Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-09-07, 19:50   Link #6761
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoLongerSane View Post
I thought White Devil was from the second Ace Ventura film that the fool was being called by the natives.

Anyway, I wonder how Suzaku is going to react to Gino now? There is a high chance that Gino will want to change his friend's mind. Also add Kallen to the mix since it is a probability that she will be teaming up with Gino just for that purpose.
Well he may continue trying not to kill Gino in a fight . Should show Gino that Suzaku still cares. He killed pretty much everyone else that attacked except for him.
Old 2008-09-07, 20:54   Link #6762
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orga777 View Post
Why would he say "Maybe" if he was so sure he was good enough for the thrown? Perhaps he doesn't even see himself as someone that can do it right (I did say when someone brought up the Damocles story of what Schneizel is, I said he could possibly be the Sword even then, and that may indeed be true.)
You forget that Schenzeil is not the guy who just barges in and slaughters everyone. If there's a way to take people under his control without bloodshed, he'll do it (like he did with the Chinese Federation before Zero ruined it)./

To say that he doesn't want to rule the world now is...well...silly. You don't just build a giant fortress that fires nukes and then do it for kicks.

Remember his last comment when Lelouch announced himself,

"what will grasp this world? Will it be Lelouch's geass or......." and he smiles.

Quote:
Also, if he was so dead set on that, he could have taken the thrown while Lelouch was away for that month. He didn't and he waited. Why would he do that? He could easily plan around it so Lelouch couldn't be able to use Geass after all. But he waited instead? Why is that?
Bismarck spilled the beans on what Charles was planning and intended to do and he was fully aware that he was killed.

However, one thing to note is that Schenzeil was relieved to see Lelouch come out into the open and take control of Britannia, stating that it removes several complications. My guess is that he was leaving it open to bait Lelouch into it or allow him to take it.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-07, 20:57   Link #6763
Joni3Nyo
☆ ポンポンら~♪

Susaku just never stops to amaze me lol
Joni3Nyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-07, 21:35   Link #6764
Orga777
TRUE! Lelouch is dead! XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
You forget that Schenzeil is not the guy who just barges in and slaughters everyone. If there's a way to take people under his control without bloodshed, he'll do it (like he did with the Chinese Federation before Zero ruined it).
Again, he is like Lelouch though. He is a realist. He still takes the way that makes the most sense. If people have to die in that choice, he isn't going to cry about it. Never said he was an upstanding citizen of virtue. Just that right now, he gets the way of "lesser of two evils" until I see something else.

Quote:
To say that he doesn't want to rule the world now is...well...silly. You don't just build a giant fortress that fires nukes and then do it for kicks.
I can agree to this. But I am giving him the benefit of the doubt till I learn otherwise. He could have built it as a way to get rid of his father though. Or he made it to end wars faster. We don't KNOW yet. In 23 we (better) learn all about that. As of right now though, I gave Lelouch enough chances to show me something. I am now giving Schneizel that same chance. I kept buying into the "Schneizel is the bad guy" possibility and all that new stuff we had a few days ago made all the more likely. But after 22, I am ready to give him a shot. Lelouch had enough benefits of the doubt from me.

Quote:
Remember his last comment when Lelouch announced himself,

"what will grasp this world? Will it be Lelouch's geass or......." and he smiles.
And we know what he meant by that? It could mean Damocles or FLEIJA, but it can also mean Nunnally.

Quote:
However, one thing to note is that Schenzeil was relieved to see Lelouch come out into the open and take control of Britannia, stating that it removes several complications. My guess is that he was leaving it open to bait Lelouch into it or allow him to take it.
Very possible. Or he could have waited to see what Lelouch would do with that power. After all, Schneizel is always quick to point out the faults with the one in charge and deem him unworthy. He did that with his father, and he seemed to do the same with Lelouch right here. It is going back to his possibility of being that Sword above the rulers head. Again, I say you wait. Everyone doubted me when I said "be wary of Lelouch and Suzaku" and I ended up calling it. So just wait till you label Schneizel "the bad guy."
Orga777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-07, 21:43   Link #6765
zalem

But what about...
Spoiler for future/series end spoilers from Roman album:
Old 2008-09-07, 21:44   Link #6766
Micante

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalem View Post
But what about...
Lelouch getting a satisfying ending doesn't neccesarily equate to Schneizel losing, though.
Micante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-07, 21:45   Link #6767
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micante View Post
Lelouch getting a satisfying ending doesn't neccesarily equate to Schneizel losing, though.
He can't very well win. leaving a flying death fortress around simply can't be done.
Old 2008-09-07, 21:46   Link #6768
Orga777

Quote:
But what about...
Schneizel IS "end boss." That is official. But just because Schneizel is "end boss" doesn't mean he is not the "lesser of two evils."

And as Micante said, a satisfying ending for lelouch does not have to mean a Schneizel loss. Shit, both of them may lose for all we know.
Old 2008-09-07, 21:47   Link #6769
zalem

Spoiler for end spoilers:

Quote:
Schneizel IS "end boss." That is official. But just because Schneizel is "end boss" doesn't mean he is not the "lesser of two evils."

And as Micante said, a satisfying ending for lelouch does not have to mean a Schneizel loss. Shit, both of them may lose for all we know.
Blow each other up and let Nunnally rule? lol.
Old 2008-09-07, 21:48   Link #6770
Orga777

Quote:
Spoiler for just in case:
Old 2008-09-07, 21:51   Link #6771
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~

Quote:
I can agree to this. But I am giving him the benefit of the doubt till I learn otherwise. He could have built it as a way to get rid of his father though. Or he made it to end wars faster. We don't KNOW yet. In 23 we (better) learn all about that. As of right now though, I gave Lelouch enough chances to show me something. I am now giving Schneizel that same chance. I kept buying into the "Schneizel is the bad guy" possibility and all that new stuff we had a few days ago made all the more likely. But after 22, I am ready to give him a shot. Lelouch had enough benefits of the doubt from me.

And we know what he meant by that? It could mean Damocles or FLEIJA, but it can also mean Nunnally.
Except that it is a bit extreme to build a fortress loaded with Freija bombs just to take down Charles. And with his first act he completely destroyed the Britannian Capital and everyone in it. But I guess it is fair enough if you want to give him the benefit of the doubt.

He specifically mentioned Lelouch's geass, so we can assume he is talking about "powers" not people. So it is likely he is talking about which power will grip the world, geass or Fleija. To me neither one is a great prospect though.

On another note, seems my theory on Suzaku's live geass is completely out the window now.
demon_god04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-07, 21:55   Link #6772
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:

Blow each other up and let Nunnally rule? lol.
Sorry, but that is MY plot for my fanfiction. No stealing please.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-07, 22:00   Link #6773
Orga777

Quote:
Originally Posted by demon_god04 View Post
Except that it is a bit extreme to build a fortress loaded with Freija bombs just to take down Charles. And with his first act he completely destroyed the Britannian Capital and everyone in it. But I guess it is fair enough if you want to give him the benefit of the doubt.
Do we really know the full purpose of that weapon? It isn't like he has any other alternative but to use it right now. Perhaps it was made as a last resort weapon. And if one thing says last resort, it is this situation. He can't go to anyone for help afterall. Britannia is Lelouch, the UFN are being held hostage, the KoR's just got their asses kicked, and everyone around him was leaving because they were practically afraid of Britannia and they had to rush Damocles to completion. (And I doubt it is complete.)

Again, we really don't know what he was planning and until I do he gets a break. He hasn't really done a whole lot to have me label him "evil incarnate" yet.

As for nuking Pendragon... Besides getting a chuckle from me, he might of not had a choice there either. That probably through the Britannian homeland into chaos and wiped out a good portion of its military might. And Cornelia even asked if it was the only way before hand. And well... it really was. His hand was forced here too.
Quote:
He specifically mentioned Lelouch's geass, so we can assume he is talking about "powers" not people. So it is likely he is talking about which power will grip the world, geass or Fleija. To me neither one is a great prospect though.
Again, we can't be so sure there either. After all, Nunnally is a much better weapon to use against Lelouch than a FLEIJA.

Quote:
On another note, seems my theory on Suzaku's live geass is completely out the window now.
Yeah, that was a little odd... Though didn't that kinda happen when Euphemia screamed live on in Ep. 20 of S1? It didn't go off when he really "gave up" after all. Heck, he didn't technically give up there. he said "If anything does happen to me..." And he was still fighting. So maybe we should look at that "Live" Geass again.
Old 2008-09-07, 22:02   Link #6774
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

It's probably a matter of others' opinion as well as his own. If they think he won't live, his Geass makes sure he does.
Old 2008-09-07, 22:18   Link #6775
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Quote:
As for nuking Pendragon... Besides getting a chuckle from me, he might of not had a choice there either. That probably through the Britannian homeland into chaos and wiped out a good portion of its military might. And Cornelia even asked if it was the only way before hand. And well... it really was. His hand was forced here too.
Dude there was an massive Britannian army/navy/air fleet on its way to Japan. I'm quite sure there wasn't even a massive portion of the military there at all.

Last edited by SoldierOfDarkness; 2008-09-07 at 22:28. Reason: corrected
Old 2008-09-07, 22:24   Link #6776
Orga777

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
Dude there was an entire Britannian army/navy/air fleet on its way to Japan. I'm quite sure there wasn't even a massive portion of the military there at all.
A couple fleets equals the entire army? Pendragon is till the capitol and still probably has a bunch of stationed troops.
Old 2008-09-07, 22:26   Link #6777
Micante

Suzaku's Live Geass seemed really weird this episode. It seemed like he forced it to activate and that he was completely aware of what he was doing. Wouldn't surprise me if he remembered the entire fight with Bismarck after the effects wears off.
Micante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-07, 22:29   Link #6778
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Quote:
A couple fleets equals the entire army? Pendragon is till the capitol and still probably has a bunch of stationed troops.
At most it'd be a garrison but I highly doubt it'd take a chunk out of Britannia's military force.

Besides, when it comes to these types of weapons you need to show it off in special places and which better than the captial to show that you reject the current emperor?
Old 2008-09-07, 22:52   Link #6779
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Micante View Post
Suzaku's Live Geass seemed really weird this episode. It seemed like he forced it to activate and that he was completely aware of what he was doing. Wouldn't surprise me if he remembered the entire fight with Bismarck after the effects wears off.
Yeah this time found a way to use it to his advantage. Somehow convince himself that the only way to live is to win. So his body has to find a way to use the Lancelot in order to win that fight. At any rate it worked.
Quote:
I really doubt there was much left at the capital. With the UN all focused on this meeting there isn't any danger that would mean leaving much there. Besides if he has the Lancelot thats 90% of the Briannian firepower anyways . So no matter what it was a minor hit militarily. The worst he did with that attack was kill most of the remaining royal family.
Old 2008-09-08, 07:54   Link #6780
prototype_sky

Something tells me they going to handycap suzaku for his fight with kallen with having him deal with grunts then xingke/todou/anya/gino then deal with Kallen.

Suzaku death = Lulu death at this point.

Kallen fate comes down to one thing if she fights suzaku after they take out that floating tower I can see her winning. If not she's going to get shot down especially since she got to beat down on suzaku 3 times already for the season

I predict an Albion sacrifice to take out the floating tower in the end
the only satisfactory death for suzaku in my book is either lulu killing him or selfsacrifice to save lives
prototype_sky is offline   Reply With Quote