Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-05-29, 01:15   Link #3181
Slade
Coordinated Insanity

Send a message via AIM to Slade
Quote:
Originally Posted by kagetsu
I'm really not much of a fan of signatures that are just HQ pics that are cropped but they can be good and you'll see me rate them highly cause there still done tastefully, just personally its not my style. BUT! there was no way really around this one and I made one. Its from a short video called blue that was done by some of the alumni of my college last year and has been getting praise ever since (http://www.xenobi.com/projects.htm) so let me introduce you to blue.

Interesting, but don't forget to rate when you post =P.

I know what you mean by HQ crops. I do em sometimes to just to save work or if I believe there is nothing I need to do to make it look better than I just crop it and use it but sometimes I do alot of editing to make my signatures as well. I've only made... 1 or 2 original signatures(original drawing and backgrounds) so far though. I should do more if time allows.

The current one I have took a decent amount of work, I'd say I spent about 30-40 minutes on it. I think I spent time on it because I like the character that much though-

8/10 for your Robot one. It reminds me of the character from Ratchet and Clank or other generic mini-robots. 9/10 if you made the robot and background on your own though.

Lexander - http://www.1001freefonts.com/winfonts/captainpodd.zip

It's called captain podd.

Edit- Clearing up some misunderstanding

A bit of explanation of "M.O.M.O." That's actually the the code name for the character featured in my signature and she has no relations with the annoying MOMO from Xenosaga.

She is IMO the most fearsome/powerful woman in any manga/manwha I've read because she's a pseudo-human who's an ESP user and has the ability to make people's heads explode when she gets "slighty" annoyed. Getting her pissed off could very well mean the end of the entire world if not more. So ya, she's fearsome .

Last edited by Slade; 2004-05-29 at 03:05. Reason: font request
Old 2004-05-29, 01:19   Link #3182
Sid_Burn
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to Sid_Burn Send a message via AIM to Sid_Burn Send a message via Yahoo to Sid_Burn
slade : cool looking woman... 84%
Old 2004-05-29, 01:20   Link #3183
Thany
Unfair

Slade, I really like the style I would have given you a 9.5/10 for your current signature since it's quite good

Last edited by Thany; 2004-05-29 at 04:07.
Old 2004-05-29, 02:44   Link #3184
hobobaggins
だいすきが大好きです!

Send a message via AIM to hobobaggins
Slade- hodamn! 10/10 because of the expression+font+everything else!
Old 2004-05-29, 04:07   Link #3185
kagetsu
3D Animator
*Artist

Ohh yeah sorry,

Thany 8/10, I really like the border and font, think it helps out the sig alot

Sid_Burn 8/10, I like the feel of it just I don't know anything about whats it from so I can't really give anything higher

Slade 9/10, I like the flow of the mark on the face and the BG image.

Also, thats why I put the link of the people who really did that fine fine cg work cause I could get in a big mess if it was taken as my work. So no I didn't do it, would love have to but i'm not THAT good yet at cg
Old 2004-05-29, 08:48   Link #3186
darkwave
Manual Mode

Slade - 9/10 - Your sig keeps getting better! >_<

(SIG EDIT: Added borders)

Last edited by darkwave; 2004-05-29 at 17:27.
Old 2004-05-29, 14:53   Link #3187
hobobaggins
だいすきが大好きです!

kagetsu
darkwave

its good that you have signatures

but none are all the outstanding, with shocking/outstanding/original/unique subject matter.

8/10.
Old 2004-05-29, 20:13   Link #3188
outlaw55
Banned

darkwave - 5/10
Old 2004-05-30, 00:43   Link #3189
Sakura-chan
A complex "maybe"

Send a message via AIM to Sakura-chan Send a message via MSN to Sakura-chan
Slade - 10/10 ._.
Old 2004-05-30, 18:57   Link #3190
hobobaggins
だいすきが大好きです!

Sakura-chan ack! i love it in a mystefying- non /l/ sort of way! 19/20 for you.

source?
Old 2004-05-31, 01:08   Link #3191
MikoKikyo

sakura-chan that is a beautiful picture, but I think you could've done a better job with the border, it's hardly visible 8.5/10

slade- nice job 9.5/10

darkwave, I like the picture of that girl, the only thing that bothers me is that there just seems to be a lot of empty space in the middle. I would lower the light thingy down to slightly above eye level (her eye level) and get rid of the rest of her hair, other stuff above which is really nothing but black spot. somewhat like this:
Spoiler:

see what I mean? it just removes clutter
Old 2004-05-31, 02:06   Link #3192
darkwave
Manual Mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by PriestessKikyo
darkwave, I like the picture of that girl, the only thing that bothers me is that there just seems to be a lot of empty space in the middle. I would lower the light thingy down to slightly above eye level (her eye level) and get rid of the rest of her hair, other stuff above which is really nothing but black spot. somewhat like this:
Spoiler:

see what I mean? it just removes clutter
Nice suggestions!
Thanks for taking the trouble of showing me! I'll make sure to fix it. >_<

PriestessKikyo - 8/10 - Everything fits well!

(SIG EDIT) - Tweaked! >_< I guess thats a bit better now.

Last edited by darkwave; 2004-05-31 at 04:32.
Old 2004-05-31, 13:07   Link #3193
Lexander
www.thefestlanders.com

PK - yay no more freaky filterage \o/ yay! I'm liking this new one alooot. 8/10. Points off cause I'm an image quality nazi.

DW - This new one is looking much better! Liking the border and the new flash effect in the corner. 8/10. May I please have a link to the original?

Sakura-chan - I really like those colors. The image is oki too. Everything seems to go together. 8/10

Slade - thnx for the font brutha
Old 2004-05-31, 14:12   Link #3194
kakashilion
has big feet

i always like lexanders cause he has wikid variety - 9/10. Slades is really good as well. 9/10

anyway noone probably understands my signature. It all started in a boring english lesson and my friend drew a picture of kakashi. But the hair was funny at the top like 3 triangles ^^^ so i carried these all the way round to make a lions mane. And then i said "lion kakashi". After two months of brainstorming i modifed the name to "kakashi lion".

so there you go the explanation for my sig

Last edited by kakashilion; 2004-05-31 at 14:30.
Old 2004-05-31, 17:11   Link #3195
hobobaggins
だいすきが大好きです!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakashilion
i always like lexanders cause he has wikid variety - 9/10. Slades is really good as well. 9/10

anyway noone probably understands my signature. It all started in a boring english lesson and my friend drew a picture of kakashi. But the hair was funny at the top like 3 triangles ^^^ so i carried these all the way round to make a lions mane. And then i said "lion kakashi". After two months of brainstorming i modifed the name to "kakashi lion".

so there you go the explanation for my sig
however it may explain your name, it is REALLY old. 3/10 cuz its been on your siggy for ~ 3 ~6 months.

might i suggest some more ... ... /l/ style AV/Sigs?
Old 2004-05-31, 17:25   Link #3196
Thany
Unfair

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobobaggins
might i suggest some more ... ... /l/ style AV/Sigs?

Is mine enough for you hobbobagins?

kakashilion : I'm sorry but I really don't like it, + it's another Naruto signature (too much common) and very low quality... 3/10.
Old 2004-05-31, 18:27   Link #3197
kakashilion
has big feet

no probs cause i have no illusions about thinking my sigs good.

its funny for me and has some story behind it.

and yeah i have had same sig for about 1/2 months, ill start making a samurai champloo one
Old 2004-05-31, 18:28   Link #3198
hobobaggins
だいすきが大好きです!

PriestessKikyo- seems that the source could have been better... and i dont particularly have any strong feelings for evangelion (although i do harbor distinct signs of animosity, as the "EoEva" was a bitchfest by shinji)

5/10
Old 2004-05-31, 18:46   Link #3199
MikoKikyo

hobobaggins the day you remove that hideous sig is the day I'll stop skipping your posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexander
PK - yay no more freaky filterage \o/ yay! I'm liking this new one alooot. 8/10. Points off cause I'm an image quality nazi.
hahah I almost didn't realize you meant me by "PK"
yes Lex you're right about the quality being so so. It doesn't bother me the least though. I suspect the only people who will ever notice are a few , detail-oriented, Photoshop-aptituded bastards every here and there.

yours has style and a nice, varied use of colors 9/10
Old 2004-05-31, 19:10   Link #3200
Lexander
www.thefestlanders.com

Are you calling meh a
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriestessKikyo
detail-oriented, Photoshop-aptituded bastard

Kakashilion ... interesting thing about inside jokes is they tend to be unfunny to others :/ 5/10 ... for this one. (I like the animation though )

Last edited by Lexander; 2004-05-31 at 21:31.
Closed Thread

Tags
rate, signature