AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-12-19, 19:20   Link #361
Jaime Kordek

I've only seen the first PD from R2, and none of the other supplementals after season 1, and you're right, yvj, Suzaku could move on, but I think it would be much harder for him. I don't think anything is impossible here, I just think the odds are different.

I'd bet a post-season PD would follow Suzaku, Kallen, or CC. But that's not really much of a gamble there.
Old 2008-12-19, 20:51   Link #362
gaoyuanyuan1

i think it is Lelouch x harem. After all, he is son of Charles zi Britannia who has 108 wives, and he himself has the qualities of an Emperor. Too bad that Suzaku took Euphemia.
Old 2008-12-19, 20:58   Link #363
Haku-Men
Banned

Location: depths of Kagutsuchi where the Sheol Gate is located
Quote:
Originally Posted by gaoyuanyuan1 View Post
i think it is Lelouch x harem. After all, he is son of Charles zi Britannia who has 108 wives, and he himself has the qualities of an Emperor. Too bad that Suzaku took Euphemia.
What?
Old 2008-12-19, 21:36   Link #364
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahakala View Post
What?
What, you hadn't heard about that tidbit? Charles had 108 wives. Similarly, Sayoko hooked Lelouch up with 108 women before the Cupid's Day event.
Old 2008-12-19, 21:48   Link #365
Jaime Kordek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
What, you hadn't heard about that tidbit? Charles had 108 wives. Similarly, Sayoko hooked Lelouch up with 108 women before the Cupid's Day event.
Yeah, It's a Buddhism thing, Humans face 108 Temptations, that ties them to the cycle of reincarnation, and must be avoided to reach Nirvana.

Hindu deities also have 108 names.
Old 2008-12-20, 00:47   Link #366
Nobodyman9
Banned

Damn. I leave for 18 hours, and you guys come up with 7 pages worth of material? Making up for lost time eh? Well, did I miss anything important?
Old 2008-12-20, 07:28   Link #367
AceFlashheart

Quote:
Originally Posted by yvj View Post
I agree with this ultimately as I said it's 55-45 with me on whether Kallen will be in a serious relationship in the future. 55 being no.

But I think if you can see Kallen moving on from a lost love but you don't consider the same for Suzaku.

There's a double standard talking.
It's not so much.

Karen gets to live a normal life, with lots of nice boys to meet.

Suzaku has to wear a mask for a rest of his life.

Who has the greater chance of meeting someone they are interested in?

It's also about attitude. Karen has no reason to be ashamed of her actions during CG, so no need to punish herself (ending shows her pursuing her life's goals).

Suzaku? Emo kid is emo.

I'm not sure about Nunnally x Suzaku. It was never made clear if Nunnally really had a thing for him or not. But I guess I feel more confident about it after turn 24 where Nunnally shows that she's not all cuteness and smiles.

Honestly she probably needs some conforting... as she is essentially CG's version of Job.
Old 2008-12-20, 07:34   Link #368
Eliarine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaime Kordek View Post
Suzaku could move on, but I think it would be much harder for him. I don't think anything is impossible here, I just think the odds are different.
I'm going to have to agree, if only for the fact that Suzaku has convinced himself to live in punishment, wear a mask "forever" and have limited interaction with anyone other than Nunally. Batman has Bruce Wayne; Suzaku as Suzaku Kururugi is dead. Alright, Nunally is there, but I'm with Nogi on that one, they're probably like family to each other. Kallen lives pretty much normally from what we saw. Leaving their "moving on" possibilities and motivations aside, this only is reason enough to say the situation is way different.

In fact, the number one person I could see Suzaku moving on with is probably Kallen. I could see the two of them sharing their Lelouch-related emotional wounds somewhere private where Suzaku can take off the mask to breathe and not turn crazier than he already is~

EDIT: hey there AceFlashheart, you beat me to it xD
Old 2008-12-20, 08:33   Link #369
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
kallen could also potentially move on to suzaku for a simple reason (where as other guys are kinda harder)
we all keep saying that she would likely be compereing any other guy she meets to lelouch
suzaku is so far removed from lelouch that any comperasion is pointless (they are completely opposite of each other)
and as ep 25 shows suzaku has already proved himself as worthy of kallen's respect (they are pretty much equal in terms of both skill and ideals)
assuming that she could put their past behind her (with the refrain thing probably being the biggest problem) they could end up with him
they have many things in common when you think of it and both have had their lives effected completely by lelouch.

and dont forget that suzaku's list of options at this point (if he does move on) is pretty much limited to nunnaly and kallen
and while nunnaly is closer to him on a day to day they have been this close for a long time before and nothing happened (most of season 2)
i would say that if kallen would compere any new guy to lelouch then suzaku would likely do the same thing with euphie
and nunnaly is TOO MUCH like euphie
kallen on the other hand is far to different to be compered with her (while being one of the few who understands the true tragedy behind her death
most of the world either forgot her or remembers her as the massacre princess (probably more the former after ZERO-R)
and the OOBK think lelouch used her intentonally
kallen is one of the only people who know the truth about it so she can understand it better then anyone else
she is also inceidently the first person he ever actually TOLD about killing his father (lelouch heard from mao)
and he knows that she fought to give her brothers death a meaning (she told him)

and its the same deal with suzaku views of her
he knows kallen is an equal to him in many terms (they have been show juxtaposed many times in the show)
so he doesnt need to mesure her against euphie and he already respects her as an equal
if he could move on with anyone she is probably a very good bet (not that there are many choices mind you)

i dont know if the will (or expect them to) hook up later on
suzaku's "state" is not one that allows for a traditional relationship with dates and movies and long walks on the beach
but then again kallen is not exactly a traditional girl either (her relationship with lelouch is almost exclusively related to a battlefield interaction)
so i could see the two of them developing a non-traditional relationship in the future
its not exactly 50/50 that they will
but its more likely then any other potenatial for either of them
Old 2008-12-20, 10:32   Link #370
yvj
U Mad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliarine View Post
I'm going to have to agree, if only for the fact that Suzaku has convinced himself to live in punishment, wear a mask "forever" and have limited interaction with anyone other than Nunally. Batman has Bruce Wayne; Suzaku as Suzaku Kururugi is dead. Alright, Nunally is there, but I'm with Nogi on that one, they're probably like family to each other. Kallen lives pretty much normally from what we saw. Leaving their "moving on" possibilities and motivations aside, this only is reason enough to say the situation is way different.
The fact there is at least two different people (Nunnaly and Kallen herself) who some can argue have a high probability of potentially succeeding in breaking Suzaku's mask shows that the odds are not to the extremes people are putting them in.

I agree his limited interactions make it harder for him. But their situations are not way different. Their situations are in different states not different planets.

I think my thought pattern diverges with some people in the point that Kallen "living normally" is a catalyst to her finding someone. My thing is if she's happily living for the lack of a better phrase "like a nun." Then it makes no difference at all. And while the motivation is different to someone who is keeping himself always from happiness. The outcome is the same. They're both living for something in their past. And if Suzaku and Kallen pick these paths to walk on as we've seen from the show it'll be hard to break them off that path.

Now again it's all ridiculous speculation in the end since the show is over and the show is what it is unless we're told otherwise.
Old 2008-12-20, 10:51   Link #371
Levy
differently sober

one thing that makes Karen and Suzaku very different in this field, is that, unlike Karen, Suzaku pretty much hates himself and is likely to feel that he do not deserve love and understanding.
He was like this also with Euphie at the beginning, think how worse things must be for him now, after the Freja and after ZR.

These are all indeed just speculations, but I think that people are right in saying that Suzaku, according to his character, he's more prone to eternal loneliness than Karen. That doesn't mean that Karen has to necessary hung with someone, just that Suzaku is probably more stubborn than her in denying any opportunity to anyone to come close to him.
Old 2008-12-20, 11:01   Link #372
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
whether or not suzaku thinks he deserves eternal punishment or not is irelevnt
he just took on a mask that is heavier then anything he could ever imagine
and he is stuck with it for the rest of his life
no hope
no dreams
no future
lelouch wore the mask knowing that he will one day be able to discard it
it was a means to obtain happiness
and at any given time he could just remove it and be himself infront of (at first only) C.C and later kallen

suzaku on the other hand doesnt have that
he has no one who understands how hard it would be to be zero 24/7
and he's stuck with it for the rest of his life
meanwhile everyone around him treats him like ZERO
but the mask doesnt bleed, or feels hurt, or frustration and pain and longing
suzaku might be strong
but he is still human
i kinda think that if someone DOESNT come along and help him out (give him someone to confide in, who he can be himself with)
after a while he might just collapse
Old 2008-12-20, 11:13   Link #373
yvj
U Mad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levy View Post
one thing that makes Karen and Suzaku very different in this field, is that, unlike Karen, Suzaku pretty much hates himself and is likely to feel that he do not deserve love and understanding.
He was like this also with Euphie at the beginning, think how worse things must be for him now, after the Freja and after ZR.

These are all indeed just speculations, but I think that people are right in saying that Suzaku, according to his character, he's more prone to eternal loneliness than Karen. That doesn't mean that Karen has to necessary hung with someone, just that Suzaku is probably more stubborn than her in denying any opportunity to anyone to come close to him.
I'm not saying your false. I'm questioning the magnittude of the difference.

Motivations are different yes, but I think they're still walking on the same road in that they put themselves in a position where they are not open to/willing to/or need to give their heart out again.

Also Blade pointed something out you can argue Suzaku needs it much more than Kallen. But that's a different topic.
Old 2008-12-20, 11:15   Link #374
Levy
differently sober

it's not totally accurate to say that none understands, because Karen and Nunnaly at the very least do. The problem is that we'll never know if Suzaku would ever allow himself to share his feelings with anyone, and in this regard his 'hate' for himself is not irrelevant, I think..

..but you are right in saying that there's a huge risk he might just collapse if left alone.
Old 2008-12-20, 11:16   Link #375
Pink-chan
世界の明日のために

Ok, after scanning through pages. We are there to argue if Kallen will move on. For sure, she is going to realise her dream. She isn't going to forget Lelouch (her first crush). Her romance with Lelouch never started officially. The next random guy she will meet will just have to accept that she had another guy who is irreplaceable in her heart and he has to accept it if they are going to stay together. Kallen will be a great person and her hubby got to be someone great.

As for Suzaku, he is going to keep to his promise. The only person he will confide in will be C.C. if they ever meet again. I don't think he will open up to even Nunnally easily.

Avatar by Sonae. Signature by Airi. Thank you.
Old 2008-12-20, 11:18   Link #376
incorrupts
Banned

Send a message via MSN to incorrupts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink-chan View Post
Ok, after scanning through pages. We are there to argue if Kallen will move on. For sure, she is going to realise her dream. She isn't going to forget Lelouch (her first love).
Fixed for you. Even for technical details, so people won't jump on you.
Old 2008-12-20, 11:22   Link #377
yvj
U Mad?

Quote:
Ok, after scanning through pages. We are there to argue if Kallen will move on. For sure, she is going to realise her dream. She isn't going to forget Lelouch (her first crush). Her romance with Lelouch never started officially. The next random guy she will meet will just have to accept that she had another guy who is irreplaceable in her heart and he has to accept it if they are going to stay together. Kallen will be a great person and her hubby got to be someone great.
I don't have a problem with this

Quote:
As for Suzaku, he is going to keep to his promise. The only person he will confide in will be C.C. if they ever meet again.
Being too involved with Kalulu I never gave much thought to recycling off another character.

But Suzaku X C.C is now relevant to my interest.

Suzaku X C.C anyone?
Old 2008-12-20, 11:24   Link #378
Levy
differently sober

mmh.. although Clamp realy made me think 'wow, cool!' I think I'll pass.
C.C. and Suzaku would quite bore each other, I think XDD

Jokes aside... that's a good question.
It would be interesting to know if they get to see each other after the ZR and wich kind of interaction they might have had.
we might deduce from the ending that CC is gone and she's not seing none involved with Lelouch again, and I partially think that, but maybe we'll know something from the scary last PD in this regard XD
Old 2008-12-20, 11:27   Link #379
yvj
U Mad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levy View Post
mmh.. although Clamp realy made me think 'wow, cool!' no, really.
C.C. and Suzaku would quite bore each other, I think XDD
But they have so much tragedy to talk about.

A match forged in angst.

Plus how can C.C not have some interest in a man who has now dedicated his life to being a symbol for what is likely a very large group of ungrateful people.
Old 2008-12-20, 11:29   Link #380
Pink-chan
世界の明日のために

Suzaku only has C.C. to confide in. And C.C. will definitely do him a favour to talk to him and to leech him for more pizzas . Both of them have each other. It doesn't have to be romance. They are comrades or used to be to be specific. Both of them knows so they will become confidants for each other.

Avatar by Sonae. Signature by Airi. Thank you.
Closed Thread