Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-12-31, 12:57   Link #3301
WONDERMIKE
kanpai!

Send a message via ICQ to WONDERMIKE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
I never saw anywhere that it's been a week... It was not even 4 full days.

*snip*
ep12 right after the title screen "a week has passed" at 5:13
Old 2009-01-01, 10:35   Link #3302
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

The End was Rushed...I need MOAR R+V THIS NEW YEAR!!!!
Old 2009-01-01, 11:25   Link #3303
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
... depnds on what content you want. If you want the real plot to come back, then that works. But if you're in it only for the ecchi (as I'm suspecting)... *readies the rocket launcher, aiming at kenji*

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-01, 11:29   Link #3304
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magin View Post
... depnds on what content you want. If you want the real plot to come back, then that works. But if you're in it only for the ecchi (as I'm suspecting)... *readies the rocket launcher, aiming at kenji*
Just give me anything, ecchi or plot, I am bored.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-01, 12:20   Link #3305
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

*Jammer set, re-direct rocket*

Just remember 2009 Gonzo is doing alot of ecchi OVA's I can only hope. Not unless another studio takes R+V. And does the the other chapters manga that the manga readers are expecting to be in the anime.
Old 2009-01-01, 12:50   Link #3306
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magin View Post
I'm in it for the bats and bears.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-01, 13:37   Link #3307
ZippyDSM
Incoherance is my friend!

The show is a 5/10 it would be a 6 without the pedo bears and bats that with the good anime only stuff, it has its moments but even so its average at best.
ZippyDSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-01, 18:02   Link #3308
Jhono1

4/10! Would have been better without the bats yeah. Plot was atrocious, Tsukune is one of the weakest male leads I've ever seen in an ecchi/harem anime actually. Easily on par with the shota from Kanokon and the worthless maggot from Girls Bravo.

Hell, if you're giving me ecchi instead of a plot, at least show it.

Last edited by Jhono1; 2009-01-01 at 18:18.
Jhono1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-01, 18:05   Link #3309
ZippyDSM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhono1 View Post
4/10! Would have been better without the bats yeah. Plot was atrocious, Tsukune is one of the weakest male leads I've ever seen in an ecci/harem anime actually. Easily on par with the shota from Kanokon and the worthless maggot from Girls Bravo.

Hell, if you're giving me ecci instead of a plot, at least show it.
meh I enjoyed girls bravo/Kanokon more....I mean it was meant to have no plot.....
Old 2009-01-01, 18:07   Link #3310
Midonin
Last Engage

This thread really needs to let up on the false dichotomy of "plot or fanservice". It's possible to have both, not to mention that having a plot in the sense of the word people hope for does not necessarily mean a series will be good. Episodic is just as viable a form of storytelling when it comes to TV, and there have been series with a continuous plot but plenty of fanservice, both in the sexual and non-sexual way. Letting this kind of thought continue will only hurt the thread in the end.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-01, 18:44   Link #3311
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

... keep in mind that outside of Inner, this series is just another harem one. And harem series have been overdone to the point of "meh, I'll watch just because I'm bored/panty and breast shots". What made R+V break this mold was the shounen aspect to it (at least in the manga), and without that part... well, see the statement in the first part of this post

(though I will admit, I am a lover of harem series, just not a lover of one girl, Inner in this case, going and beating all the baddies and still acting cold on top of it/getting no character development for 95% of the series)

Old 2009-01-01, 18:49   Link #3312
Midonin
Last Engage

Most of that post is opinion. There are plenty of every type of series out there, but which ones people will enjoy is entirely up to them. As for the comments on Inner Moka, that's another topic entirely that's not really fit for the current discussion.
Old 2009-01-01, 19:25   Link #3313
ZippyDSM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
Most of that post is opinion. There are plenty of every type of series out there, but which ones people will enjoy is entirely up to them. As for the comments on Inner Moka, that's another topic entirely that's not really fit for the current discussion.
If its in the anime its on topic regardless of being in the manga or not, and this is a general discussion thread thus opinion is very welcome.

R+V anime is mindless fun and that’s something most can agree on.
Old 2009-01-01, 20:41   Link #3314
Jhono1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
This thread really needs to let up on the false dichotomy of "plot or fanservice". It's possible to have both, not to mention that having a plot in the sense of the word people hope for does not necessarily mean a series will be good. Episodic is just as viable a form of storytelling when it comes to TV, and there have been series with a continuous plot but plenty of fanservice, both in the sexual and non-sexual way. Letting this kind of thought continue will only hurt the thread in the end.
I cant see much evidence for your theory in this thread when it comes to R+V. What I can see however is the fact that people (myself included) say that this show failed to deliver on both accounts, censored fan service and shitty plot. That said, there are animes whom deliver on both accounts of course, they are quite rare though imo.
Old 2009-01-01, 20:44   Link #3315
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

... am I the only one who's surprised this thread is still alive? Somehow, despite it now being a week since it's over, we're still discussing it (or rather, how bad it was)

canb't we just let this hatchet stay buried?

Old 2009-01-01, 20:45   Link #3316
Jhono1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZippyDSM View Post
meh I enjoyed girls bravo/Kanokon more....I mean it was meant to have no plot.....
Hehe! Well as I said R+V failed on both accounts, Girls Bravo and Kanokon at least delivered where R+V failed. All three of them had a crappy story imo, GB and Kanokon at least gave me something to watch while shutting of my mind to that pointless story.

Ahh well, I'll just have to wait for the DVD version.
Old 2009-01-01, 20:47   Link #3317
Midonin
Last Engage

Quote:
I cant see much evidence for your theory in this thread when it comes to R+V.
I was speaking in general. The mindset of "one or the other" doesn't allow much room for thought, and it's that which I'm more against than anything in the show itself.
Old 2009-01-01, 21:12   Link #3318
ZippyDSM

Quote:
Hehe! Well as I said R+V failed on both accounts, Girls Bravo and Kanokon at least delivered where R+V failed. All three of them had a crappy story imo, GB and Kanokon at least gave me something to watch while shutting of my mind to that pointless story.

Ahh well, I'll just have to wait for the DVD version.
Kanonkon is dumb pedo fun, GB has a tad more story to it but it based itself on the ecchi while RV is a mess.

They should have gotten someone other than gonzo "we broke so we need to censor ecchi to sell discs" for the anime....
Old 2009-01-01, 23:54   Link #3319
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

No bats nor bears on the DVD's, but the screen is wide screen hinders a few NEEDED panty shots. One good reason to DL the MX version.
Old 2009-01-02, 03:44   Link #3320
Mega-Japan
Capuchuuuuuuuuuu!!!

Send a message via AIM to Mega-Japan Send a message via Yahoo to Mega-Japan
Wow, didn't notice when this thread hit 3k, funny it wasn't me who made the mark xD Then again, I'm not around anymore thanks to the nazi mods =P

Anyways, screw all that, downloading stuff from TokyoTosho, I found a 1080p version of 1st season's opening, however, this opening is slightly different, has a lot of different animations I've never seen before and has a "kessakusen" tag on it.

Is this like some R2 version of the series on a BluRay disc? Then again this anime was never released on BluRay so I've no clue what this is really...

P.S. Whoever mentioned Girls Bravo being fun should die. Kanokon was hilarious though, lol.
Mega-Japan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, ecchi, harem, romance, shounen, vampire