4 out of 10 : Poor 7 0.56%
3 out of 10 : Bad 7 0.56%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 4 0.32%
1 out of 10 : Painful 72 5.80%
Voters: 1241. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-09-28, 06:19   Link #581
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes

But the code is not the power of kings.. it's the geass powers.

The COde is the power of gods! Geass is the power of kings! Divine right of King... Kings rule by Gods Will.

Charles was a king with the power of Geass. He required the code to become a god and rebuild the world in his own image.

Geass Pact Powers = power of kings
Code = power of demi-gods. supernatural forces

Also... Geass has rules. I think the only person who can take code away is the person who fulfilled his pact. Charles got his code because VV committed fraud on his end of the deal and had to give it up to make up for what he had done. Charles took his code because VV finally admitted that he had committed FRAUD. The pact entailed thaey never lie to each other. Charles could finally take what was rightfully his. He could have done that years ago.

CC got her code because the nun fulfilled her end of the deal completely. The nun had the right to cash in.

Lelouch and Charles had no such pact.
mechalord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 06:19   Link #582
darthfury78

Well,
The death of Lelouch came as no surprise, ever since episode 13 when Shirley died. However, the writers have never resolved Milly's feelings for Lelouch in any way, in my opinion. But once his Zero identity was exposed to his enemies, he could never go back to his old life at Ashford Academy. As a result, he had to create a plan B, which was Zero's Requiem. This way, he makes the world believe that he is a villain so that the fake Zero would be a hero for peace. He fulfilled his goal of making Suzaku Nunnally's Knight and redeeming Euphemia's name.

I guess every since Euphemia died, he wanted to atone for that sin. As much as I would have wanted a Milly x Lelouch relationship, you guys were right by saying that it was very unlikely given the direction that the series was going. And I used to believe that neither C.C. or Kallen was Lelouch's love interest, and felt that the only reason why Shirley and Lelouch was paired was because she made it known to him. Milly never got a chance to do so. Thus we'll never know how it might have turned out between them.

In July, I thought that one of the most likeliest endings for Kallen was for her to be reunited with her mother and living together. That prediction came true. I also suspected that a Kallen x Gino relationship might have been the best possible outcome, even though most were against it. The only option that I figured that was likely to end the speculation of Lelouch's possible love interest was he own death, which had became a reality.

One thing was for certain. Since Charles became an immortal and disappeared, Lelouch had no other choice but to become Emperor before anyone else had a chance to do so. This way, he could unite the world against him, in order to end the old Britannia, once and for all. So Zero's Requiem was planned between him and Suzaku. Suzaku sees the new world, but he can't enjoy it, while Lelouch dies to join Shirley and Euphemia. So Suzaku is on the losing end of the stick.

Lelouch will certainly go down in history as the most unpopular Emperor of all time, thus making Euphemia's massacre a forgotten memory. But I guess that was the only option that he had to work with. At least, he gave C.C. a reason to live again. To think that Charles plan would have worked had he not treated Lelouch in a emotionless manner following Marianne's death.

V.V. jealousy for Marianne x Charles happiness was his eventual undoing because the cursed Prince(Lelouch) was realized. And the old Britannia is no more.

Overall, the last episode, where everyone is happy is too superficial. They seemed to believe that Lelouch was far worse than any other Emperor in history. Not to mention that they might still be a greater evil on the horizen.

So, I guess that they will never be a fanservice for Milly Ashford. The writers probably forgotten about her after Turn 12. And seeing that the last 13 episodes was nothing but plot development, like a loaded hand gun waiting to be discharged, Lelouch would be the one to take the bullet. And he did.

I thought that Code Geass would be one of those rare series that would turn out to be amazing. At least the 1st season was. The second half of the R2 was a very typical of most of the animes that I have seen where the main character dies and important matters are unresolved. Sometimes, I wish that I had never seen Code Geass to begin with because whenever I start to like the series, it always ends with the character's death. Just like the Death Note and Cowboy Bebop. So predictable of Sunrise.

Sorry for the long rant. But this puts an end to my post on this forum. The only reason why I posted was because I was dying to see how things might have turned out between Milly x Lelouch. It never happened. As well as the fact that R2 was not as planned due to the change of the series timeslot to Sunday at 5PM. I now suspect that the "Planned Version" of R2 would have been so much better.

Take care everyone!!!!
darthfury78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 06:21   Link #583
Revolutionist
Puppet Master

Well well, what a goddamn train wreck! Their whole ZR was a glorified suicide plan? There was no closure to this ending, just a phony everyone lives happily ever after EXCEPT the protagonist.

I gave every episode up until now a 10 because I thought it would all culminate in something epic, yet I was rewarded with one of the worst endings in anime history. A story w/o a conclusion that leaves you wondering what the hell happened to the main character is not a good story, it's terrible. 1/10

Shouldn't have bothered with R2, what a waste of time.
Revolutionist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 06:21   Link #584
Durandir

Lulu cant have the code from Charles>_>

If he had the code he woud be inmortal but at the same time he woud lose the power of geass
Durandir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 06:22   Link #585
ksfst

That's great Dream... i was feeling like in a 'deja vu'.
I really believe that Lelouch is alive, perhaps i understand your pov.
I'm just asking for no more screams like "He is dead" or "He is alive"...
Sunrise just screwed it with an open ending... its so ambiguous that hurts.
ksfst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 06:22   Link #586
Dream_Traveller
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthfury78 View Post
Well,

Sorry for the long rant. But this puts an end to my post on this forum. The only reason why I posted was because I was dying to see how things might have turned out between Milly x Lelouch. It never happened. As well as the fact that R2 was not as planned due to the change of the series timeslot to Sunday at 5PM. I now suspect that the "Planned Version" of R2 would have been so much better.

Take care everyone!!!!
So you watched the show for impossible developments between someone as complex as Lelouch and a cosplay-loving ditz.

Ah, well, g'bye.

Well, I know I was rabid with Nunnaly, ksfst, but personal opinion, he's dead. And quite a lot of evidence points to that. But...well, people do place their faith in the driver... Each to their own, I suppose.
Dream_Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 06:22   Link #587
finalnight
Supreme Commander

Damn semi-open Witch Hunter Robin ending, finished the raw and sure enough they even used the BGM "Continued Story" at the end. Sigh. Bet this ends up never getting resolved.

And the meek shall inherit the earth, lol.
finalnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 06:23   Link #588
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
I wonder how many more times I'll have to hear about the "planned version" of Code Geass. It amazes me that so many people don't realize this is the real deal and still misinterpret that misquoted interview right to the end.

It's also kind of silly that people find things to bash Sunrise for that aren't ever really faults. Most bashed studio ever bar none. Gonzo? Who's Gonzo?

And now here comes the "trainwreck" crap again....right to the very end. Astounding, but not terribly surprising.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolutionist View Post
A story w/o a conclusion that leaves you wondering what the hell happened to the main character is not a good story, it's terrible.
I'm sorry, but I think that is pure bullshit. I can't think of the number of stories where there's an ambigious ending for the main character that have still been highly praised. 1984 for one. No, there is no one right way to end a story like you seem to believe. You really have no right to criticize if you can't even at least understand this.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 06:23   Link #589
nutype
Future MD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aceywacey View Post
If anyone is disappointed with the ending, I have written an alternate ending for everyone!

http://acesan.wordpress.com/2008/09/...nding-spamfic/
anything is better than the ending we all saw.

I'll give you +10 for putting in siscon incest at the end, you got good taste!
nutype is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 06:25   Link #590
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Well well, what a goddamn train wreck! Their whole ZR was a glorified suicide plan? There was no closure to this ending, just a phony everyone lives happily ever after EXCEPT the protagonist.

I gave every episode up until now a 10 because I thought it would all culminate in something epic, yet I was rewarded with one of the worst endings in anime history. A story w/o a conclusion that leaves you wondering what the hell happened to the main character is not a good story, it's terrible. 1/10

Another example of someone who didn't understand anything, of course you find it a waste of time.

No conclusion? The conclusion is Lelouch saved the world by using himself as a sacrifice. No this one doesn't need to be involved in the discussion on whether he's still alive or not. As long as the world thinks he's dead, its all good, the world is saved by him and he is happy for that.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 06:26   Link #591
Shuuda
Sniped.

Send a message via MSN to Shuuda
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
I wonder how many more times I'll have to hear about the "planned version" of Code Geass. It amazes me that so many people don't realize this is the real deal and still misinterpret that misquoted interview right to the end.

It's also kind of silly that people find things to bash Sunrise for that aren't even really faults. Most bashed studio ever bar none. Gonzo? Who's Gonzo?
People are just annoyed that they didn't get the ending they wanted ,I'm sure all this bitchfesting will blow over at some point.
Shuuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 06:26   Link #592
dee32

Ok in the end where are Sayoko and Xingke. Xingke was standing next Tianzi on the platform with the others awaiting execution and Sayoko is shown with Nina,Cécile, Lloyd and Raksharta in prison. That is the last time either is seen in the ep. I would have thought Xingke would have been standing next to Tianzi in the wedding photo. I also thought Sayoko would be somewhere near Nunnally when she met Ohgi. Why is Nunnally still in a wheelchair doesn't she realize she can walk or is it she doesn't know she can. I'm glad Kallen got her wish of living happily with her mother. So Suzaku is Zero III, I hope he can live up to the mantle of Zero. So where was C.C. going? I wonder is there any chance that the farmer driving the cart could be Lelouch in disguise. I'd like them to do a OVA something like GSD final plus. That way they'll put to rest the question of is Lelouch truly dead or he just faked it.
dee32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 06:27   Link #593
ksfst

He is dead... in your heart! UH? WHAT?
^__^

Well, he is alive, and all I have to say about it is, all hail R2! lol
Well, this is enough! I guess we will reach no where with this 'discussion'.

Last edited by ksfst; 2008-09-28 at 06:28. Reason: missing word.
ksfst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 06:28   Link #594
Charred Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
Another example of someone who didn't understand anything, of course you find it a waste of time.

No conclusion? The conclusion is Lelouch saved the world by using himself as a sacrifice. No this one doesn't need to be involved in the discussion on whether he's still alive or not. As long as the world thinks he's dead, its all good, the world is saved by him and he is happy for that.
So the world is united in hating one man.

Most people in this world hate Hitler, and I don't see peace.
Charred Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 06:29   Link #595
D a m i e n
permanentely bored

Send a message via ICQ to D a m i e n
If lelouch faked death it would make ZR totally meaningless and stupid.
D a m i e n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 06:30   Link #596
Sports72Xtrm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charred Knight View Post
So the world is united in hating one man.

Most people in this world hate Hitler, and I don't see peace.
It gave peace a chance. A chance for a better tomorrow. That the dictators die and heroes rise up against them win. Even if it is all a staged lie. Zero is Harvey Dent, Lelouch is...Batman?
Sports72Xtrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 06:30   Link #597
equinox822

No Code. Immortalouche it is.
equinox822 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 06:31   Link #598
Charred Knight

Quote:

By having my expectations already horribly dashed I came in here expecting the worst anime ending of all times. Its just one of the worst anime endings off all times.

I came out on top sort of
Charred Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 06:31   Link #599
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by D a m i e n View Post
If lelouch faked death it would make ZR totally meaningless and stupid.
Ummmmm.....nooooo. Not if everyone thought he was dead. It would still have the intended effect.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 06:31   Link #600
Revolutionist
Puppet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post

No, I understand everything but that doesn't change the fact that this ending was terribad. There was no satisfaction in it at all, not to mention some important questions/plot elements remained unanswered. Rush job, train wreck, crappy finale to one of the best animes out there.
Revolutionist is offline   Reply With Quote