AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

View Poll Results: Claymore Total Series Rating
Perfect 10 140 25.74%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 154 28.31%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 133 24.45%
7 out of 10 : Good 82 15.07%
6 out of 10 : Average 22 4.04%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 7 1.29%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 0.37%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.18%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.18%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 0.37%
Voters: 544. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-05-25, 21:15   Link #261
chibamonster
'S' Class Fairy Tail

I do not know if I ever would have gotten into the manga had it not been for the anime. Well, with how I scan manga's for something interesting I probably would have gotten to it eventually. I am just glad I got into it when the anime was still going on. I got in when the most recent episode was Teresa's death. If I had waited a week for that I probably would have cried much more.

At first I liked Clare because she was so different from other shonen hero's I had seen. I remember posting on another forum that I thought I was getting a crush on Clare. But I did not fall in love with Claymore until I met Teresa. That arc blew me away. There are very few stories that have had such a profound impact on me. There was such a sense of development in Teresa's character and then sudden loss that just hit me.

Although I could only watch the last few episodes once. They were so painful with Raki. I dream that some day in the future anime filler writers will make stories that are good. Some day...
Old 2008-05-25, 23:24   Link #262
ergon

Thats one main difference between the two, in the manga you root for Raki, hes a real trooper, but in the anime you just want him to die
Old 2008-06-09, 03:35   Link #263
Rolyn
Who hates Priscilla?

i voted 9 raki just sucks if he wasn't at the ending i would've gave it a 10...
Old 2008-06-09, 04:12   Link #264
Synyster

Perfect 10.

Claymore is the first anime/manga I ever loved.
Old 2008-06-18, 02:38   Link #265
11thsquad
Commander

You know what sucks I was on ep 13 when the series got licensed and had to finish it in French
Old 2008-07-03, 12:29   Link #266
Shinigami_Mello
All hail Oyashiro-sama

Send a message via MSN to Shinigami_Mello
7/10- Just because I disliked the way the anime ended and I cant say I liked the artstyle of the anime as much as the manga.

Though the voices, music, and feel of the show fit excellently!

Meh, I definately prefer the manga.
Old 2008-07-30, 22:03   Link #267
anime ronin
death by animeoverdos X_X

i gave it a 10 without much thought. but now that i thought about it ide probably give it a strong 8.5. storyline was good, but once everyone started going up north everything that happened was kind of "all of a sudden". but the fight scenes were awsome and that was the main reason i started watching it (hearing so much about it being sweet). so yea

overal 8.5

PIRATES DOCKING 6!!! GIANT ROBOT SOLDIER!!! BIG EMPEROR!!!
Old 2008-07-30, 22:08   Link #268
chibamonster
'S' Class Fairy Tail

If they had followed the manga for the ending it would have been a solid ten in my book, and one of the best anime ever created. Too bad they didn't . The last episodes really ruined so much of it for me.
Old 2008-07-31, 06:22   Link #269
graywolf202

Quote:
Originally Posted by chibamonster View Post
I do not know if I ever would have gotten into the manga had it not been for the anime. Well, with how I scan manga's for something interesting I probably would have gotten to it eventually. I am just glad I got into it when the anime was still going on. I got in when the most recent episode was Teresa's death. If I had waited a week for that I probably would have cried much more.

At first I liked Clare because she was so different from other shonen hero's I had seen. I remember posting on another forum that I thought I was getting a crush on Clare. But I did not fall in love with Claymore until I met Teresa. That arc blew me away. There are very few stories that have had such a profound impact on me. There was such a sense of development in Teresa's character and then sudden loss that just hit me.

Although I could only watch the last few episodes once. They were so painful with Raki. I dream that some day in the future anime filler writers will make stories that are good. Some day...
First, encounter with Claymore was when I was reading about medieval weapons. "Claymore (manga)" was a related manga. Decided to look on it. Found out that it was a manga with an upcoming anime version.

A few months later, found volume one in an internet cafe. Wasn't really impressed. Got me interested though. After several months, found the complete anime series in a buddy's desktop. Watched it about four times. I then noticed something was weird about the last few episodes. Checked it then found out that anime wasn't faithful to the manga at the 20's episode. Read manga from Scene 1 to Scene 73. Decided to hold myself and wait for the season two of the anime (which I later deduced to come out after 4-5 years).

After 8 months of resisting the urge to read ahead of the season two and being tempeted by spoilers in fanfics, forums and fanart . . . here I am. ["You can't fight the thirst. The thirst always wins."]
Old 2008-08-07, 08:52   Link #270
Pandar

6 for me. Rakia's nonstop crying and being useless the entire anime series was extremely annoying. The point that really pissed me off was when he stood in the way of Clare's vengeance on Priscilla. Anime started out good, middle was great, ending was so terrible I wish I didn't watch the last few episodes. I have so far only watched the anime but hear a lot of good things about the manga. I wish the anime stuck to the story line of the manga instead of a lame unfulfilling ending a la Trigun anybody? In closing... DIE RAKIA JUST DIE!!!
Old 2008-08-07, 23:15   Link #271
Captain Yoruichi
Yoruichi Biased! ^_^

Send a message via AIM to Captain Yoruichi
I liked almost all of it. The ending was not bad IMO, but I prefer the manga's version of the story, especially since the manga is still going. ^_^
Old 2008-08-11, 15:02   Link #272
woltor

I judged based on manga series but anime was cool also except 24-26 ep. i cant wait 2 cause it has many fanclubs along the world so next season must show sooner or later. Anime ended around 74 chapter so I supose another 74 chapters is needed to direct another season.
Old 2008-08-13, 16:46   Link #273
lunox

Heh, the ending was pretty bad.
It totally reminded me of Pokemon: too much moral talks and flashbacks.
Damn, as if Clare wouldn't kill Priscilla.

And Raki xP
Venturing out in Pieta with two supermonsters fighting not even ending up killed.

I loved all the parts that followed the manga though...but for me, the adaptation should have been way, way darker.
Old 2008-08-13, 17:55   Link #274
hell88
Banned

Location: Canada, but sometimes in La La-Land hanging out with Midori-chan89
Quote:
Originally Posted by lunox View Post
Heh, the ending was pretty bad.
It totally reminded me of Pokemon: too much moral talks and flashbacks.
I never would have thought of the ending like that. I wouldn't go as far as to say it was as bad as Pokemon though. Pokemon is on a waaaaaay lower level than Claymore is.
Old 2008-08-13, 21:59   Link #275
Ryuken
Claymore #01

Quote:
Originally Posted by hell88 View Post
I never would have thought of the ending like that. I wouldn't go as far as to say it was as bad as Pokemon though. Pokemon is on a waaaaaay lower level than Claymore is.
And that's the truth @hell.
Old 2008-08-15, 03:26   Link #276
Valduran
Riful For President
*Artist

Quote:

Interesting that you would say that... That pretty much exactly(100%) describes my first experience with Claymore as well. Except for me, I had this dark, nagging feeling that Teresa would die from the moment I noticed that the little girl was Clare. So I was pretty depressed as I kept watching those 4 episodes, although I cheered up a bit and almost dared to hope when I saw her defeat the four headhunters.
Also, I actually almost stopped watching after the 2nd episode just because of Raki. Am SOOOO glad I didn't.

Claymore had a rather huge impact on my life when I first saw it. It was pretty wierd, I really couldn't understand it at the time. But the end result is that I finally got my act together and chose my path as a storyteller. For that I'll probably remember it for the rest of my life.

@The Thread: I ended up rating it a 6/10
Funny, huh? Since it's the only anime I've ever seen that I would ever call 'close to perfect'.
But the very fact that it was so awesome made the ending that much more horrible. And while I could have possibly accepted the random bits of lameness and mediocre storytelling that took place in the final episodes(Not even close to as bad as Pokemon though! ), I could never forgive the fact that it ended so inconclusively.

If there is a second season, I may very well revise my rating. Hopefully to a 10/10.
Old 2008-08-21, 17:14   Link #277
Anima
Oh! You mean we don't?

@Valduran: I suppose you also started reading the manga before the anime ended and hence the very low rating but I understand you.

For me, I watched the whole series before reading the manga so I appreciated the anime more but I am not in the defense position of the horrible ending. I really did hate Raki in the final episode. If it wasn't for the ending, Claymore (THE ANIME) would get a solid 10/10 if not more. After reading the manga, however, I hated the ending more but the 20 something episodes were just too good to give it any lower than a 9/10.

The way I found out about Claymore was rather ... strange. I used to hang in one of the fansubs IRC rooms and they had a trivia bot which had some questions about Claymore, I kept asking about it and was told it was "ok"!!! just "ok"?!!? Anyway, I thought it's ok to see for myself so I watched the first episode and got totally hooked! So much action for a first episode plus the concept of those superhumans was just too good to let go of.
Old 2008-08-21, 21:17   Link #278
Valduran
Riful For President
*Artist

Actually, I didn't start coloring the manga until about 2 weeks after I finished watching the anime, and I didn't start reading it until about a week after that.

My rating is not really an honest rating. It's more of a protest rating.
On myanimelist.net I gave it a 10/10, just for the sake of stating that it was my favorite anime and to help attract more viewers.

Honestly, the ending was really weak, but it wouldn't have been horrible if Raki hadn't been in it. And it actually might have been slightly decent if Clare ended up killing Priscilla. Mainly it just sucked to have experienced the most awesome story ever and then be jolted out of it by an extremely lame and unsuitable ending. The quality of the story made the weakness of the ending far more apparent.
Old 2008-08-22, 01:09   Link #279
chibamonster
'S' Class Fairy Tail

I can't figure out why the actual story ending with the ghosts being alive after Pieta didn't work. I mean that would have been awesome. Then they would have animated the Alicia vs 11 AB fight, Duff & Riful vs AB's fight, Isley vs. Luciella, ghosts pwning 3 AB's in the north... Well, it wouldn't have given much closure, but hey, I am okay with that as the real claymore ending was not even an end anyway. Oh, Pieta was a success! Kind of kills the story...
Old 2008-08-23, 16:54   Link #280
kamuinoyume
OMAE WO SHINJIRU!

Quote:
I can't figure out why the actual story ending with the ghosts being alive after Pieta didn't work. I mean that would have been awesome. Then they would have animated the Alicia vs 11 AB fight, Duff & Riful vs AB's fight, Isley vs. Luciella, ghosts pwning 3 AB's in the north... Well, it wouldn't have given much closure, but hey, I am okay with that as the real claymore ending was not even an end anyway. Oh, Pieta was a success! Kind of kills the story...
I think it was because they were gaining up on the manga and had no more material or maybe they just didn't want to make a second season, the ending wasn't that bad from my point of view but the fact that a almost awakened Clare could beat the overpowered Priscilla was indeed to much, anyway I give the anime a 8/10.