AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-12-11, 20:11   Link #881
frivolity
My posts are frivolous

It's possible that Junichi's father wanted to see him and Minato to tell them that they aren't siblings. In that case, Jun/Minato could happen.

I'm still hoping for Juuhi though
frivolity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-11, 20:15   Link #882
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

haha well I never expected much from this show so never expected anything great from its ending but I still enjoy the show

altho I'm stil hoping for a JunXMina-chwan ending, whatever they decide to throw at us I would be happy

and I mean anything, if it turned out JunXhis-somewhat-gay-friend I would be happy still. It would certainly be something different
Old 2008-12-11, 20:30   Link #883
Beo
where's the snow?

Sort of odd from the fathers point of view for the Jun/Minato match if he made the engagement with Yuuhi.
Beo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-12, 00:16   Link #884
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by HashiriyaR32 View Post
I'm still clueless as to whether or not that's true. I've been getting CONTRADICTORY answers about that.
It's not really that contradictory (though it is confusing). In the original PC game, they seem to indicate that they are, in fact, blood-related. In the anime, though, they strongly hint that this may not be the case, but they haven't flat-out said anything one way or the other yet (and, in the end, they may just leave it to the viewers to decide). The anime is an original story using the same characters, so this may very well be something they decided to change for a number of reasons.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-12, 00:28   Link #885
FateAnomaly

I don't like Yuuhi type of character but i still support Jun and Yuuhi merely because they got together first. I think Jun have the responsibilty to stay true to Yuuhi. Also, i absolutely hate those type where they help to put a couple together then decide that they like the guy too and end up going with the guy (ala kimikiss).
FateAnomaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-12, 02:15   Link #886
cynicalicious
I like pie.

The Minato plotline is just creepy as all hell. That incest has become a tired, worn-out trope in some anime series is just sad. Doesn't matter if she's adopted or not, it's still creepy as all hell. It was creepy in Da Capo, it's still creepy here. There are certain boundaries that were not meant to be crossed. It totally screws people up long-term.

If you're dating someone, and their sibling has an obvious crush on them, you may walk away, but not to "cheer them on," you walk away because if you start running right away, you might trip and fall and somehow get entangled in that kind of mess. Seriously, that's the kind of crap that belongs on Jerry Springer and Maury Povich.

If they go the Minato route after all the trouble they went to to set up the whole plotline with Yuuhi to begin with, it will just feel like a total cop-out. (And it'll feel like Canvas ... 2, was it? With that sudden WTF? ending.)

The series started kind of cute, but yeesh, it's limping across the finish line.
cynicalicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-12, 02:30   Link #887
ani_d

Well, as you can see, YuuhixJun's relationship has had more focus than MinatoxJun so I say he'll most likely end up with Yuuhi unless we get the dreadful harem ending again. x_x I hope hope not. I enjoy watching Yuuhi and Jun together. Plus, I have this thing with first impressions
Old 2008-12-12, 03:02   Link #888
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynicalicious View Post
The Minato plotline is just creepy as all hell. That incest has become a tired, worn-out trope in some anime series is just sad. Doesn't matter if she's adopted or not, it's still creepy as all hell. It was creepy in Da Capo, it's still creepy here. There are certain boundaries that were not meant to be crossed. It totally screws people up long-term.

If you're dating someone, and their sibling has an obvious crush on them, you may walk away, but not to "cheer them on," you walk away because if you start running right away, you might trip and fall and somehow get entangled in that kind of mess. Seriously, that's the kind of crap that belongs on Jerry Springer and Maury Povich.
I don't know... I personally don't read that much into it. They're fictional characters in an obviously fictional situation, so I don't think it's that creepy. And besides, their relationship is really nothing like actual siblings to begin with. It's like they're siblings in name only (and that may in fact be the case!). I think you have to extrapolate an awful lot to truly feel creeped out by it in the "real life" sense.

Quote:
If they go the Minato route after all the trouble they went to to set up the whole plotline with Yuuhi to begin with, it will just feel like a total cop-out. (And it'll feel like Canvas ... 2, was it? With that sudden WTF? ending.)
Now I'm starting to hope they do go there just so we can have that conversation all over again. All I'll say is that the fact that Junichi has feelings for Minato should come as no surprise to anyone. That being said, I would agree that the central plot of the story is about Yuuhi.
Old 2008-12-12, 04:43   Link #889
RedFrame
A talking white tiger :O
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Yahoo to RedFrame
for what reason i stay watching this episode.... certainly because it was focusing on yuuhi >_>
now that it turn turn only to be turn around minato.... sigh

RedFrame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-12, 06:53   Link #890
Peanutbutter

Ep 11 has topped Ep 10 in terms of brillance, however ridiculous the whole thing was.

Spoiler for Ep 11:

Is Ep 12 or Ep 13 the last episode?

Last edited by Peanutbutter; 2008-12-12 at 07:10.
Peanutbutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-12, 07:07   Link #891
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_d View Post
unless we get the dreadful harem ending again. x_x
It's going to be a Macross Frontier style ending and you know it! But really what Tatiana Razajev said is going to happen, obvious ending is obvious.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-12, 10:44   Link #892
Tatiana Razajev
Karen

Send a message via AIM to Tatiana Razajev
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
But really what Tatiana Razajev said is going to happen, obvious ending is obvious.
To give essentially an expanded version of what I said earlier, I'll repeat what I said at another forum. My reasoning for why some should not give up hope yet. Also it indicates as to why I feel Yuuhi is the better choice from a story standpoint.

Yes in a sense the Yuuhi ending would be cliche, but guess what? Boiling Water is cliche. Yet it's still the best way for me to cook certain items. Yes I am the master of bad analogies. In any case here goes nothing and note it's a response to someone else. However most of it will work well here.

Spoiler for 11:
Old 2008-12-12, 11:44   Link #893
frivolity
My posts are frivolous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatiana Razajev View Post
Yes in a sense the Yuuhi ending would be cliche, but guess what? Boiling Water is cliche. Yet it's still the best way for me to cook certain items. Yes I am the master of bad analogies.

I pretty much agree with your post, but that part totally made my day!!

frivolity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-12, 12:07   Link #894
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatiana Razajev View Post
Spoiler for 11:
So, in other words:
Spoiler for Speculative ending:
It might seem like I'm being snarky, but I actually think it'd be a fine ending in this case. It'd definitely make sense.
Old 2008-12-12, 13:14   Link #895
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag

I agree with above's ending....I can also accept an orgy ending
Spring 2011 Impressions (part2)
Game8910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-12, 16:24   Link #896
Westlo
Lets be reality

Spoiler for speculative ending:
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-12, 17:51   Link #897
Tatiana Razajev
Karen

Send a message via AIM to Tatiana Razajev
Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
So, in other words:
Spoiler for Speculative ending:
It might seem like I'm being snarky, but I actually think it'd be a fine ending in this case. It'd definitely make sense.
That's one very plausible scenario and very likely to happen. Expected, but at the same time fitting in the context of the story presented so far. Especially since while I like the series, I can't exactly call it ground breaking. Then again if given a choice between the two, I'll choose enjoyment.

Still watching shows like this, I've come to learn one thing in regards to the so called question. It's not a case of finding out who the guy will choose. Rather it's a case of finding out why he ultimately chooses her. If I look at it from that angle it puts a lot of shows in a different perspective.
Old 2008-12-12, 17:59   Link #898
MaiHikari

Quote:
Ya. If it wasn't a fiction, both Minato and Jun need some serious psychology. Just like having a stalker in Anime is funny, but in real life requires a restraining order filed at the court house. There are many incidences where normal people grow obsessed with something, go crazy, and started shooting other people.
MaiHikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-12, 18:04   Link #899
envyitachi89

The best case scenario for me is Junichi chasing after Yuuhi and them living happily ever after and Minato falling for someone else.
Worst case scenario is the School Days ending...... 'shiver', I really don't want to see Minato or Yuuhi snapping and killing each other or Junichi.
envyitachi89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-12, 18:08   Link #900
tun
lolwut
*Fansubber

oh god if there's no wincest ending after what I just saw in episode 11, i'm gonna kill someone

Tags
comedy, eroge, harem, romance, seinen