AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Old 2008-10-18, 03:05   Link #12621
Lhuna
I flirt with evil. |D

Whoa, you people make me type too much. I must be in a typing mood.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat Megex View Post
TO THE TWO OF YOU: I BID YOU WELCOME TO OUR HUMBLE THREAD OF AWESOMENESS. THE TWO OF YOU SHALL SERVE KYONKO WELL.
THE GREEN TEXT IT BURNS US. ;~;

... It's certainly not humble if you declare it to be awesome so loudly, now is it? Nevertheless, this is clearly my kind of awesome and you can expect this follower to frequent the area more... erm, frequently.

And, hopefully, I will please Kyonko with my offerings.

Quote:
...Just spotted the link to that Kire Kire Mayoi song, clicked, and listened...I quite like it. Though I'm a little interested in how the lyrics are different from Hare Hare Yukai...(can't really work it out by ear, at least not on my own. :/ )
As am I! I wish I could tell you what they were, but seeing as I have yet to get my uber-expensive Rosetta Stone Japanese language learning package for an awesome gift, I have absolutely no idea.

A little info for you all about what I've been doing: I'm trying my hand for the... er, second time coloring a picture of male!Asakura--hopefully the coloring will turn out... okay. I'm not much for computer coloring, though, so I also asked my friend to color it as well. |D Might turn out good from either or both of us, so look forward to that as well.

I wanted the color because he seems to refuse to blend with my signature at all, or the stupid thing would be sitting under this post RIGHT NOW. Seeing as I'm being forced to bed, this will likely be my last post for the moment (until around... maybe anywhere from 12~3pm US Eastern time, at least), so try not to miss me too much. =D

Oh, and I should have some things to post tomorrow in the way of drawings. I printed out a ton of reference pictures from the image thread.

C-chan, and AWAAAY! /o/ *Woosh!*
Lhuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-18, 09:59   Link #12622
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Send a message via AIM to Kogetsu Shirogane
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhuna View Post
Whoa, you people make me type too much. I must be in a typing mood.
Don't worry, that sort of thing is natural.

Also, the burning is to be expected. You've been permanently branded a Kyonkoist, so don't try to leave. Ever.

Okay, so I'm kidding about that last part

*e*

Quote:
...Just spotted the link to that Kire Kire Mayoi song, clicked, and listened...I quite like it. Though I'm a little interested in how the lyrics are different from Hare Hare Yukai...(can't really work it out by ear, at least not on my own. :/ )
After hearing only the first verse and chorus, I can safely say that it's actually harder to find lyrics that are the same between the two
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
... so you think you're a king now...

Last edited by Kogetsu Shirogane; 2008-10-18 at 10:26.
Kogetsu Shirogane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-18, 11:41   Link #12623
unmoldedtruck

Send a message via AIM to unmoldedtruck
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kogetsu Shirogane View Post
Okay, so I'm kidding about that last part
He's kidding. You can't leave.
unmoldedtruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-18, 13:01   Link #12624
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jintor View Post
Chippendales always gave me major problems, since we don't have them in my country. Or at least we don't have them where I can see them.
I only heard of them thanks to this hypnotist. One of my friends got hypnotized and was instructed to do the dance...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discreet View Post
Very soon or not anytime soon.

I'm gonna be busy this weekend and a good portion of the week so that's a no go.

In fact, the only free-time I have is right now. But it'll take me like 3 hours to edit (procrastination included) and I'm exhausted as it is.
Goddammit. Oh well, gives me more time to die in Persona 3.

Quote:
I can't let my eyes wander to the left side of the screen in the fear that I might be caught under the power of Kaisos' avatar.
MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Quote:
Wow, it's like... IOSYS made Hare Hare even MORE awesome.

That should be the ED to this. It really should.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beanbrew View Post
He's kidding. You can't leave.
He's right. You'll never be able to escape now, even if you want to.

AHAHAHAHA.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-18, 14:44   Link #12625
sbg711

I was just wondering if there's somekind of an online storage place for all of the genderbending ideas, mangas, fanart (etc...) currently known to date...
Something like an official Seitenkan web-site.

And if not... wouldn't it be a great idea to cook up something like that? As from what I can see so far, there's more than enough content to keep a site running.

sbg711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-18, 14:56   Link #12626
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

http://wiki.sos-dan.com/wiki/The_Gen...aruhi_Suzumiya

^All we have for a site so far.

The problem with running a site is that I'd probably have to be the one updating it, and I'm rather lazy...
Old 2008-10-18, 15:03   Link #12627
sbg711

Well the Seitenkan group has 167 members atm. I'm sure there will be more people willing to update the site regularly

Old 2008-10-19, 04:37   Link #12628
Lhuna
I flirt with evil. |D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kogetsu Shirogane
Don't worry, that sort of thing is natural.
Good. I'm in a "Too long; didn't read" kind of mood. Hopefully it won't be minded~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon

AHAHAHAHA.
... Who said I wanted to? ¬.¬

You're doing the evil laughter wrong. D: Needs moar echoing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon
http://wiki.sos-dan.com/wiki/The_Gen...aruhi_Suzumiya

^All we have for a site so far.

The problem with running a site is that I'd probably have to be the one updating it, and I'm rather lazy...
Oh god, I'm going to drown everyone in words. ;~; I must seem like ultra-book-geek now in everyone's head after this post. Oi.

As far as sites go, I'm not much for anything... like, ever. I know a bit of HTML, just enough to get by, but not enough to make anything awesome, despite my efforts. I've never even edited a Wiki page, and I know even less about how that's done.

But I did, however, notice some minor errors in the chapters you had up. Mostly to do with the quotation marks, though; nothing I deemed all that serious. They kept switching from one kind to the other... I saw several different instances of it. I was sort of wondering if it was because there were several editors/writers, or just generalish mistakes that went unnoticed?

For example, they'd go back and forth between the normal ones, and what I refer to as the 'pretty' ones: "Um... how are you today?" and the next would change to, “I'm fine! Really. Just, er, fine.”

"... Right.” ... Or they'd end up with two different sets, like that. And several other combinations, but you get the idea. XD;

Anyway, I don't believe I noticed anything much MORE serious. I also thought it was very well-written, personally. I found myself seeing Haruki as natural more and more instead of Haruhi (which again comes back to the "Why the hell does this series fit better genderbent?" question). Not only that, but I found it matched the anime well, and the changes that were made (thus far) fit what should be accurate. It really ignited my inner geek's artistic fanspasming kind of passion. |D

(Also, I really need to stop posting at awkward hours. 8D)
Lhuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-19, 05:33   Link #12629
sbg711

Quote:
As far as sites go, I'm not much for anything... like, ever. I know a bit of HTML, just enough to get by, but not enough to make anything awesome, despite my efforts. I've never even edited a Wiki page, and I know even less about how that's done.
Well I guess I have some experience in web development. Though I do hate coding everything from scratch...

The idea of using a wiki based engine is well... nice, but some parts of that site are simply chaotic. I got dizzy simply from browsing some of the image board threads.
And it doesn't really look appealing nor user friendly to those of which are new to the Seitenkan Haruhi idea.

Old 2008-10-19, 08:31   Link #12630
tehjoker
It's all useless.

Quote:
Was it Like this?:

AHAHAHAHA. *echo* *echo*

correct me if i'm wrong.

Anyone saw a genderbent Sasaki?
tehjoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-19, 10:26   Link #12631
vivify93

Send a message via MSN to vivify93

...It's nice to see this place with a healthy sprinkling of CRACK and a generous dose of insanity again.
Old 2008-10-19, 10:41   Link #12632
otai

Send a message via MSN to otai
Quote:
Originally Posted by tehjoker View Post
Anyone saw a genderbent Sasaki?
Try the image thread. I remember one, from way back before the image thread was split; it was a cute pic of Sasaki and Kyonko riding together on a bike.

In Clannad After Story Ep. 2, anyone else here felt that the passing girl on the street that Sunohara tried to hit on; could be Kyonko?
otai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-19, 11:09   Link #12633
Discreet
The Fascist

Quote:
Anyway, I don't believe I noticed anything much MORE serious. I also thought it was very well-written, personally. I found myself seeing Haruki as natural more and more instead of Haruhi (which again comes back to the "Why the hell does this series fit better genderbent?" question). Not only that, but I found it matched the anime well, and the changes that were made (thus far) fit what should be accurate. It really ignited my inner geek's artistic fanspasming kind of passion. |D

(Also, I really need to stop posting at awkward hours. 8D)
Quote things are because some people type the chapters in word and some do it in the reply box.

Besides I'm pretty sure that isn't the final version. Although I'll be honest I did not notice the quote thing at all.

That said, there's nothing wrong with posting at awkward times. It's the only time I post, in fact.
Discreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-19, 13:26   Link #12634
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Quote things are because some people type the chapters in word and some do it in the reply box.

Besides I'm pretty sure that isn't the final version. Although I'll be honest I did not notice the quote thing at all.

That said, there's nothing wrong with posting at awkward times. It's the only time I post, in fact.
I copy and paste the chapters from B-T, which uses the "pretty" quotation marks, and Word defaults to the "boring" ones when I add new dialogue.

So yeah.

Also, I haven't updated that Wiki in years. We need an actual site...

Sigh...

I'm not actually that bad with HTML... but I really don't want to do this...
Old 2008-10-19, 13:48   Link #12635
sbg711

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
I copy and paste the chapters from B-T, which uses the "pretty" quotation marks, and Word defaults to the "boring" ones when I add new dialogue.

So yeah.

Also, I haven't updated that Wiki in years. We need an actual site...

Sigh...

I'm not actually that bad with HTML... but I really don't want to do this...
That's where I come in

I could handle the technical side (aka search/install/bridge cms/gallery/community engines, as well as handle the visual look of the site).

Although I'm kinda short on cash atm. Already running a payed server + several domains, thus I doubt I could afford another host.

But anyways, I'd be happy to help out.

Old 2008-10-19, 22:35   Link #12636
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Send a message via AIM to Kogetsu Shirogane
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post

AHAHAHAHA.
Quote:
... Who said I wanted to? ¬.¬

Quote:
Originally Posted by tehjoker View Post
Was it Like this?:

AHAHAHAHA. *echo* *echo*

correct me if i'm wrong.
heh heh heh heh heh... hehehehe... hahahahaha... YAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

... Did I win?
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
... so you think you're a king now...
Kogetsu Shirogane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-19, 22:57   Link #12637
Discreet
The Fascist

Did you just say...

Ya-ha?

Which makes me think of how similar Haruki is to Hiruma when he's blackmailing people.
Old 2008-10-19, 22:59   Link #12638
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

What the hell is that? A football-playing elf?
Old 2008-10-19, 23:01   Link #12639
Discreet
The Fascist

Never heard of Eyeshield 21? It's a sports manga that's really well done. All the characters, including the elf are awesome.

Imagine everything devious about Haruki and multiply it by a thousand, make it badass as well as funny and you get Hiruma.

I recommend it, particularly the manga as the anime is shitty quality.
Old 2008-10-19, 23:03   Link #12640
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Never heard of Eyeshield 21? It's a sports manga that's really well done. All the characters, including the elf are awesome.

Imagine everything devious about Haruki and multiply it by a thousand, make it badass as well as funny and you get Hiruma.

I recommend it, particularly the manga as the anime is shitty quality.
...So why is he an elf?

Tags
genderbender, seitenkan