AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Clannad

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-12-14, 12:04   Link #1041
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyon.haruhi.suzumiya View Post
It's the same here, Taiwan, HK, China, Singapore. What's the big deal, really?
I know it's like that in China, with its ruthless capitalism combined with ruthless communist control of everything. But are you sure about the other three?

I was thinking the HK singer Eason Chan is still having a thriving career despite his civil servant dad being thrown in jail for corruption. Then again, he is Eason Chan, and can thus get away with the ostracisation to some extent.

I've yet to really meet someone whose career prospects are affected as a result of someone they know being in trouble with the law, so I can't make any conclusions, but I would think Taiwan, HK and even Singapore would be above such bigotry.
Old 2008-12-14, 12:24   Link #1042
ZephyrLeanne
On a sabbatical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinny Riddle View Post
I've yet to really meet someone whose career prospects are affected as a result of someone they know being in trouble with the law, so I can't make any conclusions, but I would think Taiwan, HK and even Singapore would be above such bigotry.
I have. In Japan and Taiwan at least. Singapore is taking steps to get off that.
Old 2008-12-14, 20:52   Link #1043
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShimatheKat View Post
I have. In Japan and Taiwan at least. Singapore is taking steps to get off that.
I'll take your word for it.

In HK, first there's the "Correctional Services Dept" (the dept in charge of prisons) with commercials asking the public to give their support to rehabilitated prisoners, and "give them a second chance".

Then there's the police with their commercials, warning people not to get on the wrong side of law, because "there's no second chance".

I LOL'ed at such absurdity.
Old 2008-12-14, 22:19   Link #1044
ZephyrLeanne
On a sabbatical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinny Riddle View Post
I'll take your word for it.

In HK, first there's the "Correctional Services Dept" (the dept in charge of prisons) with commercials asking the public to give their support to rehabilitated prisoners, and "give them a second chance".

Then there's the police with their commercials, warning people not to get on the wrong side of law, because "there's no second chance".

I LOL'ed at such absurdity.
Same in Singapore. You know, I went to a petrol station one fine day and found two boxes on the table.

One was packed with yellow ribbons [message: give ex-inmates a 2nd chance].
The other was filled with whistles [when you see a crime, blow it - don't give chance].

Both selling at $2 each.

Man, WTF?
Old 2008-12-16, 22:38   Link #1045
kyon.haruhi.suzumiya

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShimatheKat View Post
Same in Singapore. You know, I went to a petrol station one fine day and found two boxes on the table.

One was packed with yellow ribbons [message: give ex-inmates a 2nd chance].
The other was filled with whistles [when you see a crime, blow it - don't give chance].

Both selling at $2 each.

Man, WTF?
^^ Man, you know what's more absurd? Another time, they were selling cigarettes and Nicorette "quit-smoking gum" side by side.
Old 2008-12-17, 20:10   Link #1046
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

I'm just wondering where the Akio, Sanae, and Yoshino arcs fit into this now...

But that's just me.
Old 2008-12-19, 14:22   Link #1047
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
I'm just wondering where the Akio, Sanae, and Yoshino arcs fit into this now...

But that's just me.
And this week's episode answered the third part of your question: Yoshino's brief story was fitted in rather nicely there. His epilogue of finally coming up with an indie album comes afterwards after Tomoya and Nagisa married.

To be honest, I never saw that coming, and was pleasantly surprised Yoshino's flashback was done so well, and still have more than enough room for events leading to the proposal scene.
Old 2008-12-19, 15:52   Link #1048
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Nice.

They'll probably do Akio/Sanae after the marriage then. Or something.
Old 2008-12-20, 02:30   Link #1049
Ottocycle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Nice.

They'll probably do Akio/Sanae after the marriage then. Or something.
Two weeks wait for LOVE AND SPANNER. Oh dear I can't handle that wait.
Old 2008-12-20, 02:33   Link #1050
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

And given KyoAni and co tendency to milk the silliest idea for a single to the max, you can expect and actual release for it Including a skit by Shiraishi Minoru
Old 2008-12-20, 02:51   Link #1051
Ottocycle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
And given KyoAni and co tendency to milk the silliest idea for a single to the max, you can expect and actual release for it Including a skit by Shiraishi Minoru
Well Midorikawa has done character singles here and there before, I won't be surprised honestly even if they add Nakahara's Dango Daikazoku in it to make it sell!

But if that Shiraishi Minoru idea goes through, it'll be the worst idea ever, honestly. I'll trust that the merchandising people know where to draw the line.
Old 2008-12-20, 11:46   Link #1052
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

... they released two of those Lucky Star re mix album's. TWO of them. I lost confidence in their sanity from that point on, and just decided to let them have fun. I'd lol if they released it that way.
Old 2008-12-21, 08:49   Link #1053
GameMaster0000
Chaos Nightmare

Send a message via MSN to GameMaster0000
I think I can discuss here but...

Spoiler for for safe:
Old 2008-12-21, 09:05   Link #1054
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameMaster0000 View Post
I think I can discuss here but...

Spoiler for for safe:
I don't think they'll do that because, you know, I think we'd have a lot of pissed of people and stuff. Also, I don't think they'll do a rather abrupt transition like the game. In fact, the game doesn't directly tell you to play the game again and choose the correct choice to save her life. I think KyotoAni will have to make their own transition to make it more believable.
Old 2008-12-21, 13:29   Link #1055
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

The light orbs on the title screen only start glowing after that scene, right?

That's the only hint the game gives you, heh.

I think some form of time travel would be a good way to do the transition...
Old 2008-12-22, 01:44   Link #1056
Beo
where's the snow?

Spoiler for certain things will have to happen:
Old 2008-12-22, 17:52   Link #1057
destiny4everlove

Without spoiling too much, could someone please help me with the following questions:

-Will Nagisa and Tomoya have a wedding ceremony like Yoshino and Fuko’s sister had last season?

-As much as I have enjoyed watching Nagisa being jealous during some episodes of the A.S. arc, I would love to see Tomoya being jealous for a change, so is there any hope of watching Tomoya like that in the future episodes?

Thank you so much for your help!

Thank you so much for my beautiful avy and my amazing sig, TheEroKing!!!
Old 2008-12-22, 20:55   Link #1058
Ottocycle

Quote:
Originally Posted by destiny4everlove View Post
Without spoiling too much, could someone please help me with the following questions:

-Will Nagisa and Tomoya have a wedding ceremony like Yoshino and Fuko’s sister had last season?

-As much as I have enjoyed watching Nagisa being jealous during some episodes of the A.S. arc, I would love to see Tomoya being jealous for a change, so is there any hope of watching Tomoya like that in the future episodes?

1. I'm not too clear on this one, but I think not.

2. In a way, yes.
Old 2008-12-23, 10:53   Link #1059
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
... they released two of those Lucky Star re mix album's. TWO of them. I lost confidence in their sanity from that point on, and just decided to let them have fun. I'd lol if they released it that way.
Lucky Star, being the wacky tribute show of all things anime and manga, actually allows for such insanity. I'm confident the marketing folks would show some restraint for more serious works like Clannad.

Though I'm all for a "Love and Spanner" single by Midorikawa. (Does the magazines synopsis actually mention anything about Tomoya and Nagisa encouraging Yoshino to come out with an indie album?)

Best to leave the wacky Clannad stuff for the Comiket doujin people.
Old 2008-12-23, 10:58   Link #1060
kyon.haruhi.suzumiya

Quote:
Originally Posted by destiny4everlove View Post

1. No. Think of their financial situation.
2. I think Yes.
Closed Thread