Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-12-22, 19:18   Link #11601
Ahiru77
あひる

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahiru77 View Post

Whose death setting did you like better???
I meant by my post whose setting did you like better:

R1 = Euphie - killed by Lelouch - had death scene with lover Suzaku.

or

R2 = Shirley - killed by Rolo - had death scene with lover Lelouch.

Euphie and shirley had an alike setting so whose did you find more touching??

Personally i think Euphies had the best one...cause shirley's looked so silly...R2 was crazy XD

Last edited by Ahiru77; 2008-12-23 at 04:00.
Ahiru77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-22, 19:19   Link #11602
Pixy
mhhhh... brains.... x)~~

I actually cried for Euphi, while I just feel sad for Shirley u,u

more angst and feelling on Euphis Death D:! ....
Pixy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-22, 19:24   Link #11603
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Honestly neither of their deaths got to me, but Euphy's was a bit more tragic since they actually had something, while Shirley, bless her heart, was just trying to have something. Not that it's any less hard on Lelouch, of course, but he at least does a better job of getting over it.
Old 2008-12-22, 19:46   Link #11604
Sonae
A l i c e
*Graphic Designer

Shirley's death was sadder for me. Made me cry.

Shirley's death did have more sadness to me because she could have possibly been saved, but she accepted her death, which I find was sad. Lelouch trying to prevent her death was also quite touching. It's just so sad...but maybe I'm biased cause I'm a Lelouch fangirl :\

Euphie's death was touching, but it never made me cry. It is sad though.

But god! You have to feel bad for Shirley's mother. One year she loses her husband. The next, her daughter.
Sonae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-22, 20:12   Link #11605
sparkle_14310
Black King x Red Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akakishi View Post
Rolo's one xD

Fron an inco.'s post:

Seems to be the 2nd

Only one end for Roro: death

(Shirley )

ho and the scene of the
Spoiler for cg:

FTW!§§

and also the 7th my godness!
Hey the one where Lelouch is looking at Kallen what does it say that is the end of?
sparkle_14310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-22, 20:17   Link #11606
sparkle_14310
Black King x Red Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonae View Post
1 = ;_; Saddest moment EVER! Made me cry for like an hour straight. I still cry when I watch it, even though it's been nearly 3 months. Spoiled it (Though I knew from the very first episode of the first season that it would happen)
2 = Made me cry for like 5 minutes straight. Spoiled it (Knew it would happen)
3 = Never made me cry. Ever. Spoiled it.
4 = Made me cry. Spoiled it.
5 = Made me cry.
6 = What? If it's his death. Then no. The F.L.E.I.J.A. incident. Almost.
7 = Not sad. I was happy when they were about to team up though.
8 = I thought it was cute.
9 = Not sad.
10 = Sad. Shed like one tear. Saw it coming.
I agree with everything especially 6 why was his death sad? I mean he wasn't even that great of a character.
sparkle_14310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-22, 20:47   Link #11607
azul120

Quote:
Originally Posted by lv23 View Post
The only reason I wouldn't put Shirley in the top 2 was just because her death was overdone. Is it just me or when Niagara Falls starts it kind of kills the moment? If it wasn't for the overuse of the waterworks it would have been number 1 for me. I like realistic tears. Anyway, for me I go Lelouch-Euphie for the 1-2 punch.
I guess. That said, Shirley's death was sad because of who she was, and the circumstances. She was an innocent who got caught up in Rolo's jealousy at the time, and ironically wanted to protect Lelouch and yet couldn't be saved herself in the end.

Lelouch's death isn't a top 2 for me because it was Exactly As Planned. The only sad part of it was Nunnally's reaction, though that was very moving indeed.
azul120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-22, 21:22   Link #11608
Daril Gukku

I'm gonna have to go with Shirley's death....Euphie was my favorite character, but LuluShirley was my 'ship. Also when Shirley died I thought that was when Lelouch really started going over the edge.

But at the same time I'm glad she died before the Zero Requiem, having to see her beloved Lulu do such terrible things. And as a civilian she wouldn't have been able to be in the same position as Kallen and Nunnally, with all the information that helped them realize why he was doing it. Though she probably would have figure it out on her own with some time.

And someone said Suzaku & Euphemia had something and that was why Euphie's death was sadder? Yeah I bawled my eyes out during her death too (though more for Euphemia, than for the SuzaEuphie ship, never a big fan of that one), but I felt even worse for Lelouch & Shirley because they DIDN'T have something. Circumstance just kept them apart.

And not to get too off topic, have a pretty picture:
http://i42.tinypic.com/2epnkfr.jpg

Last edited by Daril Gukku; 2008-12-22 at 22:05.
Daril Gukku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-22, 21:38   Link #11609
azul120

I think Euphie's death would be the saddest because it all resulted from a freak accident that turned her into something she wasn't.

Shirley's demise did indeed push Lulu over the edge for a bit, because otherwise he wouldn't have had the researchers at the Geass Directorate killed. Another thing about her death was that it showed how suspicious Suzaku still was towards Lelouch, now to the point that he nearly used Refrain on Kallen as part of interrogations.

ETA: I forgot to mention that Lelouch's death also wasn't quite as sad, because it did indeed accomplish his goal of giving everyone else a future.
Old 2008-12-22, 21:51   Link #11610
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by azul120 View Post
ETA: I forgot to mention that Lelouch's death also wasn't quite as sad, because it did indeed accomplish his goal of giving everyone else a future.
I actually thought that had the opposite effect. Here he just gets spat on by the world again and again, and rather give up in the conventional sense he gives up his own happiness for the sake of the rest of the world.
Old 2008-12-22, 21:59   Link #11611
Aurelia aurita
???

Getting back on topic...
Some shots from the picture drama. The six girls of the Black Knights have a pajama party and talk about guys. Xingke gets mad at something and starts breaking stuff. Full size 1920x1080

I wonder why people stopped scanning the special artist illustration postcard and the chibi postcards after DVD3. They look like they're really cute.
The first 3 were C.C., Suzaku and Shirley. (ask me if you want me to repost the thumbnails)
Spoiler for space:

4. Lelouch by Yomino Atsuro (illustrator of the Suzaku manga)
5. Cornelia by Ishida Kana (an animation supervisor during both seasons)
6. Xingke by Sakou Yukie  (also an animation supervisor)
Aurelia aurita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-22, 22:06   Link #11612
azul120

Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
I actually thought that had the opposite effect. Here he just gets spat on by the world again and again, and rather give up in the conventional sense he gives up his own happiness for the sake of the rest of the world.
The same could be said for Suzaku Kururugi, who had to abandon his old identity in arguable disgrace as part of the Zero Requiem, and live on under the proverbial mask of Zero.

And as opposed to the deaths of Euphie and Shirley, which only served to cause grief and rage, Lelouch's ensured that the people of the world would finally be able to proceed and prosper, even at his own expense. And he accepted it as his debt to the world.
Old 2008-12-22, 22:11   Link #11613
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Densetsu Tsubasa View Post
Getting back on topic...
Some shots from the picture drama. The six girls of the Black Knights have a pajama party and talk about guys. Xingke gets mad at something and starts breaking stuff.
I would imagine it's because they're corrupting the poor Tianzi's youth. Apparently takes place after Turn 11 since Kallen isn't among them. Still need a title.
Old 2008-12-22, 22:25   Link #11614
Nikusu

Send a message via AIM to Nikusu Send a message via MSN to Nikusu
My reason for thinking Lelouch's death was in the top 2 wasn't because of the death itself, but the impact on other characters. Like mentioned, Nunally. I almost cried when the mob is chanting "Zero" while she's cradling Lelouch, screaming and bawling her eyes out. Lelouch's death by itself wasn't all that said because also like mentioned, it's what he wanted. Still, wasn't the rankings based on the overall scene rather than just the character? Meh. Maybe misunderstanding something. Anyway, I still say Lelouch's death scene was the most touching for me. And like I said, Shirley would most likely be number one for me if it wasn't for all the fake looking tears.
Nikusu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-23, 00:00   Link #11615
Aurelia aurita
???

+4 Illustration Relations (Let's get back on topic, people)
Click to go to full size

Click here for Illustration Relations pool.
+1 Mutuality (I posted this earlier, but the page gap in the middle has been fixed now)

Click here for Mutuality pool.
Aurelia aurita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-23, 01:15   Link #11616
Skellington2612
fighting swine flu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahiru77 View Post

Whose death setting did you like better???
Definitely Euphie... it affected both Lelouch and Suzaku... not that Shirley´s dead didn´t but Euphie did at the same level...
It was unexpected... and Euphie even so sweet and naive was a very likeable character... and it was more touching...
With Shirley I was like "just die already"... she was to tragic to bear with... maybe if she had a better speech while dying it would have touched me...
Euphie made Suzaku and Lelouch cry... and took with her hundred of elevens... and the fact that when she was dying people was cursing her make it more touching while Suzaku was lying to her so shed at peace...
Skellington2612 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-23, 01:18   Link #11617
azul120

Suzaku might have not been as close to Shirley, but her death did push him to do something drastic all the same. Not to mention that her death was out of left field as well.

Other than that, I agree about how tragic Euphie's death was.
Old 2008-12-23, 06:10   Link #11618
ZeroSama
All Hail Lelouch!
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by incorrupts View Post
Newtype romance rankings, the scans have not been posted right?
Thanks to aestalitz from LJ, here's the first ranking about crying-moments::
{rest are here in the comm:

http://community.livejournal.com/cod...0.html?#cutid1 }

1.Felt like my heart got torn out and then stamped on. Manly tears where shed.
2.Felt sad even though he deserved it.
3.Laughed my ass off. I really hated Euphie and lulzed at Suzaku's distraught reaction.
4.Felt really sad even though i knew a week in advance from the magazine leak.
5.Not a ShirLulu fan but the scene was well done. Heartstrings twinged a little but meh.
6.Hated Asahina so i cheered at his death.
7.As a Lelouch fanboy, no, just no. I did rage hard though.
8.I cheered at Lelouch's Magnificent Bastardness, so i was very happy rather than sad.
9.Shocked rather than sad.
10.I'm a KaLulu fan so as you can guess Lelouch acting like such a douche to my Kallen made me sad and angry in equal measure when he broke her heart.
ZeroSama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-23, 07:32   Link #11619
Bonzo
I change anime endings.

Send a message via MSN to Bonzo
Few days and the chapter 25 will be ready.
Bonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-23, 08:27   Link #11620
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

THe only Death I saw that was sad was Lelouch's and Rolo's Euphy's death was funny, or should I say BEFORE she died XD

But i was a bit sad to see Kallen broken/crying when She figured his plan out before lelouch died.

Tags
images, wallpaper