
i-moe, i-saimoe, isml, saimoe