AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2008-12-23, 10:02   Link #11581
Jimmy C

Err no. Considering Hayate's fears about what Lethir plans to do as PM, there may not be a next election, ever.
Jimmy C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-23, 13:13   Link #11582
DezoPenguin
Beta by Accident
*Author

Edit: Screw it. I wasted my entire lunch break feeding that damned troll when I should have been typing RB's omake.

Last edited by DezoPenguin; 2008-12-23 at 13:23.
DezoPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-23, 16:33   Link #11583
markesellus
Undercover Mole
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagerou View Post
Spoiler for Evergreen:

Not my best by far, but just... had to. Inspired, I guess.
That was depressing, I think those visions of Vita really packed a punch. A bit too cheesy for my taste sometimes, but still a pretty good moving on fic. That music really set up the mood.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerranReaper View Post
Spoiler for KOTR 12:

Can she get out alive?
Of course she has to get out alive. I liked this line “Matchstick? Heck, I’m giving you a bazooka." That was hilarious. Though I find it very OOC that Hayate is not paying attention to the mission when her best friend's life is on the line and they are testing out new bombs. She would want to see the result.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghazghkull View Post
I has a brainchild!!! >=D This actually came to me just before I went to bed, I hope you like it.

It is a Subaru/Tiana one-shot that I wrote and dished out, so there will be errors.

Spoiler for Diamond Night:
This was too cute (in a good way). Sometimes when I though Tia was being a little OOC you brought it back with her head butting Subaru or telling her she's an idiot. Though I'm kind of wondering how Subaru got the money to buy the necklace. But I guess that's not important.

@Dezo: *pats* Looking forward to the omake.
@Thread: The newest Name of War Chapter sounds exciting! Maybe I should find some time to read it and understand what everyone is talking about. >.>

markesellus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-23, 19:43   Link #11584
DezoPenguin
Beta by Accident
*Author

Here we have an omake to RadiantBeam's "The Christmas Locket," which is really cute and sweet and which I've had such a crappy couple of days that I haven't gotten around to reviewing it yet. As usual, she wrote the story about Lutecia and Vivio, and asked me to write from Nanoha and Fate's POV while watching their daughter's smooch. Since I felt horribly guilty over this weekend's little flare-up, I wrote the following:

Spoiler for The White Devil is Scary!:
Old 2008-12-23, 19:48   Link #11585
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
I seem to be lacking in Vi/Cia fluff lately, what with The Last Stand. I must remedy that!

Two things to note:

1. I'm operating on five-six hours of sleep right now, because I stayed out late because of a track meet last night. So, my brain isn't totally working right now.

2. I honestly don't remember much of anything about Lutecia's role in the invasion of Strikers. I believe one of her intentions was to retrieve Vivio, but we were never shown how she did that. This is all mainly speculation on my part.

Spoiler for Didn't Want To Hurt Her:

Bah. My head hurts.
Old 2008-12-23, 19:57   Link #11586
DezoPenguin
Beta by Accident
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
I seem to be lacking in Vi/Cia fluff lately, what with The Last Stand. I must remedy that!

Two things to note:

1. I'm operating on five-six hours of sleep right now, because I stayed out late because of a track meet last night. So, my brain isn't totally working right now.

2. I honestly don't remember much of anything about Lutecia's role in the invasion of Strikers. I believe one of her intentions was to retrieve Vivio, but we were never shown how she did that. This is all mainly speculation on my part.

Bah. My head hurts.
Well, Lutecia was part of the group that attacked RF6 HQ to retrieve Vivio, so...ehh, close enough, I say. If she'd been off attacking the Ground Forces HQ that would be one thing but at least she was in the right place (Vice choked on the defense line because he didn't want to shoot a little girl like he'd accidentally done in the past).

As for the story, it's really sweet. Though I think Vivio should keep her side of it in waiting for if she wants Cia to melt into a big puddle of "Awwwwwww" *sniffle* *wuv* someday...

Those breadsticks get around, don't they?
Old 2008-12-23, 20:00   Link #11587
Kagerou
"Begin, the operation!"
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Kagerou
>.>;;;

Spoiler for Nanoha and Fate versus the world:
Old 2008-12-23, 20:16   Link #11588
Saint X
VxR Productions
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to Saint X
Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha
The Origin

Prologue:
How it (probably) started it all.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4736347/1

Enjoy

*folds out*
Old 2008-12-23, 22:07   Link #11589
arkhangelsk

Quote:
>.>;;;

OK, criticisms for this short:

The Setup:
Quote:
The past two weeks had not been kind. The world she was on had been plunged into civil war shortly after a coup d'etat by so-called 'rebel' forces had occurred. The Bureau had went in to save the government and keep the peace, but the fighting had been intense; many of the rebels were former high-ranked Bureau mages, and they along with the rebels themselves had proven to be more than a minor annoyance.
But you said the world was Unadministered. From what we know of the Bureau, they don't randomly intervene to save governments (like ours) in non-administered worlds just because they are suffering coup rebellions. And why would many of the rebels on a non-administered world be former Bureau mages (a few yes, but many)? Bit of work may be necessary.

Quote:
Although they didn't kill her like plan, the most recent attack had both killed the healing mages brought along as well as severely disabled Nanoha. Only a timely intervention from an allied mage had stopped Nanoha from losing her left arm entirely.

The enemy had relented since then; apparently, both sides were reorganizing yet again. Nanoha had few allied forces to work with. The Bureau, stymied in paperwork, were trying their best to get reinforcements to the front lines. Citizens in Midchilda opposing the war were extremely vocal, and so the Bureau was having to balance those who supported and those were against the fight.
Nit: As planned.

While I can understand that the TSAB is hesitant to commit more forces, why they aren't even allowing medevacs is rather unclear.

Quote:
She had essentially been downgraded to a sniper position during combat, which kept her away from much of the fighting.
Wouldn't DF arty piece be more appropriate?

Anyway, once you wrap your head around the questionable setup, and the battle actually gets going, it gets good. The diction is captivating, and the flow of tempo was fast but correctly paced, not rushed. Immersion is good.

Conclusion: Good writing, but setup needs work.
arkhangelsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-23, 23:13   Link #11590
Jimmy C

Quote:
I honestly don't remember much of anything about Lutecia's role in the invasion of Strikers. I believe one of her intentions was to retrieve Vivio, but we were never shown how she did that. This is all mainly speculation on my part.
It's a nice fic, so I hate to do this to you, but what happened was not quite how you imagined it. Aina, the housekeeper, did her duty. She was holding onto Vivio until the end. Lutecia probably disabled everyone then fished Vivio out of there. She probably didn't see Lutecia blast everyone, or she might not have been so warm to her in SSX.

Old 2008-12-24, 01:13   Link #11591
TerranReaper
I am of the Blood Ravens

Send a message via MSN to TerranReaper
Spoiler for KOTR Chapter 13:

Would you have done the same if walls close in on you ?
TerranReaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-24, 05:19   Link #11592
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy C View Post
Lutecia probably disabled everyone then fished Vivio out of there. She probably didn't see Lutecia blast everyone, or she might not have been so warm to her in SSX.
I don't think that would have mattered much. Vivio seems to have adopted Nanoha's "That was then, this is now." attitude.

Heck, it's even funny from another point of view. Nanoha repeatedly gets attacked by people who want to save their precious people (Fate wanted her mother to love her, Vita wanted to save Hayate) whom she later becomes close friends with. Vivio gets attacked by Lutecia who wants to bring back her mother, and ends up as a close friend too.

Though the scenario is still possible. After we see Lutecia blast Vice, we don't see her until after she has retrieved Vivio. You could say that drones flew in after Vice was blasted (they had been making constant raids so far, no reason for them to stop) who then started thrashing the final line. During that, it's easy to assume a scenario in which Vivio got separated from Aina.

Last edited by Keroko; 2008-12-24 at 05:31.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-24, 07:40   Link #11593
Jimmy C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Though the scenario is still possible. After we see Lutecia blast Vice, we don't see her until after she has retrieved Vivio. You could say that drones flew in after Vice was blasted (they had been making constant raids so far, no reason for them to stop) who then started thrashing the final line. During that, it's easy to assume a scenario in which Vivio got separated from Aina.
If Vice was sensibly located, then the people were down the corridor behind him. They were in a dead end, there's no where for Vivio to run even if she didn't get stunned by a drone or Lutecia with the rest of them. It's really too bad her Saint's Armor didn't activate this time. Damn plot contrivance.

Last edited by Jimmy C; 2008-12-24 at 07:54.
Old 2008-12-24, 08:52   Link #11594
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Actually, the Saint Armor makes RD's story even more believable. There's no need for plot contrivance with the explanation of Lutecia talking to Vivio.

That aside, the 'corridor' they are hiding in is actually a hall, if you look at the shot right before the phase back to Lutecia, you'll see it's much broader then the hall Vice is in. And quite easy a room to go huddle in a corner.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-24, 11:12   Link #11595
Hiria
ArisaxSuzuka Fan! ^^

Send a message via Yahoo to Hiria
Quote:

Two things to note:

Bah. My head hurts.
Aww. Lu-chan is cute here!

nice, radiant! <3~

oh, while I'm typing this I realize something... It's....

CHRISTMAS Here already!

Merry, Merry Christmas! <3~
Hiria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-24, 12:03   Link #11596
Master Kosa
Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiria View Post
Aww. Lu-chan is cute here!

nice, radiant! <3~

oh, while I'm typing this I realize something... It's....

CHRISTMAS Here already!

Merry, Merry Christmas! <3~

Yea, here too.
so Merry Christmas :3
Once some one asked me where I came from. I just pointed behind myself. When the same person asked where I was heading, I just pointed towards the horizon I was looking at. "It's simple, I neither belong here nor there. I am just walking..."
Current fandoms: RWBY - White Rose, Frozen - Elsanna and all previous.
Master Kosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-24, 12:27   Link #11597
Kirika-chan
Fate's fan

Yeah, I not really post a lot lately (or never XD) ... But I'll just say : Merry Christmas for all the thread ^^

And thanks for your work ^^ (I almost read all of them)
Kirika-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-24, 17:48   Link #11598
TheShinySword
Master of the Shiny Crack
*Author

Send a message via AIM to TheShinySword Send a message via MSN to TheShinySword
Urg =-= It seems the thing won't be done in time. Please accept this as my apology then

Orz your real Christmas present will be here soon... I hope

Happy Christmas anywayeven though it's Christmas eve for me
TheShinySword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-24, 18:42   Link #11599
markesellus
Undercover Mole
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DezoPenguin View Post
Here we have an omake to RadiantBeam's "The Christmas Locket," which is really cute and sweet and which I've had such a crappy couple of days that I haven't gotten around to reviewing it yet. As usual, she wrote the story about Lutecia and Vivio, and asked me to write from Nanoha and Fate's POV while watching their daughter's smooch. Since I felt horribly guilty over this weekend's little flare-up, I wrote the following:

Spoiler for The White Devil is Scary!:
At least Nanoha knows they are trying to appease her. Fruitcake....

Quote:

Two things to note:

Bah. My head hurts.
Do well in the track meet? I like the bread sticks reference. Anyways, it was really cute. Lutecia does seem like a gentle person, even when carrying out missions, so this was fitting. Aww, Vivio's secret! As for tiny minuscule grammar errors that bothered me: You can't start a sentence with and.

Quote:
>.>;;;

Wow, amazing battle scenes. Great description and fast paced action to match the fighting. Awesome music as well, it really came together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerranReaper View Post
Spoiler for KOTR Chapter 13:

Would you have done the same if walls close in on you ?
I probably would have been squished by the walls. Looks like Lance is going to get into some more trouble. I can't believe the Beowulf was defeated though.

Merry Christmas!

Although it's still Christmas eve here as well.

@TSS and SaintX: Reviews will be up on FF.net

markesellus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-24, 18:58   Link #11600
TheShinySword
Master of the Shiny Crack
*Author

Send a message via AIM to TheShinySword Send a message via MSN to TheShinySword
Quote:
Originally Posted by markesellus View Post
You can't start a sentence with and.
You can't write in fragments either and I do it all the time . There are certain grammar rules that can be broken in fiction. Starting sentences with and can normally be avoid but sometimes it just works better. (And all grammer rules go out the windows when you're writing dialog.)
TheShinySword is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
authorshipping, befriending, fanfiction, interactive fanfiction, nanoha