AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2009-03-05, 06:02   Link #721
Solafighter
Hige

Sometimes, i dont understand, why some people think, its the end of the world.

Even if KJ has million fans, he will do, what he wants. And i dont mind. SRZ is not, what most people of us expected but well.. Now, hes focusing on NNA. I have read the first few chapters and it makes an interesting impression.

Even if NNA would end like SR, there will be enough time to enjoy it.
Old 2009-03-05, 21:18   Link #722
yakumo-chan

hmmm..... maybe you're right...
i think i've changed my mind.......

for me now.. as long as SRZ lives, SR is still not dead for me........
As long as SRZ is still ongoing, my hope for SR will not die.......
i think that's why he make the SRZ...... cause when he feels to draw SR again he can go back whenever he wants to.....
for example.....
when he finished his NNA or he gets tired of drawing NNA he can go back to SR whenever he wants to.......

AS long as SRZ is still there the hope is still not gone........

SRZ is still SCHOOL RUMBLE you know...
even if SRZ is a joke.......
yakumo-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-05, 23:05   Link #723
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Just remember if there are insert bits like chapter 4,5,6 which can be canoned to SR timeline it ain't over yet, also KJ mentioned OLDER versions of SR cast in his latest interview. But he's taking time on other things. NNA I guess...
Old 2009-03-05, 23:55   Link #724
binjuice

It comes, that we all have to accept that he has left SR's main story aside as he concentrates on other things that interest him. I see it as something that will show that he doesn't have to be tied down by one project, that will require him to come up with scenarios well after he would have naturally ended it, because the viewer wants it.

I do see SRZ as a sign that he still wants to write the SR series, just, he has other things to occupy his time. It might also be that he didn't know where to take it after the Tenma arc. And he is just writing other series, like NNA, because it is another story he can get out. Another series he will have noted as his own, and which looks like it will make a descent fanbase anyway. No one wants to be tied down by one project their entire lifetime, you always want to finish a project and move on, or when you get it to a point where you can leave it for a later date, you'll move on and return.

It is depressing for the audience when so many sub plots are left blowing in the wind. It is annoying for the same audience when the writer releases another series based off the same characters but is mostly cannon. But as the audience we have to grim and bare it. SR will be completed, be it via a continuation from the arc's developed 260-281 (my hope) or a conclusion series where new arc's are developed in the characters later lives (prefer if he did this after continuing from where he left it).

As others have stated, this series and its creator KJ, have not been to the audiences preference. But we can't hate KJ from moving on in his life. We cannot harass him for stopping the story after going into a new arc. But be happy that he at least finished the Tenma/Karasuma plot, even though its open for later interpretation, and that he still is willing to write the SR series, via SRZ. Allowing himself to return and develop it after other series. He did very well, and wrote a very long and entertaining series with SR. I hope that NNA is successful, just that he finishes it and returns to finish SR soon.
binjuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-06, 00:24   Link #725
Ryuou
進む道は武士道のみ

Location: Dying to get back to Japan (but currently near Chicago)
How is Natsu no Arashi by the way?
Ryuou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-06, 00:56   Link #726
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
binjuice, it is not just Tnma ending which is closed, Harima line is closed as well. In a sense there is no open ending for Harima at the end of SR - it is pretty much closed - Harima will be a loser all his life and won't have any successful love relationship, that's how the ending ends for Harima as he is still not out of Tenma tunnel vision.

What is disturbing is that he cut off all of the plots that lead till 281. He did not wrapped anything up, he just cut it all off so that we would get Tenma ending and that we would know that all sub-plots regarding Harima are useless because in the end he will still be a loser for ever.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-06, 05:34   Link #727
binjuice

Referring to the tenma being closed, as its 100% not gonna have any new love spin offs at all.
Whilst Harima, as he may not return will still have the ever escalating Yakumo and Eri fight. I do agree that the tunnel visioned character flaw that Harima was given is irratating, but those two will still fight over him (aka whats hinted at in SRZ 6?) He himself is blind, but the line is open... its just not his interest at this time. Maybe KJ will open him up... I don't know, and thats why I will still read it

What I want is more of a close off of the entire class, yeah its the end of their year but still.. Theres the whole 3rd year to go for all of them... which is annoying, oh and plain and simple, ghost girl, I know she's sorta tidied up in the OVA and Manga but still, more Yakumo based story. It is most annoying though that it does just get cut off completely (btw, I still reakon that Harima could be changed but needed about 5 more chapters of living at the Yakumo's for something to develop.) Gah so much untold story >.<

*denies he's an addict to the story, but anything 200 chapters long just draws on ya*
binjuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-06, 08:32   Link #728
Darknemo2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by binjuice View Post
its just not his interest at this time. Maybe KJ will open him up... I don't know, and thats why I will still read it
It means it is closed ending at the moment SR ends. It may be opened once he starts doing events after the last SR chapters but as long KJ does not - Harima's ending is as much closed as Tenma's. He will remain a looser for life unless he breaks his tunnel vision.
Old 2009-03-07, 00:04   Link #729
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

KJ must break Harima's tunnel of vision once and for all, if he's going the older versions of the SR cast.
Old 2009-03-09, 22:29   Link #730
random_guy

Hello guys!

Well, my intention was to publish ch. 5 and 6 at the same time, but
for time issues (damn university) i give you SRZ Ch. 5.

Sorry for the biiiig delay but i'm very busy here

Thanks for your patience, i promess to give you Ch. 6 ASAP.

Download here (or read online):

http://mangahelpers.com/s/random-guy.../details/15515
random_guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-10, 00:05   Link #731
AdventSleeper

Thanks for the chapter, I'm just glad there's someone at least working on SRZ
AdventSleeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-10, 14:10   Link #732
kardinal

thanks for chapter n ur works random guy.
kardinal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-10, 15:09   Link #733
Witacume
Kalulu YES WE CAN

wow i just wnat to say wow.
I feel a bit hopeful but what am i suppose to do?
Witacume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-10, 15:56   Link #734
Marty17
Like What You Hate

Quote:
Originally Posted by random_guy View Post
Hello guys!

Don't worry about it RG, I know we all anticipating for the chapters to be translated (& we thank you for that), but University is important, so be that your main prioritiy 1st.
Old 2009-03-10, 18:19   Link #735
yakumo-chan

chapter 5 is the best!
want more adult days of SR!

Yakumo vs. Eri!!!!!
Spoiler for scene:

yakumo-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-10, 20:29   Link #736
lordjuggernaut
Earl of Yakumon-shire

MOE adult Yakumo.... lol
chapter 6 is nice......
I wub eri when she's all red like that..... i for see a great ova series coming up..... i hope they can flesh out the series but i suppose that is too much to ask eh?
lordjuggernaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-10, 23:49   Link #737
youngblack_2008

did yoou know that chapter 6 is translated one onemanga.com
youngblack_2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-11, 00:25   Link #738
Darknemo2000

I think adult Eri is not as good looking as school Eri... While Yakumo looks good in either cases, but since I am Eri fan, I am not so eager about adult SR... Eri looks worse.
Old 2009-03-11, 00:53   Link #739
Mughi
Wordy b@stard

Quote:
Originally Posted by random_guy View Post
Hello guys!

Yea! A fun read. Thanks SO much for doing the translation.

Anyone else notice the little Tenma silhouette with the death sickle in the border of each page? Funny... And speaking of funny, this episode wasn't... and that was the "funniest" thing about it. At some points it didn't feel like KJ's work much at all... Great to read as a fan, but if I didn't know the series at all, I'd just be going Huh?!?!?
Mughi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-11, 00:56   Link #740
Mughi
Wordy b@stard

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
I think adult Eri is not as good looking as school Eri... While Yakumo looks good in either cases, but since I am Eri fan, I am not so eager about adult SR... Eri looks worse.
I'm with you over Eri man... She was teh hotness, but a little odd in places of this strip. Something about the drawings... I thought she looked dead sexy in a couple of panels, and too much like a Leiji Matsumoto chara in others. But yeah, Yakumo still has it in the very few panels she gets.
Mughi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy