Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2008-07-16, 04:08   Link #581
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeotoxSlayer View Post
That's not true. they have a "Make original games that don't sell to our standards and we'll fire you" view.

Plus there are a few people who are exempt from this like Nomura cause they wouldn't fire him even if his next game turns up a flop.
They should fire him for being utterly talentless and like their single worst employee. Seriously, does anybody like what this guy stands for at all?

It's really depressing because everytime he turns around and pulls some ridiculous looking goth character design based on Gackt with the most flamboyant outfit possible(and I'm not even talking belts and zippers here, I'm talking about the fact that his character designs are repulsive to me) out of his ass, they give him even more responsiblity and director jobs.

He's the one that's been pulling them down the past 5 years or so.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-16, 08:02   Link #582
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Wow, I'm impressed that people hate Nomura's character design. I myself don't like it, and was so happy that he wasn't at all involved with FF12, but there are far worse out there IMO (thinks of Magna Carta for one... BLECH).

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-16, 09:18   Link #583
Shinndou
魂を踊らすように

According Square-Enix it seems like FF13 won't be available sooner than 2010. Man, that's a loooong wait. Thank god other JRPGs are being released for 360 and PS3 to keep me busy.
Shinndou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-16, 09:37   Link #584
kissthestick

Wada's grin at the MS press conference when he came back on stage was just epic.

I love this gen
kissthestick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-16, 09:47   Link #585
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Now that's kind of a big news, I was just about to get meself a PS3 since MGS4 came out, though it's been ages since I last played a Final Fantasy to even get concerned about it. xD

The last Final Fantasy I ever played was FF8, after that I got preoccupied by studies, meaning I had no time to go through FF9 and FF10. And then my interests wandered elsewhere that not even FF11 and FF12 even interested me in the slightest bit.

For the FF franchise, my love would always be FF7 (though FF6 is a very close second), that I'm very tempted to be a sucker and buy all their spinoffs, despite knowing it's all a ploy to milk my wallet.
Kinny Riddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-16, 10:05   Link #586
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinndou View Post
According Square-Enix it seems like FF13 won't be available sooner than 2010. Man, that's a loooong wait. Thank god other JRPGs are being released for 360 and PS3 to keep me busy.
2010 in Japan? So we're getting this on 2011?

This better be good.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-16, 10:09   Link #587
Narzia
┐(-。ー')┌

http://www.gameplayer.com.au/gp_docu...spx?catid=News
Narzia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-16, 10:47   Link #588
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

2010 in Japan or outside of it? Because if its 2010 in Japan, man, us English speaking audience won't probably get it till 2011 if they're planning to release both the PS3 and 360 versions outside of Japan at the same time... O_O

Old 2008-07-16, 10:57   Link #589
2H-Dragon
Silent Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinny Riddle View Post
Now that's kind of a big news, I was just about to get meself a PS3 since MGS4 came out, though it's been ages since I last played a Final Fantasy to even get concerned about it. xD

The last Final Fantasy I ever played was FF8, after that I got preoccupied by studies, meaning I had no time to go through FF9 and FF10. And then my interests wandered elsewhere that not even FF11 and FF12 even interested me in the slightest bit.

For the FF franchise, my love would always be FF7 (though FF6 is a very close second), that I'm very tempted to be a sucker and buy all their spinoffs, despite knowing it's all a ploy to milk my wallet.
You have to play FF9 and FFX though. FFX is my personal favourite and is just solid ass a rock it's hard not to like. FF9 has that magical feel the mood is perfect and it's pretty much a homage to all the previous ff titles. You can let FF11/FF12 slide though.
2H-Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-16, 13:19   Link #590
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

i think X is better than XII, i actually finish X and get all the weapons and abillities but not XII, the new battle system in XII is just not my cup of tea, and the scenes are all grey and brown.
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-16, 14:41   Link #591
Solais
Youkai of Coincidence

I just saw the E3 trailer for FFXIII. Ok, I really can't tell the difference... is it a game or a movie? Or it is purely art itself?

Man, I want a PS3 or a X360. It sucks to be in a country so poor, where having a PS2 is so luxury, that you get bullied because of being "rich bastard" (what actually not true).

I agree with that, while my brother kept saying that how XII is better than X, for me X was more... better. It has more interesting characters and storyline. Everything in XII is dull, everybody looks the same. The only good thing in it the lots of CGs.

Last edited by Solais; 2008-07-16 at 14:58.
Solais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-16, 15:52   Link #592
randomuser83

FF has always been great on the graphics and adapting the game play to evolve as the game does. I know the game will be great with an epic story to tell.
randomuser83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-17, 01:23   Link #593
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

If you're an adventurous one and like to experience a totally different battle system, give FF12 a try. It's quite unlike any I've played before or since, and I for one reward innovation and ingenuity.

I personally couldn't get past 10 hours of FFX, as the leads just didn't draw me in. And if I could care less about the characters, then how much less I can care for the plot? Which really was all FFX had going for it; the battle system was pretty much SNES era gameplay with PS2 graphics.

Old 2008-07-17, 08:00   Link #594
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
I don't want to fall into the "cool gamer" clichés, but FFX had an obvious problem: its linearity. The storyline was not bad, even though Tidus was somewhat annoying, but it was too much of a movie. This is not necessarily a bad thing, but it gets somewhat annoying after a while of only seeing games like that.

FFXII turned things around by presenting a mix between Western and Japanese paradigms of CRPGs. The detail in which Ivalice was presented rivaled that of the Tamriel continent in the Elder Scrolls games. Again (and this is speculation, but I believe it to be somewhat fundamented), the game suffered from business issues: Matsuno was laid off as soon as it became evident that there wasn't going to be any angsty teenager protagonist. And thus, the abomination known as Vaan was created.

I still believe it's a great game, and I definitely enjoyed it much more than X. I spent the regular 45 hours at X without even bothering on the limited sidequests, while I spent more than 80 hours on my first run of XII without even thinking about finishing the game.

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
WanderingKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-17, 11:37   Link #595
2H-Dragon
Silent Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderingKnight View Post
I don't want to fall into the "cool gamer" clichés, but FFX had an obvious problem: its linearity. The storyline was not bad, even though Tidus was somewhat annoying, but it was too much of a movie. This is not necessarily a bad thing, but it gets somewhat annoying after a while of only seeing games like that.

FFXII turned things around by presenting a mix between Western and Japanese paradigms of CRPGs. The detail in which Ivalice was presented rivaled that of the Tamriel continent in the Elder Scrolls games. Again (and this is speculation, but I believe it to be somewhat fundamented), the game suffered from business issues: Matsuno was laid off as soon as it became evident that there wasn't going to be any angsty teenager protagonist. And thus, the abomination known as Vaan was created.

I still believe it's a great game, and I definitely enjoyed it much more than X. I spent the regular 45 hours at X without even bothering on the limited sidequests, while I spent more than 80 hours on my first run of XII without even thinking about finishing the game.
FFX linear? Well duh it's JRPG. FFXII is linear too. The side quests in FFXII is basically the same thing over and over again. I'm the crazy person who plays jrpg's for it's story, the dept, the characters. If you like western style rpg's sure FFXII rocks, but personally I am the jrpg type and that's what the FF series was with the origenal to FFX. While FF was always renewing itself it remembered that story was important even if it got toned down in one or two.

You know what made FFX cool? It was epic. It could make you cry, make you sad and it could make you happy too. FFXII was lol wut why the hell am I doing this. FFXII nailed the exploration aspect though too bad they forgot the characters and the story. Which are important to jrpg's last time I checked.
Old 2008-07-17, 12:11   Link #596
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

But FFX didn't even try to be particularly innovative. It just took the formula too far and ended up being a cliche. Previous Japanese RPGs had something going on for all their linear storyline, and this was often true until FFX came about. Even quite traditional games like FFIX were less linear than X. And there were always brilliant gems like Chrono Cross, which pushed the boundaries of the genre to its limits.

(BTW, I wouldn't even call X epic. The final battle is completely anticlimatic. And there's a serious lack of the "snowball effect" that epic storylines usually have).

After X, we got the cliched view of Japanese RPGs as a 30-hour feature film with about 2 hours of character controlling and 8 of X-button pushing... which I'm not defending here, but it'd be foolish to say that it's not grounded on reality. I'd rather watch a good anime series than to have a falsely interactive film. As I said, things weren't like this previous to X. But as it happened, the group of casual gamers VII gave birth to reached its maturing point towards X, which led to the rise of raving fanboys and all that jazz. Which, eventually, led to the XII debacle and its failure everywhere but in the minds of those like me, who appreciate innovation over anything else.

Old 2008-07-17, 12:59   Link #597
2H-Dragon
Silent Warrior

Quote:
But FFX didn't even try to be particularly innovative. It just took the formula too far and ended up being a cliche. Previous Japanese RPGs had something going on for all their linear storyline, and this was often true until FFX came about. Even quite traditional games like FFIX were less linear than X. And there were always brilliant gems like Chrono Cross, which pushed the boundaries of the genre to its limits.

(BTW, I wouldn't even call X epic. The final battle is completely anticlimatic. And there's a serious lack of the "snowball effect" that epic storylines usually have).

After X, we got the cliched view of Japanese RPGs as a 30-hour feature film with about 2 hours of character controlling and 8 of X-button pushing... which I'm not defending here, but it'd be foolish to say that it's not grounded on reality. I'd rather watch a good anime series than to have a falsely interactive film. As I said, things weren't like this previous to X. But as it happened, the group of casual gamers VII gave birth to reached its maturing point towards X, which led to the rise of raving fanboys and all that jazz. Which, eventually, led to the XII debacle and its failure everywhere but in the minds of those like me, who appreciate innovation over anything else.
Hell it was an awesome 30hour feature film. That's the thing it's just as good as an good anime and unlike most anime it actually had an ending! Less linear how so? Side quests don't add shit to a rpg if you ask me. Last time I checked good rpg gameplay doesn't add up to good gameplay in general. Sidequests in rpg's are bullshit to begin with since you could actually play a game with good gameplay where it makes sense let's say Ninja Gaiden. Or do you side quest for the challenge? The challenges in RPG's are joke period. Since most of the time it results in how much time you spent in it. Rather then skill.

I tried chrono cross couldn't get into it. I forgot why though. It was long time back. >_> I liked Chrono trigger a lot though, but where they even related?

ps: Just so you know I did play FF4 and FF6. =o
Old 2008-07-17, 13:23   Link #598
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

The point is that FFXII tried to add something else into the mix. If you believe it was just the sidequests, then you (and the raving Nomura fanboys) didn't understand it at all. I won't bother explaining it here, because I've already done it in the relevant thread (and I think I mentioned it here, too).

Old 2008-07-17, 13:49   Link #599
2H-Dragon
Silent Warrior

Quote:
The point is that FFXII tried to add something else into the mix. If you believe it was just the sidequests, then you (and the raving Nomura fanboys) didn't understand it at all. I won't bother explaining it here, because I've already done it in the relevant thread (and I think I mentioned it here, too).
Sure I didn't understand it, but hey if I don't get a game after 20 hours in a game I just stop caring. Don't get me wrong I never even cared about checking who created what. All I knew was it was a Final Fantasy and that's it. Sure it might've had a point, but I got bored out of my mind before I got to that point, but even people who liked the game didn't really rave about the ending. All I heard was people talking about the exploration and gameplay. All I say is play Shadow of the Collosus that is what I call exploration and gameplay.

What I don't get is that people find it weird that people dislike ff12 and feel the need to write off to fanboism. People have legitement reasons to dislike it. Just accept that.

Since FF11 and FF12 already did the exploration and gameplay shit. Come on with the overdramatic save the world story with a twist of romance. Btw what's the chances of the lead having personality. I kinda dislike the silent type a l a squall and even cloud.
Old 2008-07-17, 15:08   Link #600
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Quote:
Games like these need to stop trying to be "innovative". Why else would I be a fan of the series other than because of my enjoying the previous games? Why would I want a new type of game when I'm buying something that belongs to a series?
Thank you, you are the reason why we're still getting zippers and 30-hour long feature films touted as "great games", while being ignorant of the origin of those series in the first place. Of why they were so successful.

Quote:
What I don't get is that people find it weird that people dislike ff12 and feel the need to write off to fanboism. People have legitement reasons to dislike it. Just accept that.
Of course they have legitimate reasons. I mean, I can't argue about tastes (hell, it would be stupid to do it). I can argue about understanding of the point of the whole game, though. Something neither you nor the poster above me seemed to have grasped.

Quote:
Don't get me wrong I never even cared about checking who created what.
Thus is uncovered your limited understanding of what FFXII was.

Tags
final fantasy, ps3, rpg, square-enix, xbox 360