Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2008-11-12, 03:23   Link #21
problemedchild
ô_ô

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Kh- View Post
Well, actually I don't know if it has dual audio.

I'm about to receive IU, might be coming today in the mail or later this week. So it doesn't have DA? That's a shame, I liked how Lost Odyssey does have it.
I would KILL to have Lost Odyssey's quad audio streams. IU's dub is one of the chief reasons why I actually put the game down, I simply couldn't stand the twins.

Hopefully I'll find the will to play the game again.....
problemedchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-12, 03:27   Link #22
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

99.99% sure this won't have dual audio. None of S-E's North American games to my knowledge ever had dual audio, and I don't see any indication they will start now.

Still, having JYB as Rushe is a good indication that they actually tried with the dub this time around. In IU, it sounds and looks like they went back to their PSX days of crappy dubbing, but I'm much more hopeful here. Seems almost like all the budget for dubbing in IU was reallocated here, from what little I've heard from the 10 videos over at the official site.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-12, 03:28   Link #23
-Kh-
ポルカ

I'll check IU later, but you know after playing FFX with Wakka and Tidus, everything else is passable.
-Kh- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-14, 00:22   Link #24
problemedchild
ô_ô

Game Informer was not very kind to the game needless to say. It earned a 7 and a 6 out of 10. I would of course take a its review with a grain of salt, but meh.......
problemedchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-15, 01:14   Link #25
Iron Maw
Banned

I haven't cared about a GI review in quite a long time as they are usually pretty far my own tastes. I' suggest waiting for IGN/1UP/Gamespot trio to chime in on their view.

Anyway more Media has shown up:

RPGamer > Impression - The Last Remnant

IGN Video: The Last Remnant Xbox 360 Preview - Video Preview
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-15, 07:12   Link #26
Corn
Gotta kill 'em all!

FFX and FXII was of unusually high quality in voice acting.(Van and Tidus, can be discussed though).

Here is hoping that this game will have aswell. I am excited about this game. I hope really it can be a solid alternative to FF, a serious story driven RPG franchise, that could get alot of succes in the west.

Tales of Vesperia for 360 looks like a stellar game. I sooooooo would like to play it, aswell.
Corn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-15, 15:49   Link #27
-Kh-
ポルカ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corn View Post
FFX and FXII was of unusually high quality in voice acting.(Van and Tidus, can be discussed though).

Here is hoping that this game will have aswell. I am excited about this game. I hope really it can be a solid alternative to FF, a serious story driven RPG franchise, that could get alot of succes in the west.

You know that the differences between FFX/XII and TLR are of many million dolars right?

The status quo of a series like Final Fantasy cannot be compared with a not-that-special game as TLR. I don't want to belittle the game, but it clearly isn't a high budget game, and it is a game made to be just above average, with not high expectations and rather low hype.

So really don't expect too much out of it, it is better to keep expectations down so the experience will be better.

Anyway, the high point of this title is its gameplay, and I don't think it will be a story-driven experience nor it will be an alternative to Final Fantasy because, well, it is very different to any FF game and the only thing it has in common with FF is the developers, but SE is much more than just FF.
Old 2008-11-19, 11:48   Link #28
Iron Maw
Banned

Here's an impression from someone who has the game on GameFAQs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by o1original
This game is amazing, sure it’s got a few technical mishaps here and there but if you are into RPG’s and are a fan of Square’s work then I would defiantly pick this up.

The battle system
At 1st I found it rather confusing but soon realised that it just treats the unions as if they are all one character when it comes to assigning commands.

If you press X whilst navigating through the commands you can see what actions the different units in the union will do, so in essence it just streamlines the process instead of having to select commands on a unit level which would take a while considering the amount of units in battle.

There are some niggling frame rate issues but in all honesty they don’t seem that bad once you get into the flow of the game.

The QTE are a great addition as they give you some interaction whilst the fight plays out, though it seems that the timing of the button press differs depending on the reflexes of the unit. Also they seem to be chainable i.e. if you manage to pull one off the other units in your union seem to have the chance for QTE as well.

The moral bar basically effects what attacks or actions you can use. For instance when moral is at its highest Rush’s “limit bleakish” move becomes selectable.

Just as a side note the screen never seems static. Characters are always moving and jostling for position even when you are selecting actions you can see then trying to fight the enemy.

The team said they wanted to give the feeling of Epic battles involving many characters and IMO they have succeeded. I’m in love.

The music is just EPIC. I mean from towns to battles it just conveys the mood of an epic tale.

Well I’m only about 1.5 hours in so I cant really comment on this much but the voice acting is quite good and so far I feel quite attached to the characters and there personality’s. Emma is just bad ass, can’t wait to see how it all plays out

All of this is only my opinion of course, and bearing in mind that I enjoy the older school RPG’s and do not really like games like Tales as I find the battles make me do to much. I prefer to select and then watch it all unfold and for me this game just nails it on the head

Last edited by Iron Maw; 2008-11-19 at 12:16.
Old 2008-11-19, 16:33   Link #29
SkoolRumble4Ya

Man I want this game but I have to wait for the ps3 version.
SkoolRumble4Ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-22, 11:33   Link #30
Iron Maw
Banned

Gamespot gave the game a 6.5/10, but the review text doesn't match the score at all:

The Last Remnant for Xbox 360 Review - Xbox 360 The Last Remnant Review
Old 2008-11-22, 13:21   Link #31
Varion
殲滅天使

Send a message via AIM to Varion Send a message via MSN to Varion
Haven't known entirely what to make of this since it was first announced, but after some intense mental debating I finally decided to pick it up yesterday. Somehow they still had the Trailer Collections DVD in stock despite it supposedly only being a preorder extra, heh.

Only about 3 or so hours in, but I'm really enjoying it so far. Yes, there is slowdown, but it's nowhere near as bad as people would have you believe and has only happened at all in a minority of battles, really, though I'm playing with it installed to the hard drive. Likewise load times are really short and despite them displaying bits of game information to keep you occupied I rarely have a chance to read all the text before the loading is done. Texture popup is annoying, however, but it's far from a gamebreaker. As far as gameplay goes, I'm tired of turn based battle systems in general, yet I'm enjoying this one. The scale helps a lot, I think, as does the simple 'give one command, then enjoy watching everything play out while giving timed input' system. It's fun to see how many enemies you can get in one battle using the timeshift system and watch the mayhem unfold afterwards too . The story and characters are serviceable, though not exceptional - it's not boring to watch it unfold, but it's not exactly gripping, either. The music is fantastic, Tsuyoshi Sekito has long been one of Square-Enix's best composers as far as I'm concerned and he's done another fantastic job here. Must've heard at least 5 different tracks play in battle already.

So yeah, while it's not exactly going to be the best game ever, or the best RPG this generation, or anything like that, if this is what I can expect from the rest of the game it'll be a solid one that I won't regret purchasing.
Varion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-22, 16:46   Link #32
-Kh-
ポルカ

I got the game, it sucks to be played on a SDTV, so I'm not playing it until next week when I'm buying a HDTV.
Old 2008-11-23, 03:44   Link #33
Socko

I play on my computer monitor so I have no problems reading text. I don't plan on getting this mediocre RPG anytime soon. I just bought Tales of Vesperia and I plan on getting Persona 4 next.
Socko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-23, 19:34   Link #34
kaisama

this game is mediocre at best but watching those fanboys on gamefaqs when their's games aren't receive score they want never get old lol
kaisama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-23, 19:47   Link #35
rg4619

The game is pretty fun so far. IMO, all that cut-scene work is kinda wasted on this story, but it's all about the battles anyway.
rg4619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-24, 01:13   Link #36
Iron Maw
Banned

Game Trailers has just put up it's review which by far the best I've seen and read for TLR. It's pretty fair to game.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/43106.html

Story: 8.2
Design: 8.7
Gameplay: 8.5
Presentation: 7.0

Total: 8.0

Quote:
The Last Remnant is a hard game to judge. A person's enjoyment of it will be directly related to how much they can tolerate the persistent graphical issues. If you can get past it, there's a lot to enjoy. The smart design decisions and its unique battle system.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Socko View Post
I play on my computer monitor so I have no problems reading text. I don't plan on getting this mediocre RPG anytime soon. I just bought Tales of Vesperia and I plan on getting Persona 4 next.
That's funny because on many other Forums, I've heard this game being called one of 360 best RPGs by people who have played.
Old 2008-11-24, 01:42   Link #37
kujoe
from head to heel

Hmmm. The reviews look rather mixed. Actually, I kind of expected this. Those videos from before didn't exactly scream "I want this" to me.

With other titles on the horizon to possibly consider, I'd rather wait to see how the PS3 version turns out before making a decision.

Just curious. Has a direct comparison been made between disc only vs. installed?
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-24, 04:03   Link #38
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
That's funny because on many other Forums, I've heard this game being called one of 360 best RPGs by people who have played.
if this is one of the best in 360, then xbox is in trouble
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-24, 05:18   Link #39
Crimrui
Hollow

Send a message via Yahoo to Crimrui
I'm a bit skeptic into getting this game. I was not pleased with Infinite Undescovery so I'm not sure should I pick this one. Graphic is a minor setback for me, almost irrelevant if thats the case, so the only thing it interests me is the story, characters and gameplay.

I haven't seen much of variety in the battle on the trailers. So far I saw only attack commands. Are there any magic usage or special attacks?
Old 2008-11-24, 14:52   Link #40
rg4619

Quote:
I haven't seen much of variety in the battle on the trailers. So far I saw only attack commands. Are there any magic usage or special attacks?
Every turn, you pick a general strategy for each union, such as Attack, Attack with Combat Arts, Attack with Mystic Arts, or Heal. Within battle, you don't micromanage characters the same way as a typical RPG, but magic and special attacks certainly exist.

Quote:
Graphic is a minor setback for me, almost irrelevant if thats the case, so the only thing it interests me is the story, characters and gameplay.
I'm still early in the game, so the options are just opening up. However, there's an excellent system here with plenty of customization, as well as a strategic design that blows away most RPGs. Difficulty is still fairly easy, but the game apparently gets much harder once large-scale battles kick in.

As I mentioned before, story is a wash. World and plot are serviceable enough (if rather cliche/silly/illogical), but they won't impress anyone. They do the job of taking the player from one point in the game to the next.

Overall, The Last Remnant is both polished and unpolished. While the graphical aspect is rough, tons of care went into fine-tuning interfaces and balancing battles. The team clearly took the game through a lengthy tweaking phase, so it's a shame that they never solved some fundamental engine issues.

With many games, it's the other way around, with teams polishing the production values but rushing design implementation.
rg4619 is offline   Reply With Quote