AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2008-11-06, 00:37   Link #341
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

i just wish they have more explicit relationships like the main couple in Raxephon (the movie).
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-06, 01:05   Link #342
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk2extreme View Post
i just wish they have more explicit relationships like the main couple in Raxephon (the movie).
RahXephon was a love-story, first and foremost. You can't expect a war-based anime to compete with a love-story anime on relationships, even if they both have mecha.
Old 2008-11-06, 01:11   Link #343
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
RahXephon was a love-story, first and foremost. You can't expect a war-based anime to compete with a love-story anime on relationships, even if they both have mecha.
One can hope can they, and you dont see significant age difference in couple that often anyways
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-06, 01:35   Link #344
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
You'd think that. Most of the CG-fans in AS need to realize that.

I dunno, relationships in this Gundam show have never really interested me all that much. I don't have any real set pairings for MSG00, though I suppose I'd support SetsunaxMarina if there was any real romantic development between the two.
Old 2008-11-08, 13:58   Link #345
MooMooFarm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lugia_Tsuyu View Post
She doesn't compliment him 'yet'. I'm pretty sure she will in the future. But I don't see why not complimenting Setsuna is making her not likable?

And she's trying to understand him. Even though he killed a lot of people, and she didn't even like the CB ways of ending the war with forces, but she still thanked them and believes in them.

To me, she's more REAL than any other female protagonist compared to other Gundam series.
That's not saying much. Most female protagonist in Gundam series are fake as hell.

And Marina may be real, but she's portraying the denseness of stupid people around the world way too well.

And you know the whole Marina Setsuna deal, I swear, the cutest/appealing thing about that couple is only that stupid silly image that has Setsuna saying they are all gundam but when marina asks he says no. That was hilarious, simply because of the way they were drawn.
MooMooFarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-30, 06:31   Link #346
Nightwing(T_T)
Sooo............sad

From ep9 Setsuna definitely still can't let go of his past. He looks like as if wanting Lyle to blame him. Strange. actually somehow I found setsuna might actually be the type that love to blame himself (self loathing) in order to progress with his life. Some people might said that he's a two dimensional character but now I think that he might actually a really complex one. It just that we didn't manage to see it so far since he have this cool and silent atitude. Honestly it's really interesting seeing his true character being peeled of of little by little.
Nightwing(T_T) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-30, 06:58   Link #347
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

The way i see it, they're just going to keep showing us time and time again that Setsuna blames himself, and wants others to blame him for everything he's done upto this point in his life --- until Marina is able to safe Setsuna, and help him change.
Old 2008-12-01, 07:21   Link #348
Spring_sakura111
Kanashimi o mukou eto~!

Setsuna is broken.
Marina is broken.
Who will fix them if they're both broken?
GUUUUUUUNDAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMM M!
Spring_sakura111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-01, 09:56   Link #349
patnam

what if Setsuna may sing a song when pilot his Gundam...
and his favourite song will be Gundam 0079 Opening Theme Song..

patnam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-04, 10:01   Link #350
ipernorris

Setsuna killed his own family, his own mother in particular. Something like that can't be forgiven even if he becomes a priest or whatever.
Don't start with the "he was a child and he was brainwashed" bullshit because I don't buy it: children in war contexts grow faster than others so they can understand the implications of their action really well. He's doing the only right thing for him to do: after what he did there is no second chance, so he's trying to change the world by doing the only thing he's good at, fighting.
ipernorris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-04, 10:09   Link #351
gaoyuanyuan1

At least he is not like Saji who always cries out and does nothing significantly. What happened in that past is already over and he still continues to look forwards to future.
gaoyuanyuan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-04, 11:47   Link #352
MUAHAHAHAHAHA
Hail the power of Fujoshi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipernorris View Post
Setsuna killed his own family, his own mother in particular. Something like that can't be forgiven even if he becomes a priest or whatever.
Don't start with the "he was a child and he was brainwashed" bullshit because I don't buy it: children in war contexts grow faster than others so they can understand the implications of their action really well. He's doing the only right thing for him to do: after what he did there is no second chance, so he's trying to change the world by doing the only thing he's good at, fighting.
That's right. He is using the very same method he once used on his mother, only now he uses the same method again for the sake of humanity. Even if some view his actions of eradicating wars as heroic, what he did in the past remains. The sins of killing his own mother can never be washed away. He is repenting by being part of CB. Even so, he is repenting by sacrificing the lives of the others. This is why sometimes i feel sorry for him, but sometimes i don't.
MUAHAHAHAHAHA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-04, 13:52   Link #353
Tyrone Biggums
Crack Head

WTF! Where the hell does Setsuna ACT like he is self-loathing? Seems to me like he's just stating the facts, putting thingsin hte open. Letting others decide how they will react.

Setsuna told Lyle first and foremost that he was part of the KSPA because he told Neil as well. Neil didn't hold it against him but went after Ali for his revenge. Will Lyle do the same?

Only the writers know. But regardless Setsuna left the choice up to Lyle.
Old 2009-01-11, 07:48   Link #354
Nightwing(T_T)
Sooo............sad

Damn Ribbon is the pilot of 0 Gundam! And setsuna wasn't actually being chosen as a meister. how will this fact will affect setsuna? will it affect his belief? I can't wait next episode (like it when the protagonist is suffering)
Nightwing(T_T) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-11, 09:43   Link #355
Ardi220288
Rooaaarrrr

Change in faith?
Ardi220288 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-11, 10:56   Link #356
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightwing(T_T) View Post
Damn Ribbon is the pilot of 0 Gundam! And setsuna wasn't actually being chosen as a meister. how will this fact will affect setsuna? will it affect his belief? I can't wait next episode (like it when the protagonist is suffering)
Why would it? Ribbons is working with Ali, ANOTHER false-prophet in Setsuna's life. So he is just another person on the "must kill" list.

Ribbons didn't tell Setsuna to be a Gundam, Setsuna did it on his own. In fact, Ribbons knows nothing about Setsuna at all, which is why he didn't realize Setsuna will NOT take orders from a "god" ever again.

Setsuna never worshiped Ribbons directly but instead follow simple ideals. Ribbons would be gravely mistaken if he really think Setsuna would worship a human, ever since Ali did his damage.
Old 2009-01-11, 11:09   Link #357
T.V.

Quote:
Nevertheless, he still very much WAS chosen to pilot Exia.

The fact that Ribbons suggested him to VEDA, although ironic, doesn't matter, since VEDA approved it.
Ribbons just wanted to rile up Setsuna with that comment and it looks like he succeeded.
Setsuna however, doesn't seem to be the man to fall into a deep crisis of conciousness, like Saji.
He's already past that and while this revelation was an unexpected suprise, Setsuna's mind is still made up as evidenced by him immidiately moving to shoot Ribbons afterwards.

Setsuna has seemingly no intention of playing along with Ribbons' mind games, but we'll have to see how things develope from here on to be sure.
T.V. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-11, 11:31   Link #358
NoOneKnowS
Who am I?

I don't know why but I have this feeling that Setsuna will die (maybe along w/ the other meisters). No, I don't hate him. I really like the guy. We finally have a badass male lead who isn't pwnz00rs/God/Jesus in the battlefield but at least he can certainly hold on his own while still being a very complicated guy. But I guess the series is focusing more on the 4 meisters themselves rather than Setsuna alone. While that is a good thing too. Though, Aside from Al/hal, Setsuna is one very controversial character.

Last edited by NoOneKnowS; 2009-01-11 at 11:32. Reason: spelling corrections...lol/
NoOneKnowS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-11, 11:38   Link #359
Lugia_Tsuyu
Damn, I'm good!

Quote:
Maybe that's why they sent (or sending) him to Marina. So she can comfort him. And make him more stronger (I hope =_='')

She use to be anti-fighting, but back in episode 10 (I think) she said now she understand Setsuna's feelings a little bit.
Lugia_Tsuyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-11, 11:44   Link #360
Pink-chan
世界の明日のために

I got a feeling that Setsuna will be more resolved after the meeting with Marina in the next episode. It's about time for him to take up leadership. He is supposed to do that this season isn't it? Setsuna doesn't believe in god. He will believe in Marina, she who he relied on I feel.

Avatar by Sonae. Signature by Airi. Thank you.
Pink-chan is offline   Reply With Quote