AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > My HiME / My Otome

Notices

View Poll Results: Mai Otome 0 ~S.ifr~ Episode 2 Rating
Perfect 10 18 25.71%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 13 18.57%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 13 18.57%
7 out of 10 : Good 11 15.71%
6 out of 10 : Average 7 10.00%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.43%
4 out of 10 : Poor 4 5.71%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.43%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 1.43%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.43%
Voters: 70. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-08-27, 20:09   Link #181
Same_Shark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sikon View Post
While the "descendants of Alyssa" thing is pretty blatantly spelled out, I disagree about Fumi.

Mai-HiME took place in 2005. At that point nobody, bar Searrs, had the advanced technology we see in the Otomeverse - and the nations definitely weren't sending colonists to other planets. A nuclear war was possible, but not with robots and not with a bunch of instant-HiME-just-add-nanomachines when Searrs barely figured out how to grow one from scratch. I think the War of the Twelve Kings, as seen in the flashback in S.ifr, couldn't have occurred within reasonable time since Mai-HiME - and so, unless HiME Fumi had a really long lifespan, I find it implausible for her to also be the Founder.

By the time Fumi uses her Robe in battle (as seen in said flashback), the Administar should have already been up and running. If so, then she would have little reason to use a Robe by virtue of being a natural HiME. I think that Fumi was different, just like Mai, Natsuki et al. in Otome.

As for the Fuka building... They're on a different planet. So either that building was transported there, or it's a different, identical one. I lean towards the letter, given that theer are at least two Fuka-like buildings in Otome: one in the Black Valley, the other in Artai, with some kind of portal connecting them.
THANK GOD SOMEONE FEELS THE SAME! Most of the people that think they're the same are wishful thinking fanboys & girls.
Old 2008-08-28, 05:29   Link #182
solarknight123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Same_Shark View Post
THANK GOD SOMEONE FEELS THE SAME! Most of the people that think they're the same are wishful thinking fanboys & girls.
I agree too. I mean thier are way too many contradictions in otome to connect it to hime
Old 2008-08-28, 06:57   Link #183
Shiragiku

If HiME and Otome are connected, as in the same universe, then the later takes place LOOONG after the former. Like, a millenia or two. Or even three ^_^; Ha hah.

The two being related could be believable, just not within the normal span of a lifetime. Heck not even in the span of centuries.
Old 2008-08-28, 07:07   Link #184
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

And yet a link seems to be the way Seven Arcs is steering, the clues towards an actuall link between the two series are becoming to great in number to simply ignore. Though I agree that there is no reasonable explanation to justify Hime Fumi also being the founder.

The timespan is highly debatable, SearS already had the technology to build giant space-stations and highly advanced androids, give that technollogy to the world and you can see enormous leaps in tchnology within a decade or five, but I would not say that Otome is 'milenia' after HiME. A century or two, maybe.
Old 2008-08-28, 08:29   Link #185
Shiragiku

Wasn't Artemis a "Satelitte" and not a "Space Station"?

That aside, I prefer to think of it being a longer time. I mean not only do you need to account for the fact that space travel takes a hell of a long time. But in a.. I dunno poetic sense, it seems better? In one episode Irina mentions "Their ancestors" and such..

Space travel, colonizing an entire planet, wars, Kingdoms, ruins, lost technology.. etc

It seems that would take more than a century or two.
Old 2008-08-28, 09:30   Link #186
Jeffry2009
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Jeffry2009 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffry2009
Hi, i need some answer around here. 4 months is a long wait to me to find out how Miyu defeat M9? Can they Stopped John Smith? and after SIFL ends, the first Mai otome begins there.
Old 2008-08-28, 09:40   Link #187
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiragiku View Post
Wasn't Artemis a "Satelitte" and not a "Space Station"?

That aside, I prefer to think of it being a longer time. I mean not only do you need to account for the fact that space travel takes a hell of a long time. But in a.. I dunno poetic sense, it seems better? In one episode Irina mentions "Their ancestors" and such..

Space travel, colonizing an entire planet, wars, Kingdoms, ruins, lost technology.. etc

It seems that would take more than a century or two.
Oh, sorry, I meant a century or two between HiME and the War of the Kingdoms, my fault.

Colonisation is something that can go extremely fast, as history has shown us. If we assume there was a mass-exodus from earth for whatever reason (ever wondered why earth never bothered to re-open contact with earl?) then that would means a lot of people would travel to this new world, further increasing the colinisation speed.

Artemis... it was a satellite, sorry for the confusion, but needless to say this one was far more advanced then anything we have today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jafri View Post
Hi, i need some answer around here. 4 months is a long wait to me to find out how Miyu defeat M9? Can they Stopped John Smith? and after SIFL ends, the first Mai otome begins there.
Whoa, kinda confusing, uhm... you're asking questions about an episode that hasn't aired yet, we don't know either. Yes, 4 months is a long wait, but we can't answer any questions on what will happen in that episode.

The last question though, I can answer. Yes and no. Yes, because S.ifr is the prequel to Otome. No, because after S.ifr ends the first episode of Otome doesn't start, at least not immediately. There are a few years between S.ifr and Otome.
Old 2008-08-28, 09:56   Link #188
Jeffry2009
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Whoa, kinda confusing, uhm... you're asking questions about an episode that hasn't aired yet, we don't know either. Yes, 4 months is a long wait, but we can't answer any questions on what will happen in that episode.

The last question though, I can answer. Yes and no. Yes, because S.ifr is the prequel to Otome. No, because after S.ifr ends the first episode of Otome doesn't start, at least not immediately. There are a few years between S.ifr and Otome.
Yeah, it IS a prequel of mai otome (bcoz Rena will use the blue sky saphire GEM power to save sifl flan And Stop that Cyborg M9 once and for all) but my question was Can that Evil John Smith (old not that blonde smith) Be stopped? (yeah, he annoys me all the time after he kidnapped sifl in the first episode and waiiitttiinnngg till 4 months to find out what happened and use her to take over the world to me and i've really pissed off bcoz what has he done to sifl?)

And i don't really know what this show is all about but i'd really like the Prequel Otome characters in this OVA

(but they aren't exist in a First Otome (most of them are died in a battle) Except Maria graceburt with her older ages).

Last edited by Jeffry2009; 2008-08-28 at 17:18.
Old 2008-08-28, 10:06   Link #189
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Obviously John Smith can be stopped, since the world is still in one piece during Otome.
Old 2008-08-28, 11:14   Link #190
Same_Shark

Jafri, patience is a virtue. Just like you don't know the answers, neither do we. Just be patient and wait and see.
Old 2008-08-28, 12:26   Link #191
Sikon
この世界は腐っている!

Speaking of the timespan between HiME and Otome, I doubt it spans many millennia. Up to two, tops. Otherwise, in Otome #23, I doubt Miyu (I think it's now certain that she existed since HiME) would have said "hundreds of years", but rather "thousands of years".

I think the colonization of Earl began while Alyssa was still alive. I don't remember Static-Subs's rendition of the poem that Sergay recites to Arika, but it has the words: "...Take me and dear princess at my side... towards the golden era of light". The "princess", I think, is Alyssa. The "golden era of light" part implies the Searrs Foundation's involvement in the immigration process, and there is a mention of a blue star - the Administar?.. It's wild speculation not supported by facts, but maybe Searrs had been already doing something on Earl before public immigration began, so that the Administar could be operational by then.

However, I doubt the establishment of human civilization on Earl was a blinking-fast process. Colonization may be a rapid process, but independent countries take time to be established, and traditions in the form of hereditary monarchies take even longer to form. And I wonder if the war started before or after the planet cut off its ties with Earth...

Things that still don't make sense to me, even with the recent revelations, and either on my list to "give some explanations in fanfics":
- The Aswad. I fail to see how a culture like this could evolve from the modern world, although in hundreds of years, anything is possible. Scholars in 1700 probably wouldn't predict the Internet, either.
- The overall "retrofuturistic" feel of Earl, even in the Badass Fumi Flashback from before Garderobe supposedly locked away the technology.
- The duplicate Fuka buildings in Zwei, and the portal between them. (I actually voiced a theory for this one.)
- The presence of HiME Childs in Zwei, and their apparent connection to Yuna.
- Why the moon looks exactly like Earth's moon, yet is obviously tampered with by Searrs somehow (it turned black with a huge Searrs logo when Miyu turned the Administar red).
Old 2008-08-28, 13:33   Link #192
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

- What is it about he Aswad culture that you can't see happening?
- You mean in terms of architecture? The buildings look pretty normal to me.
- I have no idea on this one myself, could you link me to your theory?
- Nagi actually offers somewhat of an explanation for that, Child's really are Orphan's. The difference between a Child and an Orphan is that a Child has made a contract, or rather, is linked to someone. This might explain why these Child's are called... well, Child's, as they are linked to Yuna. As for why some might appear like the HiME Child's, we should remember that there are only two that actually resemble the HiME Child's: Kagutsuchi and Fumi's child, and Fumi's Child is debatable, or at least explainable (Yuna obsorbed Mashiro, so she asumed a form similar to Mashiro). I'm willing to write of Kagutsuchi as either a 're-summoning' or a 'coincidence' though the former sounds more atractive then the later.
- Artists draw with examples. Heck, they could even have used a standard pattern brush for this. I don't think we need to read too much into this
Old 2008-08-29, 04:32   Link #193
Atlantis_Lux
Nightingale

The Aswald has always struck me as very similar to the Fremen of Dune. They have quite a lot of similarities, and they both evolved from a culture that could built space-ships, so it's not really surprising to me.

I've not really an explanation for the connections between the two moons, except that the one of Earl poses a funny astronomic dilemma... how come that the Administar is always in the same position, even during the day, in relation to both the moon and the planet? Assuming it has a fixed position, this would mean that the Earl moon has no revolution around the planet... LOL!
Old 2008-09-05, 20:47   Link #194
Jeffry2009
Banned

Quote:
Jafri, patience is a virtue. Just like you don't know the answers, neither do we. Just be patient and wait and see.
Yeah, i should be. November 21st is kinda long wait to me.
Old 2008-09-11, 17:51   Link #195
Jeffry2009
Banned

And what's going on here? Nobody wants to answer my thoughts about this show.

Am i the only one here ALONE in this thread?

*i mean did you guys read my text signature about my issue was?*

Last edited by Jeffry2009; 2008-09-12 at 02:01.
Old 2008-09-12, 01:10   Link #196
Same_Shark

Quote:
Originally Posted by jafri View Post
And what's going on here? Nobody wants to answer my thoughts about this show.

Am i the only one here ALONE in this thread?

*i mean did you read my text signature about what happened?*
You're asking questions that we don't know the answers to.

As for your signature, everyone has read it, but choose not to pay attention, because you mention it a lot and by now most of us have stopped caring as there's nothing we can do about it. Sorry if I seem like I'm being harsh, but it's the truth.
Old 2008-09-12, 02:04   Link #197
Jeffry2009
Banned

Quote:
As for your signature, everyone has read it, but choose not to pay attention, because you mention it a lot and by now most of us have stopped caring as there's nothing we can do about it. Sorry if I seem like I'm being harsh, but it's the truth.

Whatever. When was the last time that i was truly upset about mai otome? although i'm a hardcore anime fan but i have some kind of weird feelings that i couldn't forget. Since i've been truly obsessed about this show, i've just kinda feel well, you know.

But anyway, there's a few updates in official site where the new OVA 3 DVD cover reveals.

PS- Hope Rena kick M9's ass next episode with her new Blue Sky Sapphire power.

Last edited by Jeffry2009; 2008-09-22 at 21:13. Reason: here's a reson why. Sorry that i'm late for this
Old 2008-09-12, 19:51   Link #198
Dukester

Rena kicking M9's ass is something that is bound to happen and we knew that ever since the end of ep 1

What really bothers me is how they'll explain why Raquel, Eliott and the awesome characters we see don't appear in the Mai otome tv series. I expected them to die in the third ep but considering how short each ep is and half of it will be devoted to some blue sky sapphire ass kicking I don't think the writers will have time for a good epilogue. Maybe they all get married so they can no longer stay otome? (kinda doubtful in Eliott's case), because otherwise I don't see them retiring.
Old 2008-09-13, 03:58   Link #199
White night selenite

Well, not all of them are Miss Maria to be fourty and still be the Otome

And as for the dying characters... Galactamarine is appearing in MO 1 and MO Zwei, so we don't have to worry about Elliot. But from MO 1 we know that Artai does not have an Otome and the fourth and fifth Column are not Peridot and Red Quartz...
So, in summary, there is a high possibility for them to die
Old 2008-09-16, 07:59   Link #200
White night selenite

Quote:
Originally Posted by White night selenite View Post
But from MO 1 we know that Artai does not have an Otome
Aah, sorry, I didn't manage to express myself corretly.
Artai doesn't have an Otome, too, but I meant Zipang, of course.
(So I wanted to point out the possibility for Sakura to die and her gem disappearing along with her body.)
Closed Thread