AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2004-05-09, 18:50   Link #341
Gai-Kakashi

Not one of the biggest three, THE most powerful Ninja villiage of all.
Gai-Kakashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-09, 19:09   Link #342
LuckyStrike

The chuunin exam is example of how many genin Konoha have to test, if you check back to the ep with Kabuto explain stuff to the rookie genins it shows a fair bit.

30 sand
21 rain
15 grass
12 waterfall (according to fansub)
72 Leaf
3 sound

although maybe some of that is attributed to the fact leaf were hosting.
LuckyStrike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-09, 19:14   Link #343
wnkryo
HainShodan

S-O needs better translators becuase A-A just owned them with their subbing.
wnkryo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-09, 19:28   Link #344
Kouji
StrykerX

I agree, cuz I've seen SO's version of 81 and it's not that accurate. Like in the OP they do "Yori yori" When infact it's supposed to be Only, only. And also they have a spelling mistake within the episode itself.
Old 2004-05-09, 19:39   Link #345
GreyArea
Meatf***er

Quote:
Originally Posted by realdeal
Greyarea I think it has been mentioned not sure though, but from what weve seen neither sound or sand could take it down combined so its definetly stronger than both. Also in the chunnin exam leaf had the most students..though Im not sure if thats because it was being held in leaf but still..
Aye, but Sound is a small village, and very recently made (by Orochimaru), and the Sand (as has been mentioned) are very low on ninja because of the Kazekage's policies, so I wouldnt really expect either of those two villages to have much in the way of ninja armies. I just dont recall seeing anyone mention that Konoha is all powerful or anything.

Last edited by GreyArea; 2004-05-09 at 19:59.
GreyArea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-09, 19:47   Link #346
LuckyStrike

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyArea
Aye, but Sound is a small viallge, and very recently made (by Orochimaru), and the Sand (as has been mentioned) are very low on ninja because of the Kazekage's policies, so I wouldnt really expect either of those two villages to have much in the way of ninja armies. I just dont recall seeing anyone mention that Konoha is all powerful or anything.
IIRC.

just before the preliminaries start, Sarutobi explains to the genins what the chuunin exam is all about, i remember that its directly related to the military strength of each country. Konoha having so many genins entered implies large military capacity.
Old 2004-05-09, 19:50   Link #347
Kidd
SD Translator

Send a message via ICQ to Kidd Send a message via AIM to Kidd Send a message via MSN to Kidd Send a message via Yahoo to Kidd
Quote:
nine devil claims kisame is sennin lvl
Actually from the info we have in the anime it's not even confirmed that Kisame is from Akatsuki, he might just be some subordinate to Itachi or a friend. Though most probably yes he is from Akatsuki, even though that doesn't mean he's sennin level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnkryo
S-O needs better translators becuase A-A just owned them with their subbing.
I didn't download anbu-aone's version yet, but actually from seeing how well this episode went by I have a hard time seeing how we could literally be "owned" - "beaten", that I'm not even going to argue against, but "owned" is a very strong word. Please do tell me in pm, via a messenger or even come to our irc room or our forums and tell us where we did something wrong and if you have any constructive criticism to give, please do so; we listen a lot to our fans. (if we didn't you'd still be stuck with my ugly typesetting from episode 77 that everybody hated :P)
Kidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-09, 19:54   Link #348
LuckyStrike

I'm under the impression that having a slash on your ninja thingy (what's the word) means that you're a member of the Akatsuki
Old 2004-05-09, 19:56   Link #349
raikage
日本語を食べません!

Quote:
The hokage is said to be the strongest of all kages..even in his old age..so how do you figuire that one out? If they have more quantity..then its fair to assume that chances are they would have better shinobis. I dont mean each one is better than the other, by ratio leaf could loose but look at it this way:

a country with 100 population is to enter a football competetion and they have 100 to pick from for their 10 players.

a country with 10,000 population is to enter a football competetion, they can pick from the 10,000 for their 10 players.

By this system its clear that the bigger population are more likely to have "more" footballers therefore chances are theyd have the strongest because they have a wider amount to pick from Thats not necesarily the case but through probability..it is.

Greyarea I think it has been mentioned not sure though, but from what weve seen neither sound or sand could take it down combined so its definetly stronger than both. Also in the chunnin exam leaf had the most students..though Im not sure if thats because it was being held in leaf but still..

strykerz, where in any of my posts did I mention kisame is stronger than kakashi? Im arguing exactly the opposite, Im saying we DONT know if kisame is stronger than asuma, gai or kakashi because nine devil claims kisame is sennin lvl.
In your two countries situation, imagine if both countries got behind the stadium for a fight. Every single person was called upon for a fistfight. Who would win?

The 10,000 people have sheer numbers. The 100, even if better fighters individually, can't stand up to those kinds of odds.

And, now that I think about it, the fact that two smaller countries (Sound=brand new, Sand=numbers declining rapidly) were able to attack and cause such devestation on a country with more numbers AND knew that an attack was coming...
raikage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-09, 20:00   Link #350
Kabuto Maniac
animeichi

has anybody noticed the very poor quality of ANBU this time?? SO was alot better this time; BS's speed and ANBU's vid and sub quality...
Kabuto Maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-09, 20:23   Link #351
Kyoji
I WANT MORE MILK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidd
Actually from the info we have in the anime it's not even confirmed that Kisame is from Akatsuki, he might just be some subordinate to Itachi or a friend. Though most probably yes he is from Akatsuki, even though that doesn't mean he's sennin level.
Well, it has been confirmed, members from Akatsuki travel in pairs (funny eyes and sharky) and you can clearly make out Kisame in the line up of the remaining Akatsuki members.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kouji
I agree, cuz I've seen SO's version of 81 and it's not that accurate. Like in the OP they do "Yori yori" When infact it's supposed to be Only, only. And also they have a spelling mistake within the episode itself.
Well, i wouldnt say it was Yori Yori or Only Only, just sounds like someone going "ohee/Owie/whatever you want to type it like" i would say S-O got it closer but i havent read the official song lyrics, so i cant really comment, but please tell me where you found out.

edit: a thing i didnt get about the S-O sub was subbing Mangekyou as Mange? eh?!

Last edited by Kyoji; 2004-05-09 at 20:33.
Kyoji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-09, 20:27   Link #352
GreyArea
Meatf***er

Quote:
Cant see how anyone would think he's not a member of the Akatsuki; he has one of those rings, and the Akatsuki memebers are travelling around in pairs (there is another factor about how they talk to each other - but that contains spoilers, so I'll leave it at that).
GreyArea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-09, 20:28   Link #353
wnkryo
HainShodan

Quote:
I didn't download anbu-aone's version yet, but actually from seeing how well this episode went by I have a hard time seeing how we could literally be "owned" - "beaten", that I'm not even going to argue against, but "owned" is a very strong word. Please do tell me in pm, via a messenger or even come to our irc room or our forums and tell us where we did something wrong and if you have any constructive criticism to give, please do so; we listen a lot to our fans. (if we didn't you'd still be stuck with my ugly typesetting from episode 77 that everybody hated :P)

Well to tell you the truth I really don't know which one makes the most sence (since I don't read the manga). But if you see both of them you will incounter parts that when translated, there are some time completely different from from both respective fansubs. Just watch A-A version and you will understand.

Oh and yah, I do agree--Owned was a harsh word , and another thing, I don't care at all what type setting you guys have
Old 2004-05-09, 20:32   Link #354
Kouji
StrykerX

Quote:
but please tell me where you found out
Well, first in ANBU-AonE, they had Only Only, Just go my way. Now it's Oli Oli, Just go my way.
Old 2004-05-09, 21:00   Link #355
Kidd
SD Translator

Send a message via ICQ to Kidd Send a message via AIM to Kidd Send a message via MSN to Kidd Send a message via Yahoo to Kidd
Quote:
Well, it has been confirmed, members from Akatsuki travel in pairs (funny eyes and sharky) and you can clearly make out Kisame in the line up of the remaining Akatsuki members.
Very very true, thanks for pointing this out to me, me st00pid :P

Quote:
Well, i wouldnt say it was Yori Yori or Only Only, just sounds like someone going "ohee/Owie/whatever you want to type it like" i would say S-O got it closer but i havent read the official song lyrics, so i cant really comment, but please tell me where you found out.
Finally got our hands on the official lyrics after the release of 82, and it's "Oli oli". We'll most probably have the lyrics re-translated from official lyrics in 83, if not by then, then we should have them translated by 84. Keep in mind how much harder it is to translate songtexts than dialogue, heh heh.

Quote:
Cant see how anyone would think he's not a member of the Akatsuki; he has one of those rings, and the Akatsuki memebers are travelling around in pairs (there is another factor about how they talk to each other - but that contains spoilers, so I'll leave it at that).
Same response as I gave Kyoji up there goes for you too, heh heh. btw, I did mean this more in the way "we might have the wrong impression, keep your eyes open" than me not really thinking he was from Akatsuki.

Quote:
a thing i didnt get about the S-O sub was subbing Mangekyou as Mange? eh?!
Sorry, this is the only translation flaw in 82 that I know about off the bat, and I probably will make the others put in a note about this during the "tv tokyo"-screen in 83. When travelling the internet I'm sure many of you have seen spoilers from manga readers who doesn't mark spoilers, and this mistranslation actually comes from them and my own bad self esteem. More than once I have read the term "mange", so when I stumbled upon "mangekyou" in 82 I thought "oh, there it came" (and I was happy btw because this was the last spoiler I had ever read that had yet to come in the anime). I was surprised that I didn't hear the same thing as all these manga readers has been saying, so I (not being the most fluent person in the japanese language) thought that "kyou" might be some weird grammar stuff that I somehow had missed throughout all these years... so I blamed myself for me not noticing an important part of grammar and did my best to translate the sentance even though I didn't know that part of grammar.

Of course, in the end it's obvious I did know all the grammar needed, I had just related what I heard to someone spoiling incorrectly (or maybe I have misread something) and I didn't believe in myself. This is a fine example of when bad self esteem can make your self esteem even worse, I guess. Had I trusted myself and my own judgement more, you would all have read this term properly translated. I apologize for this, especially since this isn't the first time this has happened (me second guessing myself and thus translating wrong) - from this point on I'll question everything thrown my way more and not just be the submissive kind of person I am, at least when it comes to translating, heh heh.

The proper translation of the word "mangekyou" (to my knowledge), is "kaleidoscope". I don't know what anbu-aone put but that's what I translate it into, and actually it makes more sense that way so I don't see why I didn't believe in myself back then...
Kidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-09, 21:23   Link #356
wnkryo
HainShodan

Don't worry to much though (Kidd). You guys owned (yes owned ) A-A in audio and video quality this time around. All you need now is to improve on your subbing. If any thing, you can try and ask bakasan to help you out on that... All you would need to do is run a spell check after he is done
Old 2004-05-09, 21:32   Link #357
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
Just watched both versions, and there are many dialogues that are different in the 2 fansubs. I don't know Japanese, so obviously I can't tell who did wrong here, but I'm astonished by the difference. However, I think S-O's sub, accuracy aside is pretty fluent, while anbu&aone gives this odd feeling when I read the subs (probably with its overdone formality in some areas).

Such as the line at 11:40:
anbu&aone's
"This pain does not differ from one created via an illusion, though."
compared to
s-o's
"Your spirit doesn't understand that this isn't reality."

IMO, the 2nd one sounded much better and fluent than the first, and the tone sounded just right. Sometimes tone and wording are important, not just the accuracy of the words.
Mizuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-09, 21:37   Link #358
Tsukasa27

Hi this is my first contribution to this forum and I'd like to express some ideas

1- I think a lot of people here do no t give enough credit to Orochimaru
Sure he's a bit weird and all, but I find him very cool and a perfect villain (Just rewatch ep 30 and up, especially the part with Anko!)
Now we know he's one of the Sannin so he's there at the top.

Assuming the remaining Akatsuki members are as strong as Itachi or pretty close is just non-sense. Being a Sannin would then be meaningless...
Now I gotta admit Itachi gets his orders from a higher person or so it seems.
We can then say this person must be stronger than Itachi himself.
But I'm not sure this is a good direction for Naruto. We're stuck with a lot of potentially main villains (Itachi, Orochimaru, the head of Akatsuki, possibly Kabuto to some extent).

As for Itachi, he sure is overated but he remains strong as hell and I doubt other members of the Akatsuki are stronger than him.

After all, he's a pivotal character because he's heavily involved in the goal of a main character.

And to finish, do not underestimate Jiraiya, we haven't seen much from him yet.
Tsukasa27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-09, 21:40   Link #359
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyarea
Aye, but Sound is a small village, and very recently made (by Orochimaru), and the Sand (as has been mentioned) are very low on ninja because of the Kazekage's policies, so I wouldnt really expect either of those two villages to have much in the way of ninja armies. I just dont recall seeing anyone mention that Konoha is all powerful or anything.
Not only the Sand was low on ninja, but the number of ninjas that they could bring into Konoha was severely restricted to not draw attention on them.
That's why Gaara was to intervene.

Konoha was the Strongest of the 5 Great Hidden Villages Ninja, but not strong enough to destroy one of 5 Great and to be able to survive to the attack which the remaining villages would launch immediately to finish the weakened survivor.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-09, 21:42   Link #360
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
I think Kisame is amongst the weakest of the Akatsuki, the way they divide the group is and this is just speculation, is that they pair up a strong leader with a weaker member, so they can arrange 4 groups evenly. Kisame is probably just a tad stronger than Zebuza imo.
Mizuno is offline   Reply With Quote