AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2008-10-10, 20:01   Link #101
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

As others have said, there is still no official word that SO4 is coming to the PS3. Maybe in year or so after SO4's 360 release, maybe, but I still wouldn't hold my breath.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-10, 20:01   Link #102
Shinndou
魂を踊らすように

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Lycan View Post
YESS!!!!!
I don't have to buy a 360 anymore
all lef is for Tales of Vasperia going to ps3
Hello? It's a false rumour, no official statement was made about Star Ocean 4 coming to PS3. That news was made up from the usual desperate fanboys. It's from the same source who "claimed" a year ago that SO4 was going to be a PS3 exclusive (while it ended up being the complete opposite).

I don't see Tri-Ace working on a port anytime soon, unless S-E gets an other team to work on the port.
Shinndou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-10, 20:13   Link #103
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

But why wouldn't they release SO4 on the PS3 ?
When SO$ could sel better on the PS3 in japan ?
Old 2008-10-10, 20:22   Link #104
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Who knows? Maybe the Green Team has paid some of the upstart costs (like development fees or what not) that made SO4 a 360 exclusive, or at least a timed exlusive for that system. Or heck, maybe the engine Tri-ace used works very well with the 360 but is very slow for the PS3, and so either SquareEnix either is taking extra long with the port because of said issues, or they scrapped it all together because the high costs for making a port doesn't justify the revenue.

Then agian, all of the above is just speculation... anyone else's guess is as good as mine, but that wouldn't change the fact that currently there is no official word at all of SO4 coming to the PS3.

Old 2008-10-10, 20:28   Link #105
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

WHy don't they just get advice/help from the FFXIII people
Old 2008-10-10, 20:48   Link #106
Shinndou
魂を踊らすように

Because Tri-Ace is a developing company on its own (even if they publish their works under the Square-Enix labels) and not a team "inside" Square-Enix. Also, their knowledge is limited and focused on the 360 at the moment, since they already stated that they're mostly familiar with the 360 dev kits, having already developed one game for it (Infinite Undiscovery). They're not a big team, so it's no wonder that they chose one platform and they decided to stick with it since they can't waste resources and create a separate team to work on an other platform. As I said earlier, if there will ever be a port of SO4 on the PS3, chances are that it'll be someone else to take care of it (at best Tri-Ace could be involved in supervising).

Besides that, there's no guarantee that SO4 would sell any better on PS3. In Japan, maybe, but I wouldn't even say that. Look at how well Vesperia did on the 360 in Japan. And look at how Senjou no Valkyria, PS3's current best JRPG, only did barely well in Japan, even as a console-seller. Also, if you include the fact that SO4 is going to be published all over the globe, I think it's pretty normal that they'd prefer developing a game for the HD console that has the largest install base worldwide, as it gives them more chances to sell copies.
Shinndou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-11, 00:52   Link #107
kujoe
from head to heel

Well, I don't it's even fair to compare Tales of Vesperia to Valkyria Chronicles in the first place. A Tales game would sell better on any system compared to a new IP.

New IPs have a higher chance of not selling well in Japan... even if they're released for the DS.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-11, 04:02   Link #108
Lebron
I hear voices

Lost Odyssey is sitting at around 750K, which is good for a new IP(JRPG). That has nothing to do with the current conversation, just felt like throwing that out there because I was bored.

Anyway, let's forget all the speculation talk and focus on what really matters. MARCH 3, IT'S ON! Hopefully, are Euro brothers don't have to wait too long till they can get their hands on the game.
Lebron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-11, 04:10   Link #109
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebron View Post
Lost Odyssey is sitting at around 750K, which is good for a new IP(JRPG). That has nothing to do with the current conversation, just felt like throwing that out there because I was bored.
But compared to a Tales game that lots of people were waiting for? (Not to mention, the Japanese love Tales games.) I'm pretty sure Tales of Vesperia has more sales than Lost Odyssey, or at least has the more buzz. That was my point.
Old 2008-10-11, 04:15   Link #110
Lebron
I hear voices

Oh, I wasn't responding to you. I was just throwing that out, like I said :P

But you are right, comparing ToV to VC is a bad example. A better one would be Eternal Sonata, which did a lot worse in Japan. Granted the PS3 version is doing about as bad as the 360 version. So yeah, Batman.
Old 2008-10-13, 02:57   Link #111
Lebron
I hear voices

Yeah, some more battle footage from TGS
http://www.gamersyde.com/news_7222_en.html
Old 2008-10-17, 06:50   Link #112
IchiKyo
大いなる希望の力、キュア・ドリーム!

Send a message via AIM to IchiKyo Send a message via MSN to IchiKyo Send a message via Yahoo to IchiKyo
5th new character, horrible T_T
http://videogamerx.gamedonga.co.kr/z...004/001/12.jpg

And Private Actions scans
http://img413.imageshack.us/my.php?i...0808195ud2.jpg
I want to see all Reimi PA... she's definitely too moe, cute and interesting...
IchiKyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-17, 08:09   Link #113
Shadow Kira01

Quote:
Originally Posted by IchiKyo View Post
A cyborg? I guess it is better to have a cyborg instead of a squirrel boy or the circus kid. However, when I play SO4, I probably won't be adding him to the party. His armor looks rather odd.
Shadow Kira01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-17, 17:23   Link #114
kujoe
from head to heel

Damn, that's one stupid looking character. He looks like an oversized toy. And with the character models looking like anime dolls, his armor design isn't helping.
Old 2008-10-17, 19:10   Link #115
IchiKyo
大いなる希望の力、キュア・ドリーム!

Send a message via AIM to IchiKyo Send a message via MSN to IchiKyo Send a message via Yahoo to IchiKyo
Better Quality Scans
http://videogamerx.gamedonga.co.kr/zbxe/1007681#0

and more face of Reimi. (from a video on Nicovideo)
http://img523.imageshack.us/my.php?i...4513334gt9.jpg
Old 2008-10-17, 20:36   Link #116
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

^
They better make a real life doll of Reimi lol. She looks so moe.... *drools*

BTW, anybody has any info about the seiyuu list yet? Or even highly educated guesses by the Japanese (like say 2ch) as to who plays who?

Old 2008-10-17, 20:41   Link #117
kujoe
from head to heel

I'm still waiting for the alternative, tougher female characters... like Nel or Maria.

Well, at least Reimi is already shaping to be much better than what's-her-name from SO3.
Old 2008-10-17, 21:10   Link #118
TrueKnight

Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoue
I'm pretty sure Tales of Vesperia has more sales than Lost Odyssey, or at least has the more buzz. That was my point.
So far, ToV had sold around 250 -270k worldwide..... Not exactly spectacular for a Tales game or at Odyssey's level, but good for a first 360 franchise nevertheless. I mean Odyssey had M$ doing the overkill marketing for them.. while Bamco didn't do crap.

SO 3 has a larger fanbase than Tales combined in the US... so SO 4 probably will sell more with decent marketing. The x360 jrpg fanbase in Japan had somehow been boosted with ToV, IU and the soon Last Remnant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebron
Hopefully, are Euro brothers don't have to wait too long till they can get their hands on the game.
God forbid Europe gets the game anytime soon.
TrueKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-18, 05:19   Link #119
IchiKyo
大いなる希望の力、キュア・ドリーム!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoe View Post
Well, at least Reimi is already shaping to be much better than what's-her-name from SO3.
Sophia Esteed.
Old 2008-10-18, 13:48   Link #120
Lebron
I hear voices

Damn Presidential Debate, I'm going to bust out laughing every time I hear Edge Maverick's name....Maverick! Also, yeah, that cyborg(or w/e he is) looks just silly. He better have some super ultimate kill everyone Gundam 0 type of beam attack or something

oh and yeah

Spoiler:

Now you suckers can't unsee it either. Lebron Away!