AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-03-16, 16:04   Link #2321
Shadow Kira01

I just casted my votes and here they are: http://myanimelist.net/blog.php?eid=27473
Old 2009-03-16, 16:09   Link #2322
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Send a message via AIM to minhtam1638
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trisse View Post
Oh, you have a point there. Never checked Horo's profile on the main page, thought it was a silly voting form typo Maybe I should join you there.

Anyway, what's the reasoning behind this unorthodox spelling?
The Spice and Wolf official Japanese site romanized Holo with an L, so we're going to use the L.
Old 2009-03-16, 16:16   Link #2323
LazyCanuck
I do nothing all the time

Yeah as minty said they are using the "official" spelling of all the names regardless of how stupid it looks or sounds, for no other reason then because they want to.
Old 2009-03-16, 16:17   Link #2324
Trisse
Habitual Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by minhtam1638 View Post
The Spice and Wolf official Japanese site romanized Holo with an L, so we're going to use the L.
I see. That's a valid reason for sure... still, my ears tell me otherwise. All the subs I've seen have also used "Horo". Got used to it.
Guess I'm with LazyCanuck on this one.
Old 2009-03-16, 18:09   Link #2325
Ahasuerus
UNBOUND-ed

Votes are in

Can't help but notice an odd trend this round... nearly unanimous support for Gin v Ayu I had to rush though the posts since it was so close to poll-closing time, but man

The zetsubou will be here to stay this year for sure

Get used to it

Votes for Aquamarine One: (* = tough decisions)
*ARENA 01: [Furude Hanyū] Shana
ARENA 02: Misaka Mikoto [Misaka Shiori]
ARENA 03: Katsura Hinagiku [Kurata Sayuri]
ARENA 04: [Kawasumi Mai] Nagato Yuki
ARENA 05: Maria [Sakagami Tomoyo]
ARENA 06: Asahina Mikuru [Furude Rika]
ARENA 07: [Kamio Misuzu] Kirisame Marisa
ARENA 08: Hinamori Amu [Sanzen'in Nagi]
ARENA 09: [Index Prohibitorum] Katagiri Yūhi
ARENA 10: [Tsukimiya Ayu] Suigintou
ARENA 11: Saber [Holo]
ARENA 12: C.C. [Minase Nayuki]
ARENA 13: [Ryūgū Rena] Evangeline McDowell
ARENA 14: [Sunohara Mei] Suzumiya Haruhi
*ARENA 15: Ryōgi Shiki [Kasuga “Ōsaka” Ayumu]
*ARENA 16: Alice Carroll [Shinku]
ARENA 17: Shameimaru Aya [Hiiragi Tsukasa]
ARENA 18: Kinomoto Sakura [Mizunashi Akari]
ARENA 19: [Hiiragi Kagami] Louise Vallière
ARENA 20: [Yagami Hayate] Vita
*ARENA 21: Furukawa Nagisa [Sawatari Makoto]
ARENA 22: Chiba Kirino [Fate Testarossa]
ARENA 23: Anya Alstreim [Kawazoe Tamaki]
ARENA 24: [Chii] Hakurei Reimu
ARENA 25: [Konjiki no Yami] Izumi Konata
ARENA 26: Remilia Scarlet [Takamachi Nanoha]
ARENA 27: Suiseiseki [Kushieda Minori]
ARENA 28: [Nagi] Kawashima Ami
ARENA 29: Kōzuki Kallen [Illyasviel von Einzbern]
ARENA 30: Tōsaka Rin [Aisaka Taiga]
ARENA 31: Fujibayashi Kyō [Ibuki Fūko]
ARENA 32: [Ichinose Kotomi] Patchouli Knowledge

Arena 1: Hanyuu's moe outweighed Shana's, so vote goes to Hanyuu
Arena 15: Shiki's one of my all-time favorite characters, but Osaka's got more moe elements working for her, so vote goes to her
Arena 16: Really tough... By Origination Alice's full-strength moe came to the surface, but it didn't QUITE overtake the overall feeling I have for Shinku, who has a much different variety of moe, but is more powerful for me. Even an edge gives the vote to Shinku
Arena 21: AWFUL!!! One of the hardest matchups for me, ever. Nagisa is probably my Number Three Girl, but having rewatched much of Makoto's arc in Kanon recently combined with a powerful AMV of her left me no choice but to vote for her concentrated scenes of moe + heartbreaking story over Nagisa's lighter, kinder variety, her own story notwithstanding. I'm gonna lose sleep over this one

Oh. And Arena 10: FFS PEOPLE! On one hand you have Ayu, heroine of Kanon, an alleged "moefest"; on the other you have Suigintou, the malevolent (yet "misunderstood" LOL), gloomy, and hateful villainess from RM. Vote on who's more moe GOGOGO!

Something tells me this is going to be a looooooong year
Old 2009-03-16, 18:12   Link #2326
Sonae
A l i c e
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trisse View Post
I see. That's a valid reason for sure... still, my ears tell me otherwise. [u]All the subs I've seen have also used "Horo".[/b] Got used to it.
Guess I'm with LazyCanuck on this one.
I watched a sub that used Holo
Old 2009-03-16, 18:56   Link #2327
Mushi
Hopeless Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inko-chan View Post
Oh. And Arena 10: FFS PEOPLE! On one hand you have Ayu, heroine of Kanon, an alleged "moefest"; on the other you have Suigintou, the malevolent (yet "misunderstood" LOL), gloomy, and hateful villainess from RM. Vote on who's more moe GOGOGO!
Moe is a strange thing. As much as I like her story, Ayu never appealed to me all that much on a personal level. Suigintou does a lot for me just on character design alone.

Sometimes the choice simply comes down to asking myself, "Who would I like to see more of, right now?"
Old 2009-03-16, 19:08   Link #2328
Ahasuerus
UNBOUND-ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mushi View Post
Moe is a strange thing. As much as I like her story, Ayu never appealed to me all that much on a personal level. Suigintou does a lot for me just on character design alone.

Sometimes the choice simply comes down to asking myself, "Who would I like to see more of, right now?"
Nicely said

I must just STFU and not let my despair overwhelm me

While I do like Gin quite a lot, character design isn't enough to prod me into outweighing other, more precious, elements of moe for girls who I simply LIKE better. I was smitten with Ayu from the first scenes I saw her in, while my reaction to Gin was more of being in breathtaken awe. But the stains of my early hatred for her have lingered (obviously LOL), not being tempered until the end of RM season 1. Then with Ouverture I finally "got her"

Meanwhile, Ayu was tickling my fancy all along (Yui Horie helped a great deal too )

Yeah, moe is a strange thing...
Old 2009-03-16, 19:40   Link #2329
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

I'm with LazyCanuck on this: it's HORO, not holo!

Anyway, votes aplenty!

ARENA 01: Furude Hanyū [Shana]
ARENA 02: Misaka Mikoto [Misaka Shiori]
ARENA 03: [Katsura Hinagiku] Kurata Sayuri
ARENA 04: Kawasumi Mai [Nagato Yuki]
ARENA 06: [Asahina Mikuru] Furude Rika
ARENA 07: [Kamio Misuzu] Kirisame Marisa
ARENA 09: Index Prohibitorum [Katagiri Yūhi]
ARENA 10: [Tsukimiya Ayu] Suigintou
ARENA 11: Saber [Horo]
ARENA 12: [C.C.] Minase Nayuki
ARENA 14: Sunohara Mei [Suzumiya Haruhi]
ARENA 15: Ryōgi Shiki [Kasuga “Ōsaka” Ayumu]
ARENA 16: Alice Carroll [Abstained] Shinku
ARENA 18: [Kinomoto Sakura] Mizunashi Akari
ARENA 21: [Furukawa Nagisa] Sawatari Makoto
ARENA 23: Anya Alstreim [Abstained] Kawazoe Tamaki
ARENA 25: Konjiki no Yami [Izumi Konata]
ARENA 28: [Nagi] Kawashima Ami
ARENA 29: [Kōzuki Kallen] Illyasviel von Einzbern
ARENA 30: Tōsaka Rin [Aisaka Taiga]
ARENA 31: [Fujibayashi Kyō] Ibuki Fūko

Old 2009-03-16, 20:17   Link #2330
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Send a message via AIM to minhtam1638
Well if you seriously want it changed to "Horo", talk to Crisu, because he made the decision when I was offline. I just happened to agree when I found out about it.
Old 2009-03-16, 22:48   Link #2331
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Today I received 4 MM from MAL clubs about ISML. I need to cut back on the character clubs, I think.

Also, Minhtam did you ever solve that issue about Singapore and their shared I.P's? Do the votes still go through even though it says "you already voted" when they didn't?

Edit: 2 - I tallied the current vote count for each character from votes that where posted on ISML forum, MAL, and Asuki ISML forum - Ahaha, too much free time.

All I have to say is It's quite humorous how well Hanyuu is doing based on the 71 votes I counted, and how badly Shana will destroy her in the end. (Unless that Ova did something amazing that I'm not aware of...) I'm beginning to think MAL is a Higurashi fan breeding pool.

Last edited by Demi.; 2009-03-17 at 00:37.
Old 2009-03-17, 00:26   Link #2332
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Oyashiro-sama works in mysterious ways...as do Flame Hazes.
Old 2009-03-17, 00:30   Link #2333
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Alright time for the voting .

ARENA 01: [Furude Hanyū] Shana
ARENA 02: [Misaka Mikoto] Misaka Shiori
ARENA 04: [Kawasumi Mai] Nagato Yuki
ARENA 07: Kamio Misuzu [Kirisame Marisa]
ARENA 08: [Hinamori Amu] Sanzen'in Nagi
ARENA 09: Index Prohibitorum [Katagiri Yūhi]
ARENA 10: Tsukimiya Ayu [Suigintou]
ARENA 11: Saber [Horo]
ARENA 12: [C.C.] Minase Nayuki
ARENA 15: [Ryōgi Shiki] Kasuga “Ōsaka” Ayumu
ARENA 16: [Alice Carroll] Shinku
ARENA 17: [Shameimaru Aya] Hiiragi Tsukasa
ARENA 20: Yagami Hayate [Vita]
ARENA 21: Furukawa Nagisa [Sawatari Makoto]
ARENA 23: [Anya Alstreim] Kawazoe Tamaki
ARENA 24: Chii [Hakurei Reimu]
ARENA 28: Nagi [Kawashima Ami]
ARENA 30: [Tōsaka Rin] Aisaka Taiga
ARENA 31: [Fujibayashi Kyō] Ibuki Fūko
ARENA 32: Ichinose Kotomi [Patchouli Knowledge]

I'm enjoying the Vita vs Hayate match personally. Gave the vote to Vita, but it's always tough when people close to each other have to match up like this . Should be good to see the end results. Wish Hanyuu the best of luck since Shana is not easy to get past. Even though I think Hanyuu wins on her moe levels. Still think she has the most moe character song of all time .

Though it came up a few times on the Spice and Wolf board didn't think I'd run into the Holo spelling again . Just when you think you've escaped it comes right back. Rather focus on the match then spelling even if the other one makes my eye twitch a bit when seeing it. The important thing is beating Saber.
Old 2009-03-17, 01:12   Link #2334
FiREwing

I... I LIVE. Just in time for match 1 too.

Spoiler for Votes:
Old 2009-03-17, 01:15   Link #2335
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Space Opera Time:

image by melange

The year was 2008, the Great Moe War had ended. The battles between the KyoAni Empire and the Kugimiya Alliance had left the galactic rim in ruins. Most of the minor systems had been destroyed, and several major worlds had been shattered or heavily damaged.

But some things remained:
The tenuous alliance between Shana and Fate had held the line against the KyoAni Empire. The after math has shaken the very core of the galaxy. The once Great Void is gone, but the Master of the Void remains, shaken but alive.

The KyoAni Empire suffered several reorginizations due to the will of the God Empress Haruhi. However her will has been counterpointeed by her Key Advisor: Kyou, and as such the power of Key has grown in the Empire over the almost equal Non-Key forces. The God Empress, not to be marginalized within her own Empire, has keep her core three and the three Lucky Stars for herself and given control of the Key systems to Advisor Kyou and President Tomoyo. The Kanon systems have managed to salvage the sickly world of Shiori and have brought forth reenforcements from the animalistic people of Makoto. President Tomoyo and the God Empress Haruhi agreed to remove Kyou's sister world of Ryou and replace it and Kyon's Sister with a the loli-world of Mei. Also the hard choice of cutting Fleet Captain Tessa Testerossa in favor of Paleontologists of Misuzu. However the choice to cut Captain Testerossa has left Haruhi's flank open to a new rising empire.

New developments:
With the suprising victories of the once unallied world of C.C., the Code Geass Empire has expanded to three systems and has infringed on KyoAni Imperial Space. The God Empress is not amused.

A few of the other minor unallied worlds managed to survive heavily battered and broken by the war, but have managed to regain a foothold on the outer rim. Worlds such as Alice and Tamaki have managed to draw up support and formed their own small regions of space.

Others Empires or Republics have manged to revive some of their lost territory in the war's aftermath. Nanoha and Fate have managed to bring the world of Vita back and have called on the Master, Hayate, to bring new support to the front lines.

The once powerful Maidens of Rozen have maanged to holdout thanks to the efforts of their darkest sister world: Suigintou. The twin garden worlds have been seperated in the conflict and now only Suiseiseki remains, battered but defiant. With the help of both worlds they have managed to salvage the Red World of Shinku and granted it the chance to shine once more.

Other worlds in the Fate/Stay Nght and Higurashi Sectors have been battered but hold their own. The Worlds of Rin and Saber have decided to fight back with a loli-world of their own.

The greatest shift however have been around the area once held by the Negima Empire and the Great Void. With the almost total destruction of the Negima Empire around the middle of the war, the remaining world of Evangeline was banished across the Great Void to the whims of the KyoAni Empire. However the Great Void magicially imploded after the war, openning up space. It was filled rapidly.

With the core barely held, the Kugimiya Alliance nearly fell apart. However with the loss of the Great Void, Jedi Master Shana and Louise of the Void put out a call...a call that would bring forth the Grand Systems of the JCS. With the boost in numbers and the addition of two more Kugimaya Knights, and the holding of Hayate Space via Knight Nagi, the line has been reforged.

But the destruction of the Great Void was the greatest mystery of the age. It seems the void, magical as it was, was removed by a greater source of magics...the Touhou had arrived within the Galaxy. With five systems, the Touhou represent one of the strongest factions outside the KyoAni Empire and the Kugimaya Alliance. Thus the field is set. Two major factions from the last war locked in a stalemate, and a new viable power ready to take advantage of this weakness.

The year is 2009. This is the Second Moe War.

Last edited by Ithekro; 2009-03-17 at 11:09.
Old 2009-03-17, 01:33   Link #2336
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiREwing View Post
Spoiler:
It's May 2009 now. If not, then I've been trolled once more.

WB you little lacker.
Old 2009-03-17, 01:37   Link #2337
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

She lives!

Preparing for future RAGE.

EDIT: For those of you not already asleep, or just about to go to bed, you have slightly less that 3 hours and 45 minutes left to vote. as of this edit.

Last edited by Ithekro; 2009-03-17 at 03:17.
Old 2009-03-17, 05:23   Link #2338
chaosprophet

My Votes:

ARENA 01: Furude Hanyū [Shana]
ARENA 02: [Misaka Mikoto] Misaka Shiori
ARENA 04: Kawasumi Mai [Nagato Yuki]
ARENA 07: Kamio Misuzu [Kirisame Marisa]
ARENA 09: [Index Prohibitorum] Katagiri Yūhi
ARENA 10: Tsukimiya Ayu [Suigintou]
ARENA 11: Saber [Holo]
ARENA 12: C.C. [Minase Nayuki]
ARENA 13: Ryūgū Rena [Evangeline McDowell]
ARENA 15: Ryōgi Shiki [Kasuga “Ōsaka” Ayumu]
ARENA 16: Alice Carroll [Shinku]
ARENA 19: Hiiragi Kagami [Louise Vallière]
ARENA 21: Furukawa Nagisa [Sawatari Makoto]
ARENA 23: Anya Alstreim [Kawazoe Tamaki]
ARENA 28: Nagi [Kawashima Ami]
ARENA 30: [Tōsaka Rin] Aisaka Taiga
ARENA 31: Fujibayashi Kyō [Ibuki Fūko]

ARENA 22: It wasn't a difficult vote as Fate is a higher level tha Kirino in my list but It's sad I had to vote agaisnt Kirino, who is my 5th place, so soon.
ARENA 25: Yami and Konata are on the same level for me so this one was really difficult... end up voting for Yami. One of the recent chapters of TLr helped her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demi. View Post
Edit: 2 - I tallied the current vote count for each character from votes that where posted on ISML forum, MAL, and Asuki ISML forum - Ahaha, too much free time.

All I have to say is It's quite humorous how well Hanyuu is doing based on the 71 votes I counted, and how badly Shana will destroy her in the end. (Unless that Ova did something amazing that I'm not aware of...) I'm beginning to think MAL is a Higurashi fan breeding pool.
How's the Fate x Kirino ratio is?
Old 2009-03-17, 05:38   Link #2339
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

(52)Fate - (24)Kirino - The amount of pity votes I had to tally was making my head spin.

Akari appears to be trouncing Sakura, but I won't believe it until I see it. I don't want to believe it.

...What else... Nagisa and Makoto are fairly close...
Touhou's are being massacred, but most Touhou votes won't be coming from those places.

(Shana/Hanyuu was 40 to 40)
Old 2009-03-17, 06:40   Link #2340
LazyCanuck
I do nothing all the time

just how bored are you all day lmao

well heres hoping for some results for when i wake up tomorrow ~ night peoples

Tags
international, saimoe