AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-01-11, 17:57   Link #301
Voitan

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinstrife View Post
Kaaya's betrayal sealed her coffin in my eyes. Justify it all you want, it doesn't fly with me one bit. It would take a miracle of writing to make her good in my eyes again, something I'm sure won't happen.
Agreed, I know she didn't do it for malicious reasons, but it totally disregarded Jil's thoughts and feelings.

Ultimately it's a betrayal of faith and trust.

Kaaya didn't believe that Jil could understand or do anything for what will transpire in the future, and that would totally turn me off in an instant. I'd still be friends, but to heck with messing Jil's heart up trying to keep him in her pocket with a BS kiss.

You love him? Fine, then tell him the truth and see what he thinks about it.

But nope, she doesn't have any faith in him and leaves him for the person that has personally hurt and betrayed everyone else that fought alongside Jil.

Yes it is still a betrayal despite good intentions, and has always been that way.
Voitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-11, 19:15   Link #302
Wargumm1i
Hentai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voitan View Post
Agreed, I know she didn't do it for malicious reasons, but it totally disregarded Jil's thoughts and feelings.

Kaaya didn't believe that Jil could understand or do anything for what will transpire in the future, and that would totally turn me off in an instant. I'd still be friends, but to heck with messing Jil's heart up trying to keep him in her pocket with a BS kiss.

But nope, she doesn't have any faith in him and leaves him for the person that has personally hurt and betrayed everyone else that fought alongside Jil.

Yes it is still a betrayal despite good intentions, and has always been that way.
Agreed in everyway, but I dont think there is any romantic relationship between Neeba and Kaaya.

Kaaya needs something on the top of the tower, and she didint believe enough in Jil too bring her there, so she had to choose Neeba, not out of romance but strenght, so she betrayed and continued on with him, but there is no romance thats for sure.

And Neeba needed Kaaya from the start since she was the key to the hidden tower or atleaset to the second part of the tower.

I do like to believe that Kaaya still and will love Jil again, but I just dont think Jil will ever be able to forgive Neeba again.
Wargumm1i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-11, 19:36   Link #303
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
Somehow, I'm seeing Kaaya actually being killed in the end- last time I saw a character betray someone and also tell the one they were betraying to live, that character ended up dieing... although, that was a sunrise production, one in which they were giving the audience the middle finger at every chance they could

and I'd love to speculate more on the actual series and not pairings, but I need to actually watch the episode (hopefully I can get a good stream) and stop basing my opinions on the posts in here

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-11, 19:46   Link #304
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Druaga no Tou ~The Sword of Uruk~

Welcome to the Tower of Gilgamesh

Oh, boy! How I longed to wait for the start of Druaga no Tou season two. A pretty nostalgic welcome back to the Tower, and all of the main characters that participate in this series.

GONZO did an excellent job with the reintroduction of Jil, Fatina, Kaaya, and Neeba. The animators also presented a series of flashbacks from the last episode to both keep updated newcomers and remind old veterans of Neeba and Kaaya's betrayal.

It left the audience to wonder if Jil will dare to attempt climbing the tower of Illusion in search for Kaaya? or will do so to know the true reason as to her betrayal of him?

Many of the fans out there are wondering if season two will conclude with a Fatina and Jil pairing.

I have to admit that I remained pretty much indifferent towards Fatina throughout most of season one, except at the last arc. Somehow I liked to compared her to Sakura from the Naruto-verse. Mostly due for her obsessive affection and idolising of Neeba.
However, I really want to hope that Fatina will have a deep and insightful development for her character to grow, thus, becoming a formidable participant in season two. Everybody deserves a second chance to show their true colors and growing up.

Spoiler:

Other things of interest and noteworthy attention was the mini-Kaaya girl that the duo discovered under the row seats.
Spoiler:
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-11, 19:58   Link #305
Manji Midou
Aimo ~ Tori no Hito

Quote:
I'd still be friends, but to heck with messing Jil's heart up trying to keep him in her pocket with a BS kiss.
You know what's even more bs? the so called affection's fatina so call has for jil, or the so called crush jill has for fatina....like...lulz
Spoiler:

Her name is Ki/Kai
Manji Midou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-11, 20:14   Link #306
Wargumm1i
Hentai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
Welcome to the Tower of Gilgamesh

Oh, boy! How I longed to wait for the start of Druaga no Tou season two. A pretty nostalgic welcome back to the Tower, and all of the main characters that participate in this series.

GONZO did an excellent job with the reintroduction of Jil, Fatina, Kaaya, and Neeba. The animators also presented a series of flashbacks from the last episode to both keep updated newcomers and remind old veterans of Neeba and Kaaya's betrayal.

It left the audience to wonder if Jil will dare to attempt climbing the tower of Illusion in search for Kaaya? or will do so to know the true reason as to her betrayal of him?

Many of the fans out there are wondering if season two will conclude with a Fatina and Jil pairing.

I have to admit that I remained pretty much indifferent towards Fatina throughout most of season one, except at the last arc. Somehow I liked to compared her to Sakura from the Naruto-verse. Mostly due for her obsessive affection and idolising of Neeba.
However, I really want to hope that Fatina will have a deep and insightful development for her character to grow, thus, becoming a formidable participant in season two. Everybody deserves a second chance to show their true colors and growing up.

Spoiler:

Other things of interest and noteworthy attention was the mini-Kaaya girl that the duo discovered under the row seats.
Spoiler:
Her name is Kai and she was the one Jil freed in season 1, when Kaaya tricked Jil to enter that Mini tower and free her.

That may be the reason she went to Jil or was looking for Jil in episode 1 S2, if you can recall just before she shrunk to her mini-form she said the name Jil.
Wargumm1i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-11, 21:49   Link #307
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:

I'm trying to look at this differently, and not merely on the romance angle.

I would just like to know how Kaaya felt when she did what she did, considering that one of her own, Ahmey, died to defeat the guardian. Surely, that has to weigh heavily on her. Neeba seems to be so focused on his goal that he probably thinks his means are already justified, but we're still not sure of what he truly thinks about Kally's death.

Looking it at that way, it's only understandable for Jil and Fatina, why the betrayal cuts deep. I think it's not simply about broken feelings, but also about the fact that lives were on the line and a few of their allies did die back then. But the reward and respite for their efforts? Only a shocking revelation. And they fought so hard too.

I think there's a lot of potential for an interesting story here on the character front. I guess it depends on where the story wants to go.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-12, 00:53   Link #308
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manji Midou View Post
You know what's even more bs? the so called affection's fatina so call has for jil, or the so called crush jill has for fatina....like...lulz
Lets just kill them all then there's no relationship endings.

I will be pissed though if Jil takes her back after what she did the end of S1
justinstrife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-12, 01:20   Link #309
kamikazex

+1 on jil x fatina though im also doubting it
pretty entertaining first episode. kind've sad to see them not receive the credit they deserve for defeating that last boss in season 1
ps. that little girl is adorable and cute as hell also i've always thought the troops look badass as hell....too bad they suck so badly

Last edited by kamikazex; 2009-01-12 at 02:07.
kamikazex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-12, 07:00   Link #310
BrokenWingz

Quote:
Originally Posted by r0cawearz View Post
I disagree with almost all of this. I don't dislike kaaya x Jil because of her betrayal, but because she never truly loved Jil til the very end and how she was too much of a "useless" character. Fatina on the other hand was a lot more caring for Jil even after what they've gone through in s1. Jil also had feelings for fatina before he met kaaya.

Also, Fatina isn't like mitsuki at all. Mitsuki betrayed her friend while fatina never liked kaaya since the beginning. Kaaya was the one who decided to "give up" on Jil in the beginning when neeba askes if she regrets betraying.
Congratulation you fit into the category of "some people" ^^, rather standard affair to use a negative trait of another as a reason to dislike something, it might not apply to you but some people are using it to justify their hate. As much as I appreciate the reply love is spontaneous for the most part while the show indicates it growing towards the ending. You really can't fault anyone on the period it takes to like someone because it is immeasurable and no standard apply, whether it happens at the start or end of the series genuine feelings do not change which is more important. Shrug that brings up another, Kaaya does truly love Jil

Far from useless, her oracle power helped the party in numerous occasion need I say more? Besides that loads of shared body heat moments ^^, I love those night scene with Jil snuggling up to kaaya for warmth

As for mitsuki, lol... I need to stop reply to these trivial but since imp typing I might as well write something. Our heroine in Druaga may not be friends but circumstance aside her action are similar to mitsuki. I don't fault Fatina for stealing Jil since she has no relationship to kaaya but if you read my previous comments on this issue it only reminded me of the show. Lol, I wouldn't be surprised if the next episode has her protesting against the climb for the sake of keeping Jil to herself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voitan

I'm surprise a lot of people dwell on this issue even though they know nothing about whats at the top of the tower. Let’s say I agree with you momentary on this that she didn't have faith/trust in Jil at the end of the tower but what if the thing at the end of the tower is something dire that could potentially lead to someone’s death maybe Jil perhaps? would you drag your beloved only to get them killed, I wonder. I think lovers thinking about their partners and sacrificing them self are not a common occurrence. The story may or may not move in this direction but considering Jils action in the previous episode Jils decision were rather impulsive and rather too heroic in a negative way. I would say this create a sense of doubt in kaaya.

Thinking back to the arcade episode where Jil and co played the tower of druaga game Kaaya had faith and coins in Jil's ability to pass the dungeon. the connection between the two could be kaaya's test. Emotional waver as she may be I believe she is thinking in Jil's best interesting, after Ahmey's death maybe she didn't want to lose another person.
BrokenWingz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-12, 07:07   Link #311
technomo12
Wise Otaku Seeker

question

who is getting this vibe

that ki/kai is that blue spirit that look after jil in the tower from the 1st season???

cuz looking back

and watching it back i doo see a really strong resemblance to her
technomo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-12, 07:12   Link #312
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenWingz View Post
As for mitsuki, lol... I need to stop reply to these trivial but since imp typing I might as well write something. Our heroine in Druaga may not be friends but circumstance aside her action are similar to mitsuki. I don't fault Fatina for stealing Jil since she has no relationship to kaaya but if you read my previous comments on this issue it only reminded me of the show. Lol, I wouldn't be surprised if the next episode has her protesting against the climb for the sake of keeping Jil to herself.
These KGNE references are really way off base, for instance Kaaya wasn't a spineless wonder who asked Fatina to become friends with Jil for her sake so she could ask him out for her. Also it's ridiculous to say Fatina stole Jil when Kaaya threw him away in the first place.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-12, 07:14   Link #313
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

You know, it's amazing how some people make Fatina out to be a girl who has no feelings at all for other people, and only thinks for herself. I mean yeah sure you can cheer for Kaaya and prefer Jil x Kaaya, but that is going a bit to far if you ask me. It's Try and treat her like a human being for a change, and not just a tool that stands in your way at seeing the couple you want to see at the end.
Old 2009-01-12, 09:02   Link #314
BrokenWingz

I should add /sarcasm remake at the end of my sentence ^^, I do mean it half heartily joking sense.
Old 2009-01-12, 09:28   Link #315
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
I should add /sarcasm remake at the end of my sentence ^^, I do mean it half heartily joking sense.
Funny how a lot of people say that once someone says something similar to what i said.
Old 2009-01-12, 09:31   Link #316
BrokenWingz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Funny how a lot of people say that once someone says something similar to what i said.
It’s more like I find it funny when people take me so seriously, don't know how many time I scratch my head in disbelief.

p.s I need to stop stalking this thread
Old 2009-01-12, 10:34   Link #317
Manji Midou
Aimo ~ Tori no Hito

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
These KGNE references are really way off base, for instance Kaaya wasn't a spineless wonder who asked Fatina to become friends with Jil for her sake so she could ask him out for her. Also it's ridiculous to say Fatina stole Jil when Kaaya threw him away in the first place.
No, what's ridiciluous is to say fatina has actual feelings for jil, when all she is doing is using him to forget about neeba, hell she wasn't nice to him till at the end of the series.

Quote:
You know, it's amazing how some people make Fatina out to be a girl who has no feelings at all for other people, and only thinks for herself. I mean yeah sure you can cheer for Kaaya and prefer Jil x Kaaya, but that is going a bit to far if you ask me. It's Try and treat her like a human being for a change, and not just a tool that stands in your way at seeing the couple you want to see at the end.
Funny...hypocrisy much?
How you can complain about attacking her character, while the kaaya bashing which is far worse goes unmentioned from you, huh?
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinstrife View Post
Lets just kill them all then there's no relationship endings.
I'm willing to accept this more then a jilxfatina pairing...

Last edited by Manji Midou; 2009-01-12 at 11:01.
Old 2009-01-12, 11:02   Link #318
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
I'm surprise a lot of people dwell on this issue even though they know nothing about whats at the top of the tower. Let’s say I agree with you momentary on this that she didn't have faith/trust in Jil at the end of the tower but what if the thing at the end of the tower is something dire that could potentially lead to someone’s death maybe Jil perhaps? would you drag your beloved only to get them killed, I wonder. I think lovers thinking about their partners and sacrificing them self are not a common occurrence. The story may or may not move in this direction but considering Jils action in the previous episode Jils decision were rather impulsive and rather too heroic in a negative way. I would say this create a sense of doubt in kaaya.

Thinking back to the arcade episode where Jil and co played the tower of druaga game Kaaya had faith and coins in Jil's ability to pass the dungeon. the connection between the two could be kaaya's test. Emotional waver as she may be I believe she is thinking in Jil's best interesting, after Ahmey's death maybe she didn't want to lose another person.
Jil is a man, and she's trying to stop him from being a man. Men do dangerous things. It's in our bloody nature. If she wanted a wimp that was never in a fight, she could have picked a peasant in one of the small towns. She's interfering with his wishes and dreams, and I'm sorry but that's not a good foundation for love. Not one bit. How many women watch their husbands go off to war? Or vice versa? They're selfish and don't want their significant others to fight and possibly die, but they put the other person's needs and wishes above their own.

Kaaya doesn't deserve Jil. And I will delete this series if that's the ending they give us. I hate betrayals. They suck. They hurt. Sugar coat her reasoning all you want, but they leave deep scars in a person.
Old 2009-01-12, 11:28   Link #319
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manji Midou View Post
How you can complain about attacking her character, while the kaaya bashing which is far worse goes unmentioned from you, huh?
Lol, this post was so expected.

When did i ever say i agree with what people are saying about Kaaya? Never, i was just addressing the situation regarding Fatina at the moment.
Old 2009-01-12, 11:53   Link #320
Manji Midou
Aimo ~ Tori no Hito

Quote:
Lol, this post was so expected.

When did i ever say i agree with what people are saying about Kaaya? Never, i was just addressing the situation regarding Fatina at the moment.
lulz, this response was so expected

where in my post did it say you agree with what the negative kaaya posters post?
all l did was call you a hypocrite because you are calling out all those who bash fatina yet the kaaya bashers which are more extreme go unaccountable to you.

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, gonzo, rpg