AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2008-11-18, 05:58   Link #321
Ruezu

Send a message via MSN to Ruezu
Anyone know where I can purchase the game?
Old 2008-11-18, 10:26   Link #322
Psieye
Lore Hunter

Send a message via AIM to Psieye Send a message via MSN to Psieye
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivio Testarossa View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psieye
Correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't Sailor Moon oriented towards traditional magical girl values? That is: love conquers all, friendship and kindness over force, etc? That's why Sailor Moon isn't suggested. CCS was on the borderline in that sense. Remember: any new character will have to realistically be able to fight against THE Lina Inverse and THE Nanoha - both famous for ridiculous firepower.

If you wanted elemental attacks at the right calibre, I'd suggest looking into Touhou.
I don't see how there "moral values" could affect there ability to fight another group.

Also your logic does not stand as neither Nanoha or CCS characters fight because they like killing people/destroying stuff (therefore, they shouldn't be included either). Also in both universes the "heroes" try to talk the "villains" down first, then result to force after they don't back down, not the other way around. As to the amount of "firepower", the game developers could easily balance that issue out.
You are thinking of characters' moral values. I was talking of story/series philosophies. If you're familiar with SRW terminology, it's analogous to Real Type vs Super Type shows: Yes, there are many units/shows that straddle between the two boundaries. But there are shows which are 100% on one side, and it's not really feasible to try and make them act like the other side.

That is: you cannot "easily balance" the situation. There may not be an issue for you, but if the developers give "Traditional"-type magical girls a ton of firepower to balance things out, then to me that's destroying the concept/meaning of those characters. It's the same as in fanfiction: if a story has too much OOC-ness (Out of Character) with no development storytelling to explain how these jarring changes happened, then that story won't be highly regarded.

Of course, there's always the option of putting in the characters with default power levels. Maybe I'm misguided: what's the 'power level' of the Sailor Senshi at the very end of their multiple seasons? If that is very low compared to "whoops, yet another town got blown up" Lina Inverse, would fans be happy playing underpowered characters just because they're from their favourite series?

Moe Culture Essays (my archive of my long posts); J Saimoe 2008 Wiki pages (minimialistic ASuki link library for now)
Psieye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-18, 12:13   Link #323
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist

If this is a game where all of the characters can fly then Sailor Moon wouldn't make much sense. Princess Serenity however might work since she floats and has more power than even Eternal Sailor Moon would.

momobunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-18, 12:26   Link #324
Utau
Butler mitai~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Utau
i don't suppose anyone has suggested PreCure before. Seriously, who would not forget about those DBZ girls.
Utau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-18, 19:14   Link #325
Ruezu

Send a message via MSN to Ruezu
Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
LOL, the internet has corrupted you.

Its not freeware, its pirated

If you really want to buy it, you should buy the expansion as well which is coming out next Comiket.
I'll buy both, any idea where I can get it?
Old 2008-11-18, 19:22   Link #326
alyxenace
♫Wings of Fallen Angel♫

Send a message via AIM to alyxenace Send a message via MSN to alyxenace
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psieye View Post
You are thinking of characters' moral values. I was talking of story/series philosophies. If you're familiar with SRW terminology, it's analogous to Real Type vs Super Type shows: Yes, there are many units/shows that straddle between the two boundaries. But there are shows which are 100% on one side, and it's not really feasible to try and make them act like the other side.

That is: you cannot "easily balance" the situation. There may not be an issue for you, but if the developers give "Traditional"-type magical girls a ton of firepower to balance things out, then to me that's destroying the concept/meaning of those characters. It's the same as in fanfiction: if a story has too much OOC-ness (Out of Character) with no development storytelling to explain how these jarring changes happened, then that story won't be highly regarded.

Of course, there's always the option of putting in the characters with default power levels. Maybe I'm misguided: what's the 'power level' of the Sailor Senshi at the very end of their multiple seasons? If that is very low compared to "whoops, yet another town got blown up" Lina Inverse, would fans be happy playing underpowered characters just because they're from their favourite series?
I personally agree with this response. If you see the game, the "concept" of the firepower in each anime (Well, Sarara and Kirara don't count in the word "anime." lol.) pretty much matches the graphics of each attack and its power. For example, Nanoha uses a huge firepower when firing Divine Buster in the first season; same goes for this game. I'm supporting the fact that Fly System are putting the characters' powers according to its source. If Sailor Senshi is extremely weak compared to Nanoha, then be so. I have a taste for originality.

Last edited by Klashikari; 2008-11-20 at 12:41. Reason: Don't ever ask this kind of question here
alyxenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-18, 20:15   Link #327
aolas
King Of The Night Sky
*Graphic Designer

hey hey i donwloaded the patch yesterday, but after i copied/installed the patch the game wont start n there's an erroe message like this:

Spoiler for error msg:
aolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-18, 20:30   Link #328
alyxenace
♫Wings of Fallen Angel♫

Quote:
Originally Posted by aolas View Post
hey hey i donwloaded the patch yesterday, but after i copied/installed the patch the game wont start n there's an erroe message like this:

Spoiler for error msg:
Likely that you're missing a file. Double check to see if you have all files.
Old 2008-11-18, 22:33   Link #329
P.G.
Rated P.G. Superstar

Send a message via MSN to P.G.
new art eh~

naooohhhhh~!!!! Can't wait again for their new patch/expansion. same as for fate unli/codes. >.<

I'll be sure to kick some of my friends ass in MBA ~lol

edited:
omg guess I've been so slow eh~ NVM

Last edited by P.G.; 2008-11-19 at 01:56.
P.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-18, 23:38   Link #330
Nei Tsukishime

Send a message via ICQ to Nei Tsukishime Send a message via MSN to Nei Tsukishime
I already posted it one page earlier -_-
Nei Tsukishime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-19, 00:41   Link #331
alyxenace
♫Wings of Fallen Angel♫

I'm just more excited to see Vita but let's see how this goes. XP
Old 2008-11-19, 00:54   Link #332
Utau
Butler mitai~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Utau
Quote:
Originally Posted by aolas View Post

Spoiler for error msg:
your install directory is unreadable. Make sure that when you install the game you re write the folder name where you want you game to be stored, for example;

D:\Program Files\Marshmallow\MBA\

my machine can read japanese just fine so it doesn;t matter if i have the directory set in japanese or english. I suggest fixing your folder name and the shortcut on your desktop if you don't want to uninstall and reinstall again.

Last edited by Klashikari; 2008-11-20 at 12:42. Reason: let's skip this part
Utau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-19, 01:41   Link #333
alyxenace
♫Wings of Fallen Angel♫

And also, a quick question... do you guys know the lyrics for the OP of the Magical Battle Arena? Just wondering XP

Last edited by Klashikari; 2008-11-20 at 12:42. Reason: that's nothing to be proud of
Old 2008-11-19, 19:39   Link #334
MuzikalNotes
Amry-chan, mii~

Well, there was a subbed opening video, but it's now deleted, so ;_;. Just for extra info, though, the opening song is Ao no Senritsu/Blue Melody by Souwer. The full version of both the opening and the ending and their instrumental versions is on Doujinstyle.
MuzikalNotes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-19, 20:09   Link #335
alyxenace
♫Wings of Fallen Angel♫

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuzikalNotes View Post
Well, there was a subbed opening video, but it's now deleted, so ;_;. Just for extra info, though, the opening song is Ao no Senritsu/Blue Melody by Souwer. The full version of both the opening and the ending and their instrumental versions is on Doujinstyle.
Thankies for the info!

Ugh. I gave up on finding it; there is none. Therefore, i'm going to make one myself XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by P.G. View Post
new art eh~

naooohhhhh~!!!! Can't wait again for their new patch/expansion. same as for fate unli/codes. >.<

I'll be sure to kick some of my friends ass in MBA ~lol

edited:
omg guess I've been so slow eh~ NVM
lol haha. good luck to you; kick their "asses."
Channel Name: #BulletBuster @ Rizon

Last edited by alyxenace; 2009-07-09 at 19:42.
Old 2008-11-20, 12:31   Link #336
Nei Tsukishime

Send a message via ICQ to Nei Tsukishime Send a message via MSN to Nei Tsukishime
Oh yeah, we rock =3
Old 2008-11-22, 20:38   Link #337
alyxenace
♫Wings of Fallen Angel♫

This thread became empty XD how are you all's?

oh yeah, feel free to add me on MSN or AIM, although i don't use AIM much.
Old 2008-11-22, 23:54   Link #338
Nei Tsukishime

I'll post&update here the moment I see update on the game site XD
Old 2008-11-23, 01:42   Link #339
Aaron008R

Speaking of updates... >=3

Yagami Hayate

Sample Voice

Long-Range Attack Type

Main Weapon: Schwertkreuz/Book of Darkness
Charge+Melee: Atem des Eises (Breath of Ice)
Spoiler for pic:

Charge+Ranged: Hręsvelgr (Corpse Swallower)
Spoiler for pic:

Charge+Shield: Mistilteinn (Mysteltainn?)
Magic Burst 1: Diabolic Emission
Magic Burst 2: Triple Breaker

:3 :3 :3

Yep... Your eyes are not deceiving you. The attack list incorporates the spells shown from A's to StrikerS. And her most powerful attack is apparently just like that in final battle in A's episode 12, where Nanoha, Fate and Hayate combo's Starlight Breaker, Plasma Zamber Breaker and Ragnarok Breaker at the same time!!!

GAWD, this is so good that my head is spinning!!!

Oh man, I am so going to LOVE using Hayate when the patch comes!!!

More power to Fly-System!!! XD XD XD

OC Profiles
Yagami Hayate: ver. GenerationS; Part 1, Part 2

Last edited by Aaron008R; 2008-11-25 at 22:27.
Aaron008R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-23, 01:48   Link #340
krisslanza
Sleep beneath the flowers

The Charge+Shield is Mistellien or something yeah
The one Hayate used against the rampaging Program before the ensuing massive firepower of death. Turned the target to stone.

*Drags Aaron away before he explodes from Hayate overload*