Others (please list) 96 9.20%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 1044. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-09-28, 08:21   Link #7661
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyless View Post
Well she was probably talking to him straight from the paradise/hell cellphone. XD
I don't know, she was happy and it is all that matters. I really enjoyed the ending, i just wish it was a bit more.
I haven't enjoyed it (about lelouch, kallen and c.c.), I would have prefered a 100%clear ending (kalulu, cluclu, shirley X Lelouch or no one), but that kind of ending sucks because now people only assume things.
Old 2008-09-28, 08:21   Link #7662
darthfury78

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechalord View Post
A faked death doesn't cheapen anything. We know Geass is dangerous as hell. We still don''t know where it came from. We still know next to nothing about CC, the origins of her powers, the existence of others like her...

Who is the PRIME? Who was the first immortal? Who is AA or ZZ? Who is the longest living immortal?

There are dozens of thought elevators still left on Earth. If Mao existed... could there be another like him?

We still know jack squat about the CC's time in China. CC's past is still a big fat MYSTERY!

We know that those who seek power have sought the power of Geass and knowledge of it's existence was not just limited to a few in Brittania. The Chinese wanted it, remember?

What happened during those hundreds of years after CC got her code? How did she assemble her cult?

We saw a vision of a lot of girls with geass symbols in the vision in the first episode. Where are they?

CC and VV... lots of letters between CC and VV. We still don't know CC's real name, either.

They left a TON of material on the shelf. There is enough material for an OVA, movie, and a few more seasons of Code Geass. They can go almost anywhere from here.

CC is clearly not the first of her kind. I mean,... the nun had lived centuries before her. How many of her kind are there?
The writers could have used R2 to focus on the origin of the Geass Cult and V.V. relationship to C.C. and Charles. R3 could have talked about the relationship of Charles and Marianne, as well as their connection to the Geass. R4 could have focused on the battle against Britannia. They cramed 3 seasons into 13 episodes.

There are certainly a lot of unresolved issues with Code Geass, such as the potential relationship between Suzaku and Ciecle, Kallen's father, and the relationship between Milly x Lelouch. Perhaps the creators should have considered doing a Code Geass manga before the anime began.

Before he died, Lelouch only recognised Shirley x Kallen as his love interest because they made it known to him. He Milly made her love known to him as well, there would have been 3 ladies in his love life. But in order for that to have happened, he had to have been at Ashford Academy, which he wasn't. So that opportunity for Milly to confront Lelouch never happened because he never returned after Shirley's death. I guess that the writers wanted to tell their story and move on to other projects as quickly as possible.

Oh well. Shirley x Lelouch are now together.
Old 2008-09-28, 08:26   Link #7663
incorrupts
Banned

Send a message via MSN to incorrupts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Narona View Post
I haven't enjoyed it (about lelouch, kallen and c.c.), I would have prefered a 100%clear ending (kalulu, cluclu, shirley X Lelouch or no one), but that kind of ending sucks because now people only assume things.
To be honest, i like how it ended. If there was a confirmed couple then there would massive woah from the other ship fanbase and so on. It was like i expected, last epi focused to Lulu's own resolve and romance was left ambiguous.
Old 2008-09-28, 08:29   Link #7664
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
To be honest, i like how it ended. If there was a confirmed couple then there would massive woah from the other ship fanbase and so on. It was like i expected, last epi focused to Lulu's own resolve and romance was left ambiguous.
If lelouch had clearly said 100% himself that he loved romantically kallen for instance, it would have been some trolling during maybe what? a month.

But now each fandom will assume things for months/years.

So If I had to choose, I would have chosen the first possibility, even a 100% kalulu ending, rather than that.
Old 2008-09-28, 08:32   Link #7665
incorrupts
Banned

Quote:
If lelouch had clearly said 100% himself that he loved romantically kallen for instance, it would have been some trolling during maybe what? a month.

So If I had to choose, I would have chosen the first possibility, even a 100% kalulu ending, rather than that.
Hmm true but then, it would not be CG. I mean, we do know that Lulu is a knucklehead in these things, and even if he did felt something romantic for either girl, he'd probably hide it and not say it aloud.
Old 2008-09-28, 08:32   Link #7666
Scarlett_Rain55

Shirley won, accept it bitter fangirls. XD
Old 2008-09-28, 08:35   Link #7667
Sports72Xtrm

Quote:

Re: stands for reviving of all the shippings. Open war upon the three ships is open again. GLORY TO SHIRLULU! The Kalulu Empire and the CLUCLU FEDERATION falls before the Shirlulu Union because....we were here first
Old 2008-09-28, 08:35   Link #7668
youngde
Unashamed Kalulu fan

My thoughts after watching the episode (before I was basing on heresay).

The episode strikes me as being largely ambiguous, with perhaps a slight lean towards CluClu (not really surprising as CluClu is the most popular in Japan). I'm honestly not 100% sure, but I'm fairly certain Lelouch lived, whether because he had C.C.'s code or because Suzaku just had really good aim, I don't know. If it's because of the Code, I'm not 100% sure that Suzaku knew about it, since he genuinely looked sad; otherwise, he just had good aim. In the previous episode, Lelouch seemed confident that he would see C.C. again, which also makes me think the death was staged. If he is alive, it's kinda sad since he'll outlive C.C. now, but considering that I'm still not sure if his feelings towards either C.C. or Kallen were romantic or platonic, if it's the later, at least it's not quite so tragic.

I'm a little upset about the lack of a scene where Kallen confronts Lelouch to try one more time to get an answer to her question about what she means to him, though I am glad she appears to understand in the end...presumably the Zero tipped her off. (Or she learned from Nunnally or Nina....who presumably would have told all Lelouch's close friends.) Still, her change in attitude makes me feel that there is a scene missing. The fact that her gum line never materialized is odd as well. I wonder if there was a scene where she confronts him, and the gumline was said, but left the ending more unambiguous than they wanted (again, because CluClu is more popular). Or they just decided to 'mind screw' us by 'accidentally' releasing information that appeared real because the other gum lines were. Maybe a special edition or something will reveal more.

At any rate, I would at least like to think that Lelouch and C.C. if they are alive at least come and shoot fireworks off with there friends at Ashford occasionally. I just think it would be too sad if they went the rest of their lives thinking he was dead. I mean, it's not like he's hunted since everyone thinks he's dead, and his closest friends wouldn't rat him out. It would also make sense if he was in love w/ Kallen in the end, considering her upcoming song.

Those are just my thoughts on the matter.

youngde, signing off.
Old 2008-09-28, 08:36   Link #7669
bran
h e a d s h o t

Quote:

lol i just imagine two old people arguing about kalulu and cluclu and fighting with their canes

anyway there's one thing that bothers me
with lelouch really dead how will he assure CC won't give geass to someone else in the future and start this all over again
it would be logical if he took her code let her live and die like a normal human and make sure geass won't spread though the world again
BUT that contradict what CC said in the end - "the power of the king will isolate you but i guess that was a little wrong" or smth like that
if he takes her code he will definetely be isolated
i really can't get what they want us to think

Farewell...and thank you.
Old 2008-09-28, 08:36   Link #7670
hanseo
CC's Shining Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finalfantasyfan55 View Post
*clamps finally someone understands
Old 2008-09-28, 08:39   Link #7671
honeypie_0106

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanseo View Post
* sigh shirley won just accept it
IF she did win, the flashback could have been the kiss she had - I think there was three, or some romantic moment they shared, instead it wasn't focused on romance. Unlike Kallen's.... because you've got to admit it, Kallen x Lulu shared some good memories...

Shirley Flashback - Friendly moment...

Kallen Flashback - The kiss...

Rolo Flashback - Brotherly sacrifice...

So? How the heck could Shirley have won, is it just because she got the first shot??? Thats funny, isn't the last shot usually the victor? Then it could have been Rolo as the winner and we finally get the incest yaoish pairing people keep screaming about...
Old 2008-09-28, 08:39   Link #7672
incorrupts
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finalfantasyfan55 View Post

As much as i would love to, Shirley is dead and so is Lulu. {99%}
That is exactly not close to a romance victory.
Though i will admit the moments Lulu showed like blushing and general silly romantic hints were with Shirley. {obvious biased opinion? XD}
Old 2008-09-28, 08:40   Link #7673
pingva

Shirley said that Lelouch is her destiny.
Now they really are togerther.
Old 2008-09-28, 08:40   Link #7674
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by bran View Post
lol i just imagine two old people arguing about kalulu and cluclu and fighting with their canes

anyway there's one thing that bothers me
with lelouch really dead how will he assure CC won't give geass to someone else in the future and start this all over again
it would be logical if he took her code let her live and die like a normal human and make sure geass won't spread though the world again
BUT that contradict what CC said in the end - "the power of the king will isolate you but i guess that was a little wrong" or smth like that
if he takes her code he will definetely be isolated
i really can't get what they want us to think
The easier explanation would be that she was talking to lelouch (the cart driver), but I am not sure at all about that.

She meant something but only taniguchi and okouchi know the truth (or even.... maybe they don't even know what they were trying to say. I will not be surprised about that.)
Old 2008-09-28, 08:42   Link #7675
honeypie_0106

Its stupid to keep stating Shirley won because she got the first shot...

I'd understand the Cluclu ending, but claiming Shirley x Lelouch is canon, yeah, maybe in their next life it will....

But then it would clash with the cluclu ending and the kalulu ending. Both fandoms biggers than the shirley x lulu pair.

Thus I don't think sunrise will ever allow it.
Old 2008-09-28, 08:43   Link #7676
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

I wanted to see Todou x Chiba to get together atleast they showed ohgi and w.e
Old 2008-09-28, 08:44   Link #7677
whiter
C.C, Matsuri and Horo,

Quote:
The easier explanation would be that she was talking to lelouch (the cart driver), but I am not sure at all about that.

She meant something but only taniguchi and okouchi know the truth (or even.... maybe they don't even know what they were trying to say. I will not be surprised about that.)
Well, tbh Lelouch would be utterly stupid to leave C.C alone as she would eventually fall into the same depression and the same circle of Geass would start repeating itself over again.

He wanted a better tomorrow I really can't see that with out the fact that he ensured C.C won't repeat what she has done.

With that and the scenes + lines we've been represented with, I'm almost entirelly sure it's Lelouch and C.C together in th end. But then again, that's my opinion.
Old 2008-09-28, 08:44   Link #7678
pingva

Quote:

As much as i would love to, Shirley is dead and so is Lulu. {99%}
That is exactly close to a romance victory.
Though i will admit the moments Lulu showed like blushing and general silly romantic hints were with Shirley. {obvious biased opinion? no it's not biased opinionXD}
That's how it is.
Old 2008-09-28, 08:47   Link #7679
Sports72Xtrm

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeypie_0106 View Post
Its stupid to keep stating Shirley won because she got the first shot...

I'd understand the Cluclu ending, but claiming Shirley x Lelouch is canon, yeah, maybe in their next life it will....

But then it would clash with the cluclu ending and the kalulu ending. Both fandoms biggers than the shirley x lulu pair.

Thus I don't think sunrise will ever allow it.
Love is the first person you think of. The flashbacks of the kalulu and Clulu were just of regret of having to break it to them that their love is one sided. Kallen doesn't get Lelouch's soul or his fire and C.C. is just too damn jaded and bitter and old. Shirley would make the best wife for him.

Bigger fandoms does not equal happiness for Lelouch. Long live Shirlulu.
Old 2008-09-28, 08:47   Link #7680
incorrupts
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pingva View Post
That's how it is.
Actually i meant NOT close to a victory. Just edited. "^^
Closed Thread

Tags
romance