AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > My HiME / My Otome

Notices

Old 2008-10-31, 19:56   Link #3621
Brandt
And Beyond

Along with the new updates on the official website (wallpaper for Sakura is also out), here's a cover and back of the OST. Granted, the score has been "okay" at best, at least for me, but I think it'll be worth checking out.

P.S. I can't help but chuckle at the back cover.

Brandt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-31, 20:31   Link #3622
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandt View Post
Along with the new updates on the official website (wallpaper for Sakura is also out), here's a cover and back of the OST. Granted, the score has been "okay" at best, at least for me,
Yeah, the OST was not exactly the greatest composition I've came across, and why they did not retain Kajiura as the composer a mystery to me. She may not be the best composer out there (I prefer Kanno), but I do appreciate her unique style, and her score corresponded well to the TV series.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-02, 10:47   Link #3623
Bananoha
♨(ゝω・)v

-ninjas out-

…少し…頭冷やそうか…?
Bananoha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-03, 14:02   Link #3624
Spiritovod

Spiritovod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-03, 15:11   Link #3625
Atlantis_Lux
Nightingale

Some pix me of me and my friends cosplaying the characters of Mai Otome last Sunday.
Spoiler for cosplay:
Atlantis_Lux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-03, 22:15   Link #3626
gashunum

Are all the otome character cosplayer female ?

Anyway, theyre great
gashunum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-04, 07:02   Link #3627
Atlantis_Lux
Nightingale

Thank you! And yes, all the girls were girls ^_^
Old 2008-11-04, 22:11   Link #3628
Plasma777

Heh, nice job by Tomoe.
Plasma777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-04, 23:16   Link #3629
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plasma777 View Post
Heh, nice job by Tomoe.
That scene still gives me the creeps

I have no idea how Shizuru put up with that.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2008-11-05, 22:30   Link #3630
Plasma777

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
That scene still gives me the creeps

I have no idea how Shizuru put up with that.

- Tak
No comment... <_<
Plasma777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-16, 19:53   Link #3631
rena-zwei
THE ABYSS IS BACK
*Artist

Send a message via MSN to rena-zwei Send a message via Yahoo to rena-zwei
coming on 2 nov.21 on friday

Spoiler for mai-otome sifr 0 3:
http://www.my-zhime.net/event/img/1920x1200.jpg

Last edited by rena-zwei; 2008-11-16 at 20:18. Reason: add stuff
rena-zwei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-22, 13:28   Link #3632
rena-zwei
THE ABYSS IS BACK
*Artist

Send a message via MSN to rena-zwei Send a message via Yahoo to rena-zwei
it's out mai-otome sifr-0 3 on you tube
Spoiler for sifr and rena:
rena-zwei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-22, 14:36   Link #3633
kikyo4ever

Okay, I have never watched this anime and I know I will never since there's no Shiznat. Don't Sunrise want to make money?? It doesn't seem popular to me at all unlike Otome/Hime.

So,is the timeline of this anime before to Otome?
The woman who dressed similar to Viola and has the same hair color and eyes-- I wonder if she is related to the Viola family? It's too much look alike not too.
kikyo4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-22, 15:10   Link #3634
Brandt
And Beyond

Quote:
Originally Posted by kikyo4ever View Post
Okay, I have never watched this anime and I know I will never since there's no Shiznat. Don't Sunrise want to make money?? It doesn't seem popular to me at all unlike Otome/Hime.

So,is the timeline of this anime before to Otome?
The woman who dressed similar to Viola and has the same hair color and eyes-- I wonder if she is related to the Viola family? It's too much look alike not too.
That's a pretty narrow view. Open your eyes, mate. Sunrise does want to make money and, given how this franchise (I guess that term can apply to HiME/Otome) continues to grow, they've been quite successful. I don't want to knock on any Shizuru/Natsuki fans, but those two are not central players in the Otome universe.

That being said, My-Otome S.ifr takes place before the series. The story is focused on Rena Sayers (Arika's mother), who makes for a far more interesting character than her daughter. The Otome wearing Shizuru's robe is not related to Shizuru. She is Una Shamrock, then-Headmistress of Garderobe.
Brandt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-22, 15:51   Link #3635
Tak

Quote:
That being said, My-Otome S.ifr takes place before the series. The story is focused on Rena Sayers (Arika's mother), who makes for a far more interesting character than her daughter. The Otome wearing Shizuru's robe is not related to Shizuru. She is Una Shamrock, then-Headmistress of Garderobe.
Aw, you are not giving Arika enough credit. I know some people find her annoying, and I can understand why, but I liked her character. She was positive, works hard and although she stumbled, she picked herself up and marched on. Its her hard-working ethnics that I like, and I appreciate greatly her positive outlook on life in general.

Although Rena is certainly a good character, three episodes is not enough for me to make a thorough connection with her.

- Tak

Old 2008-11-22, 16:35   Link #3636
Atlantis_Lux
Nightingale

Quote:
Sunrise does want to make money and, given how this franchise (I guess that term can apply to HiME/Otome) continues to grow, they've been quite successful.
Very successful, considering what a friend of mine who's living in Japan told me. But it's expected, since Sifr has great characters, it's vividly animated, and whose moments of fan service do not detract from the OAV's overall good story. Unlike Otome Zwei...
If only they made an anime out of this

Now, a couple of pix I found here about Sakura-Hime and her Master. I put them under spoiler for those who have yet to watch Sifr.

Spoiler for Relations?:
Old 2008-11-23, 01:43   Link #3637
Sikon
この世界は腐っている!

Arika is annoying from the start (and I think it was intentional), but like Mashiro, she evolves into a significantly more likeable type over the series. I say that as someone who initially hated Arika but has grown to admire her.

The main problem with Arika, in my opinion, is the underlying Broken Aesop. She succeeds in her quest to become an Otome not because of the purity of her dream, but because she's the daughter of Lena Sayers and so the authorities are willing to bend the rules for her (not to mention she has much less trouble figuring out "how to shot web" due to her inherited affinity for Otomehood).
Sikon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-25, 14:03   Link #3638
Ilpalazzo

i found this Mai-Hime on 360 avatar

Ilpalazzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-25, 14:47   Link #3639
DeFi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara.Gallagher.otome View Post
Dose anyone now what happend to myhime.de/myotome.de
Yes I do. Unfortunately my websites are down, because both domains were kidnapped by a domaingrabber. And theres no way getting them back without paying a lot of money.
DeFi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-28, 00:27   Link #3640
Sara.Gallagher.otome
HIME OTOME

Location: LOOK AT MY ART AT http://akira-okuzaki.deviantart.com/
hope you get it fixed

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeFi View Post
Yes I do. Unfortunately my websites are down, because both domains were kidnapped by a domaingrabber. And theres no way getting them back without paying a lot of money.
so you owne the sites they are cool sites i hope you get tham fixed if you need help i could go and ask some of my friends that disigh thare one sites for ther comics and ther owne blog to help you if they can and who ever did that to you'r site is jast a hater but i really do hope you can fix it
Sara.Gallagher.otome is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
images